Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724251 times)

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1230 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:38 AM »
THank you linda for posting this gorgeous photo x
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1231 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Ledger funeral plans still undecided
27th January 2008, 10:33 WST

Details of the funeral of Hollywood star Heath Ledger remain a mystery and may be limited to his immediate family, his uncle says.

The actor's parents Kim and Sally Ledger flew to New York, where they attended a private memorial service in Manhattan with close friends and their son's former fiancee Michelle Williams and daughter Matilda.

A large pine crate containing Ledger's body was taken from the Frank E Campbell funeral home in New York to begin it's long journey home.

The former Perth boy's uncle Mike Ledger said the funeral arrangements had not yet been decided.

"Kim will be bringing Heath home, but in terms of memorials services, it's up to Kim and Sally," Mr Ledger told News Limited.

"We know the chapel at Guildford (Grammar School) is available if Kim wants it. But they may even keep it very private. We may not even go to the funeral ourselves."

Mr Ledger ruled out suicide.

"We know he would never have done anything like that on purpose. It was just a tragic mixture. We're sure it will all come out in the (autopsy) report."

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=454640

I can't believe we're talking about his funeral here. I can't believe I'm reading these words, about burying Heath. These words, "A large pine crate containing Ledger's body", are too difficult to bare. How can Heath lie still in some box, when he couldn't sit in an interview quietly for a minute without fidgeting?! How can we put him in the ground?? I can't believe this is happening, I really can't... and now I'm crying again. :\'( :\'( :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1232 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:46 AM »
Keren I know it's hard...this morning when I read that 2 private memorial services had been held, I broke into tears.

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Heath, I swear ...

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1233 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:52 AM »
How can Heath lie still in some box, when he couldn't sit in an interview quietly for a minute without fidgeting?!

Oh Keren - that's brought both tears to my eyes and a silly grin to my face, remembering how he used to jiggle about or wave his hands around in interviews ???
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1234 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:56 AM »
Keren I know it's hard...this morning when I read that 2 private memorial services had been held, I broke into tears.

Where did you read that - do you have the link?

I don't know why I'm doing it to myself, some masochistic need to read everything about him, even if it hurts like hell. I want him back so bad.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline EnnisTwist

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1235 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Linda, that is beautiful.    :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  :ghug:

That is beautiful. Thank you for posting Linda! (I assume this was taken after Heath's death?)

There is an alternative to going out in a blaze of glory, and that's giving 'em all the big 'f*** you.'

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1236 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:58 AM »
Where did you read that - do you have the link?

I don't know why I'm doing it to myself, some masochistic need to read everything about him, even if it hurts like hell. I want him back so bad.

will send link via pm.

Heath, I swear ...

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1237 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:59 AM »
How can Heath lie still in some box, when he couldn't sit in an interview quietly for a minute without fidgeting?!

Oh Keren - that's brought both tears to my eyes and a silly grin to my face, remembering how he used to jiggle about or wave his hands around in interviews ???

oh that put more tears in my eyes

Heath, I swear ...

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal 2 actors 1 legend
« Reply #1238 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Linda, that is beautiful.    :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  :ghug:

Marvelous <^(

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #1239 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:10 AM »
I apologise that the news article, which I posted in here, has upset some of you. :( I should have thought more of it's possible impact, before posting it here.  :ghug:

"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1240 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:15 AM »
I apologise that the news article, which I posted in here, has upset some of you. :( I should have thought more of it's possible impact, before posting it here.  :ghug:

thank you.
We are all trying our best to deal with this nightmare.

Another thread dedicated to news and articles has been created.
Keeping in mind that gossip mags and speculative articles are not welcome.

ps: I love your avatar x

Heath, I swear ...

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #1241 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:40 AM »
I really think he would be pissed at himself, for his daughters sake, that he screwed up by complete accident.  He didn't even get a life with his child. I'm angry for him too.  It sucks.

Sigh. I'm still just so upset. He's not headline news at all today but i don't want him forgotten. I keep staring at the words "died" and "death" and can't believe they are talking about this YOUNG 28 year old man.
I had exactly the same thought...like.. %&) what was I thinking , sure enough he wouldn't do anything  that will hurt his beloved Matilda..
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 08:59 AM by hpv »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1242 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Carefree Wind, this is a lot to ask, I know, but in time, when you can, could you send photos here of wherever Heath is laid to rest?
Or Asali?  It would mean so much to so many of us.

If it is indeed possible for me to visit Heath's final place of rest, then by all means I shall certainly do so. Nothing will keep me from doing this for you all.
It is my hope that, even though Heath's funeral, will most likely be a private family affair (as it should be), that at least, it will be announced which cemetery he will at last rest in, so anyone can visit and pay their respects to this wonderful man.
I'm not even certain that details of when his funeral will be held, will even be made public. But yes, it would be an honor to do this for you all, and to hopefully take some photos as well, for you all to see.
Perhaps it may help with the healing process too, well actually, I am sure of it.
I would be awesome, thank you in advance dear!  O0
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 09:00 AM by hpv »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1243 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:44 AM »
I thought I would post this info over here.   Someone on DC is in Alberta and went to Campsite #2 (the 'tent don't look right' site)
Here is a photo they took.

the way the sun is coming over the mountain it feels like Heath is looking down on all of us
Linda
That is absolutely gorgeous, what a lovely idea !!!
Thank you for posting that Linda :^^)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1244 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:47 AM »
I can't believe we're talking about his funeral here. I can't believe I'm reading these words, about burying Heath.
My dear Keren, just this word gave the chills too..  :ghug:   :\'(

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1245 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:51 AM »
That is beautiful. Thank you for posting Linda! (I assume this was taken after Heath's death?)

OMG!!.... that B/W piicture has a -Aura above him...I swear... does it not... <^(

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1246 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I found this one on a Jake related blog...they stopped it, posted this image, and The Wings plays in the background
I love it, thanx froggy  :^^)
I love all the B/W pictures of Heath, so poignant and painfully beautiful....sobbing..   :\'(

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1247 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:55 AM »
      Well, if anyone feels embarrassed about our still grieving, and that others don't understand, it's just a case of those others not seeing
what we did------someone worth caring for.  Heath was deserving of our love and we are glad he crossed our paths in life with his own.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 06:54 PM by Tony »

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1248 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:59 AM »
It is a great consolation to know am not alone there.  There is no shame to grieving.

yes, it does help to be together, and have other people understand.

Heath, I swear ...

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1249 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I don't know where this belongs but I was finally able to gather somewhat coherent thoughts.

I've been blessed with this place and the people who make it what it is. I've had two years to share joy and heartbreak in complete freedom, without fear of being judged. And I’ve needed that now more than ever and will need it as I muddle through this process. I spent most of yesterday crying my eyes out and pondering my place in this fandom. I’m crying as I type this. Last night was the first night ever that I didn’t log in (excluding when I had no access), because right now in a lot of ways it hurts too much to be here. But I know we are all in that same boat riding those waves of grief. In some ways it feels cold to say that it comforts me to know that we are all together in that because I don’t want any one of us to be hurting. But at the same time it is comforting to know that right from day one we were never alone. I think I hit anger and depression while hopelessly clinging to the denial stage. I know one day we’ll all hit some stage of normalcy again and that day will be quicker for some and longer for others. These last two days have been especially hard for me and I gave serious thought to rolling up my tent and coming down the mountain. I’ll try to spare you of every thought that ran through my brain. I don’t know where we go from here or if one day the sun will shine as bright again. But what I do know is this: He gave us all a beautiful gift, where in a thousand lifetimes I'd never be able to repay him for. And to give up on everything is to squander the gift he gave us. If he didn't know before, he certainly knows now the impact of what he gave us in his young life. And I am eternally grateful to him for leading us all to each other. Together we will weather this storm and I’m grateful to everyone for being there for each other.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1250 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:15 AM »
LJN,  :ghug:   you are so great with expressing  your feelings clearly and beautifully...  <^(
I could never said it better, since Engkish is not my language ,I'm struggling here to say what I feel but still it's not exactly what I want to say....
Words cannot express what I feel for you and other brokie friends here, I too, think, that without EJ, I couldn't go through this grieving process alone!!!

Thank you my dear friend!!!  :^^)
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 10:23 AM by hpv »

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1251 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:22 AM »
 But what I do know is this: He gave us all a beautiful gift, where in a thousand lifetimes I'd never be able to repay him for. And to give up on everything is to squander the gift he gave us. If he didn't know before, he certainly knows now the impact of what he gave us in his young life. And I am eternally grateful to him for leading us all to each other. Together we will weather this storm and I’m grateful to everyone for being there for each other.

:ghug:

Today I have spent most of my day watching tributes to Heath from youTube and crying my eyes out. I hope I'll be able to stop it tomorrow at work.
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

manhattangirl

« Reply #1252 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:36 AM »
I don't know where this belongs but I was finally able to gather somewhat coherent thoughts.

I've been blessed with this place and the people who make it what it is. I've had two years to share joy and heartbreak in complete freedom, without fear of being judged. And I’ve needed that now more than ever and will need it as I muddle through this process. I spent most of yesterday crying my eyes out and pondering my place in this fandom. I’m crying as I type this. Last night was the first night ever that I didn’t log in (excluding when I had no access), because right now in a lot of ways it hurts too much to be here. But I know we are all in that same boat riding those waves of grief. In some ways it feels cold to say that it comforts me to know that we are all together in that because I don’t want any one of us to be hurting. But at the same time it is comforting to know that right from day one we were never alone. I think I hit anger and depression while hopelessly clinging to the denial stage. I know one day we’ll all hit some stage of normalcy again and that day will be quicker for some and longer for others. These last two days have been especially hard for me and I gave serious thought to rolling up my tent and coming down the mountain. I’ll try to spare you of every thought that ran through my brain. I don’t know where we go from here or if one day the sun will shine as bright again. But what I do know is this: He gave us all a beautiful gift, where in a thousand lifetimes I'd never be able to repay him for. And to give up on everything is to squander the gift he gave us. If he didn't know before, he certainly knows now the impact of what he gave us in his young life. And I am eternally grateful to him for leading us all to each other. Together we will weather this storm and I’m grateful to everyone for being there for each other.

Thank you. LJN, I've been going through the same questions.  I've only been part of this family for only a year, and it's been an experience.   BBM brought me here, but all of you will kept me here.  The other sites concerning BBM, for me were cold and impersonal, not here, it was like being part of a family. 

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1253 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:39 AM »
These last two days have been especially hard for me and I gave serious thought to rolling up my tent and coming down the mountain.

And I am eternally grateful to him for leading us all to each other. Together we will weather this storm and I’m grateful to everyone for being there for each other.

I believe we all went through this.
But I am so glad the ennisjack family was here.

Heath, I swear ...

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1254 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:44 AM »
  LJN---forget the word "fan".  Bury it.  That is for those who were crazed for Marilyn Monroe or for political figures. It's true, there was some
element of being "fans", and that came with the territory of HOW he crossed our path, each one of us.  But fans don't grieve like this-only family
can hurt this much.
  The way he entered our lives was through that route, as a celebrity, as a gifted actor we admired.  With good references as a human being.
That's how we met him.  But that was only a means to get this beautiful soul into the lives of those who could really love him.  Which is a huge
difference.  Fans say good-bye and walk away, and find another focus. Fans weep a day or two, then forget. It was only the means of meeting
him, LJN, for we were meant to meet, for we were and are, in some unexplainable way, a real part of his true family.
   That you are still grieving so terribly, and that so many of the rest of us are, means we went past the means of introduction long ago, and
loved him for who he was.  And it also means, you are different in a way that makes you so much to the better.  There are those who could
not love.  You did.  You weren't a fan, LJN, you were far more-you were part of a family that loved him so very much.  I am in great hurt
over what tpe hoped wasn't true but could be- the tragedy that his defense walls were so strong, he didn't know--we loved him for himself.
Stay strong, and please know that when the storm hit, you and others were there to stand up for the rest of us, and go there, as you did.
Fans go away.  Family stays.  We all love you for having seen what we saw, and for being who you are.  None of us should be worried or
embarrassed over our tears.  We have a reason to weep.  We met a good and kind and decent man, and life hit him too hard, too soon.

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #1255 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:47 AM »

LETTER TO HEATH

My grandmother said that when a beloved person is gone,she or he keeps on looking after us in another space;for this,I'm sure you'll keep on looking after your baby and Michelle,and looking at Jake with proud,and,maybe-only. IT´S FELT WITH LOVE LANGUAGE.
You bet,Heath,sweet eyes angel;I will always love you.I SWEAR.

:ghug:    ALICIA      :^^)

Alicia,

Your letter to Heath is beautiful, you are a very sensitive person  ^f^ :^^)

Simone
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #1256 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Hello Brokies..

Yesterday, as everyone knows, some of my friends came over to watch Heath Ledger movies. Sadely, we did not realize how long each would take and in the end, only got to see Brokeback. I wanted everybody to watch the whole thing, wanted them to just sit, without a sound and watch every moment this beautiful movie brought to us, but time started to creep up on us. I had to skip a few parts but I made sure to show the end, the heartbreaking fight, this time, almost brought me to tears. For some reason, in Ennis' tearful, exhausted, frustrated eyes, I saw Heath. I didn't wanna watch it any longer, hearing Ennis' words "I can't take this anymore, Jack"...but then, the loving embrace came on, and all I could do was smile, like everyone else did as well. By the end, when Ennis finds the shirts, takes them with him, and puts it on the closet door, my friends were balling. Some have never seen it before and were amazed.

To Heath!

By 10pm, 2 of my friends had to leave and all that was left was me, my friend Val and friend Vicky. We were so exhaused, both from controllling the other girls and also, from the movie. I felt, after some people left, like Heath's death happened all over again. But luckily, my friends were there to help me. We told stories about people we have losts, the grieving process, and how Heath and the many others, were looking down on us. It was hard for us, but in the end, worth it, we watched and thanked god for bringing this legend into our lifes and we prayed that he was in heave now, watching over his daughter and smiling. Heath, we love you and you will never be forgotton...

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 11:18 AM by lil_dwarf_611 »
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #1257 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:17 AM »
I keep him memory alive, if you don't know already, I have been collecting pictures and articles of Heath since his death. This is all I've collect after Day 5..

(In People, they had over a 5 pg. article on him)

And here, 3 of my friends have already written letters to Heath, in which hopefully, we'll be able to bring to him house...

"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #1258 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:31 AM »
i wanted to come here again and show you a picture..

"our" pictures has made it over reuter's all around the world again; this here is from our local (!) newspaper..
but i guess you know how i felt when i opened up the page, not expecting this..

i just want to repeat my thankfulness that we had the chance to be there, not only in our hearts and thoughts.
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #1259 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:43 AM »

Michelle, Thank you for your beautiful words.  We are all in this together. :ghug:
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes