Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729518 times)

Offline aimi15

• Cassie
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #750 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Good to see you also, Aimi.  :)  The current circumstances are sad, but seeing old friends at this time is both a comfort and a joy.

It's lovely to know that so many people who are very dear to me are still here. :) It's a terrible time and I'm extremely thankful for the support of the fandom. I have an overwhelming urge to sit and watch BBM again, but I'm afraid it would be too painful. One day at a time...

All my best wishes and hugs to you. I hope you are bearing up. :ghug:

Offline malawix

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #751 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I found this comment around the net...

"Ennis Del Mar will stay with me the rest of my life and is the reason why I took the foolish death of a total stranger to my heart and had trouble sleeping. BROKEBACK already ruined me because of the ways in which I haven't live my life to the fullest, but I'll be pulling out Santolalla's score today and as I crest the hill down into the still dark city that guitar will very likely carry with it all the sadness in the world. Fuc***' movie stars."

Wanted to share it...
«Though you are far away | I am with you in every way | Close your eyes and you will see...»

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #752 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:58 AM »
We have to give ourselves some time, Aimi.  As you say, it would be too painful under the current circumstances.

Even if we don't see each other often these days, you know that we have this sense of belonging to this global BBM family.  We carry it wherever we are.  :)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #753 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:00 AM »
I found this comment around the net...

"Ennis Del Mar will stay with me the rest of my life and is the reason why I took the foolish death of a total stranger to my heart and had trouble sleeping. BROKEBACK already ruined me because of the ways in which I haven't live my life to the fullest, but I'll be pulling out Santolalla's score today and as I crest the hill down into the still dark city that guitar will very likely carry with it all the sadness in the world. Fuc***' movie stars."

Wanted to share it...

Thank you for sharing this, malawix.  It certainly makes sense to all of us here.

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #754 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:00 AM »

Mary-Kate Olsen called before Ledger's ambulance

By David Nason and Robert Lusetich January 25, 2008 01:00am

THE frantic moments surrounding the discovery of Heath Ledger's naked body have begun to emerge, with reports that the massage therapist who found him telephoned US celebrity Mary-Kate Olsen twice before calling an ambulance.

As initial autopsy results failed to provide a cause of the 28-year-old actor's death, police confirmed six types of prescription drugs, including a mix of anti-anxiety medication and sleeping pills, were found in his apartment.

The news came as Ledger's former partner, Michelle Williams, flew to New York from Sweden with their daughter, Matilda.

Ledger's masseuse, Diana Wolozin, phoned Olsen twice before ringing 911. In the first call, Olsen told Ms Wolozin to wait while she sent some of her security people to the apartment to find out what was going on.

After failing once more to revive Ledger, the masseuse rang Olsen a second time to say she was going to call 911 for help.

When she did, the 911 operator urged Ms Wolozin to try to revive Ledger but her efforts failed. Paramedics arrived at the same time as Olsen's security guards.

The paramedics moved Ledger to the floor and tried to revive him using a defibrillator and CPR. But he was was pronounced dead at 3.36pm local time.

It could be another 10 days before toxicology tests are able to show the cause of his death.

Police have confirmed that nearly full bottles of the anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan) were found in his apartment, along with Ambien and Zopiclone (Lunesta) sleeping pills and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril). All the drugs were prescribed to Ledger but rumours of illict drug use have begun to circulate.

In London, The Sun quoted a former Naomi Campbell employee who said they saw Ledger on a cocaine binge with the super model in 2004.

Tests on a rolled-up $US20 bill found by police in Ledger's apartment proved negative when tested for illegal drugs.

The most likely cause of death remains an accidental overdose of the anti-anxiety drugs, which can significantly slow breathing.

Combined with a heavy fluid build-up in his lungs from a bout of pneumonia, the drugs may have been too much for Ledger's weakened body.

As his body was transported to a chapel in New York, his family in Perth began making arrangements for a funeral.

Ledger's father, Kim, was last night planning to travel to the US to bring his son home.

His high school in Perth, Guildford Grammar, has offered to hold a memorial for the movie star but a spokesman said they had not yet received a response from the family.

One of the most reviled hate groups in the US has vowed to disrupt New York and Hollywood memorial services for Heath Ledger, saying the actor was a pervert who mocked God when he played a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

Film director Shekhar Kapur, who directed Ledger in The Four Feathers, may have been the last person to speak with the actor. Kapur telephoned him on Monday after arriving in New York from London.

"I last spoke to him the night before he died," Kapur said.

"He said he could not see me that night but really wanted to meet me the next day. He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body."

Additional reporting: Alana Buckley-Carr

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23104187-10388,00.html

I would like to know..why on earth was she called before the ambulance service? Would it have made much of a difference, if the Ambo's were called first?  :(
"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline cynical21

• Alma Jr.
  • My candle burns at both ends . . .
« Reply #755 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:02 AM »
As much as I would love an opportunity to one day kneel beside his grave and express my grief at his passing, I do believe that his burial in Perth is the right thing to do - for him and for his family.  Given the unforgiveably ugly rumors about the Wacko Baptist Church and their threats to picket his funeral service, I think it's best that he be taken as far away as possible for such horrors - and I would hope that the Australian authorities would be less 'forgiving'  in their attitude toward such abominations than our "policitically correct" enforcement personnel.

Today, more than ever, I simply cannot understand how supposedly rational, normal people can be so filled with hate and cruelty.

Again, rest in peace, Sweet Prince.

CYN
“Ledger made great demands on his heart — romantically, professionally, personally, physically. And in the end, his heart said 'No'."  --  David Lipsky, Rolling Stone

"There will be stars over the place forever;
There will be stars forever, while we sleep." - Sara Teasdale

"There were only the two of them on the mountain, flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawk’s back . . . " -  Annie Proulx

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #756 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Hi all. second not happy day. I got to work, and my boss asked immediately what's wrong with me, coz I look so sad. I told her, and she understood (Glad of that).

This song came to my mind today, I'll post it here...

Thought I'd see you one more time again

Oh wow. This song has affected me in the past and certainly does now.
 :\'(  :\'(  :ghug:
 :-\\
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #757 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:07 AM »

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/210352.php/Ledger-to-be-buried-in-Australia

-----------------------------------------

Ledger to be buried in Australia
From our ANI Correspondent

New York, Jan 24: Oscar nominated actor Health Ledger will be buried in his hometown of Perth, Australia. 

A source at the Frank E. Campbell funeral chapel told the New York Post's Page Six that the funeral house was preparing to ship the 28-year-old's body to his home country as soon as possible.

Michelle Lee, a rep for the Australian consulate, confirmed the report saying: "Our consulate has been in contact with his family and has offered assistance to help fly Heath's body back to Australia."

The Frank E. Campbell funeral chapel has been the final stop for many of the world's most famous names including Jackie Kennedy Onassis, John Lennon, Judy Garland and Luther Vandross.

Ledger passed away on Jan 22 at his New York apartment. His body was found by a masseuse and a housekeeper.

The police have said that there was no signs yet of foul play or suicide. Cops also dismissed reports that illegal drugs were found in the apartment.

A post-mortem conducted overnight on the actor was found to be "inconclusive".

I am so so glad this is happening.  I think Heath going home is the only right thing to come from this horrible tragedy.  His family want to be near him, and I hope that they can find some solace in that.  My heart breaks for them.  :\'( :\'( :\'(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #758 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:10 AM »
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things...

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

(Thoreau, Walden)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #759 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Thank you all. Your words are very comforting for the time like this. The forum appreciates that you take time and share your support with us.

This is a gift that BBM and Heath has given us and we are forever grateful. More kisses and hugs to everyone of you. You are all in my thoughts.  :ghug:

Crap, it's us!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

:\'( :\'( cham, thanks for you posting this pix.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline orangetruck

• Justin +
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Following Jack's happy trail is a trip.
« Reply #760 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:18 AM »

"He said he could not see me that night but really wanted to meet me the next day. He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body."

That is really an eerily thought provoking quote..
So many unanswered questions..

:-\\
"Cor cordium" - Oliver from Call Me By Your Name, a novel by Andre Aciman.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #761 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows, only time?
And who can say if your love grows,
As your hearth chose, only time?

Who can say why your heart sights,
As your live flies, only time?
And who can say why your heart cries
when your love lies, only time?

Who can say when the roads meet,
That love might be ,in your heart?
and who can say when the day sleeps,
and the night keeps all your heart?
Night keeps all your heart.....

Who can say if your love groves,
As your heart chose, only time?
And who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time?

Who knows? Only time
Who knows? Only time

- Enya -

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline Cliffy

• Jack
  • Howdy cowboy!
« Reply #762 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:20 AM »
In Loving Memory

babytammy7

« Reply #763 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:22 AM »
OMG!  I found this picture from Reuters on the web... do you remember the Toronto picture with Jake, Mississaugared & Tpe?

:\'(

Crap, it's us!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Oh my.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline jerasjr

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #764 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Like many others, I dropped out of actively participating in the forum some time ago. I was battleing depression brought on by the Brokeback aftermath, and I needed to get my life back on track. With your compassion and support, I was able to do so, but here I am back again with all my friends that I miss so much. I, WE, can't let this tragedy bring us back to the depths were so many others want us to be. We accomplished so much because of Brokeback, and the courage of Heath and Jake and Ang to tell our story. I am going to think of this as Ennis and Jack finally getting together to start that little calf-and-cow operation that will give them the sweet life that jack had dreamed of for so long. My heartfelt sympathy to all of you here on the forum. Heath, you will never know how much you touched our lives. Rest in peace dear friend. You did OK, you were loved. :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

meandennis

This is so true meandennis - it is a tragedy, and it has affected us deeply - but the best thing and probably the most imperative thing to do, is to go ahead - to continue making those steps in understanding, to continue spreading that message of love, to share the dreams that have evolved within us - but most of all to continue.  For it is in our lives that we can offer the most heartfelt tribute, one that will continue after others have faded.
"A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #765 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Thursday morning, and I still can't believe that he's gone.  One positive is that I have this place to go to, to be with people who are grieving just as much as I am.  No one in my family seems to understand how I'm feeling.  It's as though I've lost a close friend.  Never have I felt this way about a famous person's passing before - NEVER.  I'm just sick over this.

Anyway, I wrote this poem yesterday and posted it on my LiveJournal:

January 22, 2008

Tell me it's not happening
Tell me it's not real
Tell me I'm not feeling
This anguish that I feel.

Tell me you'll be coming back
And that I need not fear
Tell me you'll return to me
Please say you will, my dear.

The world is now, so suddenly,
A dark and lonely place
I cannot bear to think I'll
No longer see your face.

You shone your light upon us
A beautiful, sweet soul
You gave it all, and poured your heart
Into each and every role.

Now they say that you've gone
I can't believe that's true
For how are we to carry on
Without wonderful you?

Now your soul has flown away
But even as I cry
Within my heart, you will remain
So I'll not say goodbye.

Peace be with you, Mr. Ledger.

Edited to add:  Thank you, ethan, for placing that tribute.  I wish I could be in NY right now.
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #766 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:27 AM »
As much as I would love an opportunity to one day kneel beside his grave and express my grief at his passing, I do believe that his burial in Perth is the right thing to do - for him and for his family.  Given the unforgiveably ugly rumors about the Wacko Baptist Church and their threats to picket his funeral service, I think it's best that he be taken as far away as possible for such horrors - and I would hope that the Australian authorities would be less 'forgiving'  in their attitude toward such abominations than our "policitically correct" enforcement personnel.

Today, more than ever, I simply cannot understand how supposedly rational, normal people can be so filled with hate and cruelty.

Again, rest in peace, Sweet Prince.

CYN

Me neither :\'(

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #767 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:28 AM »
^^I think that's what makes it even sadder, that he was alone when he passed.

This just totally cuts me up.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
« Reply #768 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:28 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/category/heath-ledger/

Where is Jake Gyllenhaal?

Jake Gyllenhaal has yet to be seen or heard from since the death of his close friend, Heath Ledger -- and people on the set of his new film are working hard to keep it that way.

Gyllenhaal is in New Mexico, currently filming his new movie, "Brothers." We're told there are no plans to shut down production, but Jake is very upset and doesn't want to talk to the media -- so the set has been closed to non-crew members and extra security has been hired.

Jake is the godfather to Heath's daughter, Matilda Rose.
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #769 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Thursday morning, and I still can't believe that he's gone.  One positive is that I have this place to go to, to be with people who are grieving just as much as I am.  No one in my family seems to understand how I'm feeling.  It's as though I've lost a close friend.  Never have I felt this way about a famous person's passing before - NEVER.  I'm just sick over this.

Anyway, I wrote this poem yesterday and posted it on my LiveJournal:

January 22, 2008

Tell me it's not happening
Tell me it's not real
Tell me I'm not feeling
This anguish that I feel.

Tell me you'll be coming back
And that I need not fear
Tell me you'll return to me
Please say you will, my dear.

The world is now, so suddenly,
A dark and lonely place
I cannot bear to think I'll
No longer see your face.

You shone your light upon us
A beautiful, sweet soul
You gave it all, and poured your heart
Into each and every role.

Now they say that you've gone
I can't believe that's true
For how are we to carry on
Without wonderful you?

Now your soul has flown away
But even as I cry
Within my heart, you will remain
So I'll not say goodbye.

Peace be with you, Mr. Ledger.

Edited to add:  Thank you, ethan, for placing that tribute.  I wish I could be in NY right now.

Oh thats just beautiful and so so sad.   :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #770 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:30 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/category/heath-ledger/

Where is Jake Gyllenhaal?

Jake Gyllenhaal has yet to be seen or heard from since the death of his close friend, Heath Ledger -- and people on the set of his new film are working hard to keep it that way.

Gyllenhaal is in New Mexico, currently filming his new movie, "Brothers." We're told there are no plans to shut down production, but Jake is very upset and doesn't want to talk to the media -- so the set has been closed to non-crew members and extra security has been hired.

Jake is the godfather to Heath's daughter, Matilda Rose.

We all know that Jake will be devastated by this news, as we all are.  He will be grieving the loss of a very dear friend.  He just hasn't got to do that in public. 

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #771 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Thomas has given me permission to post a link to a wonderful memorial blog set up by Theresa, who some of you may remember. She used to run Heath Ledger Central which was a fantastic and very well respected site for Heath fans.  She was also a good friend to ennisjack, as well as to Heath himself.  Please visit if you can.

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/

babytammy7

« Reply #772 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Alas, there are conflicting reports this morning, saying that Jake is being "kept" from leaving by the filming of "Brothers" in New Mexico.  The reports do say that he is terribly upset, and that the media has been barred from speaking to him.

Since we really don't know what is afoot, it is probably better to end speculation about Jake's plans until we get confirmation from any of the major papers about this.

Personally I have no doubt that the thing about the media is true -- Jake has always been a private person, not wishing to feed any media circus surrounding Heath's death, and not putting himself in the spotlight during such a trying time.  After all, I suspect that this is a PERSONAL loss to him, and who are we to violate this, good fans though we are of BBM?

I also don't doubt that he has contacted the parties most affected.  His pain is for their ears only, for the time being.  So long as he remains this way, let us respect him in his silence, as we always had.

Beautifully well said Thomas. I know for sure he's devastated. He lost a friend. I respect that so I respect his silence. That's the way it has to be: crying with Heath's family and friends and not with media.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #773 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:38 AM »
    Am still having trouble with the use of the word "fans".  I always felt we were family.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 06:25 PM by Tony »

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #774 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:43 AM »
This was posted on the blog that Theresa set up - it's so beautiful I just had to repost it here. I hope Theresa doesn't mind.

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.

He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline bigheart

• Jack + Ennis
  • June
« Reply #775 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Dear Brokies,

This afternoon I had the privilege to go to the apartment and paid our tribute and respect to Mr. Heath Ledger. As soon as I got off the subway station a few blocks away, my heart was so aching and my tears could not stop. Every step was the hardest I had ever experienced in my life and my body was shaking. Until then when I laid the flowers, I was hit by the reality and realized what had happened.

Thank you for being with me and giving me the strength to do it on behalf of this most wonderful community. My eyes have been dried and then are wet again. I ask myself why we have to go through this? We mourn the death of Jack from the movie and now we mourn the death of Heath from the real life. For them, we are stronger and become better people in honoring Jack and Heath.

We are now even closer to Heath and forever grateful for what he has given us. :\'(  :ghug: :ghug: to everyone of you. My heart and thoughts are with you.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for doing this :^^)

Offline Stephen

• Alma
  • Tragedy: "Wisdom too late."
« Reply #776 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Thank you for your thoughts and poem, Christie......I, too, can barely come to terms with the loss of our extraordinary actor.....but upon first hearing the news, I shuddered as I realized that my first reaction was heartbreak because Ennis Del Mar, not Heath Ledger,  had died after so many years of lonliness without Jack!...that's how intertwined Heath and Ennis are in my imagination!  Even now, after seeing so many news reports on TV about the death of Heath Ledger, I feel at the same time the death of Ennis.  Maybe that's the bittersweet truth of a great film, of great Art: it becomes more real that its creaters......
"One more chain to break to get closer to you"

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #777 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:52 AM »
TMZ is now reporting that Heath has been taken to a New York funeral chapel, and there will be a viewing today.  How I wish that I could go.  :(
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #778 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:53 AM »
This was posted on the blog that Theresa set up - it's so beautiful I just had to repost it here. I hope Theresa doesn't mind.

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.

It tore me up Lindsey.  Its so beautifully heartbreaking.    :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #779 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:55 AM »
This is from Theresa's blog that Christie posted the link to.

OMG.

A Melbourne artist has released his never-before-seen portrait of Heath Ledger a day after the Australian actor's death.

Docklands-based Vincent Fantauzzo's haunting portrait depicts Ledger as three separate figures, one looking straight on, the others whispering into each of the central figure's ears.

Fantauzzo painted the actor's portrait with the intention of entering it into the prestigious Archibald Prize, Australia's premier portraiture competition.

Ledger, 28, sat for the painter on his final trip back to his native state of Western Australia in December.

The actor was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday of what authorities say may be an accidental drug overdose.

Fantauzzo released the image today after receiving approval to do so from Ledger's friends and family.

"Heath was an inspiring and remarkable friend, son, and father," Fantauzzo said of his subject.

"Heath was a very private person, which is one of the reasons I was so honoured that he allowed me to paint him.

Mr Fantauzzo described Ledger as a natural artist's model, who needed no direction to pose for the portrait.

"He was so easy, and professional to work with," Mr Fantauzzo said.

"He didn't need any direction, absolutely focused.

"Once done, he was back to his usual charismatic self."

Mr Fantauzzo expressed his condolences to Ledger's family.

"My thoughts are with his family, and friends who must all be feeling such pain at the moment.

"It's a hard time, a sad time, and i hope we can find a way to focus on the good memories and move forward in a positive direction. We all love Heath dearly."
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.