Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724196 times)

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:35 PM »
I can't even begin to deal with this right now. RIP Heath, you were loved by many and we will all miss you dearly.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:35 PM »

Finished or unfinished, he will live in every one of them, for as long as people love cinema.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23095502-2902,00.html

--------------------------------------------------

Death of Heath Ledger throws films into disarray
Article from: The Associated Press
January 23, 2008 12:00am

HEATH Ledger's shocking demise is not only a terrible loss for his daughter Matilda, his Perth-based family and his many fans, it also throws into disarray two movies.

Ledger was in production with the next instalment in the Batman series, The Dark Knight, in which he was starring opposite Christian Bale as a macabre joker.

Early photos from the set suggest Ledger was taking the series into a new darker chapter.

Also on Ledger's slate was the new Terry Gilliam film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, about a travelling theatre company. It was due to start filming in London shortly.

Ledger was one of Australia's true international acting stars. His American breakthrough role came with the teen hit 10 Things I Hate About You, but real global respect came with his Oscar nominated turn in the moving gay cowboy drama Brokeback Mountain.

He met his now ex-partner Michelle Williams on the set of the film. The pair had a baby, Matilda, but broke of their engagement and split recently.

Gossip has since linked him with troubled young actor and party girl Lindsay Lohan.

Ledger had a troubled relationship with the media in his home town of Sydney. Paparazzi photographers squirted Ledger and Williams with water pistols at the premiere of Brokeback Mountain.

He later angrily denied reports he had spat on the photographers.

"It was just silly and unnecessary. It really hurt our feelings and it hurt my feelings to suddenly have a quick title above my name now, that we're a gang of spitters,'' he told the Herald Sun later.

But he said he regretted flicking the finger at photographers.

"Pulling finger signs at photographers, it's not representing who I am, it's representing the panic that occurs when you turn around and there's a camera staring in at you. You see red, or I do.

"I'm a young guy and I've grown up with this in the younger years when you're more passionate and protective and you're more explosive during that time of your life and it felt like a natural reaction for me.

"I didn't feel that I was rebelling against anything. Obviously it's not the most polite way of dealing with things, but I didn't feel they were being polite. I forget that when I do that I'm not pulling a finger sign at a guy holding a camera, I'm pulling a finger sign in a newspaper that everyone reads.''

Ledger later sold his Sydney dream house, claiming the paparazzi had driven him out, and moved to Brooklyn in New York where he lived with Williams and Matilda before the split.

Ledger can be seen in cinemas now in the Bob Dylan biopic I'm Not There.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I can't stop crying.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I got a call at work around 4:45 pm. I let out such a loud 'WHAT?!" that I'm surprised that my boss didn't come running. I started to shake and cry. I just can't believe this.  :\'( :\'( My mind is still in 'NO, NO, NO, NO" mode.  :\'( :\'( I didn't find a lot of details online. I can't process this. My brain just can't comprehend this. I already talked to a few Brokies on the phone. This is a time when I wish we were closer in proximity. I have too many thoughts running in my mind none of which make much sense right now. Geez it's on the scroll bar of the news right now. I can't believe this is true. I feel so sick right now. :\'(

Michelle, you so wanted to see him at the premiere of TDK in NYC.  I hope that somehow, the public would be allowed to express their condolences.  Perhaps a memorial service in NYC?

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:40 PM »

G'bye Heath. We barely knew ye . . . .
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:43 PM »
I'll have to see if there will be a memorial service or something. I was talking with Barb before..crap the story is on cnn right now. Jordan just came in and hugged me. She just asked me if he's the guy on the poster from my movie  :\'( :\'( :\'( I can't believe this. I just can't. i talked to Barb before and she is as incoherent as I am.

“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal 2 actors 1 legend
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I am in tears.

I'm too...so saddened, so saddened :\'(

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:46 PM »
I got a call at work around 4:45 pm. I let out such a loud 'WHAT?!" that I'm surprised that my boss didn't come running. I started to shake and cry. I just can't believe this.  :\'( :\'( My mind is still in 'NO, NO, NO, NO" mode.  :\'( :\'( I didn't find a lot of details online. I can't process this. My brain just can't comprehend this. I already talked to a few Brokies on the phone. This is a time when I wish we were closer in proximity. I have too many thoughts running in my mind none of which make much sense right now. Geez it's on the scroll bar of the news right now. I can't believe this is true. I feel so sick right now. :\'(

I know, it's like he's been taken from us. 
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:47 PM »
I'm just so devastated. I cant believe this is true, I really cant. Heath cant be dead, he was so young and so beautiful and what about Matilda, he loved that little girl.  God, I just cant deal with this....
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Michelle, Barb, guys I think all of us are inconsolable just now. My mum and sister just called me as it's on the news. They know I love this movie and these guys, so if we are feeling like this then his family must be so bad. I hope we can all send them out some love and prayers for a wonderful, son, father and incredible actor.

His performance in BBM showed us a star and this horrendous event has produced another legend. God...I feel I'm saying all the wrong things and just rambling. It's a nightmare.

I love all of you and I'm thinking of you all my friends.

:\'( :\'( :ghug:
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:50 PM »
If there is any consolation for us here, it is that we know he is now an Immortal in the world of Art and Cinema.  

He shall be remembered, long after so many other Oscar nominees and winners have been hopelessly, so hopelessly, forgotten.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #41 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:51 PM »
 :ghug: to everyone. I know they really don't suffice right now.

Offline aconite20

• Cassie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:51 PM »
i'm not sure i'll ever be able to watch BBM again, my stomach is in a knot, its brought back all the feelings of hurt.

if i watch the film again i'll cry from start to finish, i don't think i can do that. Its like my best friend has died. is that stupid? I didn't know him, but that film moved me so much.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Michelle, Barb, guys I think all of us are inconsolable just now. My mum and sister just called me as it's on the news. They know I love this movie and these guys, so if we are feeling like this then his family must be so bad. I hope we can all send them out some love and prayers for a wonderful, son, father and incredible actor.

His performance in BBM showed us a star and this horrendous event has produced another legend. God...I feel I'm saying all the wrong things and just rambling. It's a nightmare.

I love all of you and I'm thinking of you all my friends.

:\'( :\'( :ghug:

Tom you said it all beautifully.  :ghug:

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #44 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I´ve just known the horrible news,almost by chance before going to sleep;please,tell me that´s not true, that here in Spain the pieces of news arrive late and bad...It can´t be true,God¡.It´s as if the tragedy of Ennis and Jack repite itself in real life;but now this is not an story whose end we can change with a fic...It´s true and I can´t believe it¡.
I won´t be able to see BBM again;it´d be too awful to me...

What can we do now?

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #45 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:01 PM »
     I know this will be taken the wrong way, but am too shaken to not say it.  We had warning.  Go to page 432 of the photos section, showing
Heath in London.  Please, PLEASE, look closer at those where he looked sad.  We still do not know the cause of death, but in those pictures
were an inexpressible sadness, and deeper than just a bad mood.  I did post that I was worried, and now am suffering even more because
somebody should have seen that, around him, and done anything and everything possible.  If it turns out to be true that he was depressed,
it only goes to say he was too good for this world.  For all the glamor, and the success, he really was sensitive, shy, easily hurt.
  I did worry, from those pictures and the disarray of his web site, and other warning signs, but never expected this. This is a terrible tragedy.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 05:38 PM by Tony »

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #46 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I can't stop crying for him

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #47 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:03 PM »
What are we to do?

We celebrate his life, as much as we continue to honor him in death.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #48 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:03 PM »
i'm not sure i'll ever be able to watch BBM again, my stomach is in a knot, its brought back all the feelings of hurt.

if i watch the film again i'll cry from start to finish, i don't think i can do that. Its like my best friend has died. is that stupid? I didn't know him, but that film moved me so much.

No, it is not stupid.  I was hysterical when I heard the news - screaming, crying - my husband thought I'd lost my mind.  I just can't fully comprehend this.  It's like a bad dream!   :\'( :\'( :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline MaxHim

• Ennis
  • I'm nothin'.... I'm nowhere.....
« Reply #49 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:04 PM »
 :\'(

I can believe it ...I am so so so shocked  (t)

I am just speechless....

:ghug:

"Old Brokeback got us good, didn' it ?"

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #50 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:05 PM »

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:06 PM »
I feel like I've lost a family member... :\'( :\'(
Just talked to Keren(she is devastated) and told her that he will be remembered like all this immortal actors that died young,
and I thought of James Dean... 

RIP  HEATH!
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Dear BBM family, how I wish I could be with you to comfort you and give you hugs.

Words can not express my sadness. If there will be any comfort, it is to know that Jack and Ennis are forever together in heaven.

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Just talked to Keren(she is devastated) and told her that he will be remembered like all this immortal actors that died young,

Exactly.  As the Poet has said:

But now you may stare as you like and there's nothing to scan;
And brushing your elbow unguessed-at and not to be told
They carry back bright to the coiner the mintage of man,
The lads that will die in their glory and never be old.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #54 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:08 PM »
I am completely devastated!

RIP Heath (poor Matilda)

Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #55 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:08 PM »
This has really shaken me so much. I am on edge and feel like I am going to crack up.

I have to give thanks publically to this man though. He, Jake, Ang and the rest have made the last couple of years much more bearable for me and millions of like minded souls. that is a wonderful legacy for which I for one will love the man forever.

I'm trying to see reason in this, but can't.  :ghug:
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #56 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:08 PM »
I just don't know what to do right now. I'm weaving back and forth from, he needs to be remembered to wanting to not acknowledge any of this, and by any of this I mean BBM too. The last time something like this happened I completely ignore anything that had to do with it for six months and I cannot do that this time, but I feel myself going there and I need to be as strong as possible to not let it happen. I can't act like none of this happened just to make things easier on me, but it's how I react to things. I hope that the wonderful friends I have made here will help me cope in a positive way, as I will help them. We're a family here and I think the difference here is that all of you know how I am feeling and we will be there for each other. I treasure you all so much.

Hope that makes even a little bit of sense.

Offline MaxHim

• Ennis
  • I'm nothin'.... I'm nowhere.....
« Reply #57 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:09 PM »

RIP  HEATH!

I quote  !!!

But why have our Hereos to pass off so quickly...it is too unfair  :-\\
"Old Brokeback got us good, didn' it ?"

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #58 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Dear BBM family, how I wish I could be with you to comfort you and give you hugs.

Words can not express my sadness. If there will be any comfort, it is to know that Jack and Ennis are forever together in heaven.

Thank you, Ethan.  

Heath, go with God.  

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #59 on: Jan 22, 2008, 06:13 PM »

No it's not, I told my mom the same thing and she said to be "Lis, it's not stupid. You loved his films and knew much about him, it was almost like you really did know him"

I don't know what to do....I wanted to meet him one day, tell him what an amazing actor he is...i know i've said this already but I can't believe it...
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008, 08:55 PM by lil_dwarf_611 »
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010