Author Topic: Writer's Guild Awards  (Read 7623 times)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Writer's Guild Awards
« on: Feb 03, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Another possible award for BBM. It is nominated for "Adapted Screenplay".

http://www.wga.org/awards/awardssub.aspx?id=1516

Let's wait and see!

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, Screenplay by Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana, Based on the Short Story by Annie Proulx, Focus Features

CAPOTE, Screenplay by Dan Futterman, Based on the Book by Gerald Clarke, UA/Sony Pictures Classics

THE CONSTANT GARDENER, Screenplay by Jeffrey Caine, Based on the Novel by John le Carré, Focus Features

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, Screenplay by Josh Olson, Based on the Graphic Novel by John Wagner and Vince Locke, New Line Cinema

SYRIANA, Written by Stephen Gaghan, Based on the Book "See No Evil" by Robert Baer, Warner Bros. Pictures
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
Re: Writer's Guild Awards
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:14 AM »
http://www.wga.org/subpage_newsevents.aspx?id=1607

News Release: February 4, 2006

Winners Announced for 2006 Writers Guild Awards

LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK -- The Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) and The Writers Guild of America, west (WGAW) announced the winners of the 2006 Writers Guild Awards for outstanding achievement in writing for the screen, television, and radio in gala ceremonies at The Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles and the Waldorf=Astoria in New York on Saturday, February 4, 2006.

SCREEN WINNERS

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

CRASH, Screenplay by Paul Haggis & Bobby Moresco, Story by Paul Haggis, Lionsgate

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, Screenplay by Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana, Based on the Short Story by Annie Proulx, Focus Features

TELEVISION WINNERS

DRAMATIC SERIES

LOST, Written by JJ Abrams, Kim Clements, Carlton Cuse, Leonard Dick, Paul Dini, Brent Fletcher, David Fury, Drew Goddard, Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Adam Horowitz, Jennifer M. Johnson, Christina M. Kim, Edward Kitsis, Jeffrey Lieber, Damon L. Lindelof, Lynne Litt, Monica Macer, Steven Maeda, Elizabeth Sarnoff, Janet Tamaro, Christian Taylor, Craig Wright; ABC

COMEDY SERIES

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, Larry David; HBO

NEW SERIES

GREY’S ANATOMY, Written by Zoanne A. Clack, Ann Hamilton, Kip Koenig, Stacy McKee, James Parriott, Tony Phelan, Joan Rater, Shonda Rhimes, Mimi Schmir, Gabrielle Stanton, Krista Vernoff, Harry Werksman Jr., Mark Wilding; ABC

EPISODIC DRAMA

AUTOPSY (House), Written by Lawrence Kaplow; Fox

EPISODIC COMEDY

YOU CAN’T MISS THE BEAR, Pilot (Weeds), Written by Jenji Kohan; Showtime

LONG FORM – ORIGINAL

WARM SPRINGS, Written by Margaret Nagle; HBO

LONG FORM – ADAPTED

THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS, Teleplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely, Based on the book by Roger Lewis; HBO

ANIMATION

MOMMIE BEEREST (The Simpsons), Written by Michael Price; Fox

COMEDY/VARIETY – MUSIC, AWARDS, TRIBUTES – SPECIALS

THE KENNEDY CENTER HONORS, Written by George Stevens, Jr. and Sara Lukinson; CBS

COMEDY/VARIETY – (including talk) SERIES

LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O’BRIEN, Written by Mike Sweeney, Chris Albers, Jose Arroyo, Andy Blitz, Kevin Dorff, Dan Goor, Michael Gordon, Tim Harrod, Berkley Johnson, Brian Kiley, Michael Koman, Brian McCann, Guy Nicolucci, Conan O’Brien, Allison Silverman, Robert Smigel, Brian Stack, Andrew Weinberg; NBC

DAYTIME SERIALS

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS, Head Writer Kay Alden, Head Writer John F. Smith, Written by Janice Ferri, Jim Houghton, Natalie Minardi Slater, Sally Sussman Morina, Sara Bibel, Eric Freiwald, Linda Schreiber, Joshua S. McCaffrey, Marc Hertz, Sandra Weintraub; CBS

CHILDREN'S SCRIPT – EPISODIC AND SPECIALS

NEW CHARLIE (Miracle’s Boys), Written by Kevin Arkadie, Based on the novel by Jacqueline Woodson; Noggin

CHILDREN'S SCRIPT – LONG FORM OR SPECIAL

EDGE OF AMERICA, Written by Willy Holtzman; Showtime

DOCUMENTARY SCRIPT — CURRENT EVENTS

SOMEONE’S WATCHING, Written by Edward Gray; Discovery Times Channel

THE TORTURE QUESTION, Written by Michael Kirk; PBS

DOCUMENTARY SCRIPT — OTHER THAN CURRENT EVENTS

UNFORGIVABLE BLACKNESS: THE RISE AND FALL OF JACK JOHNSON: PART 1, Written by Geoffrey C. Ward; PBS

(TV) NEWS SCRIPT — REGULARLY SCHEDULED, BULLETIN OR BREAKING REPORT

PETER JENNINGS REMEMBERED (ABC World News), Written by Steve Alperin, Charles Gibson; ABC

(TV) NEWS SCRIPT — ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY

THE MATTHEW SHEPARD STORY: SECRETS OF A MURDER (20/20), Written by Richard Gerdau, Stephen Jimenez, Glenn Silber; ABC

(TV) GRAPHIC ANIMATION

INAUGURATION 2005, Written by Steve Bottorff, Eric Diga, Lisa Fisher, Alice Kreit, Casey Sattler; ABC

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Yeah another one for BBM!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2006, 01:51 PM »
And may I quote their own screenplay?
[size=18]JACK: Ooooeee![/size]

Congrats to Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana for a great screenplay, and my THANKS to them for so faithfully and lovingly working with Annie Proulx's unparalled, luminescent short story.  Thanks also to Annie for bringing Ennis and Jack to us.

And did you notice?  Two Wyoming gay tragedies got noms:
(TV) NEWS SCRIPT — ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY
THE MATTHEW SHEPARD STORY: SECRETS OF A MURDER (20/20), Written by Richard Gerdau, Stephen Jimenez, Glenn Silber; ABC

-backtobrokeback
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2006, 01:53 PM by backtobrokeback »
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Congratulations to BBM and all the fans. Wonderful news  :D
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Congrats to Mr McMurtry and Ms Ossana on their WGA win!!!!   

This almost guarantees them an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay.   

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2006, 07:27 PM »
What an excellent news. Thanks and congrats.
Just think about how many years passed since Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana wrote the screenplay - this award should really mean a lot to them, as well as Annie Proulx and everybody who contributed to the movie.
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2006, 07:30 PM »
(TV) NEWS SCRIPT - ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY

Really interesting "cohincidence"
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

Offline jacktwist

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2006, 02:28 PM »
(TV) NEWS SCRIPT - ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY

Really interesting "cohincidence"

Hey Jakeofrome,

Well spotted! I didn't notice that. I think you're right to put coincidence in inverted commas...
King of the Road

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2006, 05:52 PM »
Actually *I* spotted it, but ... ;-)  I'm generous.  Thanks to Frog123 for the complete list, or I wouldn't have even seen it.

-btb
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2006, 11:14 AM by backtobrokeback »
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline jacktwist

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Actually *I* spotted it, but ... ;-)  I'm generous.  Thanks to Frog123 for the complete list, or I wouldn't have even seen it.

-btb

Oops! So you did. Apologies.

Read all posts in the thread next time, Mr. Twist...
King of the Road

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Thanks to Frog123 for the complete list, or I wouldn't have even seen it.

-btb

Not really the complete list...I kinda left out the Radio awards!  ;D