Author Topic: This is fabulous--a woman writes re: her dragging her other to see it!  (Read 5035 times)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Very good one , thankx

;) Froggy

Alas. Since Mack is nothing if not an enthusiast, he is now telling everybody he knows that they've got to go see "Brokeback Mountain" right now. But since everybody he knows, except me, is like him, they just laugh like hyenas and tell him he's nuts.

"Isn't it irritating," I say now to Mack, "when people won't do what you know to be right?"

"Yep," he says, "I know just whatcha mean."

He doesn't at all, and as soon as I learn how to quit him, I'll tell him.

;D
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Thanks Karind1, so funny and moving too.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline rane99

• Lureen
hahah great article.  It's nice to hear of someone going in the theatre not expecting to like the movie then coming out zealotsf for the story.  Thanks for sharing!
So's long as the bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring

Offline rane99

• Lureen
hahah great article.  It's nice to hear of someone going in the theatre not expecting to like the movie then coming out zealots  for the story.  Thanks for sharing!
So's long as the bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
Great article!! 
Just think, when the DVD is released there will be a whole new crop of "bucking broncos" in tears!
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
aww that was a nice article, it brightened my day

one less homophobe on the earth.. haha!!

Thats an accomplishment, if this movie can do that than thats an achievement in itself, to show people homosexuality is not EVIL and HORRIBLE.
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline jacktwist

• Alma Jr.
To two showings I've been to seem to have had quite a few male/female couples. I wonder how many of them were dragged along by their partners and ended up loving Brokeback? Who knows, maybe the boys dragged along the girls...  ;)
King of the Road

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
I just hope they come out of the movie with an appreciation of the fact that we fall in love with a person, not sex. Straight guys have homophobia big time. My god if all we ever did was think of sex the kids I teach would be illiterate.
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
I just hope they come out of the movie with an appreciation of the fact that we fall in love with a person, not sex. Straight guys have homophobia big time. My god if all we ever did was think of sex the kids I teach would be illiterate.

It's been my observation that a lot of that homophobic fear is really silly.  It's as though some of them fear that if society accepts or tolerates homosexuality then it will be open season on straight men by gay hunters.  It's a symptom of the "yeah, you want me don't you" syndrome...an assumption they would be desired by every gay man in their vicinity.  I have to laugh when I whenever I detect that attitude.  It's so tempting to just blurt out "GET REAL!!  GAY MEN HAVE TASTE!"

Whew!! I'm glad I got that off my chest.  ;D ;D ;D
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'

It's been my observation that a lot of that homophobic fear is really silly.  It's as though some of them fear that if society accepts or tolerates homosexuality then it will be open season on straight men by gay hunters.  It's a symptom of the "yeah, you want me don't you" syndrome...an assumption they would be desired by every gay man in their vicinity.  I have to laugh when I whenever I detect that attitude.  It's so tempting to just blurt out "GET REAL!!  GAY MEN HAVE TASTE!"

Interesting postings friends

"GET REAL!!  GAY MEN HAVE TASTE!"

Thanks jarwill-nc, just love that one!  ;D

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!

Jarwill -  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen

LOL! It's strange how many str8 men suffer from the same delusion. Wishful thinking, maybe?

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'

LOL! It's strange how many str8 men suffer from the same delusion. Wishful thinking, maybe?

You bet!
 Jean-Louis Barrault