Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1723847 times)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1080 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:56 PM »
An annoying as they are, remember things like Mozart died and was buried Completely alone. I mean our media are vultures but sometimes they do get word out. These pics will warm hearts all over the world.

I know they will and I didn't mind that they were taking pictures of the things we left- no problem with that whatsoever. It was when we were hugging and crying and they formed a circle around us that I had a problem with.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1081 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:03 AM »
REMEMBER ME ... by James Horner/Cynthia Weil

Remember:
I will still be here
As long as you hold me
In your memory

Remember:
When your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
Just remember me

I am the one star
That keeps burning so brightly
It is the last light
To fade into the rising sun
I'm with you whenever
You tell my story
For I am all I've done

Remember:
I will still be here
As long as you hold me
In your memory
Remember me…

I am that one voice
In the cold wind that whispers
And if you listen
You'll hear me call across the sky

As long as I still can
Reach out and touch you
Then I will never die

Remember:
I'll never leave you
If you will only
Remember me…

Remember:
I will still be here
As long as you hold me
In your memory

Remember:
When your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
I live forever

Remember me
Remember me
Remember…
Me…

roco, THANK YOU! This poem, this picture is exactly what I needed. Heath will always be with us.

His work lives on forever.  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1082 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:13 AM »
Here is the tribute left in SoHo from everyone here. Thank you again for your words which went into this.  :ghug:

“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1083 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:15 AM »
This was posted on the blog that Theresa set up - it's so beautiful I just had to repost it here. I hope Theresa doesn't mind.

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.

Thank you so much for this, NoReins. I can see Heath saying exactly this.

It is wise and beautiful, touching and gentle, full of love and joy for living.

A soul set free...Remember the love...go to the friends we know... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1084 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:19 AM »

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 12:35 AM by LuvJackNasty »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1085 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Thank you so much for lighting the candles with us. Seeing these pics is heartening and gives me a lot of comfort. LuvJackNasty is a fine trooper and the tribute she made is just heart warming.  :ghug:

Words can not express the trip today to pay our respect at the places. Now I fully understand how Ennis must have felt when he went to visit Jack's parents. It is still hard to believe what had happened. It was very special to have LuvJackNasty and all of your thoughts with me. The love we shared for him beyond the physical boundaries speaks volume. As LuvJackNasty and I just stood there, leaned on each other and starred at the memorial, for a moment I felt that Heath knew and is immersing himself in love from all of us. Will there be a closure on this and how long will it take? I don't know. However, I do know that I am not and will not be alone. Thank you all.  :ghug:

In Brooklyn

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1086 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:40 AM »
What we have is knowing a man with the power to grip others' hearts is undeniably in a better place. Yes it takes time for that to sink in, but then we are not robots. Accepting passages doesn't always happen with a 'pink' or click. But we will get it because not only does everything happen for a reason, but when love is involved it will eventually set in to have done no wrong. We who love(d) Heath, we with our flowers, tears, notes and hearts, made sure that his transition was soft, about as soft as the wings of an angel; We remember him like this for he gave to us a sense that the earth wasn't as wicked as it otherwise seems to be.

Beautifully said. Thank you, orangetruck.  :ghug:

In Soho

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1087 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:44 AM »

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 12:51 AM by LuvJackNasty »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1088 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:46 AM »

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1089 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:47 AM »

wanted to share my candle.. many thanks to Ethan and Michelle <3
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 05:35 AM by sweetlilg »
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1090 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:48 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts and for lighting the candles with us

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1091 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:49 AM »
wanted to share my candle.. many thanks to Ethan and Michelle <3

sweetlilg, that is beautiful. Thank you!!  :ghug:

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1092 on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:51 AM »
Thank you sweetlilg. It's beautiful.  :ghug:

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1093 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:02 AM »
Ethan and Michelle, I have said it before, but really.. what you have done is so wonderful. And beautiful. I thank you so much!  :ghug: Thank you.
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #1094 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:08 AM »
MississaugaRed, thank you for posting this. I don't know why, but of all the poems and songs, this one brought me sobbing uncontrollably to tears. The reality of a man now gone, is finally hitting home. The sad truth of a rare talent now snatched away, is finally dawning on my mind. The sensitive soul who understands the depth of a character, the generous man who loves everyone around him, the lonely heart who yearns for love and friendship, where have you gone?  :\'(

We will never know what a great director Heath would have been. We will never know what a noble Hamlet he would have made. Thank you, who ever posted the link to Terese's blog. I think that also made me realize how much we lost. The anecdote from Neil about the making of Candy...What Ang Lee said about the joy of working with Heath...

I am sorry if this is terribly sad, but I am only catching up to you all, having held back all week, denying the reality of this tragedy. Thank you all for being here, sharing your thoughts, your news, your hugs.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Dear friends -

I have no candle here with me to light.   Instead I'll post words to a haunting song, of death and dreams and brightness gone to soon.   

Gentle Heath, may you rest peacefully in the light of candles that burn in remembrance of you.  :ghug:

Bright Eyes
Art Garfunkel

Is it a kind of dream,
Floating out on the tide,
Following the river of death downstream,
or is it a dream?

There's a fog along the horizon,
A strange glow in the sky,
And nobody seems to know where you go,
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?

Bright eyes,
Burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
How can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

Is it a kind of shadow,
Reaching into the night,
Wandering over the hills unseen,
Or is it a dream?

There's a high wind in the trees,
A cold sound in the air,
And nobody ever knows when you go,
And where do you start,
Oh, into the dark?

Bright eyes,
burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
how can you close and fail?
Suddenly burn so pale?
bright eyes.

Bright eyes,
burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
how can you close and fail?
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1095 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:13 AM »

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1096 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:19 AM »
Last batch from me. I do have a couple of little vids showing the memorials that I will post tomorrow at some point. Ethan has more pics that I'm sure he'll be posting.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1097 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:22 AM »
what you have done is so wonderful. And beautiful. I thank you so much!  :ghug: Thank you.

Hanna, thank you. We could not have done it without you and everyone.  :ghug:

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1098 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:33 AM »
Wow. The pictures are so comforting. Really they are. To see the outpouring of emotion not only from everyone here at the forum, but to see the amount of flowers and signs and tributes to him is amazing. He was so loved, and if he didn't know if before he surely knows it now. 

I think little lil_dwarf_611 said it best: Heath has moved into my heart.  And that is where he'll stay.

I always feel a little strange talking about the afterlife. It's kind of a sensitive subject and not everyone believes in it. I do. I can't say I believe in something like Heaven and Hell, but I do believe that there is something for us. I also believe that Heath is with each and every one of us right now. He's with his family, his little girl, his friends and us. Sitting around today, every so often I would get a feeling of peace among the tragedy. I kept thinking to myself "That's Heath telling me it's OK."

Thanks once again Ethan and Michelle for doing this. It means so much to me and everyone here I am sure.  :ghug:

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1099 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:34 AM »
Heath, forever young, rest in peace. I will miss you so much...
Johanna
Yes, he will be forever young!! so unbelievably ,painfully true  yet I'm still in disbelieve !  :\'(
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1100 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:36 AM »
These pictures are just lovely, and what you two did was wonderful. I hope you know how much we all appreciate your doing this, and taking us there with you in your hearts. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1101 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:54 AM »
LJN and Ethan, thank you, thank you for those pictures, it just to show you how loved Heath was!!!
What a beautiful tribute from ennisjack. it warms my heart!!
 I'm so glad to be with you in spirit and be able to light a candle with you and all the brokies simultaneously   :ghug:
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 02:01 AM by hpv »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1102 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:57 AM »
I noticed one card that says:
Yesterday you were a star, today you are a legend
How painfully true!

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #1103 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:03 AM »
Thank you so much to Ethan and LJN  for honoring Heath for all of us.

Someone sent this moving BBM Music vid 

I won't be able to watch BBM the same way again  :\'(
this tribute is a real tear jerker I agree I will never listen to this lullaby in teh same manner, it will always remind me of BBM
 :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1104 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Thank you Michelle. I can hardly type this right now for my tears. God bless you and Ethan.

Me, too.  Thank you both for doing this for all of us.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #1105 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:16 AM »
Many thanks to LJN and Ethan to send us all that pics from New-York in memory of Heath...I have lighted a candle yesturday evening : We all share the same sorrow

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
Simone
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #1106 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:27 AM »

Thank you so much for lighting the candles with us. .
 for a moment I felt that Heath knew and is immersing himself in love from all of us.
 I do know that I am not and will not be alone. Thank you all.  :ghug:

In Brooklyn

We'll never be alone dear Ethan, never !   Thank you so much to have represented us   :^^)
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1107 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:37 AM »
Ethan and Michelle, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing that. Seeing all the flowers and the notes and how much Heath was loved is simply overwhelming. I wish I could be there with you, go there with you, but I'm so greatful that you did this on behalf of all of us who couldn't. What you did for him is trully beautiful.

Reading all the posts here and looking at the pictures, my heart is breaking. I'm moving between tears and moments of numbness, when I am in total denial and just can't comprehend the fact that he's dead. Four days after, it still looks surreal and impossible. I keep having this heavy feeling inside. It seems like life would never be the same again... how can it be, without him? Heath, you're in my heart forever. :\'( :\'( :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

yb

« Reply #1108 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:41 AM »
Ethan and Michelle, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing that. Seeing all the flowers and the notes and how much Heath was loved is simply overwhelming. I wish I could be there with you, go there with you, but I'm so greatful that you did this on behalf of all of us who couldn't. What you did for him is trully beautiful.

Reading all the posts here and looking at the pictures, my heart is breaking. I'm moving between tears and moments of numbness, when I am in total denial and just can't comprehend the fact that he's dead. Four days after, it still looks surreal and impossible. I keep having this heavy feeling inside. It seems like life would never be the same again... how can it be, without him? Heath, you're in my heart forever. :\'( :\'( :\'(

I have the exact same feeling.  I thought it would get better as each new day comes, but it is just not the case at all.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1109 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:48 AM »

He'll be in all our hearts forever.

Keren :ghug:
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.