Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724166 times)

Offline EDelMar

• Cassie
  • self-photo up on Brokenback
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #1530 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:53 PM »

http://www.heathandjackie.com/

10 days left!!!
Planning for the Denver remembrance celebration is in full swing!  Registration is OPEN; please fill that out even if you are just still thinking of attending.  We need you!  Call me if you have questions you need answered; 307-840-1020.

Here is the official list of attendees as of January 29, 2008!  This list is a combination of Internet forum members and other attendees.

Blue = Travel booked; attendance 100%!
Green = Attendance 100% or very likely
Yellow = Attendance desired but still uncertain
Red = Attendance unlikely

• A. Jones
• bcatjr
• beckela
• brokebackjack
• C. Seese
• dave
• E. Coyne
• E. Ellis
• EDelMar
• Front-Ranger
• gailr2000
• HappyAtLast
• ifyoucantfixit
• johnbeene
• ptannen
• RodneyWY
• SamChez
• Sid401k
• Vermont Sunset
• wyomen

The 15 'blue' and 'green' attendees above are coming from CA, CO, FL, KS, TX, VT and WY!

See you at the memorial service.

-Ennis

Offline lamusica

• Ennis
« Reply #1531 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Yes, I think that's it. I just re-read my post and it's not coming out right what I want to say. Now I'm feeling badly that I've painted my husband badly b.c he's so sweet really. He just doesn't understand. And while it's a tragic, sad story to him.....he's moved on and it doesn't stick like a sword in his heart like me.   :\'(

So thanks for letting me vent, share odd feelings b.c I don't know where else to go with it....

Please don't apologize, masetane.  I misread your post.  I didn't know what DH stood for  (DUH!)  I understand that people not so invested in BBM do not feel the same way as those of us who are do.  But, even if you DID feel that way, you are entitled to your opinion and have nothing to apologize for.  That is one of the things that  is so great about this forum.  People are allowed to express their opinions, no matter what they are.  And, others are allowed to agree or disagree as they see fit, but in a civilized, kind manner.  So, I, in no way, intended to criticize your post, but wanted to explain why I will not forget Heath Ledger --- ever. 
"Let's put a SSSSMILE on your faceeee!"

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1532 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:04 AM »
My heart aches and my tears could not stop. It hurt so much to make the video but it was more bearable when all our hearts are together.

Heath Ledger and you all have inspired me. I took the liberty to quote many of you and I hope you don't mind. Thank you.  :ghug:

Forum video tribute - 10 minutes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UpwlBGFK10

Oh god, Ethan.  Thank you so much for this...though I watchd through tears. 

Thank you, Heath, for giving us each other...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1533 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:08 AM »
It's a wonderful, touching tribute. Beautiful.

While you you were uploading that and I was away from the forum, I made another short tribute video, using quotes - not from members as you did - but from Heath's peers:

This is so gorgeous, gambrinus.  A beautiful thing to put together.  Thank you.  I love the end...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #1534 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:10 AM »
Ethan that was absolutely beautiful.   I cried all over again.   What piece of music was playing at the beginning? 

And do you have way I can DL it (not that music but the BBm music that was played during the trailer.  I have always wanted a copy of it.  I have the music from the movie but not that piece)

:\'( 

Heath I swear! 

Did you notice that during the "In Memoriam" segment of the SAG Awards, in the beginning of it, they were playing that same piece of music?  It must be something common, or well-known.  It wasn't made for BBM, but seems like something perhaps used before and will be used again, in trailers and the like?  But anyway, I would like to know what it is also.

kathy

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1535 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:42 AM »

I don't have the way many of you have with words, I mean in English

What I can't express with words, I try to do otherwise

I will always remember you little darlin' 

There's a new angel in Heaven, huh?
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2008, 03:54 AM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ayasha

• scatterheart
  • Jack + Ennis
  • never enough...
« Reply #1536 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:08 AM »
This is one of my favourite songs "Man of the hour" a song made for the movie 'Big Fish' by Pearl Jam. I posted this some time ago for Jack, and never thought I'd make it for our Heath  :\'(  Please try to see this as something positive  ^f^

Tidal waves don't beg forgiveness
crashed and on their way
as he enjoyed collisions; others walked away
...a snowflake falls in may.
And the doors are open now
as the bells are ringing out
Cause the man of the hour is taking
his final bow...goodbye for now.

And the sky breaks at dawn;
shedding light upon this town,
they'll all come ‘round
Cause the man of the hour is taking
his final bow...G'bye for now.

And the road this young man paved
The broken seems along the way
The rusted signs, left just for us
He was guiding me, love, his own way
Now the man of the hour is taking his final bow
As the curtain comes down
I feel that this is just g'bye for now.

"And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took to blossom"

Anaïs Nin

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1537 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:55 AM »
Did you notice that during the "In Memoriam" segment of the SAG Awards, in the beginning of it, they were playing that same piece of music?  It must be something common, or well-known.  It wasn't made for BBM, but seems like something perhaps used before and will be used again, in trailers and the like?  But anyway, I would like to know what it is also.

kathy

Kathy: That music from the BBM trailer is "End Title" from the movie Shawshank Redemption (a good watch) composed by Thomas Newman. It is availalble on iTunes. Ethan please correct me if wrong.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008, 04:10 AM by jackster »
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1538 on: Jan 30, 2008, 04:09 AM »

There's a new angel in Heaven, huh?

very, very, beautiful Cham.

babytammy7

« Reply #1539 on: Jan 30, 2008, 10:16 AM »
Well, it finally happened. I am past the first two stages of grief, and arrived at anger.

If the root of wisdom is, as Heath Andrew Ledger said,  to know and love one other human being, then the opposite of that, the root of evil, must be the lack of knowledge and the lack of love for any other human being.

In other words, the nature of evil is the self-centered, selfish, self-righteous, self-important, self-absorbed culture that has taken root in so many places, from Hollywood to so called religions.

What possesses Guy Finlay to be so vindictive and hateful? He must think his own life and happiness are more important than Heath's, to cause the man we love so much pain.

What possesses John Gibson to say such vile things on public air waves? He must believe his own ratings, his own right to free speech is more important than the pain and unimaginable grief that his lies would cause others.

What possesses these self-righteous idiots to think they can gather around ANYONE's funeral and inflict such horror at the survivors of heroes and greatness? They must believe their own vision of the world to be superior to anyone else's.

The root of all evil is the lack of knowledge and love for others. These people do things, say things, indeed, live all their lives with only one goal in mind, how to satisfy their own ego.

My grief is still immense, the pain will probably never go away, but now at least, I can feel something other than sadness, other than loss. I can feel angry, like Ennis at the two jerks at the Fourth of July.

One compensation out of all this mess, is to see the magnitude of love and gratitude for a gift so magnificent, a life so brilliant. If love can triumph over evil, then surely, this love from Heath, for his work, for life, will triumph over all.

I'm stunned Andrew.....Amazing post!!! You're so right friend. I love your words. I needed to express my anger and the only thing I could do was to cry; but you have put into words my feelings and now I can see I'm not the only one mad at world these days. I'm still mad, and so devastated and sad but now I'm OK with my own feelings and thoughts. Thank you so much.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1540 on: Jan 30, 2008, 10:45 AM »
 :ghug: to you both.

cham, thank you for sharing those pictures - you express yourself beautifully. ^f^

Ayashae, thank you for that poem. :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1541 on: Jan 30, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Just for clarity please....it was NOT me who said "He'll  just be a name..."  It was my husband saying that to me in seeing how upset I have been this past week.  He point was not to make Heath (his life, his work) seem pointless. I'm very sorry if my post insinuated that in any way.  In fact my husband is probably one of the most optimistic, grounded person I have ever known.  In the 20 years I've known him, I've never once heard him speak ill of someone.

But he is confused why I am taking this so hard and can't understand why, in his eyes, I'm reacting so hard and having a hard time dealing with this Now he also didn't see BBM or many of his other movies.  I *think* what my DH is thinking is that ...while this story of this person is awful and tragic, life does move on. So don't dwell on it and move on.  - Of course, his delivery was a bit harsh and not quite right in my eyes.  But this is also coming from the man who, when I had a miscarriage - told me to relax, move on and life will take care of itself....He's a little guarded in his emotions and delivery I guess but the heart is always there...

Anyway it did get me upset to hear that comment about Heath b.c to me, I DON'T agree.  I try to understand what he means but it feels a little personal to me since Heath's performance in BBM moved something in me and I've been different ever since (what a testament to Heath let me tell you!).  I'm not explaining it well but maybe you guys just understand.

So again - my apologies for any confusion. I just had to let it out somewhere how upset I am and clearly my husband is not the person to do that with. 

Oh God I understand you so well... I had a hard talk with my sister yesterday. A part of why it was so hard for me was because she just really doesn't understand at all why I am so affected by the death of "an actor I didn't even know" (and I hate it when people say that to me) and she couldn't understand my fascination with him when he was alive either. I felt like she was looking down on me or criticising me for it, and I just couldn't find the words to explain to her what he means to me. I felt bad and hurt when she reffered to him as "a movie star" and kept reminding me that I didn't know him and he certainly didn't know me.

No, I didn't know Heath, but I think I fell in love with him nonetheless. I've never heard of him before I saw BBM, but from the moment I saw him he stole my heart. How can I explain to people what it's like when my heart goes out to a fictional character, when I can't get him out of my thoughts, when his tears at that last scene make my heart ache so badly and cause me to cry too? Heath did all that for me, he made me identify with Ennis completely and cry for his tragedy. He touched my heart so deeply that I felt like Ennis had become a part of me. And at first, Heath was Ennis to me - I didn't even want to see him in other movies because I couldn't see him as anyone else but Ennis. He owned my heart as Ennis, not as Heath.

But after I've seen him in more movies, read articles about him and interviews with him, I became more and more aware of the amazing person that he was. So deep, so intelligent, so mature, so talented, such a unique human being with such a beautiful soul. And I was so greatful that such a man was chosen to portray Ennis del Mar, because he's gotten into Ennis's heart and soul in such an amazing way and that made me feel connected to him. For about half of my life I've been voicing out my support in gay rights and trying to fight people's homophobia, and in his beautiful heartbreaking portrayal of Ennis this guy had reached people's hearts and did what I couldn't have done in all those years. I cannot even begin to describe my appreciation and gratitude to him because of that. A piece of my heart will always belong to him.

Heath was so much more than "a movie star" to me. He wasn't a star, there was nothing starry about him. Through watching his films and reading interviews with him I discovered a beautiful man with a vulnerable soul, a man who talked openly and honestly about his fears, his weaknesses, his desires, a man who, in his "real life" off the set, couldn't be nothing but himself. There was so much depth in him, I could feel it, I could hear it in his words, in the thoughts that he shared. I can only imagine how overwhelmed I'd be if I'd known him in person. There are not many people who make you think "I don't know him but I have the strong impression that I'd like him a lot as a person if I did know him" (yes, thank you Daniel Day Lewis!!!) And Heath was one of these people. There was something so special about him that even people who didn't know him could feel.

Heath brought Ennis to life. He touched my soul and moved me in ways that I can't describe. Heath brought me here, to my new home and family. He took me up the mountain two years ago and I never went down. He had a very special place in my heart because of that. I thought about him as "my baby", I wanted to see him happy, growing and developing and making the most of his talent and I knew he would reach greatness. If I had a chance to give him back even a little of what he'd given me, I would've done anything.

But I guess some things you just can't explain.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008, 12:47 PM by keren_b »
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline froggy

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ennis for Mr Brokeback 2007!!!
« Reply #1542 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:33 PM »

with us you don't need to.
we know...I know what and how you feel xxxxxoooxxxxx
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Heath, I swear ...

babytammy7

« Reply #1543 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:45 PM »

No, I didn't know Heath, but I think I fell in love with him nonetheless. I've never heard of him before I saw BBM, but from the moment I saw him he stole my heart. How can I explain to people what it's like when my heart goes out to a fictional character, when I can't get him out of my thoughts, when his tears at that last scene make my heart ache so badly and cause me to cry too? Heath did all that for me, he made me identify with Ennis completely and cry for his tragedy. He touched my heart so deeply that I felt like Ennis had become a part of me. And at first, Heath was Ennis to me - I didn't even want to see him in other movies because I couldn't see him as anyone else but Ennis. He owned my heart as Ennis, not as Heath.

But after I've seen him in more movies, read articles about him and interviews with him, I became more and more aware of the amazing person that he was. So deep, so intelligent, so mature, so talented, such a unique human being with such a beautiful soul. And I was so greatful that such a man was chosen to portray Ennis del Mar, because he's gotten into Ennis's heart and soul in such an amazing way and that made me feel connected to him. For about half of my life I've been voicing out my support in gay rights and trying to fight people's homophobia, and in his beautiful heartbreaking portrayal of Ennis this guy had reached people's hearts and did what I couldn't have done in all those years. I cannot even begin to describe my appreciation and gratitude to him because of that. A piece of my heart will always belong to him.

Heath was so much more than "a movie star" to me. He wasn't a star, there was nothing starry about him. Through watching his films and reading interviews with him I discovered a beautiful man with a vulnerable soul, a man who talked openly and honestly about his fears, his weeknesses, his desires, a man who, in his "real life" off the set, couldn't be nothing but himself. There was so much depth in him, I could feel it, I could hear it in his words, in the thoughts that he shared. I can only imagine how overwhelmed I'd be if I'd known him in person. There are not many people who make you think "I don't know him but I have the strong impression that I'd like him a lot as a person if I did know him" (yes, thank you Daniel Day Lewis!!!) And Heath was one of these people. There was something so special about him that even people who didn't know him could feel.

Heath brought Ennis to life. He touched my soul and moved me in ways that I can't describe. Heath brought me here, to my new home and family. He took me up the mountain too years ago and I never went down. He had a very special place in my heart because of that. I thought about him as "my baby", I wanted to see him happy, growing and developing and making the most of his talent and I knew he would reach greatness. If I had a chance to give him back even a little of what he'd given me, I would've done anything.

OMG Keren.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

I can see myself in all your words. What a so beautiful and touching post, sweetie. You got me in tears one more time. Your words come from heart and they are pure poetry and wisdom, 'cause nobody seems "to know" Heath as you do. I knew it since I read my first post of you, I told you then: You made me love Heath; and today, once again, you've made cry thinking about him. You made me understand him better, you still do. My heart aches for you, for our sweet Heath, for myself.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
Thank you so much Keren; it's good to know that Heath not only lives in my heart, but in so many other hearts, and so he will lives forever and beyond.

One week for me here since I knew it. Still, I can't believe it....It hurts like hell. I'm so shattered and lost.

Heath, miss you so much. I can't cry hard enough for you. You've left me empty and broken. I need you by my side babe, need you so bad.

Offline tenterfieldgal

• Cassie
« Reply #1544 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Loretta. I am a new member and this is my first post. I am a heterosexual female, but Brokeback Mountain had a profound affect on me…for lots of reasons and on many levels. The first time I saw the movie I sobbed uncontrollably…the second time my eyes remained dry, but I was left with a clenching in my chest that I could not loosen. It was then that – hoping to purge some of the heartache – I wrote a poem called “Jack, I Swear”. It remained a poem for almost 2 years until a good friend wrote some music. I went to Nashville in early December and had it recorded as a demo (sung by my co-writer.) It was written in honor of Brokeback Mountain, Heath and Jake for playing those parts so beautifully, 2 of my very dear gay friends and for equality for everyone. I would love everyone here to hear it as my special tribute to Heath Ledger at this incredibly sad time. I am absolutely devastated by the news. We have lost an actor with integrity...a very rare thing these days. His performance as Ennis has affected me like no other in my lifetime. . I am going though my days with a lump in my throat, a pain in my heart and a whole in my spirit.

Anyway...if you’d like to listen, you can hear it uploaded on:

http://www.myspace.com/ret4  -- and it is set as the first song to auto play.

This isn't about promoting a song -- it never was from the start -- It's more about promoting change and touching hearts. I hope Heath can hear it and knows just how much his performance as Ennis has meant to so many people. He changed minds and hearts -- not to mention lives.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you’ll listen.

Loretta
http://www.myspace.com/ret4
"Magic is magic no matter how it comes to you or how long overdue or how you say it's name." Peter Allen ("Interesting Changes" 1977)

Offline jerasjr

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1545 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Loretta, a wonderful contribution here - am glad that ;you shared that with us...
Welcome, and enjoy the forum.
"A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #1546 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Loretta - Your song is a beautiful piece and touching tribute.

Offline masetane

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1547 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:00 PM »
I think this post belongs here - if not, let me know...

I was reading some articles and one at ew.com mentioned that Heath's Joker posters for Batman are already up in theaters but that they will likely change them out.

I couldn't help but think why? That was his work, he was probably proud of it...why take it out?  It personally doesn't make me upset but smile to see that his work is still up and he's not forgotten.   :\'(  This is what I meant before, that part of me is upset that he will be forgotten.....I don't see how it's possible.

So why on earth would they remove his posters for a project that he worked so hard for.  I wonder if that would upset him?  Or am I looking at it the wrong way and should be more sensitive too it? I like seeing his image around you know? 

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1548 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Originally posted on an Australian site.  I take it as quoted from the Heath Memorial Thread on IHJ:

------------------------------
chica says
I snatched this from an Australian blog, made me cry, and it is the most wonderful piece of work that I have ever read:

Is it right to grieve for someone never known.
Is it right to cry for someone never touched.
Is it right to mourn for someone never kissed.
Is it ok to feel sorrow for one not spoken to.
Is it ok to feel loss for one never seen.
Is it ok to be devastated for one taken from us.
Heath has a smile that makes me smile.
Heath has a voice that makes me listen.
Heath has a heart that makes me love.
For a smile I'll never see
For a voice I'll never hear
For a heart I'll never love.
For a soul so pure
And a beauty so perfect
For a talent so rare.
I'm grieving and crying
I'm mourning, feel lost.
A special heart, a good man
A knight and a legend.
Taken from us too early
When will this pain of losing you heal.
I'll miss you Heath.
Rest in Peace Sweetheart.

*CREDITS TO KARA OF UK!!!*

------------------------------

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1549 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Beautiful song Loretta. ^f^

Thank you for sharing that piece tpe. :^^)

masetane, I feel the same way you do. Those posters are to advertise a project that he put a lot of effort into and got a lot of enjoyment out of. I know that a lot of people have said that they don't want to see TDK now, some because they just don't want that character to be the last image they have of him, and I understand that too, but like you, I don't find it healing to try to 'erase' him in effect. I don't know. I guess it's different for everyone. But I think we know that there are many many people (many right here, in fact) that have no intention of lettng him be forgotten, and I think time will show that he has an enduring presence long after his fans, and even his family and close friends, have healed and continued on with their lives. :ghug:

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline JAKELANDIA

• Jack
  • Tus palabras suenan como susurros en las montañas
« Reply #1550 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:17 PM »

And I will love you, baby - Always
And I'll be there forever and a day - Always
I'll be there till the stars don't shine
Till the heavens burst and
The words don't rhyme
And I know when I die, you'll be on my mind
And I'll love you - Always

Bon Jovi

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #1551 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Loretta. I am a new member and this is my first post. I am a heterosexual female, but Brokeback Mountain had a profound affect on me…for lots of reasons and on many levels. The first time I saw the movie I sobbed uncontrollably…the second time my eyes remained dry, but I was left with a clenching in my chest that I could not loosen. It was then that – hoping to purge some of the heartache – I wrote a poem called “Jack, I Swear”. It remained a poem for almost 2 years until a good friend wrote some music. I went to Nashville in early December and had it recorded as a demo (sung by my co-writer.) It was written in honor of Brokeback Mountain, Heath and Jake for playing those parts so beautifully, 2 of my very dear gay friends and for equality for everyone. I would love everyone here to hear it as my special tribute to Heath Ledger at this incredibly sad time. I am absolutely devastated by the news. We have lost an actor with integrity...a very rare thing these days. His performance as Ennis has affected me like no other in my lifetime. . I am going though my days with a lump in my throat, a pain in my heart and a whole in my spirit.

Anyway...if you’d like to listen, you can hear it uploaded on:

http://www.myspace.com/ret4  -- and it is set as the first song to auto play.

This isn't about promoting a song -- it never was from the start -- It's more about promoting change and touching hearts. I hope Heath can hear it and knows just how much his performance as Ennis has meant to so many people. He changed minds and hearts -- not to mention lives.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you’ll listen.

Loretta
http://www.myspace.com/ret4

:t) ^f^ that song is totally amazing. What a lovely tribute and lovely song. Thankyou for sharing that with us x

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #1552 on: Jan 30, 2008, 02:06 PM »
   Very often, since joining this forum, I have regretted some of my posts, for they were too personal, and when you get personal, you sense
that you have exposed yourself to ridicule and incredulity: Where did THAT guy show up from?  I kinda feel there'll be less of that as
I feel I am growing into a quieter person, and that will hold up.
   Even so, these days, I have stuck by my admittedly strange belief that some of us were meant to cross paths, for whatever reason,
have said, again and again, there's more to life than we can understand, and that Heath was meant to cross our paths in life.
   And I know that some of this is rational and can be supported, and some of it is pumped up by our own minds, seeking meaning out of chaos.
But I will post a personal experience, irrational, easily brushed off as the workings of a mind in grief.  I told it to Ayashae, and I will tell it here.
  When I spent my summers in Washington, D.C., as a young man, there was a building on Connecticut Ave., near DuPont Circle that just made
me feel disoriented, chilled and uneasy.  So much so that I avoided that block, to avoid seeing that building. I just thought it was a quirk, and
brushed it off, and did what I felt was comfortable.
  It is a duplicate of the building on Bloome St., where Heath died. Part of me says this is a nothing coincidence. Part of me remembers, I never
had a reaction to a building before or since, making this highly unusual.  Which one will I settle on?  At this point, it doesn't make any difference.
For me, there is evidence of both-  nothing,  and everything.

Offline mikele

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this, just like this, always...
« Reply #1553 on: Jan 30, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Just few french words I've done for Ennis to Jack, but now it's better to say "for Jack to Ennis"

Alors, ce jour là, j'ai compris que même le soleil avait perdu son éclat, que plus rien ne serait comme avant; la douceur de ton visage si chère à mon coeur paraissait déjà s'estomper, tout ce qui m'entourait n'avait plus d'importance. J'aurais voulu crier mon désespoir à en perdre la voix, à tarir la source de mes larmes au vent des montagnes, mais pourtant, c'est à chaque fois qu'une image douce et furtive du passé s'emparait de ma mémoire. Un sentiment d'une infinie solitude me submerge chaque jour, à chaque instant, mais tout le meilleur de toi est ancré en moi, comme soudé à jamais en mon coeur. Je sais maintenant que tu es à mes côtés Ennis, que lorsque je tombe à genoux tu es là pour me relever, et ton souffle, l'odeur de ta peau, tes caresses, je les ressens encore; j'entends parfois ta voix comme une brise courrir des sommets jusqu'aux plaines et s'engouffrer dans mon âme avec une douce sensation d'amour enfin retrouvé...Ennis je serai toujours là, j'ai toujours besoin de cela,.... besoin de toi.
As the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly, not to the music, but something else, some place else, a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been except a deer, and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.............

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1554 on: Jan 30, 2008, 02:57 PM »
My plates came in the mail today. I braved the below freezing weather and hurricane force winds to put them on my car. Here's a crappy phone pic:

Excuse my dirty car. It's been snowy.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1555 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Oh Carby, good on you. :ghug:

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #1556 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:11 PM »
My plates came in the mail today. I braved the below freezing weather and hurricane force winds to put them on my car. Here's a crappy phone pic:

Heath Andrew Ledger 1979-2008

What a touching gesture Carby... :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1557 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Thank you, Keren. Hope you're doing alright, sweetie  :ghug:

babytammy7

« Reply #1558 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:12 PM »

Carby, that's amazingly beautiful!!! OMG!!!  :\'(  :\'(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1559 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Quoted from Tony:

Even so, these days, I have stuck by my admittedly strange belief that some of us were meant to cross paths, for whatever reason,
have said, again and again, there's more to life than we can understand, and that Heath was meant to cross our paths in life.

Tony, I believe this strongly myself, and also believe it about Heath. We were lucky, but perhaps also chosen, to be the recipients of his gifts, to be the generation that discovered Brokeback Mountain, and I fully believe I was meant to come here and meet the people I've met.

So was your experience just an odd happenstance or part of something bigger? As you said, it doesn't matter. But, like you, I keep my mind open.

And since BBM was in many ways about opening people's minds, I guess it means in some ways we've come full circle. :ghug: