Author Topic: 8 Oscars Nominations for BBM - Reaction & Thought  (Read 86107 times)

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
Re: 8 Oscars Nominations for BBM - Reaction & Thought
« Reply #210 on: Mar 05, 2006, 07:44 PM »
My final thoughts going into the awards:
Word is that:
Brokeback unlikely to win any acting awards**
Screen Play --up for grabs--fair chance...
Likely to win Best Picture
Odds on Favorite to win Best Director  --If Ang Lee doesn't win will be considered a HUGE upset.

What's up with Homophobe Tony Curtis.  Says he won't put the Brokeback DVD in his machine to even consider it--(he's a voting member btw!)   Jamie-Lee needs to Womp him aside the face!

**Many/Most critics agree Heath gave strongest performance but PSH is Odds on favorite to win for his Capote shtick.

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #211 on: Mar 05, 2006, 10:11 PM »
My final thoughts going into the awards:
Word is that:
Brokeback unlikely to win any acting awards**
Screen Play --up for grabs--fair chance...
Likely to win Best Picture
Odds on Favorite to win Best Director  --If Ang Lee doesn't win will be considered a HUGE upset.

What's up with Homophobe Tony Curtis.  Says he won't put the Brokeback DVD in his machine to even consider it--(he's a voting member btw!)   Jamie-Lee needs to Womp him aside the face!

What is so strange the Tony was in Some Like it Hot---the funniest and gayest movie of all time! Plus, isn't Jamie Lee Jake's GodMother?? Mercy!

**Many/Most critics agree Heath gave strongest performance but PSH is Odds on favorite to win for his Capote shtick.
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
« Reply #212 on: Mar 06, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Oscars some photos:  The look like have fun !!!  ;D

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

aimi15

« Reply #213 on: Mar 06, 2006, 05:33 PM »
I know which one i'd want to take home! Jake even manages to make Clooney look like a dogs dinner  ;) :P

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #214 on: Mar 06, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Nothing like a bunch of guys on top of the world.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #215 on: Mar 06, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Thank you so much for those pictures, Lost_Girl. Our men are all there !

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #216 on: Mar 07, 2006, 04:17 AM »
This might be of interest to many Athony Pellicano a.k.a Tony pellicano is under investigation for indiser corruption that involves teh Elite and Powerfull in hollywood and it has been going on for the last 20 years, Anderson Coopers reported today that the FBI is trying to have Pellicano in a witness program to cover up his shady deals, but Pellicano who is already in jail said that heads in Hollywood will roll whether they like it or not, and some of these people are in conjunction to the Academy and his backdoors deals and kills!
here is an article

http://mensnewsdaily.com/blog/kouri/2006/01/hollywood-private-eye-to-stars-and.html

The powerhouse that runs is about to undergoe some major chaos here a part:

At the center of this blossoming investigation is Anthony Pellicano. Until the time the police raided his Hollywood offices in 2002, he was hailed as one of the most successful private detectives in the city, with a roster of clients that included A-list actors and some of the industry's most important lawyers who represent Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson and many other showbiz bigwigs
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006, 04:21 AM by frenchcda »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
« Reply #217 on: Mar 07, 2006, 07:48 AM »

You can find a lot of pictures and video about Oscar @ http://www.iheartjake.com/

"Before party oscar"

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006, 08:20 AM by Lost_Girl »

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline rabjr1

• Ennis
« Reply #218 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:49 AM »
I know which one i'd want to take home! Jake even manages to make Clooney look like a dogs dinner  ;) :P

and PSH looks like a pig's breakfast.
RAB aka Raoul The Really Rotten

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
« Reply #219 on: Mar 07, 2006, 11:49 AM »
No Comment !  :o ;D ;)

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline scruffy

• Scruff Nasty
  • Jack
« Reply #220 on: Mar 07, 2006, 12:29 PM »
oops.  I posted in the wrong thread.  I moved it.  Sorry.  **embarassed with tail down**
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006, 12:32 PM by scruffy »

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #221 on: Mar 07, 2006, 02:23 PM »
I just love Jake's antics especially the one behind Ang, making faces  ;D

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis

Icon by meowwwwwww

JerBear418720

« Reply #223 on: Mar 07, 2006, 05:59 PM »

Why insult the breakfast?  It's only innocent oatmeal.  PSH is the pig itself!   >:( ;D >:(

*wink*, RAB!

Offline rabjr1

• Ennis
« Reply #224 on: Mar 07, 2006, 11:56 PM »

Why insult the breakfast?  It's only innocent oatmeal.  PSH is the pig itself!   >:( ;D >:(

*wink*, RAB!

In some countries ;ig IS breakfast.

Offline rabjr1

• Ennis
« Reply #225 on: Mar 07, 2006, 11:58 PM »

In some countries PIG is breakfast.

gotta to spell check more

JerBear418720

« Reply #226 on: Mar 08, 2006, 11:01 PM »

In some countries PIG is breakfast.

gotta to spell check more

well, yeah, true - like OSCAR Meyer bacon!

Offline roguejedi

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #227 on: Mar 09, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Hello everyone :-)

I might be a bit crazy in saying this, but BBM not winning the Best Picture is reflective of the movie theme.  So-called polite society back in 1960's didn't accept the relationship of Ennis & Jack is equivalent of our hollywood society not being ready to award a gay theme film the "highest prestige".  Ennis' loss is a result of society's morals, just as our disappointment is a result of the Academy's old conservative views.  Regardless of the outcome of the Oscar, BBM is still reigns in our hearts, just as even though Jack died, he still lives in Ennis's heart.

Offline The Ultimate Otaku

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #228 on: Mar 10, 2006, 12:18 AM »

The current poster for this website, with Jack and with "Brokeback Mountain - Best Picture of our hearts" has me in tears!  :'(   :'(   :'(

I"m really feeling the BBM love now (gosh darn PBS!), but I"m also feeling sad that it didn't win the Oscar it so deserved. I was so ready to be proud of it for winning and so wanting to cheer it's victory. BBM winning would have proclaimed to the world that SOMEONE opened their eyes enough to give it the "Best Picture" award, and would have informed others they they, too, should open their eyes.

This movie has a giant heart. Crash has a heart, too, but BBM's heart is the biggest. That's why BBM should've won!  :-\

But oh well. No use crying over spilt milk. BBM will always be the Best Picture of my heart!  :-*  :'(
BBM rocks my socks!   :3

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #229 on: Mar 10, 2006, 12:27 AM »
But oh well. No use crying over spilt milk. BBM will always be the Best Picture of my heart!  :-*  :'(

You have my support and I feel you. You are right - BBM is and will be the Best Picture of our hearts.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline rabjr1

• Ennis
« Reply #230 on: Mar 10, 2006, 06:18 AM »
so far the only thing "Crash" has generated is a lawsuit by a so called director on a power trip.  And as far as all those old farts in Hollywood who would not/did not see BBM well there is too much embalming fluid in their blood stream  for them to make a rational decision.

Me thinks that most of Hollywood was led astray by Roger Ebert who stuck to his own flawed opinion concerning both Crash and BBM.  Roger Ebert gets too much time on television and as such truly intelligent critics are mostly overlooked.  You can't beat a lot of appearances on Jay Leno, Oprah and  David Letterman spouting whatever crap you want to sway people.  Just being on these shows gives to him a over inflated degree of respectability. 

Perhaps in order to level the playing field (look at me what AM I smoking?) Roger Ebert should be banned from any TV appearances.  He should stick to the print media - the kind that is only fit bird cage linings and landfills.

Offline flikker2005

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #231 on: Mar 10, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Hello everyone :-)

I might be a bit crazy in saying this, but BBM not winning the Best Picture is reflective of the movie theme.  So-called polite society back in 1960's didn't accept the relationship of Ennis & Jack is equivalent of our hollywood society not being ready to award a gay theme film the "highest prestige".  Ennis' loss is a result of society's morals, just as our disappointment is a result of the Academy's old conservative views.  Regardless of the outcome of the Oscar, BBM is still reigns in our hearts, just as even though Jack died, he still lives in Ennis's heart.

I agree.  The Oscars are life imitating art. 

Ennis, in the end is denied Jack's ashes.

We are, in the end, denied Best Picture.

The Stud Duck still has influence.  I equate some of the members of the acedemy to Jack's father and L.D.

The fact remains; Brokeback Mountain is the best picture; not only of this year, but of our time.  I think we will not see in our lifetime a point in time such as this.  A film that so clearly states the truth is rare.

Touts les événements sont enchaîné dans le meilleur des mondes possibles ... VOLTAIRE "Candide; ou L'Optimisme"

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #232 on: Mar 10, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Two Points:
1.During the music score nomination performance (with violin solo), did you notice that during the Brokeback Mountain montage there was a quick edit from the montage to the violinist??? Well, the rapid cut away (then return to the montage) excludes the first reunion hug of Ennis and Jack at the bottom of the stairs...I ain't foolin'! It is a terrible edit in an otherwise continuous shot. Maybe you can find it on youtube. That edit would be indicative of what would you say????
2. E!'s post show contained an un-aired,  earlier,  pre-show interview with Jake, interviewed by "how do I , Paris Hilton, and Jay Leno have careers?" Isaac Mizrahi! Terrible interview, but at the end of the interview, Isaac says..,"well, congratulations a n y w a y!  (awkward pause) I hope you win." Then turns to the camera with a goofy, idiot face as Jake walks away. Did Isaac know anything? Maybe he is just not worthy of that position.
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.