Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724205 times)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #390 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:58 AM »
I plan to go to the place where Heath passed away tomorrow and lay a bouquet of flower as my tribute for what he had given us.

You all will be in my thoughts.  :ghug:

Thank you Ethan.  I saw a picture this morning of a makeshift memorial in front of the building where Heath died.  It was so moving.

Ethan, could you get him white roses?  Or else, white orchids? 

babytammy7

« Reply #391 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Were they the favorites Heath's flowers Thomas?

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #392 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:08 AM »
Were they the favorites Heath's flowers Thomas?

I don't know, Tammy.  But only the best for Heath...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #393 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:08 AM »
Keren, my friend, something is wrong with me.....I feel like I've lost someone of my family....It's almost impossible to express with words the pain I feel inside of me.....It's so hard and overwhelming....

How am I supposed to watch BBM again or to read those marvellous fics where Ennis has still Heath's face? How am I supposed to visit the Baby pix thread again without feeling I'm dying?

There's nothing wrong with you Tammy, I feel like that too. my eyes are red and swollen from crying so much. I think I reached the point where I'm so emotionally and physically exhausted I can't even cry anymore, I'm just numb. It will be so hard to watch the movie again and to post his pictures, I know. I still don't know how to handle all that.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #394 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:09 AM »
      It was a rough night for sleep.  You wake up, and the news is still the same.  Doesn't go away.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 06:05 PM by Tony »

babytammy7

« Reply #395 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:15 AM »
     Well, only 3 hours sleep.  The human mind is a great inventor to comfort one's self against pain, so having said that, will tell what happened.
I slept in the deepest peace, which I did not think possible.  I awoke with the impression of a kiss on the forehead, and the outline of a bluebird,
first dark, then fully blue.  Was mentally confused until I could form the words-but they were different from the movie- they were- where a
bluebird sings, and they conveyed to me that Heath was at peace.  Again, am no fool, and know well how the mind can provide what is needed,
and I thought of that very quickly.  But it did happen, and that is how this day has started for me-either the metaphysical or the simple ways
our minds create some comfort when it is most needed.  Makes no difference-it was OK to wake up like that, wherever that came from.  Nor am
I embarrassed to pass it along.  I felt a great sense of peace, and can only hope that doesn't erode through the day.
   The workings of the mind.....but they can parallel some other truth--that Heath is at peace, and a gentle, warm, conscious peace. 

That's beautiful friend.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'( I only hope so.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #396 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Is there a group to link us all together? Where it asks to associate are candle?

I used the group initials "ej"

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #397 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:24 AM »
I don't know maybe you can seach and find out if we could create one?

I just watched Come what may clip by ravebous and still in chock and too much tears to chat
catch you later
so sorry

search for the GROUP "  HEATH " 18 candles and 6 country so far

Thanks, frenchcda.  I lit a candle under the HEATH group.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #398 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:26 AM »
Heath Ledger on screen
Audio slideshow: Garry Maddox

A flash player is required

http://www.smh.com.au/multimedia/2008/entertainment/heath-ledger-retrospective/start.html

Farewell Heath  :\'(

So moving.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #399 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:30 AM »
They just showed a 15 minute tribute to Heath on the tv and the final clips were the sum up of his career with quotes from him and playing the Wings :\'(

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline HildaPossible

• Cassie
« Reply #400 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:33 AM »

How come? I don't believe it, I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Why is he dead... why... if it is an accident I gotta wake him up and blame him from being careless... if it is a murder I gotta wake him up and let him see how I take revenge and kill the murderer... if he attempt suicide I gotta wake him up and slap him hard in the face and scold him...
But he is gone. Forever and ever. I can't wake him up. Nobody can. In the movie it is Jack who's dead, and now you are telling me that in the reality it is Heath who's dead? I don't want to say rest in peace, coz I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE HEATH IS DEAD! I DON'T!

Rest in peace, 'Ennis'...

babytammy7

« Reply #401 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Ennis del Mar was a fictional character ... we know that.
Heath Ledger was a real man ... we know that.

Heath Ledger, actor, breathed life into a hero I didn't even know existed before his amazing performance/role in Brokeback Mountain. 

Still the hero of my life, Ennis del Mar.
Thank you, Mr. Ledger.  What ever happened to you, it's wrong.

May I suggest a synchronized toast to Mr. Ledger?

I'm so glad this web-site exists, otherwise I'd have no place to share my grief. Thanks all.

*toast* ... TO MR HEATH LEDGER.

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #402 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:35 AM »
Someone posted this link on Brokebackslash.
It's a condolence book.

Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you know that a Guest book has been set up at the San Francisco Chronicle's website for Heath.

http://www.legacy.com/SFGate/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=101716459

I signed.

babytammy7

« Reply #403 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:36 AM »

How come? I don't believe it, I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Why is he dead... why... if it is an accident I gotta wake him up and blame him from being careless... if it is a murder I gotta wake him up and let him see how I take revenge and kill the murderer... if he attempt suicide I gotta wake him up and slap him hard in the face and scold him...
But he is gone. Forever and ever. I can't wake him up. Nobody can. In the movie it is Jack who's dead, and now you are telling me that in the reality it is Heath who's dead? I don't want to say rest in peace, coz I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE HEATH IS DEAD! I DON'T!

Rest in peace, 'Ennis'...

Oh my..... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Please don't do this to me; I can't stand it no more.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis

manhattangirl

« Reply #405 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:41 AM »
I'm draging ass, I trying to get to work.  Is it hitting me.  I don't know.  I don't want to feel this way, I don't want to cry.   I lived with this "thing" that came over me for a year.  What's going to happen now?  

Man this  is stupid, I got  to go.  tears are falling, this really hurts.  I didn't want it to.  I tried my best not let it get to me.  It just doesn't make sense.  I'm sorry,

Offline Aurora

• Alma
« Reply #406 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:44 AM »
Dear Friends,
I need to share something with you.
Some time ago, just before Christmas I went to see a clairvoyant. It was the first time in my life. She told me that somebody is going to die soon and his death will effect me greately, altough he is someone pretty distant to me. Now I know who he was talking about... The words "Heath Ledger is dead" just plays in my head over and over again...

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #407 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:44 AM »
I woke up this morning, praying it was a bad dream.  But it's in all the newspapers.  I've already cried here at work; everyone here knows how much I love BBM, and they are trying to comfort me.  I still can't believe he's gone.   :\'(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #408 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:47 AM »
Darling Keren, and all you other brokies,

I have just woken up and am still numb. Came right to ennisjack, after months of abstinence. Don't know what to say...

monicita

We try to say that we loved him.

We love him still.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #409 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:50 AM »
More  :ghug: to all. This is a difficult time for so many.

The tributes and articles have been so respectful and moving. ^f^
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #410 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:52 AM »

Our Sweet Heath, our sweet Ennis, we'll miss you forever and you are forever in our hearts :\'(
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #411 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:53 AM »
     BabyTammy, am wide awake now, and am now hurting more because there were actually four warnings, I gave.  Mentioned last night,
that I had posted, on pg. 432 of photos, that he looked extremely sad, in the pictures from London, and then one, mid-page.  I softened it,
so as not to seem to wrongful, but was seriously worried.
   They are now saying he had complained of a sleep disorder after making TDK, and was only getting 2-3 hours of sleep (interview-N.Y. Times)
and was exhausted and emotionally drained.  And I warned of that in this forum on page 34 of the Joker thread, but, again, watered it down,
so as not to be offensive.  Watered it down, but spoke up, in 2 posts on that page.
  But I also e-mailed Heath, as soon as I had the internet, last year, and asked him to look after his emotional and physical health, as I had
read BBM took a lot out of him.  No reply.  When I was accepted by his staff as an add-on to his MySpace site, they posted my picture (along
with a bunch of other new add-ons) with the message from me that he should get plenty of rest.  It's a matter of record, on that site.
  So, now, am in great pain, because I gave not one but four warnings, that I sensed something was wrong.  And yet I never took it to the
level of extreme warning, for fear of being made fun of.  I tried, 4 times, 3 of which can be seen, but I failed to go with my gut instinct, that
this was a sensitive guy who took too much on himself.  
  Never heard of the Times interview until last night, but it was a direct complaint to the reporter, and maybe even a cry for help. Asking for
someone to see him as more than a celebrity, but as a human being.  Knowing I gave 4 warnings gives me even more grief, because 3 of them
were published or posted, and I played the game- I watered them down, afraid of being tagged as out-of-line, and negative.
  What's done is done.  I loved him enough to notice, but maybe not enough to raise hell and hope someone, anyone would hear.  His staff-
anyone.  Exhaustion.  2-4 hours of sleep each night.  Why didn't the reporter speak up?
  Again, what people say- something was meant to be--No.  Not this.  I will leave off, grieving all the more, that no one close to him stepped in.

babytammy7

« Reply #412 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:53 AM »
IN LOVING MEMORY

Thanks for all you've done
I've missed you for so long
I can't believe you're gone
You still live in me
I feel you in the wind
You guide me constantly

I've never knew what it was to be alone, no
Cause you were always there for me
You were always there waiting
And ill come home and I miss your face so
Smiling down on me
I close my eyes to see

And I know, you're a part of me
And it's your song that sets me free
I sing it while I feel I can't hold on
I sing tonight cause it comforts me

I carry the things that remind me of you
In loving memory of
The one that was so true
Your were as kind as you could be
And even though you're gone
You still mean the world to me

I've never knew what it was to be alone, no
Cause you were always there for me
You were always there waiting
But now I come home and it's not the same, no
It feels empty and alone
I can't believe you're gone

I'm glad he set you free from sorrow
I'll still love you more tomorrow
And you will be here with me still

And what you did you did with feeling
And You always found the meaning
And you always will
And you always will
And you always will

Offline Quills

• Dogz
  • Cassie
« Reply #413 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:57 AM »
It's all so very sad and a tragic waste of life  :\'(
"Humming Rheingold
We scavenge up our clothes"

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #414 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:01 AM »
To me, the most devastating thought is that, in one way or another, he probably did kill himself. Most probably by not taking good enough care of himself (lack of sleep, pneumonia, and maybe not seeking help, either psychological or physical). I am not saying he did it on purpose. It just reminds me of Ennis, the man who could not listen to his deepest feelings. Does anybody understand what I mean?

I mean no disrespect. I once was in that situation myself for a few months, where for sheer misery and the lack of sleep that caused (which induces a kind of stupor even when you are awake) I sometimes either wished I was dead or just didn't feel anything much and could not care about what was happening to me. Add pneumonia on top of that and those weird sleeping pills he seems to have taken, which make people do crazy things in their sleep (why are they even being sold if that is the case?).

Love to you all,

monicita

He had such a grueling schedule, especially on the set of "The Dark Knight", where he had to do a lot of the filming during the late evenings and early morning hours.  A life in Art is not an easy thing.  To papahrase the Poet Cavafy:  

You know the pace of our life - it's fever, it's absolute | devotion to beauty

babytammy7

« Reply #415 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:03 AM »
    BabyTammy, am wide awake now, and am now hurting more because there were actually four warnings, I gave.  Mentioned last night,
that I had posted, on pg. 432 of photos, that he looked extremely sad, in the pictures from London, and then one, mid-page.  I softened it,
so as not to seem to wrongful, but was seriously worried.
   They are now saying he had complained of a sleep disorder after making TDK, and was only getting 2-3 hours of sleep (interview-N.Y. Times)
and was exhausted and emotionally drained.  And I warned of that in this forum on page 34 of the Joker thread, but, again, watered it down,
so as not to be offensive.  Watered it down, but spoke up, in 2 posts on that page.
  But I also e-mailed Heath, as soon as I had the internet, last year, and asked him to look after his emotional and physical health, as I had
read BBM took a lot out of him.  No reply.  When I was accepted by his staff as an add-on to his MySpace site, they posted my picture (along
with a bunch of other new add-ons) with the message from me that he should get plenty of rest.  It's a matter of record, on that site.
  So, now, am in great pain, because I gave not one but four warnings, that I sensed something was wrong.  And yet I never took it to the
level of extreme warning, for fear of being made fun of.  I tried, 4 times, 3 of which can be seen, but I failed to go with my gut instinct, that
this was a sensitive guy who took too much on himself.  
  Never heard of the Times interview until last night, but it was a direct complaint to the reporter, and maybe even a cry for help. Asking for
someone to see him as more than a celebrity, but as a human being.  Knowing I gave 4 warnings gives me even more grief, because 3 of them
were published or posted, and I played the game- I watered them down, afraid of being tagged as out-of-line, and negative.
  What's done is done.  I loved him enough to notice, but maybe not enough to raise hell and hope someone, anyone would hear.  His staff-
anyone.  Exhaustion.  2-4 hours of sleep each night.  Why didn't the reporter speak up?
  Again, what people say- something was meant to be--No.  Not this.  I will leave off, grieving all the more, that no one close to him stepped in.

Tony I remember well what you said in Baby pix thread......That was true.....He looked so tired and sad....

I'm watching on TV right now the images of him, all covered, the ambulance, people all around....... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

My heart aches so bad for him.......

They are saying on TV that Heath was so tired and maybe he had a drepression.....They say that in his late appearance he looked ill.

I'm also watching his father....he's devastated.......

Tony, you loved him enough to notice..... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #416 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:08 AM »
I am devastated and oh, just so sad. Brokeback Mountain wasn't supposed to end this way. Now there will never be Brokeback Mountain 2. Forever in our hearts, Heath. We will always remember you.

There cannot be a Brokeback Mountain 2.  Ennis is dead.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #417 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Like many of you here I am shocked. Living in Europe I woke up to the news. Heath's picture is front cover on the papers. I am wearing a black tie today with the cowboy outfit and Stetson I always wear since BBM.

Its good there is this forum because most people in the "real" world do not understand what we are going through right now.

:\'(

I am also wearing black today.

babytammy7

« Reply #418 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:14 AM »
There cannot be a Brokeback Mountain 2.  Ennis is dead.

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #419 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:17 AM »
tpe suggested  earlier, to do something to remember him by, so I thought, how about a tribute video on YouTube from our forum  ?

I agree that this is a beautiful idea.  We should discuss this and more in geeater detail in the coming hours/days.