Author Topic: Wyoming Map  (Read 9393 times)

Offline Laundrymat

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • Gender: Male
Wyoming Map
« on: Feb 07, 2006, 07:36 AM »


A. Ennis’s hometown.
B. Where Ennis and Alma apartment located (Post office)
C. Jack’s hometown (Lightning Flat)
D. Matthew Sheppard’s case.

Not sure has anyone posted this before. Just found it on another web.

Ah, btw I am a newbie here!  :)
Jack: Hoorayyy!!
Ennis: I am gettin' tired of you dumbass missin'

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Thanks, Laundrymat.  I think there was a previous discussion about locales, but I can't recall in which thread it was.  This would be a good reference, nonetheless.

If I find the other thread where the discussion on locales is located, I will merge these together.  In the meantime,  this would be helpful.

Offline Laundrymat

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • Gender: Male
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Thanks, Laundrymat.  I think there was a previous discussion about locales, but I can't recall in which thread it was.  This would be a good reference, nonetheless.

If I find the other thread where the discussion on locales is located, I will merge these together.  In the meantime,  this would be helpful.

You're welcome! I am happy to be here!!

Jack: Hoorayyy!!
Ennis: I am gettin' tired of you dumbass missin'

Offline manila_rocks

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Thank you for posting this large map.  The distances must be very great.  I want to come and travel to each of the four spots you outlined.

I wonder how many days of driving in a rental car it will take to see all the spots?

Offline TJ

  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 209
  • Gender: Male
  • TJ's real name is Joe Allen Doty
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Oh, to the NW of Riverton is Dubois (pronounced "dew-boys"). That is the place that Jack and Ennis ate a meal together before, according to the published original story, they drove off in opposite directions. It was after leaving Dubois that Ennis thought he had to puke since it felt like someone was pulling his guts out.

Real compassion for a person comes from the lower gut. It is a very deep-seated emotion.

Also, in Annie Proulx's story, Brokeback Mountain and Signal were near Dubois.  There is a "Signal Mountain" on up the road past Dubois above Moran, Wyoming. "Signal" could have just been a "wide place in the road" near Dubois. And, it's name could have come from the fact that "signal" referred to a railroad signal at a rail crossing. At least, there is a railroad in the movie where Jack and Ennis first meet.
(Ennis) is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream . . . lets a panel of the dream slide forward . . . it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.

Offline tpe

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 96691
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Oh, to the NW of Riverton is Dubois (pronounced "dew-boys"). That is the place that Jack and Ennis ate a meal together before, according to the published original story, they drove off in opposite directions. It was after leaving Dubois that Ennis thought he had to puke since it felt like someone was pulling his guts out.

Real compassion for a person comes from the lower gut. It is a very deep-seated emotion.

Also, in Annie Proulx's story, Brokeback Mountain and Signal were near Dubois.  There is a "Signal Mountain" on up the road past Dubois above Moran, Wyoming. "Signal" could have just been a "wide place in the road" near Dubois. And, it's name could have come from the fact that "signal" referred to a railroad signal at a rail crossing. At least, there is a railroad in the movie where Jack and Ennis first meet.

Wonderful info, TJ.  Thanks!

Offline Cowboy Cody

  • Jack + Ennis
  • *
  • Posts: 7886
  • Gender: Male
  • Here I IS!
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2006, 05:03 PM »
TJ - Thanks! Great Info. Lighting Flat was up on the border of Wyoming and Montana, located by the Big Horn range. I wish I could start a commune for all of us where we could all work for home on a Brokeback all our own!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline Laundrymat

  • Alma Jr.
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • Gender: Male
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Thank you for posting this large map.  The distances must be very great.  I want to come and travel to each of the four spots you outlined. I wonder how many days of driving in a rental car it will take to see all the spots?

Good idea! It must be a very interesting journey. Maybe I should start planning this when my next flight comes to US.

Oh, to the NW of Riverton is Dubois (pronounced "dew-boys"). That is the place that Jack and Ennis ate a meal together before, according to the published original story, they drove off in opposite directions. It was after leaving Dubois that Ennis thought he had to puke since it felt like someone was pulling his guts out....

Thank you, now I know where is Brokeback located.
Jack: Hoorayyy!!
Ennis: I am gettin' tired of you dumbass missin'

Offline jason

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 192
  • Gender: Male
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Thanks, Laundrymat.  I think there was a previous discussion about locales, but I can't recall in which thread it was.  This would be a good reference, nonetheless.

If I find the other thread where the discussion on locales is located, I will merge these together.  In the meantime,  this would be helpful.

tpe, there are so many threads, many of which overlap, or deal with similar things/issues, I wonder if it's time to think of grouping them in smaller clusters in an easier-to-find arrangement??

thanks,  jason
Let be, let be

Offline cybernaut

  • Alma
  • ****
  • Posts: 205
  • Gender: Male
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Opps... I hear George Strait singing again in my head...

I Can Still Make Cheyenne

The song is about a cowboy facing a breakup from his girlfriend over the phone because he is constantly away rodeoing.
 :'(
I'm saying a prayer of thanks... that you didn't bring your harmonica!

Offline Jack del Sur

  • Lureen
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
  • Gender: Male
  • Cause I know a love that will never grow old
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Thanks, Laundrymat.  I think there was a previous discussion about locales, but I can't recall in which thread it was.  This would be a good reference, nonetheless.

If I find the other thread where the discussion on locales is located, I will merge these together.  In the meantime,  this would be helpful.
thanks for the info. Very interesting. Just a question

Signal could be "D"?
Where are the Brokeback mountain?
Jack del Sur means southern Jack. Ennis and Jack are everywhere, for ever and ever

Offline chameau

  • Moderator
  • Jack + Ennis
  • ***
  • Posts: 28148
  • Gender: Male
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Wyoming Map
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Thanks, Laundrymat.  I think there was a previous discussion about locales, but I can't recall in which thread it was.  This would be a good reference, nonetheless.

If I find the other thread where the discussion on locales is located, I will merge these together.  In the meantime,  this would be helpful.
thanks for the info. Very interesting. Just a question

Signal could be "D"?
Where are the Brokeback mountain?

Fictive Mountain,

The film was shot in Alberta (Canada)

Sorry to rain on your parade  :-X
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault