Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729472 times)

Offline jessicat80

• For every Jack, there's an
  • Ennis
  • until we meet again
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #3030 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:21 PM »
:ghug: Tony. I can't really say it any better than anyone else has already done in the beautiful replies to you. But there is nothing wrong with grieiving or how we do it. We can't help when things hit us out of the clear blue, for example, I had something hit me at my daughter's soccer game today that triggered the tears, so no where is safe. You know we are all here for you when it starts to crash down or even before it gets to that- we'll be here tomorrow, next week or even a year from now.   :ghug: :ghug:

Oh yes Michelle, those awful "triggers" are everywhere. I went to Disney this weekend and thought I'd be ok escaping Heath's birthday in the "happiest place on earth". Of course not. We walked by the teacup ride, and I thought of one of the last photos I had seen of him before his death (I haven't seen it anywhere since?) . It was a photo taken by someone (not paps) in line for the teacup ride, and they let on a bunch of VIPs on first and she noticed it was Heath and his daughter Matilda, so she took a photo. Those triggers are everywhere, but they just remind us that we still care strongly about things....anything. Having those strong feelings remind us that we are alive, and that's definitely a good thing ^f^  Love and hugs to you all, Jess:)  :^^) :ghug:
"I’d rather live in his world…..than live without him….in mine."                                       (Midnight Train to Georgia)

Offline totc

• Cassie
  • Precious baby, thank you
« Reply #3031 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:23 PM »
I think I understand what you are saying here, Tony, and to some extent I feel the same thing.

...Then it turned out the general outline of him was absolutely true and yet so much more, so much better, and even any faults just made for more humanity to him. It was like getting hit by a truck to find out I had him right, but that there was 100 times more.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
but I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep

---Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3032 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:23 PM »
 :ghug: to you Jess

but they just remind us that we still care strongly about things....anything. Having those strong feelings remind us that we are alive, and that's definitely a good thing Well said and so true.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline totc

• Cassie
« Reply #3033 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:28 PM »
... We walked by the teacup ride, and I thought of one of the last photos I had seen of him before his death (I haven't seen it anywhere since?) .

I had exactly the same thoughts Jess, when passing by the teacup ride.

Those triggers are everywhere, but they just remind us that we still care strongly about things....anything. Having those strong feelings remind us that we are alive, and that's definitely a good thing.

Well said and so true. To celebrate life is a way of thanking Heath for the inspirations and strength he passed on to me through his work, I feel.

Offline totc

• Cassie
« Reply #3034 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:30 PM »
I can't believe we just said exactly the same thing, LuvJackNasty  <^(

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3035 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:35 PM »
That we did and welcome to forum  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline totc

• Cassie
« Reply #3036 on: Apr 06, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Thanks and I know I said it before but I'll say it again: I love this forum and all you incredibly sensitive, insightful and funny people each with a big heart. I am glad to be here.  <^(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #3037 on: Apr 07, 2008, 01:13 PM »
     Well, Brokie in trouble, today.  Me.  For some reason, I had thought getting past Heath's birthday would be a big step forward on a lot of personal healing where I had thought I had been doing very, very well, anyway.  Don't know how or why but today I crashed bad for the first time since 1/22.
So much for theories.  Please let me bleed a little today, as that would help.
   I had a sort of secret when I came to this forum, and that was that I had a great respect for Heath as someone who represented the opposite of everything I did not like going on in my life.  And in the world.  I had seen BBM, was bowled over, but Heath Ledger was just one of the actors, and no big deal.  Then, on the DVD, there were interviews with Heath, the person, and I saw ruggednesss and sensitivity, intelligence without ego, that goofy sense of humor and DAMN - - the friend I'd always wanted.  So I joined the forum to be around people who respected the movie, yes, but also to be around those who also thought well of Heath. It was a way to explore the movie, but also have a friendship from a distance.
  But I had never trolled the photos much, nor read all the interviews---Heath was....Heath.  Why bother?  When he died, though, there was a deluge of information, a fleshing out of the person, and this time, I read and found so much more to him, making the loss so much more to the worse.  Just as I was learning so much more to the good, then, was exactly when he was gone.
  I remember doing fairly well on this thread, and trying to console others.  I didn't go weepy, but held back.  PM's helped a lot.  I had never socialized much by PM, but had a river of PM's and e-mails that were a great help.  Most came to me, and I wouldn't mention the names of those that were intense and prolonged, but can mention and thank those who, out of common decency, checked in once, or more often, including LD, Jer, Michelle, Ayashae, Alicia, and, of course, Andrew.  I couldn't write to Baby Tammy as we would have both have been a mess-she gets me emotional.
  I didn't do so well when I originated PM's.  I sent a few off to Kathy, during a confused 1-2 days, she was kindness itself, but she's probably still scratching her head over a brief period when I was doing research on Heath and it was all garbled.
  Then there were the posts.  I noticed FlowerChild put aside her own grief and rushed to help others.  I saw Keren's posts and was miserable over an occasion when I had been rude to her, months before.  And now, here I was, dependent on Keren for her work on the photo & interview pages.
Having been a jerk, all I could do was grieve along with her, separately.
  The most beautiful help came from people I'd never met, who don't post much, so I can't mention them.  Welshwitch, who is my favorite Brokie, for her wit and good will, was of the other kind, someone I wrote and she was kind enough to write back.
  But it was all a blur, the memorial threads, the PM's and a sense that things would get better.  And they always did. I got through 10 weeks so well, am almost ashamed I could just bumble along, read the beautiful poetry, help out where I could, and feel so very good about those that wrote me of their hurts, that I could help.
  But today - out of nowhere, it finally caught up with me.  There's no going back.  The blur is now a sharp focus.  A good man I wanted to think of as the best possible friend in a world of too much malice, really is gone.  Why today, I don't know.  Maybe it's progress, moving out of the blur and just accepting, fully and finally, there isn't any going back.  Thanks for letting me bleed a little.  The way I see it, each of us meets that day of transition,
and it can really be a sting, as one door closes and you have to look for another that will open up.  Sorry for getting personal. A very rough day.

Oh Tony  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: You have nothing to apologize for. Grief works that way, I guess, it hits you at the most unexpected times... and sometimes you think you're over it and doing realy well, and then it hits again. You can't always be strong for others, you realy did your best to support other people and there are times when you should lean on others, and let others comfort you. Everything you said about Heath was so true. He was a unique person. The more we learn about him, the bigger the loss gets :\'(. It's only natural to break down and crash from time to time, and it will probably happen again... and you should just let that happen, because it's okay to grieve, and you're not alone in it.

As for me, I can't even remember when were you rude to me, maybe we had a disagreement but I can't remember you being rude, so it certainly couldn't have been anything serious! And it's a shame that you'd feel bad over something that I can't recall. I am not offended by you in any way, I assure you  ^f^ ^f^. Please, don't feel bad. I'm happy that the photos I post bring some comfort to you. Heath is a beauty, inside and out.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #3038 on: Apr 07, 2008, 01:32 PM »
  Dear Keren - That was very kind of you.  Yeah, we're all subject to crashes, and mine was yesterday, and caught me by surprise.  I did see a post of yours, one time, where you said Heath was complex and you kind of liked that.  That was the area of my crash, as I had a simplistic take on him and then discovered that basic view was true, but there was so much more.  And all of that so much more fleshed him out as a person, making the loss that much to the worse.
  But again, the work you have done on the photos and interviews, all this time, has been a major part of the heritage of this forum.  I know others do a lot of work there, but you've held down the fort, all along.  I didn't appreciate that until I needed it, and there it was.  And I saw, for the first time, your passion for Heath, and felt bad when you posted of your own hurts, as I knew they were based on a faithful love.  All I know is, you were there for all of us, and I kinda sorta think a lot of the guest visitors see what you have done as well.  From me, thanks.  Love, Tony.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #3039 on: Apr 07, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Tony, I'm sending you a big big hug  :ghug:. Thank you for your wonderful words.

I read this again, today, and it brought tears to my eyes... again. Diana Ossana's tribute to Heath, in The Advocate:

'Heath was an old soul in a young man's frame, extremely masculine, extremely competent in all things, and yet sensitive beyond belief. In person Heath was animated and kinetic and full of life, far different from the character he portrayed in Brokeback Mountain. He was always disheveled, unconcerned with his appearance, because - like my writing partner, Larry McMurtry - Heath lived in his head. Heath was a pure actor, much like Larry is a pure writer, and I was moved by the similarities between these two seemingly very different men.'

'One of my most endearing memories of working with Heath on set was the day we filmed the final scene in Brokeback. Before the first take, Heath walked over to me, a big smile on his face, and said, "I think you're going to like what I've done with this scene." Then he headed inside that bleak little trailer house, and the cameras rolled. I watched the monitor as Ennis opened his tiny closet door and revealed the two shirts he had found hidden inside Jack's childhood bedroom, like skins, one inside the other... and realized that Heath, as Ennis, had chosen to reverse the order of those shirts, with his on the outside, embracing Jack's. Such was Heath's commitment to the truth of our story and to the rawness and depth of his portrayal. Afterward our grizzled and thoroughly macho first assistant director marched over to me, bent down, and whispered in my ear, "Diana, I've worked in this business 50 years. This is the first time an actor's brought a tear to my eye".'

'Heath was generous and dear, painfully shy and gifted, and I will miss him for the rest of my days.'
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3040 on: Apr 07, 2008, 02:07 PM »
Tony, I'm sending you a big big hug  :ghug:. Thank you for your wonderful words.

I read this again, today, and it brought tears to my eyes... again. Diana Ossana's tribute to Heath, in The Advocate:

'Heath was an old soul in a young man's frame, extremely masculine, extremely competent in all things, and yet sensitive beyond belief. In person Heath was animated and kinetic and full of life, far different from the character he portrayed in Brokeback Mountain. He was always disheveled, unconcerned with his appearance, because - like my writing partner, Larry McMurtry - Heath lived in his head. Heath was a pure actor, much like Larry is a pure writer, and I was moved by the similarities between these two seemingly very different men.'

'One of my most endearing memories of working with Heath on set was the day we filmed the final scene in Brokeback. Before the first take, Heath walked over to me, a big smile on his face, and said, "I think you're going to like what I've done with this scene." Then he headed inside that bleak little trailer house, and the cameras rolled. I watched the monitor as Ennis opened his tiny closet door and revealed the two shirts he had found hidden inside Jack's childhood bedroom, like skins, one inside the other... and realized that Heath, as Ennis, had chosen to reverse the order of those shirts, with his on the outside, embracing Jack's. Such was Heath's commitment to the truth of our story and to the rawness and depth of his portrayal. Afterward our grizzled and thoroughly macho first assistant director marched over to me, bent down, and whispered in my ear, "Diana, I've worked in this business 50 years. This is the first time an actor's brought a tear to my eye".'

'Heath was generous and dear, painfully shy and gifted, and I will miss him for the rest of my days.'

Keren, I love that story, it's so beautiful.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline sassym

• Alma Jr.
  • Ya know it could be like this, just like this alwa
« Reply #3041 on: Apr 07, 2008, 02:10 PM »
:ghug: to everyone. We first went to Spring Natural Restaurant and then Miro Cafe. The places where Heath used to hang out. LJN, thanks for the pix.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/24/2008-01-24_in_soho_heath_ledger_was_scruffy_loner.html

Michelle held the article in front of the apartment.

Chess area in Washington Square.

Going to those places was not easy but it was more bearable and special to be with Brokies. It warmed me to see the bounding we have. I know we are under Heath's blessing. Thank you, Heath, wherever you are.

There is so much love coming off this page, it's impossible to describe. 
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2008, 09:19 PM by ethan »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ennis Del Mar: We can get together... once in a while, way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, but...
Jack Twist: Once in a while? Every four fu**in' years?
Ennis Del Mar: If you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it.
Jack Twist: For how long?
Ennis Del Mar: For as long as we can ride it. There ain't no reins on this one.

Morning

« Reply #3042 on: Apr 07, 2008, 08:10 PM »

Keren,
Thanks for sharing this beautiful storyline about Heath. It touches me tenderly.

~ Morning

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #3043 on: Apr 07, 2008, 09:42 PM »
I remember, earlier on in this thread, many members started to have Heath-related dreams...but I, never had one. Yesterday, I finally had that dream.

It was short and sudden and at first, I couldn't tell who it was. It was dark, and someone was crying, not just a few tears, but breaking down, crying. The man gathered himself up and walked out of the room, wiping tears, in an almost daze, looking around, watching people look at him, confused. I saw that it was Heath. He walked around and it was like he didn't even know he was dead but everyone else knew. I don't remember everything else that happened after that, but my last vision of him, before leaving my dream, was him, young and innocent, looking at me with these soft, kind, endearing eyes, a very small smile on his face as he leaned his arm aganist the door heading and then finally he looked away and walked out the door. I still, cannot get my mind wrapped around on what the dream meant, but that own image of him at the end still is clear in my mind.  :-\\

P.S. Keren, that quote from The Adovate is beautiful and SO well written, the way she talked about our beloved Heath  :\'(  :\'(
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3044 on: Apr 07, 2008, 10:51 PM »
 :ghug: LD Try to take comfort from the dream and focus on the last vision of him. I had a dream where I got a hug about a month ago and in the "real world" it may not mean anything but to me it meant so much.  :ghug:

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3045 on: Apr 07, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Let me throw in some  :ghug: too.

My take on that is that he was processing a lot of things at first, and then having found what he needed, transformed from that sad person into the younger looking, happier, free person that you saw when he turned and left, leaving you with a reassuring smile.  :)

That's just my interpretation and not meant to be an authoritative comment of any kind. The dream means whatever it says to you. I'm glad you have that image of him smiling before he left. :ghug:
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #3046 on: Apr 07, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Oh Tony  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: You have nothing to apologize for. Grief works that way, I guess, it hits you at the most unexpected times... and sometimes you think you're over it and doing realy well, and then it hits again. You can't always be strong for others, you realy did your best to support other people and there are times when you should lean on others, and let others comfort you. Everything you said about Heath was so true. He was a unique person. The more we learn about him, the bigger the loss gets :\'(. It's only natural to break down and crash from time to time, and it will probably happen again... and you should just let that happen, because it's okay to grieve, and you're not alone in it.

As for me, I can't even remember when were you rude to me, maybe we had a disagreement but I can't remember you being rude, so it certainly couldn't have been anything serious! And it's a shame that you'd feel bad over something that I can't recall. I am not offended by you in any way, I assure you  ^f^ ^f^. Please, don't feel bad. I'm happy that the photos I post bring some comfort to you. Heath is a beauty, inside and out.

I am glad to see this exchange between you two. I have been learning to overcome my own sense of guilt over things I've done, and anger over things others have done. It's one of the most difficult challenges of mine. And interestingly enough, I achieved a bit of a breakthrough today, thinking of Heath's old soul, and how our lives are interconnected in so many ways, that life is too precious to spend even a minute getting angry or feeling sad over something that others may not even remember. So I have made a conscious decision today to live life with joy and peace again. Although the sadness still come in waves from time to time, I managed to fend them off, and surf to new heights, reveling in the joy of living instead. I have made a few conscious choices in my life, choices that I remember many years later. This is one of them. I've always wondered how people who are so even tempered, how they do it. Now I think I see it. It is conscious effort, and a lot of work, constantly being reminded, to see the bigger mosaic, and not the tiny beads.

It's easier now, to remind myself to be gentle and kind, when I am constantly reminded, how Heath lived his life. I just needed a role model. So the constant sadness of missing Heath is now replaced by a constant reminder to live as he did. I don't know if this makes sense, but it came to me the other day, that Heath was the answer to a prayer I once had, to have a tangible, more personal example of love and faith, than the ones taught in churches and in the Bible. It never occurred to me all these months, until just this week. I know Heath is much bigger than that, than little old me, but I am grateful, for even a small piece of this gift. It is why he will always be in my heart, always.
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #3047 on: Apr 07, 2008, 11:24 PM »
I am glad to see this exchange between you two. I have been learning to overcome my own sense of guilt over things I've done, and anger over things others have done. It's one of the most difficult challenges of mine. And interestingly enough, I achieved a bit of a breakthrough today, thinking of Heath's old soul, and how our lives are interconnected in so many ways, that life is too precious to spend even a minute getting angry or feeling sad over something that others may not even remember. So I have made a conscious decision today to live life with joy and peace again. Although the sadness still come in waves from time to time, I managed to fend them off, and surf to new heights, reveling in the joy of living instead. I have made a few conscious choices in my life, choices that I remember many years later. This is one of them. I've always wondered how people who are so even tempered, how they do it. Now I think I see it. It is conscious effort, and a lot of work, constantly being reminded, to see the bigger mosaic, and not the tiny beads.

It's easier now, to remind myself to be gentle and kind, when I am constantly reminded, how Heath lived his life. I just needed a role model. So the constant sadness of missing Heath is now replaced by a constant reminder to live as he did. I don't know if this makes sense, but it came to me the other day, that Heath was the answer to a prayer I once had, to have a tangible, more personal example of love and faith, than the ones taught in churches and in the Bible. It never occurred to me all these months, until just this week. I know Heath is much bigger than that, than little old me, but I am grateful, for even a small piece of this gift. It is why he will always be in my heart, always.

This is so beautiful.  We would all do well to have Heath as a role model.  And to not waste precious time in our lives being unkind or being unreasonably hurt by unkindness.  I'm glad you feel an answer has come to you...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Morning

« Reply #3048 on: Apr 08, 2008, 12:25 AM »
LD,
Some say that dreams are our way of manifesting hidden feelings. Some say that dreams are our way of communicating with others - deceased and alive.
I would only say that you are so blessed to have had that dream; whatever you may decide it means.

~Morning

Offline Marj

• Jack + Ennis
  • Save a horse, Ride a cowboy
« Reply #3049 on: Apr 08, 2008, 06:51 AM »

I've got your rainbows seen your sunbeams
I know a place where heaven breathes
And it's through her window
Your baby girl's window

I know you're happy where you are
Singing to the moon talking to the stars
Through her window
Your baby girl's window

There's finger marks around her soul
But your laughter fills the hole
Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Aaah I wish you would stay
Aaah to see what she made of herself

People say you were gone too soon
I see your face when flowers bloom
Through her window
Your baby girl's window

I'm looking for the words to say
Something to take the pain away
Through her window

Robbie Williams - Baby Girl Window
Jack Twist: "...so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain...I wish I knew how to quit you."

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3050 on: Apr 08, 2008, 06:52 AM »

Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window

The words and the pictures are beautiful!!  ^f^

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3051 on: Apr 08, 2008, 07:47 AM »
Thank you for sharing that Anaconda. It really is beautiful. :\'(  <^(
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #3052 on: Apr 08, 2008, 10:22 AM »

Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window

The pics and the words are just beautiful.
Thank you for posting them¡   ^f^
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #3053 on: Apr 08, 2008, 10:30 AM »

Your words have been wise,as always,Andrew.Thanks to sharing them with all of us,because they give us a lesson of how living our life in the best way for ourselves and to celebrate Heath and his own life.If we only think for a moment in life's fragility,it's sure we learn to live it more fully,without bitterness that now drawn us and make drawn the ones who surround us...It will be a hard and rocky way to learn this,the same than learn to live without him,but we should try; enjoy having known him and what he has left to all of us,instead of crying for what we've lost.He deserves it, and he always will. ^f^
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline Marj

• Jack + Ennis
  • Save a horse, Ride a cowboy
« Reply #3054 on: Apr 08, 2008, 03:05 PM »
The words and the pictures are beautiful!!  ^f^

Thank you for sharing that Anaconda. It really is beautiful. :\'(  <^(

The pics and the words are just beautiful.Thank you for posting them¡   ^f^

Thank you very much girls  ^f^
When i heard the lyrics i was in tears and immediately had to think of Heath...
The lyrics are so fitting for the situation..
Jack Twist: "...so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain...I wish I knew how to quit you."

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #3055 on: Apr 08, 2008, 03:48 PM »

Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window
Your baby girl's window

Through her window

Anaconda, Robbie Williams words are so beautiful and it's scary how much it relates to Heath and how he now will be looking at the world, through this Matildas "window"  :\'(
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2008, 04:22 PM by keren_b »

-- Noah Mayer

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #3056 on: Apr 08, 2008, 03:54 PM »

Thank you everybody for your interpretations about the dream.
Morning, I do believe that dreams are connection to others, or spirits, even though not everyone I know says the same...
And FC, I love your words:

"he was processing a lot of things at first, and then having found what he needed, transformed from that sad person into the younger looking, happier, free person that you saw when he turned and left, leaving you with a reassuring smile."

That interpretation is what I was trying to find, graps from the dream and I'd like to think thats what it meant to me. The smile wasn't big, but it was, like you said, ressausing, saying to me like "I'm ok", which always breaks my heart  :-\\

-- Noah Mayer

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3057 on: Apr 08, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Thank you everybody for your interpretations about the dream.
Morning, I do believe that dreams are connection to others, or spirits, even though not everyone I know says the same...
And FC, I love your words:

"he was processing a lot of things at first, and then having found what he needed, transformed from that sad person into the younger looking, happier, free person that you saw when he turned and left, leaving you with a reassuring smile."

That interpretation is what I was trying to find, graps from the dream and I'd like to think thats what it meant to me. The smile wasn't big, but it was, like you said, ressausing, saying to me like "I'm ok", which always breaks my heart  :-\\

Hugs to you.  I know how you feel.   :ghug: :ghug:

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #3058 on: Apr 10, 2008, 01:20 AM »
Your words have been wise,as always,Andrew.Thanks to sharing them with all of us,because they give us a lesson of how living our life in the best way for ourselves and to celebrate Heath and his own life.If we only think for a moment in life's fragility,it's sure we learn to live it more fully,without bitterness that now drawn us and make drawn the ones who surround us...It will be a hard and rocky way to learn this,the same than learn to live without him,but we should try; enjoy having known him and what he has left to all of us,instead of crying for what we've lost.He deserves it, and he always will. ^f^

Thank you myprivatejack, byt I am the one who learns a lot here. All the news articles, the links to tributes by Heath's friends, people who knew him and worked with him, telling stories and anecdotes, each word, each story, painting another part of the big picture, so huge, so deep that even now, his closest friends are surprised by the outpouring of love from all over, from all kinds of people. Heath's gift was to touch the heart and soul of people he met, any where, any time, any one. He touched me through the character of Ennis, in a way that no one else could. If Jack was the key that opened Ennis' heart and released the passion and love there, then Heath was the key that opened my heart, as I am sure, he was to many others.

After the shock of loss, now comes the hard work, of making life work with the feeling of emptiness still fresh, still hurting. But it is not so hard, when we have the many happy memories of a life lived without regret, without wasted minutes.

I found a video the other day, while browsing youtube in random, and thought right the way that it was perfect for someone I knew who could use it at that moment. I sent it to him, but did not realize that I was the intended recipient. It is now one of my favorite songs. It is one of a few songs that I listen to everyday, to draw strength, to gain energy, and to remind myself to remember the good memories with smiles and laughter, not tears and grief. There is a time for everything, and now is the time to live life as Heath lived it. It is hard to believe that it's only been 80 days. But if we can go around the world in 80 days a century ago, then we can turn a page over the grief, and begin a new journey of honoring Heath with our joy of living life as he would want us to live, full of optimism, filled with energy, and radiating love and sincerity.

Here is the link to the video at youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_zi4OxJpY0

The song is called My Wish, by Rascal Flatts. Here are the words, which are also in the video.

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
and each road leads you where you want to go,
and if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
and if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' 'til you find the window,
if it's cold outside,
show the world the warmth of your smile,
but more than anything, more than anything,

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
all the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
and you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
and always give more then you take.

But more than anything, Yeah, and more than anything,

your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
this is my wish
i hope you know somebody loves you
may all your dreams stay big
(Repeat)
(Chorus)

:ghug: to everyone here  :c)
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #3059 on: Apr 10, 2008, 01:38 AM »

What a beautiful painting, I adore people with drawing talents, that I don't have...
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."