Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724171 times)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1440 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Hey guys,

This is the first day I have felt positive at all since this happened.  But now I am ready to
take what Heath has given me and go out into the world with it. I want to be a better person and a more
courageous artist.  He has given so much and I want to spin that into something positive.  I feel it now.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline Aurora

• Alma
« Reply #1441 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:20 PM »
I haven't been able to watch any of those certainly beautiful tribute videos that people have made for Heath, at the moment they are just too much for me to bear. But tonight I watched Daniel Day-Lewis's tribute for Heath in SAG and yes indeed those were beautiful words! I have always admired DDL, now I just admire him even more and I thank him for that beautiful gesture of dedicating the award for Heath.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1442 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:15 PM »
My heart aches and my tears could not stop. It hurt so much to make the video but it was more bearable when all our hearts are together.

Heath Ledger and you all have inspired me. I took the liberty to quote many of you and I hope you don't mind. Thank you.  :ghug:

Forum video tribute on YouTube - 10 minutes

To download, please visit this post

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=11326.msg680842#msg680842

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2008, 09:31 PM by ethan »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline pierralex

• Dreamer forever
  • Jack + Ennis
  • que les moutons aillent se faire foutre
« Reply #1443 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Thank you for this gorgeous video.
I'm crying again...  :\'( :\'( :\'( :ghug:
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2008, 04:35 PM by pierralex »
"Texans don't drink coffee?"

Offline ravenus19

• Rav
  • Alma
« Reply #1444 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:33 PM »

Ethan, just watched the tribute vid and its just incredible. Thank you so much for putting it together..have no words to describe it. Tears streaming down my face the whole time. :\'(

Offline aintfoolin

• Ennis
  • " You and him did'nt go up there to fish"...
« Reply #1445 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Thank you all for the forums dedicated to Heath, allowing us a place to bare our souls, and post our grief. including the beautiful memorials on his doorsteps in Soho and Brooklyn. Hope he is smiling down on all of this and knowing how much he was loved by so many.

Jack and Ennis FOREVER.
..."yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"...

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1446 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:36 PM »
My heart aches and my tears could not stop. It hurt so much to make the video but it was more bearable when all our hearts are together.

Heath Ledger and you all have inspired me. I took the liberty to quote many of you and I hope you don't mind. Thank you.  :ghug:

Forum video tribute - 10 minutes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UpwlBGFK10

it's beautiful Ethan x
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1447 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Ethan,thanks so,so much for this beautiful video that's what Heath deserves.The music united with the images-specially one of the last,in which he seems to be already in Heaven with an intense light-are make with the heart and the deep love we all have for Heath. <^(  And thank you again for everything you've done in our name to homage him...Really,if we met this summer,I won't know what to do to correspond to all this affection and feeling; and I'm not speaking in terms of money,gifts or all this,but in terms of FEELINGS.I really won't know because everything is less for you. :ghug:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline ayasha

• scatterheart
  • Jack + Ennis
  • never enough...
« Reply #1448 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:08 PM »

"Some flowers bloom
only for a few days...everybody
admires and loves them
as a sign of spring and hope.
Then they die...
but they have done what
they needed to do!"

Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

"And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took to blossom"

Anaïs Nin

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #1449 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:28 PM »

"Some flowers bloom
admires and loves them
Then they die...
but they have done what
they needed to do!"

Wonderful,Irene¡ This flower has certainly died soon,but having done what it needed to do in the heart of thousands of gardeners¡
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1450 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:46 PM »

:\'( So beautiful, Ethan!   :ghug:
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline trekfan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1451 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:57 PM »

Ethan that was absolutely beautiful.   I cried all over again.   What piece of music was playing at the beginning? 

And do you have way I can DL it (not that music but the BBm music that was played during the trailer.  I have always wanted a copy of it.  I have the music from the movie but not that piece)

:\'( 

Heath I swear! 

Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ... matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it. - Heath Ledger on doing BBM

babytammy7

« Reply #1452 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:59 PM »

Oh Ethan….You’ve just broke my heart. Thank you so much for this awesome treasure, utterly beautiful and sad. Oh my…..I can’t cry hard enough…..  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

And now what a so fine man DDL is!!! I was really stunned watching him so moved in Oprah show. He was all devastated, saying so sweet things about Heath. And then, today, I've watched his tribute on SAG awards and, oh Jesus, I was so touching, crying so much that I couldn't see DDL’s face on the screen. His words were so gorgeous, delicate, so true and precious. I was so overwhelmed and totally sad watching him almost crying, so hurting, struggling with his emotions. He was so in love with Heath's work and he was proud of that. He’s a real gentleman.
I wanted to kiss that wonderful man; I wanted to shout at him Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. He is brave, a very sensitive, honest and amazing human being, and a truly free spirit like Heath was. In fact I could see Heath when I was looking at DDL, the feeling so intense and breathtaking. I cry every time I think about it. I'll treasure DDL words in my heart for the rest of my live. I think I owe him some huge thing for this marvellous gift he gave us. He, like all of us, didn't know Heath, and still he loved him like we all do; so I was a real wreck hearing his broken voice and thinking about we all are not the only crazy brokies, 'cause the impressive genius DDL was a real brokie too: In “Brokeback Mountain,” he was unique, he was perfect. And that scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything that I think I’ve ever seen. That was extremely heartbreaking.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
What a generous soul. I’m beyond touched. I only can think about all the marvellous things that Heath could have done if he were still alive, like meet DDL. I bet they had been great friends....

Eating, sleeping, working, talking and walking, just LIVING, seems to me like a so impossible thing to do these days. Sometimes I try to make things right, I try to work hard and to take care of my family; and when I think that I’m doing it almost OK, then suddenly Heath’s face just hit my thoughts hard, and I feel my heart punched and as if I’m going to vomit, and then once again… goodbye to work, to take care of the ones I love, to eat or to act like a normal person; just goodbye to be a simply human being and not a ghost with huge purple bags under the eyes.

I’m doing everything wrong…with my family and friends (my Babe, I’m so sorry....so sorry…), but I just don’t know what to do but cry. I’m really fighting against this pain with all my strength (any strength was left after Heath’s death?) but everyday I feel more weak and confused, and the sadness seems hugger and Heath’s eyes sweeter. **sigh** I need to breathe. I’m looking for a reason for this bitterness deep inside of me, trying to find a way out of this dark labyrinth that I am. How can I be so shattered? That scares the hell out of me.  :-\\  :-\\

I just want an answer, and a solution to cure this illness: To be in love with those dreams that Heath made me dream, with the true love that Heath brought into my life through Ennis Del Mar and I didn’t know that it could exist.

Just give me a f**ing reason and I’ll try to believe that I have to be happy again one day.

Oh my sweet Baby, I can’t believe you’re gone. Damn.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #1453 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:59 PM »
 :t)thankyou all for your beautiful videos. the videos are what brought me to this site...i found this site address on someones post under a BBM vid...now sadly im watchin tribute vids to Heath..who'd have thought. :\'( Like my painting i started doing a few days before he died, thats now dedicated to him.... :\'( ^f^ i still cannot believe hes gone....it just doesnt sem real.  :\'(
Can i also say though im very impressed by everyones deep thoughts and poems and pictures and lyrics they have posted on here since he passed away....you are all such inspiring people and loving and im proud to have found you all and be a part of this site x x x x x x %) :ghug:  <^(

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #1454 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:06 PM »
Oh god...Ethan...that video...

I hadn't cried...not really...until now

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #1455 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:06 PM »

"Some flowers bloom
admires and loves them
Then they die...
but they have done what
they needed to do!"

OMG, this is shier perfection!!!!  I simply love it! Thank you very much for posting it!
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #1456 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:18 PM »
ethan, that was simply wonderful!
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1457 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Ethan my friend, that was a wonderful tribute. So beautifuuly made and sais everything that we all feel, Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:^^) %)
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline gambrinus

• Alma Jr.
  • Gone, but never forgotten
« Reply #1458 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:38 PM »

It's a wonderful, touching tribute. Beautiful.

While you you were uploading that and I was away from the forum, I made another short tribute video, using quotes - not from members as you did - but from Heath's peers:

Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heaven did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Misery (all he had) a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('twas all he wished) a friend.

roconner

« Reply #1459 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:41 PM »
"Isn't Life Strange" ... by The Moody Blues

Isn't life strange
A turn of the page
Can read like before
Can we ask for more?
Each day passes by
How hard man will try?
The sea will not wait

You know it makes me want to cry, cry, cry -
Wished I could be in your heart
To be one with your love
Wished I could be in your eyes
Looking back there you were, and here we are.

Isn't love strange
A word we arrange
With no thought or care
Maker of despair
Each breath that we breathe
With love we must weave
To make us as one

To be one with your love
Looking back there you were, and here we are.

Isn't life strange
A turn of the page
A book without light
Unless with love we write;
To throw it away
To lose just a day
The quicksand of time

To be one with your love
Looking back there you were:

Goldfish

« Reply #1460 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Oh Ethan….You’ve just broke my heart. Thank you so much for this awesome treasure, utterly beautiful and sad. Oh my…..I can’t cry hard enough…..  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

And now what a so fine man DDL is!!! I was really stunned watching him so moved in Oprah show. He was all devastated, saying so sweet things about Heath. And then, today, I've watched his tribute on SAG awards and, oh Jesus, I was so touching, crying so much that I couldn't see DDL’s face on the screen. His words were so gorgeous, delicate, so true and precious. I was so overwhelmed and totally sad watching him almost crying, so hurting, struggling with his emotions. He was so in love with Heath's work and he was proud of that. He’s a real gentleman.
I wanted to kiss that wonderful man; I wanted to shout at him Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. He is brave, a very sensitive, honest and amazing human being, and a truly free spirit like Heath was. In fact I could see Heath when I was looking at DDL, the feeling so intense and breathtaking. I cry every time I think about it. I'll treasure DDL words in my heart for the rest of my live. I think I owe him some huge thing for this marvellous gift he gave us. He, like all of us, didn't know Heath, and still he loved him like we all do; so I was a real wreck hearing his broken voice and thinking about we all are not the only crazy brokies, 'cause the impressive genius DDL was a real brokie too: In “Brokeback Mountain,” he was unique, he was perfect. And that scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything that I think I’ve ever seen. That was extremely heartbreaking.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
What a generous soul. I’m beyond touched. I only can think about all the marvellous things that Heath could have done if he were still alive, like meet DDL. I bet they had been great friends....

Baby Tammy, I couldn't agree more with what you have said.

Ethan, thank you for the beautiful and heartbreaking video. You reduced me to tears again.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

What Daniel Day Lewis said about Heath was so incredibly moving. It means so much coming from such as great person and a great actor.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1461 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:21 PM »
To everyone, more  :ghug:  :ghug:

These videos and all the wonderful words and pictures you've posted have made me feel like we're all sitting together in a big circle, sharing pieces of ourselves. It sure is nice not to feel alone at this time. Thank you friends. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline believer

• Alma
« Reply #1462 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:23 PM »
I'm too broken to express myself, but those videos are amazing, beautiful.  Thank you all for them.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1463 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:25 PM »
I think that was expressed very nicely believer. ^f^

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline believer

• Alma
« Reply #1464 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I think this may make me insane, but everytime I am feeling ok, normal, not devastated, I watch tribute videos and read tribute articles to remind me that it's not ok and I should be devastated.  I don't want to just get on with it.  I want to remember him.  I want my heart to ache for him even though it is killing me.  Am I nuts?  Is anyone else feeling this or is everyone else so devastated that they do not have these moments where they feel ok?

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1465 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:43 PM »
You just spoke for me hon'  :ghug:
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1466 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Hmm, I hadn't really thought about it like that, but I suppose what I'm doing is fairly similar. I've been watching tribute videos too(although I've found I'm very picky about which ones - I watch the same group over and over ::) ). And I know that I'm still very much in the denial stage in my heart, even though my head knows it's true. So maybe it amounts to the same thing. Either way, I don't think we're crazy, just mourning and processing at our own pace. We'll all recover when we're ready to and not a moment sooner. :ghug:

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #1467 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:28 PM »

My God, that was just incredible.  Terrific job, ethan.   :^^)
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #1468 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Ravenus made this....tribute to Heath.
tissues will be needed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ts2a26g5XkI

Remember - Josh Groban

Remember, I will still be here
As long as you hold me, in your memory
Remember me

Remember, when your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
Just remember me

I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly,
It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun

I'm with you
Whenever you tell, my story
For I am all I've done

As long as you hold me, in your memory
Remember me

I am that one voice in the cold wind, that whispers
And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky

As long as I still can reach out, and touch you
Then I will never die

Remember, I'll never leave you
If you will only
Remember me

(Remember me...)

As long as you hold me
In your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
I live forever
Remember me

Remember me
Remember... me...

OMG, that was just incredible!  "Time can be transcended/I live forever" - indeed you shall, Mr. Ledger.
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #1469 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:53 PM »
 Reaching you somehow.........

You are  the sunlight coming from my window...
it will be you
embracing me.....

I Let you be the thunder
to hear your  heartbeat
zest to life

I let you be the coal
the undying ember
to give me warmth
of those cold lonely nights

I let you be the stars
to cluster in the sky
write the words
and make it shine

I let you be all these
to be with me
all of my life.....

.................Somehow I can reach you, my sweet Heath.
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.