Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1730446 times)

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1260 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Tizi, I avoided byuing the papers just in case. Seeing that it was everywhere.

But just now they played "You're just to good to be true" video on tv, and I also just a Perth tourism advert.
And I broke into tears...once again.
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #1261 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Tizi, I avoided byuing the papers just in case. Seeing that it was everywhere.

But just now they played "You're just to good to be true" video on tv, and I also just a Perth tourism advert.
And I broke into tears...once again.

no paper buying either, or magazines even worse.. but this was our local thing, i wouldn't have thought..

froggy  :ghug:
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1262 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:52 AM »
sending a hug back hun x
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline LuvHeath4ever

• Alma Jr.
  • a.k.a. Beans1030
« Reply #1263 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:55 AM »
I can't believe how much Heath's death has affected me.  I know I never "knew" him, but I had so much respect for him.  He did BBM knowing full well that he would get criticized or ostracized  but he did it anyway.  People have made fun of this movie, but he never went along with it.  He was very proud of this movie and was very comfortable having done it.

I still can't believe he's gone.  I keep seeing it on the news or youtube movies, and still can't believe it.

I only have 2 people IRL that I am talking to about this, one is my mom, who I got to watch the movie not long after I saw it and it affected her as much as it did me, and the 2nd is one of my online friends who is the one who initially told me of his passing.  She never saw BBM, but has this incredible need to see it now.  I am sending her a copy of it, since she can't get it from her library, with it being checked out.

Anyways, I feel like I am so overwhelmed with his passing, and I'm trying not to dwell on it, but I'm so glad I can come here and talk about him freely.   :ghug:
R.I.P. Heath 1979-2008
"What we got now, is Brokeback Mountain"

babytammy7

« Reply #1264 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:58 AM »
I thought I would post this info over here.   Someone on DC is in Alberta and went to Campsite #2 (the 'tent don't look right' site)

Here is a photo they took.

the way the sun is coming over the mountain it feels like Heath is looking down on all of us

Linda

Linda this is utterly beautiful. It's so overwhelming that I can hardly breathe.

Offline ayasha

• scatterheart
  • Jack + Ennis
  • never enough...
« Reply #1265 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I hadn't been able to come here up til now, somehow i had succeded pretending nothing's happened, but only a nightmare  :\'(
"And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took to blossom"

Anaïs Nin

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #1266 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I would like to take a moment and just thank everyone at EJ for being here.  I came here last spring and immediately felt like I was among friends.  I don't know any of you personally, but I feel very close to you, especially during this time of loss.  :ghug:

I spent the better part of yesterday with my sister (a/k/a Del-Marvelous), who is the only person I know in RL that understands what I am going through right now.  She comforted me, made me laugh, and lightened my spirits in a way nothing else in RL could.  I am thankful that I have such a wonderful sister.  ^f^
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1267 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:31 PM »
   Am wondering about the post I made, above, to LJN.  So many times I have been misunderstood and I hope she read that as it was meant,
from the heart.  She is so good of a person, but we are all so very exhausted in our emotions, it is sometimes hard to communicate well.
Michelle-you are loved.  You have a heart so true, you have been one of the strongest to carry us through.
  Everything hurts, these days.  I had long heard about the incident where a photographer shot at Heath with a water pistol in Sydney, and that
some said he was intimidated.  Right.  The guy who did that dangerous stunt on horseback in Four Feathers. Right. I saw the film footage for the
first time yesterday and he wasn't afraid.  What I saw on his face was incredulity at the creeps aggression and a great hurt and wonder that
anyone could be such a jerk.  No fear.  He put his hands up to ward off the water, showed grief at confronting unusual spite and malice, and
moved to cover and protect Michelle Williams, who was with him.  What I saw was a man who did not understand malice.  And that, plus every
new exploration of the past, just opens up the hurt yet again.
  I know he wasn't perfect, and am glad for his faults, for they were few, but made him more real.  And for the contradictions.  He said he was
lazy, but this was someone who worked very hard, at the expense of his health.  He said, at times he wanted to walk away from acting, and yet
he kept on, probably driven by the gift he was given.  And he said he wanted to be left alone by the public, and yet he would talk and play chess
with strangers in a park, so long as he was not treated as a celebrity.  And he sought out people, ever friendly.
  There will be books written about him, in time.  I hope they capture the reality of this man that came our way.  Well, the SAG awards are tonight,
and part of me dreads seeing what kind of tribute they give to him, before they move on.  It had better be true.  It had better be good.
It's their last chance to acknowledge his was one of the purest souls to ever grace that shallow and often false world they have out there.
But if they don't get it right, well, nothing new there.

Offline Nikita111

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1268 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:32 PM »
My dearest, I love you so much, thank you for bringing so much to my life, thank you for showing me what love truly is, through Brokeback. When I saw it I fell helplessly in love with you, and for me it is the lost of my platonic love. I love you, darling and I always will. And I will cherish the emotion you awakened inside of me and knowing that makes me a real human being, even with this undescribable pain and torture I am going through I am so grateful I discovered Brokeback on November and lived two intensive months of pure fascination with fanfictions and stuff.

You are so beautiful and you will never die for me. I will never forget you. Yours eyes were the sweetest I have ever seen. So soft and kind. You were true angel. I love you.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1269 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:37 PM »
I can't believe we're talking about his funeral here. I can't believe I'm reading these words, about burying Heath. These words, "A large pine crate containing Ledger's body", are too difficult to bare. How can Heath lie still in some box, when he couldn't sit in an interview quietly for a minute without fidgeting?! How can we put him in the ground?? I can't believe this is happening, I really can't... and now I'm crying again. :\'( :\'( :\'(

Keren, I feel your pain, as I feel it, too.  And I'm glad you said it, because I find it difficult to voice those damn physical realities.  Bodies, caskets, funerals, the ground...

But we know a person is so much more than the physical body (although Heath was an exquisite physical human being, to say the least).  I have to think of the essence of him being freely in the universe, including right here, with us.

kathy

PS: everytime I type "Heath" it is like a sacred gesture.
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #1270 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:39 PM »
i wanted to come here again and show you a picture..

"our" pictures has made it over reuter's all around the world again; this here is from our local (!) newspaper..
but i guess you know how i felt when i opened up the page, not expecting this..

i just want to repeat my thankfulness that we had the chance to be there, not only in our hearts and thoughts.

OMG ! tizi, thanks for the picture, remember, we had received in Paris last year two little cowboys hats like this...I can't look at them for the moment  :( ...to sad  :\'(
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
« Reply #1271 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:42 PM »

Seeing all these pics and reading all the posts really makes me tearing again.  I'm glad that he has many people who loved him.  Thank you Ethan and LJN for doing and sharing these with us.  

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
« Reply #1272 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:46 PM »
I thought I would post this info over here.   Someone on DC is in Alberta and went to Campsite #2 (the 'tent don't look right' site)

the way the sun is coming over the mountain it feels like Heath is looking down on all of us

Linda

This is so beautiful!  Thanks for sharing. 

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #1273 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:49 PM »
I don't know what I would have done without this site the last couple of days. First I didn't know why I reacted the way I did when I found out, but now I know how much I love Heath and all of his movies. I just feel so stupid that he had to die before I found out. :\'( But reading all of you're posts have made me cry and feel better because I know I'm not alone, I'm not the only one who feel sad all the time. I just want to say thank you to all the people here, for making this nighmare a little better. We still have a long way to go before we are fine again (if thats possible) but It feels good to know that I don't have to be alone.

To Heath
I'm sorry that I didn't understand sooner what you have done for me, I will always love you.
And some day I will meet you and thank you for just being you.
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1274 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:53 PM »
My dearest, I love you so much, thank you for bringing so much to my life, thank you for showing me what love truly is, through Brokeback. When I saw it I fell helplessly in love with you, and for me it is the lost of my platonic love. I love you, darling and I always will. And I will cherish the emotion you awakened inside of me and knowing that makes me a real human being, even with this undescribable pain and torture I am going through I am so grateful I discovered Brokeback on November and lived two intensive months of pure fascination with fanfictions and stuff.

You are so beautiful and you will never die for me. I will never forget you. Yours eyes were the sweetest I have ever seen. So soft and kind. You were true angel. I love you.

I love how you said this, nikita.  And I know I can say it here without derision, that I was totally in love with Heath Ledger.  Yes, a platonic love (I'm probably older than his mother) but an in-love all the same.  Not just admire his amazing talent and the beauty of his person, not just have the hots for, but cherish every cell of him and every word from his mouth and love him unconditionally, any human frailties and all.

kathy 
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1275 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:56 PM »
But I have a very strong feeling that Heath is somewhere surrounded by love and light. When I close my eyes I see him smiling and surrounded by very warm color of rose. And I have these aching chakra feelings. My heart chakra is pulsating very hard at the moment.

That is beautiful Carmilla.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1276 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:00 PM »
Hey Ethan and LJN,

Thank you so much for posting these. Did you two happen to bump into Meryl and John from Bettermost? They went there too, and took a pic of your beautiful memorial to Heath with the messages from everybody...

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16573.50.html

Sending you all lots of hugs and healing energy from one forum to the other...  :\'(

Mel

Hi Mel :ghug: No, we really didn't talk to anyone. I'm sending the same thoughts back to everyone over at BM. Thank you Mel.   :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1277 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:02 PM »

Linda

That absolutely took my breath away.  :\'( Thank you for sharing that.  :ghug:

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1278 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:03 PM »
To Heath

You taught us through Ennis how to live, how to love, how to grow.
You showed us by your life how to be gentle and kind, be generous and genuine.
You reminded us by your departure to a better life, that life is brief, and seize the day.

Because tomorrow may never come, and there is no other chance, to say I love you.
Because I do. Because you gave Ennis the power to change lives, to change minds.
Because of you, the world is a little gentler, a little kinder, a little more understanding.

How I wished I had told you when you were still here.
How I wished I had sent a get well soon to wish you well while you were down.
How I wished I had sent a card, just to show you that you are loved and remembered.

But now, you are gone.
Now I have no where to send my wishes.
All that comforts me now, is that I know you are there.

I feel you are still in my heart.
I know you are smiling at all the love sent your way.
And you are finally at peace, surrounded by love and loving memories.

You have always been gifted and giving, even to the end.
You will always be loved, liked this, always.

That is gorgeous, Andrew.  :\'( :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #1279 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:20 PM »
I can't believe we're talking about his funeral here. I can't believe I'm reading these words, about burying Heath. These words, "A large pine crate containing Ledger's body", are too difficult to bare. How can Heath lie still in some box, when he couldn't sit in an interview quietly for a minute without fidgeting?! How can we put him in the ground?? I can't believe this is happening, I really can't... and now I'm crying again. :\'( :\'( :\'(

Keren, sweetie, I can't believe it neither..... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

When I saw yesterday the vid of that pine crate I thought I was going to die of sadness right there. I was crying so bad and then I heard that laughter......and I was so terribly broken and sad, but also so angry, mad and stunned. That was, is, the most painful thing I've ever saw in my life. I had to swich off my laptop and go to bed, crying and wishing with all my strenght that this nightmare wasn't real. I was hidden under the blankets crying for 4 hours and finally my mother came to me all worried, wanting to know why I was like a ghost since wednesday.

Six hours before I’ve been talking with a friend by phone. On Thursday I told her a lot of beautiful things about our baby, ‘cause I needed everybody to know how wonderful and fine man Heath was. So yesterday she called me to talk about him. She said to me that she has crying so bad thinking of him, and that was my fault, ‘cause I made her think about him in a different way. She liked him so much, but since she saw me crying, she feels that Heath must be a very more wonderful person that she ever thought.

Today I woke up so sick. I was dizzy ‘cause since Wednesday I can only eat yoghurt, nuts, some bread and coke. It’s incredible how when I’m sad my body remember perfectly how to be an anorexic. I can’t listen to music, to watch TV, to go out with my friends. And I need again Orfidal (lorazepam) to sleep. I’m so scared ‘cause I had a deep depression for two years no long time ago, and I a very emotional person, so now I’m so afraid of having a new depression ‘cause of this tragedy. I don’t want to go through that hell again; I don’t want to have a depression; that was the most horrible thing of the world. So today I’ve decided to eat well and spend time with my parents. But not everything is how you want it, and world these days seems to conspire against me, ‘cause I was eating with my mother and she wanted to watch news, and then between TV spots they played the The Dark Knight trailer. I was stunned, shocked, with my face pale and tears running. I felt even sadder than ever. He didn’t look like Heath, even his voice was so weird. I couldn’t see his sweet face under that horrible make up. I hated that disgusting evil Joker laughter. That man seemed to me so dark, so complicated, so wicked and still so sad and lonely. They didn’t put Heath name there; only “summer 2008” while I was listening to that sinister laughter again. I wanted last Heath character to be special, and Joker without doubt is, but I mean, a character more beautiful, full of love and light, who make me smile thinking of Heath when I see him. So that trailer, the Joker, that confused soul, made me feel cold inside, and, after that, I couldn’t eat no more and I started to cry. It’s difficult for me see Heath as the Joker; it’s really impossible for me to find that tender man under the Joker skin. I’ve read in somewhere that the strain of playing the Joker in the new Batman film may have proved too much for Heath – in a recent interview he told how the role of a “murderous psychopath” had left him “sleepless and exhausted” and he was only sleeping around two hours a night. I felt so bad thinking about that, watching that mad eyes, that disfigured face, listening to that broken voice, so I buried my face in my hands wondering where my Heath was, why I didn’t understand why he wanted to be part of that dark universe, why the death always had to win the battle in this world.  
My mother saw me cry and she, so sweet, changed the channel. But, OMG, there was a Ned Nelly trailer ‘cause that channel is planning to show that film in two days. So I was there again, blaming myself for sit there trying to have a normal life while I was dying inside.

So now, I’m here, acting like I use to, being a total fool, looking for some little moment of happiness, needing to know once again that I’m not alone in this.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1280 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:24 PM »
Dear Heath,

You gave flesh and blood to an immortal character. 

I just would like to thank you for this, your work changed my life.

Rest in Peace

La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

babytammy7

« Reply #1281 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:26 PM »
I don't know where this belongs but I was finally able to gather somewhat coherent thoughts.

I've been blessed with this place and the people who make it what it is. I've had two years to share joy and heartbreak in complete freedom, without fear of being judged. And I’ve needed that now more than ever and will need it as I muddle through this process. I spent most of yesterday crying my eyes out and pondering my place in this fandom. I’m crying as I type this. Last night was the first night ever that I didn’t log in (excluding when I had no access), because right now in a lot of ways it hurts too much to be here. But I know we are all in that same boat riding those waves of grief. In some ways it feels cold to say that it comforts me to know that we are all together in that because I don’t want any one of us to be hurting. But at the same time it is comforting to know that right from day one we were never alone. I think I hit anger and depression while hopelessly clinging to the denial stage. I know one day we’ll all hit some stage of normalcy again and that day will be quicker for some and longer for others. These last two days have been especially hard for me and I gave serious thought to rolling up my tent and coming down the mountain. I’ll try to spare you of every thought that ran through my brain. I don’t know where we go from here or if one day the sun will shine as bright again. But what I do know is this: He gave us all a beautiful gift, where in a thousand lifetimes I'd never be able to repay him for. And to give up on everything is to squander the gift he gave us. If he didn't know before, he certainly knows now the impact of what he gave us in his young life. And I am eternally grateful to him for leading us all to each other. Together we will weather this storm and I’m grateful to everyone for being there for each other.

Michelle, my sweetie, one again you've put in words everything I'm feelling, everything I have in my broken heart right now. I'm so afraid of not having more days with the sun shining as bright again.

So beautiful post Michelle. I'm so glad you're here with us.

babytammy7

« Reply #1282 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:27 PM »
They missed the sighting of this man, so very good, crossing through this old world, and we were blessed to
have seen him, and to have known he was worthy of our love.

Oh Tony, friend... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1283 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:28 PM »
To Heath

You taught us through Ennis how to live, how to love, how to grow.
You showed us by your life how to be gentle and kind, be generous and genuine.
You reminded us by your departure to a better life, that life is brief, and seize the day.

Because tomorrow may never come, and there is no other chance, to say I love you.
Because I do. Because you gave Ennis the power to change lives, to change minds.
Because of you, the world is a little gentler, a little kinder, a little more understanding.

How I wished I had told you when you were still here.
How I wished I had sent a get well soon to wish you well while you were down.
How I wished I had sent a card, just to show you that you are loved and remembered.

But now, you are gone.
Now I have no where to send my wishes.
All that comforts me now, is that I know you are there.

I feel you are still in my heart.
I know you are smiling at all the love sent your way.
And you are finally at peace, surrounded by love and loving memories.

You have always been gifted and giving, even to the end.
You will always be loved, liked this, always.

This was a touching sentiment.   Thank you for sharing.

And thank all of you my brokie family for allowing me to come here and have a place to voice my grief and get support and comfort

:ghug:

Linda
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1284 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:30 PM »
Cham thank you for that lovely ennis collage.   wonderfully done friend!  :^^)
Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1285 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:34 PM »
 :ghug: Tammy. You are not a total fool. I wish I had the words to make you feel better and to help you through this. I don't know if any of us have the words. I saw a pic of the pine box and it upset me something fierce. I've been avoiding the news, vids etc because I can't "go there" right now and part of me feel like crap for not being able to do it but we all handle things in our own way, in our own time. The only small bit of comfort I have right now is that his soul is in each of us and that each of us is here right now is a testament to that soul. That we can all reach out form all corners of the globe in love, grief and comfort is possibly one of the greatest tributes he could have ever have been paid. I hope that didn't come out wrong because in times like this I am terrible at expressing myself and if it did, I apologize. I wish I had something profund to say that would ease this for you but all I can do is extend a cyber hug to you and hope that you feel it.

babytammy7

« Reply #1286 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:35 PM »
 LJN---forget the word "fan".  Bury it.  That is for those who were crazed for Marilyn Monroe or for political figures. It's true, there was some
element of being "fans", and that came with the territory of HOW he crossed our path, each one of us.  But fans don't grieve like this-only family
can hurt this much.
  The way he entered our lives was through that route, as a celebrity, as a gifted actor we admired.  With good references as a human being.
That's how we met him.  But that was only a means to get this beautiful soul into the lives of those who could really love him.  Which is a huge
difference.  Fans say good-bye and walk away, and find another focus. Fans weep a day or two, then forget. It was only the means of meeting
him, LJN, for we were meant to meet, for we were and are, in some unexplainable way, a real part of his true family.

That you are still grieving so terribly, and that so many of the rest of us are, means we went past the means of introduction long ago, and
loved him for who he was.  And it also means, you are different in a way that makes you so much to the better.  There are those who could
not love.  You did.  You weren't a fan, LJN, you were far more-you were part of a family that loved him so very much.  I am in great hurt
over what tpe hoped wasn't true but could be- the tragedy that his defense walls were so strong, he didn't know--we loved him for himself.
Stay strong, and please know that when the storm hit, you and others were there to stand up for the rest of us, and go there, as you did.
Fans go away.  Family stays.  We all love you for having seen what we saw, and for being who you are.  None of us should be worried or
embarrassed over our tears.  We have a reason to weep.  We met a good and kind and decent man, and life hit him too hard, too soon.

Tony that was an amazingly beautiful post. Your words are so true, so precious. I'm crying my eyes out right now. You're a wise man. We all are his family and that unbelievable fine man was our family too.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1287 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:41 PM »
I'm still in shock about Heath's untimely death. Somewhat of a morbid coincidence that I had just mentioned the movie to a friend the day before....  Generally, I don't really have feelings one way or another about news of deaths of celebrities, but Heath's involvement in making Brokeback Mtn, literally pulled me out of my shell, and I made some great online friends from this forum.  He was like a longtime friend to me who I've never met.  It's really strange that a movie can push certain buttons in someone's psyche and doesn't have any effect whatsoever in others.  As with a lot of folks who sought out the forum in the early days, we all were similarly affected by the power of this piece of art.  I am very grateful someone of such talent and modesty was chosen to tell the story.  I can't think of anyone else who could've pulled it off.  Heath, we will all miss you dearly and the world has been robbed of such a fine talented & modest man.  :\'(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1288 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Tony, LJN, and so many of you, what beautiful words. Thank you for sharing them. It really is a blessing to come here and know that we are not alone, in this world or in our feelings. Tammy honey, remember that. You are not alone, and thanks to Heath and a few other very special people that gave us the path to this wonderful community, you never will be. :ghug:

Chameau, thank you for that collage. It's quite beautiful. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

babytammy7

« Reply #1289 on: Jan 27, 2008, 01:52 PM »
  Am wondering about the post I made, above, to LJN.  So many times I have been misunderstood and I hope she read that as it was meant,
from the heart.  She is so good of a person, but we are all so very exhausted in our emotions, it is sometimes hard to communicate well.
Michelle-you are loved.  You have a heart so true, you have been one of the strongest to carry us through.
  Everything hurts, these days.  I had long heard about the incident where a photographer shot at Heath with a water pistol in Sydney, and that
some said he was intimidated.  Right.  The guy who did that dangerous stunt on horseback in Four Feathers. Right. I saw the film footage for the
first time yesterday and he wasn't afraid.  What I saw on his face was incredulity at the creeps aggression and a great hurt and wonder that
anyone could be such a jerk.  No fear.  He put his hands up to ward off the water, showed grief at confronting unusual spite and malice, and
moved to cover and protect Michelle Williams, who was with him.  What I saw was a man who did not understand malice.
 And that, plus every
new exploration of the past, just opens up the hurt yet again.
  I know he wasn't perfect, and am glad for his faults, for they were few, but made him more real.  And for the contradictions.  He said he was
lazy, but this was someone who worked very hard, at the expense of his health.  He said, at times he wanted to walk away from acting, and yet
he kept on, probably driven by the gift he was given.  And he said he wanted to be left alone by the public, and yet he would talk and play chess
with strangers in a park, so long as he was not treated as a celebrity.  And he sought out people, ever friendly.

There will be books written about him, in time.  I hope they capture the reality of this man that came our way.  Well, the SAG awards are tonight,
and part of me dreads seeing what kind of tribute they give to him, before they move on.  It had better be true.  It had better be good.
It's their last chance to acknowledge his was one of the purest souls to ever grace that shallow and often false world they have out there.
But if they don't get it right, well, nothing new there.

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( I'll never understand that photographer...He hurt Heath so bad and our baby had to move to NY, leaving his loved home. That's so heartbreaking. And still he was a very sweet, friendly person, playing chess, talking with people in the steet, working hard, giving his heart and soul in everything he did.

Love your posts Tony, though they're so bitter for me right now. Sorry.