Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1728887 times)

Offline Twisted Darko

• I am Jack's raging lust for Ennis.
  • Jack
  • You complete me...
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #240 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:21 AM »
I'm shocked and deeply saddened, this is such a tragedy.

I haven't really been a Heath fan for a long time, it was only a few years ago that I discovered just how amazingly handsome and versatile he was as an actor. I remember watching him for the first time in "The Patriot" back in middle school, American history class. All of us girls were swooning over the extremely hot blonde son of Mel Gibson's character.

I will miss him. This hurts soo much because I never thought that someone I had admired and crushed on for so long could be gone so suddenly.

Heath, where ever you are, thank you so much for the brilliant work you gave the world. Thank you especially for your portrayal of Ennis Del Mar, a man after my own heart.
~Jazzie aka Twisted Darko
The Joker in drag is my anti-drug

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #241 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:25 AM »
 :ghug: Frankie
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Krispera

• Alma
  • krisp luvs you
« Reply #242 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:38 AM »
When my sister told me earlier, I was in shock. It's scary... I loved him so much! And when she told me, I first think about this forum I used to come alot. Still going nice :)

They said it is drugs... I wonder what is the real thing. What a weird feeling, Heath Ledger was like an gay cowboy icon for me...

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #243 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:38 AM »
 :ghug: Jazzie
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Twisted Darko

• I am Jack's raging lust for Ennis.
  • Jack
  • You complete me...
« Reply #244 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:41 AM »
:ghug: Jazzie

:ghug: To you as well FlwrChild
The Joker in drag is my anti-drug

Offline Adah

• Cassie
« Reply #245 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:46 AM »
I recently joined this board but I have been a fan of Heath since I since Brokeback Mountain over a year ago. He was a great talent and well truly be missed. He will forever be immortalized in his work. My heart goes out to his family.
-Adah

Offline Annika

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #246 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:47 AM »
I’m still in shock. One hour ago I wake up and turned on my radio and then I heard it. I can’t belive it. I want to explain my feelings but I can’t in English right now. Every time I search for the english words I start crying. Now I’m sitting at work  and don’t know how to get over this day.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.   (Dr. Seuss)

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #247 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:49 AM »
So those who claim suicide should read what the Australian news reported today

Ledger 'taking US version of Stilnox'

SMH January 23, 2008 - 2:00PM
Edmund Tadros and Kate Benson

The sleeping tablets that actor Heath Ledger was reportedly taking in the months leading up to his death might have combined with his reported pneumonia to fatal effect.

Ledger was reported to be taking a sleeping tablet called Ambien, which is marketed as Stilnox in Australia and has been at the centre of controversy because it can make people act bizarrely in their sleep.

Two months ago Australia's medicines regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration, updated its warnings on the drug after alarming reports that consumers were walking, eating, driving and having sexual intercourse in their sleep.

The updated warning now also mentions less common side-effects such as "rage reactions, worsened insomnia, confusion, agitation, hallucinations and other forms of unwanted behaviour".

A national drug reactions hotline fielded 500 calls from Stilnox users who reported odd behaviours from crashing cars to falling from balconies after popping a pill.

One patient gained 23 kilograms over seven months after unknowingly eating from the refrigerator while asleep. Another patient woke up with a paintbrush in her hand after painting the front door.

The manufacturer Sanofi-Aventis has said it was difficult to establish whether these behaviours were triggered by the drug, or were "spontaneous" or caused by an underlying condition.

Although he couldn't comment specifically on the case, general practitioner John Gullotta spoke in general about the effect this class of drugs can have on the body.

"In general, pneumonia can be a fatal condition if it progresses and it hasn't got better," Dr Gullotta, who is also the chairman of the therapeutic committee of the Australian Medical Association, said.

"Sometimes sleeping tablets can add to that and can cause respiratory problems. The class of sleeping tablet can dampen down breathing. It all depends how many [the person] takes and the dosage."

In an interview with The New York Times in November, Ledger admitted his role as the Joker in the upcoming film, The Dark Knight, had made him feel so stressed he was unable to sleep.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," he said. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going," Ledger said.

He told the interviewer he had taken one Ambien tablet, but it had failed to work so he took another, fell into a deep stupor, then woke an hour later feeling agitated.
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #248 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:50 AM »
How do you light the candle, I have the web page but can't find what to do.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #249 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:52 AM »
How do you light the candle, I have the web page but can't find what to do.

Click on an unlit candle it will guide you as to what to do  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #251 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:54 AM »
I'm in shock i can't believe he is gone.  I've been watching CNN most the night, they've had some nice tributes. Everytime i think i'm all cried out i see something and the waterworks start again.   :\'( :\'(  
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #252 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:57 AM »
Me too Maggie.  :\'(

:ghug: to everyone here.

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #253 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:03 AM »
 :ghug: everyone  :\'(
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #254 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:04 AM »
 :ghug: :ghug: to you all  :ghug: :ghug:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #255 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:04 AM »
    It's like a vigil, here, tonight.  I wish I could be in New York, like Ethan, to put flowers outside that building.  Two friends finally came through
for me here in Norfolk, and called, and let me bleed.  But I actually got disoriented and at 11 p.m., thought it was 9 p.m., and that's a little scary.
Can't stay with the vigil here, but probably won't be able to sleep well either, if at all.  Will stay up a little longer, and then try for sleep.
   All of this seems like out of some bad dream, that just couldn't be possible.  And Heath's step-father did make a second statement that Heath
was the kindest man on the face of the earth.  That just about did me in.
  Went to his MySpace site, which is already shutting down, for one last look at those childhood pictures, which told so much about his character.
He was a sweet little boy, showing the gentle kindness that later was often mentioned.
  Supposedly, we will do better after sleep.  But for me, the passage of a day will just make it all the more final.  It helps a little that the outside
world has taken note of his passing, but none of them can ever really understand our grief, for we were inside the family.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 05:59 PM by Tony »

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #256 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:05 AM »
The best I read so far from Newspapers

this is from the San Francisco Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/22/DDG6UJRN4.DTL

Mick LaSalle, Chronicle Movie Critic

(01-22) 15:26 PST -- On a seemingly routine Tuesday afternoon, word came that Heath Ledger was found dead. The 28-year-old actor best known for his Oscar-nominated role as a gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain" was found dead in a downtown New York apartment. Apparently, a masseuse showed up for an appointment, was led in by a housekeeper, and Ledger was found unconscious. The police found pills near his body.

In a little while, perhaps before you read this, the rest of the details will become known. Was it an accident? Was it suicide? Was there an unknown history of drug abuse? The answers to these questions will become part of the legend, and Heath Ledger will be enlisted into that ghoulish gallery of movie stars who, for one reason or another, died a good half-century ahead of schedule.

But before that happens - before the false hand-wringing begins on the nightly entertainment shows - before the interviews with ex-girlfriends reveal unknown truths that are probably false - and before the grave diggers show up with their microphones and cameras and their heads that can't furrow in fake grief because of all the botox injections - it might be worthwhile to take a moment to remember why exactly this particular 28-year-old rates an obituary in every major newspaper on the planet today.

Like few who ever lived, much less lived to be 28, Heath Ledger left behind moments and images that were guaranteed even Tuesday - even a week ago, when he was presumably healthy and had the world before him - to outlive his mortal life. When I got the news, I immediately flashed on one of them.

In "Brokeback Mountain," having said goodbye to Jake Gyllenhaal after their summer together - which is the only thing they'll ever have in their lives, and they seem to know it - he walks stoically away, then enters the frame as he passes an alley. In the background is the sky. Limitless. He stops, enters the alley and becomes a silhouette. He puts his head against the wall and sobs, struggling to hide his face with his hat. He curses. He punches the wall. He yells angrily at someone who passes by and stops to look. And two seconds later we see him in close-up, looking boyish and yet somehow like the world has just closed up, standing at the altar getting married.

"Brokeback Mountain" also was where he met actress Michelle Williams, with whom he had a daughter, Matilda, and lived with until the two split up last year.

This year, Ledger was seen in "I'm Not There," where he played one of the Bob Dylans and had just finished filming a sequel for "Batman Begins" in which he plays the Joker.

Unlike most of his contemporaries, Ledger had an old-fashioned manliness - the kind that seems to have fled America and gone south in recent years, as far south as Australia. (He was born there, in Perth, in 1979.) But unlike most of the old-fashioned manly stars of America's macho period, Ledger was at his best playing men in turmoil, men in trouble, men suffering from deep wounds to the spirit. At 28, he had 25 prime casting years ahead of him. Just to be selfish for a minute, think of how that talent may have grown.

The Hollywood of today doesn't nurture acting talent. That is, it doesn't look for roles that explore the actors' soul. But even accepting that, just by chance and the law of averages, just with a little dumb luck, Ledger should have had two or three or five or six more films in his life that challenged him the way "Brokeback Mountain" challenged him. I think that would have been Ledger's career, from here on out: A combination of OK movies in which he played men who were as magnificent as he looked. And better movies, in which he played men whose imposing physical presence and locked-down stoicism were a façade for an emotional life of desperation and helplessness.

Instead of looking forward, we're forced to look back - to the fragile young man he played in "Monster's Ball," who shoots himself in a fit of anguish. Or to "Casanova" and those scenes when the great seducer discovers his capacity to love one woman. Or to movies like "Ned Kelly," those ones with nothing much to recommend them besides what I once called Ledger's "big-slab-of-a-guy magnetism."

There's no way to make sense of this. No way to end an appreciation like this on an uplift when the news is so sad. If there's something positive to be said, it's that the best work Ledger left behind will last forever, and the rest is already forgotten.

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #257 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:06 AM »
It is so sad to wake up and find this still true :(

I am gald though that you are all gathering here, it is not good to be alone now
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #258 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Hi Tony,  i can't sleep yet, to many things running through my head.  My heart hurts for our loss.  I'm so so sad.   :\'( :\'( :\'(

It's like a vigil, here, tonight.  I wish I could be in New York, like Ethan, to put flowers outside that building.  Two friends finally came through
for me here in Norfolk, and called, and let me bleed.  But I actually got disoriented and at 11 p.m., thought it was 9 p.m., and that's a little scary.
Can't stay with the vigil here, but probably won't be able to sleep well either, if at all.  Will stay up a little longer, and then try for sleep.
   All of this seems like out of some bad dream, that just couldn't be possible.  And Heath's step-father did make a second statement that Heath
was the kindest man on the face of the earth.  That just about did me in.
  Went to his MySpace site, which is already shutting down, for one last look at those childhood pictures, which told so much about his character.
He was a sweet little boy, showing the gentle kindness that later was often mentioned.
  Supposedly, we will do better after sleep.  But for me, the passage of a day will just make it all the more final.  It helps a little that the outside
world has taken note of his passing, but none of them can ever really understand our grief, for we were inside the family.  My God, how we loved
him.  Everybody keep helping each other.  Time will pass, but we will never forget.  He was family.

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #259 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:11 AM »
Thanks for posting chameau  that is a good one. 

Offline HLJG

• Alma Jr.
  • Love is a force of nature.,.
« Reply #260 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:20 AM »
I wanted to thank everyone for gathering here and expressing their love for Heath, as well as your :\'( shock and sorrow.  It does help. 
"We love who we love"

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #261 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:22 AM »
Something I am proud about, not once have the news reports here in Australia referred to Heath in BBM as a gay cowboy.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #262 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:26 AM »
I wanted to thank everyone for gathering here and expressing their love for Heath, as well as your :\'( shock and sorrow.  It does help. 

Thank you, HLJG. Yes it does help. The world mourns.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #263 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:28 AM »
I am truly aghast for just yesterday I was stating to someone how life was precious, yet there lies a difference between  a sets of thoughts  I was pondering about during my conversation,
 one being about suicide and its implication and the difference in
the second matter in the desire to die due to an uncontrollable  knowledge of knowing were love reside
and the only doorway to this place comes trough death in itself.
I have not told anyone here but I have tried to take my own life a while back..
 but in my abyss  I realized or was brought to acknowledge a pact I had done and could not unbreak.
 that which is to accept what comes without doubts
so must I live for the sake of living until I can reach my abode duly called unconditional love.
I made an about face and found the reason for my urges
which where not to commit suicide but had the eternal wish to die,
 big difference,
for I have seen what no man claim to have seen and lived to feel it.
 thus I write poetry to release my anxiety,
the problem is when I put on paper some of my poems its like they become a premonition in themselves.

IE: I wrote a poem about the grief one feels when a friend is so far, the next day my friend found out he had cancer
next I wrote about how it would feel to loose my mother, she died a week later
 lastly but not least yesterday I posted a poem about what is felt like if LOVE was gone forever
 today Heath Ledger died.
Last summer I started to have visions that perturbed me because of what I saw and felt had tendency to come to life.
it may sound strange,
but I find this all somewhat not coincidental 
when I see the picture with the poem and the result soon thereafter,
It troubles me in asking myself Am I  a bad person to see and feel these things,
I have purposely  became a recluse for the danger of what I feel when I am around people.
or is this just a fluke,
it makes me so sad to keep having to deal with these unwanted precursors flaunting in my heart at any given moments, I know I am not psychotic ,
I had these Edgar Cayce moments since I was four,
 but put them on the back burner, now they haunt me
I juts wonder
lost in grief filled with wailing sorrows
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #264 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:29 AM »
It has been a wonderful haven, as it always is, to be able to come here and mourn together, exchanging our own version of hugs and tears. :ghug: I'm grateful to everyone who has stopped in.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #265 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:32 AM »
I'm in shock i can't believe he is gone.  I've been watching CNN most the night, they've had some nice tributes. Everytime i think i'm all cried out i see something and the waterworks start again.   :\'( :\'(  

I wish I could watch, but I haven't wanted to.  Normally, that is exactly what I do, gather around the world's hearth, the TV, to share something like this.  But I'm here at our hearth, instead.  Now I just want to go to bed...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #266 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:36 AM »
Somebody tell me to go to bed...i can't seem to do it on my own.  i'm to sad....all i can do is read about this tragic event.   :\'(

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #267 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:37 AM »
Somebody tell me to go to bed...i can't seem to do it on my own.  i'm to sad....all i can do is read about this tragic event.   :\'(

Same here  :ghug:
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Annika

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #268 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:39 AM »
Something I am proud about, not once have the news reports here in Australia referred to Heath in BBM as a gay cowboy.

Here in Germany it’s the other way. Everything I read or heard this morning they always pointed out “known as the actor of a gay cowboy in BBM”. Mostly no metion of other films. Like he never did another film. Even if I just discoverd Heath in BBM I find it distastful.

It really helps to come her and see that I'm not alone with my pain.

Thanks  :ghug:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.   (Dr. Seuss)

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #269 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:39 AM »
    Frenchcda, thanks for the latest news update from Australia, that Heath was taking Ambien for inability to sleep.  Maybe that is what I saw
in those photos from London that had me so worried---he was exhausted.  And who can survive on 2-3 hours of sleep?  Chameau is very right,
there will be stories that never end, and most of them false, but that the real truth is that he left behind immeasurable beauty.  Am going to lay down.
Whatever the news is tomorrow, I will always be bitter that no one around him saw that fatigue and stepped in.  I can't help this bitterness,
because I don't believe--some things are meant to be.  Not this one.  Not ever.  My only consolation is the rest of you, each of you, for having
loved him so.  Every one of you carries part of that light that he brought into the world, just by being himself. A good and decent man.