Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1723843 times)

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #3660 on: Jun 29, 2008, 02:05 PM »
Thanks for posting the vids :^^) the first one is really cute and sweet. I just love his voice, so friendly, but when the BBM clip came on my eyes started to fill :\'( :\'( and him talking about his girls....

The 2nd had me crying like crazy :\'( :\'( :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3661 on: Jun 29, 2008, 02:07 PM »
Me too Em. :ghug:  :^^)
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline lamusica

• Ennis
« Reply #3662 on: Jun 29, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Read an interview this morning with Christian Bale in which he freely talked about Heath.  It put to rest any thought that he might have been jealous of all the thunder Heath is getting because of TDK.  He talked about how much he misses him and how charasmatic he was -- how it was great to work with his everyday for months, but then how heartbreaking it was to lose him.  Christian did a great job expressing how so many friends and co-workers felt about Heath. But, of course, this all brought on the tears once again!  Oh, well.......
"Let's put a SSSSMILE on your faceeee!"

Offline mikele

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this, just like this, always...
« Reply #3663 on: Jun 29, 2008, 03:04 PM »

Le temps qu’il nous reste

Quelle importance le temps qu'il nous reste
Nous aurons la chance de vieillir ensemble
Au fond de tes yeux vivra ma tendresse
Au fond de mon cœur vivra ta jeunesse

Comme une prière du temps de l'enfance
Ces mots sur tes lèvres me donnent confiance
Je nous imagine ta main dans la mienne
Nos moindres sourires voudront dire je t'aime

Mais l'un de nous s'en ira le premier
Il fermera ses yeux à jamais
Dans un tout dernier sourire
Et l'autre en perdant la moitié de sa vie
Restera chaque jour dans la nuit
Son cœur bien sûr battra mais pour qui mais pourquoi

Ton pas résonne la porte s'entrouvre
Mon cœur bat plus vite et je te retrouve
Quand nos mains se tiennent j'oublie tout le reste
J'ai l'impression même que le temps s'arrête

Mais l'un de nous s'en ira le premier
Il fermera ses yeux à jamais
Dans un tout dernier sourire
Un jour l'un de nous sera trop fatigué
S'en ira presque heureux le premier
Et l'autre s'en tarder viendra le retrouver

Je nous imagine ta main dans la mienne
Nos moindres sourires voudront dire je t'aime

The time we have left

How important time we have left
We will have the chance to grow old together
At the bottom of your eyes live my tenderness
At the bottom of my heart will live your youth

As a prayer in children time
These words on your lips give me confidence
I imagine us your hand in mine
Our smiles least want to say I love you

But one of us will be the first to leave
He closed his eyes forever
In a final smile
And another losing half of his life
It remains each day in the night
His heart beat, of course, but for that but why

Your footstep resonate the door is open
My heart beats faster and I'll find
When our hands are held I forget everything else
I have the feeling that the clock stops

But one of us will be the first
He closed his eyes forever
In a final smile
One day one of us will be too tired
And will go almost glad the first
And I will soon come and let's meet

I imagine us your hand in mine
Our smiles least want to say I love you
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2008, 03:39 PM by mikele »
As the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly, not to the music, but something else, some place else, a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been except a deer, and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.............

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #3664 on: Jun 29, 2008, 03:52 PM »
That's a heartbreaking song, mikele...  :\'(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #3665 on: Jun 29, 2008, 03:57 PM »

FC, the videos that you posted were both touching and endearing, yet so sad and tragic. The first one made me laugh, especially in the beginning. One of the kindest souls to all! The ending, when you saw his name and then all the people, all his fellow actors, clapping, bodies standing still, in the one moment for a man that truly, was something beyond compare..The second one, I can't even tell you how close to was to crying! The song fit him so well, it was scary. I loved the last bits, when they showed clip on clip, of his smiling face. That is one of the things I'll miss most about him..thank you FC for the posting the vids!
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #3666 on: Jun 29, 2008, 04:00 PM »

Here is a video I saw the other night, celebrating Heath and all the movies he has made..

It is truly beautiful, I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen watching this..
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #3667 on: Jun 29, 2008, 04:03 PM »

Here is a video I saw the other night, celebrating Heath and all the movies he has made..

It is truly beautiful, I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen watching this..

I saw that vid a couple of weeks ago, Its so beautiful but very sad and it makes me miss him so much more... :\'( :\'( :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #3668 on: Jun 29, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Thank you so much,Barb and Lis,for having sharing these amazing videos with all of us¡ :ghug: Even if the second one has been for me like a punch on the stomach;why everything about him hurts still so,so much? :\'(
And it's true that the most TDK premiere is approaching,the saddest we feel about him and his loss...It's like going back to the first days sensations,that great sadness that one could feel almost like a physical pain... I suppose it's logical,but it's painful too... :-\\
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #3669 on: Jun 29, 2008, 11:14 PM »
Ok, bear with me. I think this is going to be a little garbled. I found some videos on imdb today and one of them was from the 2006 AFI Awards. I'd seen this footage before and settled in to enjoy it again. It's funny and sweet and I was laughing and  smiling. It was five minutes in before I realized there was a tear in my eye as well. The point being that this is how it happens so often, for me anyway. It just sort of sneaks up on you, even in those moments that you're just enjoying the memory or celebrating his spirit. And it's not a big display, and it doesn't ruin the moment. I think it's just an indication that you cared about him and your body has the instinct to still feel those things and express them even when you're not consciuosly aware of it. I don't know if that made any sense. It's just the thought that popped into my head when I noticed it. Then the rest of the video was a little more bittersweet so the tear fit right into the tone. This it the link:

Then I watched the next video that was posted and now my little tear turned into a big puddle. It is beautiful and heartbreaking. I'd recommend tissues. I'm sorry if it hurts, but I couldn't not share it.  :ghug: to all. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Not rambling...  I know what you mean, about the body-feelings, that whatever else is in your head, the tear comes anyway, as it is right now.  God, what a sad, sad loss.  I just love Heath, body, mind and spirit.  Love the way he moves, I love his laugh, I even love that little cough.

I don't know how I hadn't seen that AFI 2006 video.  And the "One of the Brightest Stars" song is so apt.  Thank you much for posting.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

babytammy7

« Reply #3670 on: Jun 30, 2008, 07:59 AM »
Ok, bear with me. I think this is going to be a little garbled. I found some videos on imdb today and one of them was from the 2006 AFI Awards. I'd seen this footage before and settled in to enjoy it again. It's funny and sweet and I was laughing and  smiling. It was five minutes in before I realized there was a tear in my eye as well. The point being that this is how it happens so often, for me anyway. It just sort of sneaks up on you, even in those moments that you're just enjoying the memory or celebrating his spirit. And it's not a big display, and it doesn't ruin the moment. I think it's just an indication that you cared about him and your body has the instinct to still feel those things and express them even when you're not consciuosly aware of it. I don't know if that made any sense. It's just the thought that popped into my head when I noticed it. Then the rest of the video was a little more bittersweet so the tear fit right into the tone. This it the link:

Then I watched the next video that was posted and now my little tear turned into a big puddle. It is beautiful and heartbreaking. I'd recommend tissues. I'm sorry if it hurts, but I couldn't not share it.  :ghug: to all. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Thank you so much for this Barb. I laughed with the first one. When Heath kissed her I was totally melted away!! What a sweet tender man!! Then just thinking about it I started to cry, and it was when I saw the second one...and well, no words for it.... :\'( :\'( :\'( I saw there the most beautiful smile ever, those eyes full of infinite love and I felt so miserable, because he could be by our side right now, doing a lot of precious things, just living....but no, no..

Not rambling...  I know what you mean, about the body-feelings, that whatever else is in your head, the tear comes anyway, as it is right now.  God, what a sad, sad loss.  I just love Heath, body, mind and spirit.  Love the way he moves, I love his laugh, I even love that little cough.

kathy

You got me in tears Kathy. That's gorgeous and I share the feeling.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3671 on: Jun 30, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Kathy and Tammy:  :ghug:  And to whoever feels Heath's loss as something theirs.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3672 on: Jun 30, 2008, 09:30 AM »

I just watched these. I laughed during the AFI one again and this last one got me good.  :\'( Great choice of song too. It's that whole mix of being glad to have had him and then realizing that this is all we have.  :\'(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #3673 on: Jun 30, 2008, 06:31 PM »

Selfish angels,
why?
a thousand years
your blink,
our
tens and tens of lifetimes
each
measured by forever,
lived a minute
you just couldn't wait?
I hope our tears
stain your wings,
salt the crystal sea,
our painful cry
echo beyond celestial music.
Selfish angels,
why?
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2008, 06:55 PM by jessi »
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3674 on: Jun 30, 2008, 06:33 PM »
Aww Jessi, you did it again. It's just beautiful. :\'(  :ghug:

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #3675 on: Jun 30, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Aww Jessi, you did it again. It's just beautiful. :\'(  :ghug:

Thank you.  Trying to get through all the trailors, trying not to think about it.  Impossible but so much of life just moves on fast.  A blink.  I didadd the r to you though, lol. 

I don't post often but you guys are often on my heart.

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3676 on: Jul 01, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Thank you.  Trying to get through all the trailors, trying not to think about it.  Impossible but so much of life just moves on fast.  A blink.  I didadd the r to you though, lol. 
I don't post often but you guys are often on my heart.
jessi

And you and your beautiful poems in ours...   ^f^ 

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline maggie

• BBM Brokie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3677 on: Jul 01, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I just got this in my email and thought i'd share.  Apparently George Carlin (may he RIP) wrote this right after his wife died.

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

If you don't send this to at least 8 people....Who cares?

George Carlin   

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

babytammy7

« Reply #3678 on: Jul 01, 2008, 12:45 PM »

Selfish angels,
why?
a thousand years
your blink,
our
each
measured by forever,
lived a minute
you just couldn't wait?
I hope our tears
stain your wings,
salt the crystal sea,
our painful cry
Selfish angels,
why?

I love this, Jess. It gave me goosebumps. Thank you so much.

babytammy7

« Reply #3679 on: Jul 01, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Touching Shoulders

There's a comforting thought at the close of the day,
When I'm weary and lonely and sad,
That sort of grips hold of my aching sore heart
It bids it be merry and glad.
It gets in my soul and it drives out the blues,
And finally thrills through and through.
It is just a sweet memory that chants the refrain:
"I'm glad I touched shoulders with you!"

Did you know you were brave, did you know you were strong?
Did you know there was one leaning hard?
Did you know that I waited and listened and prayed,
And was cheered by your simplest word?
Did you know what I longed for that smile on your face,
For the sound of your voice ringing true?
Did you know I grew stronger and better because
I had merely touched shoulders with you?

I am glad that I live, that I battle and strive
For the place that I know I must fill;
I am thankful for sorrows, I'll meet with a grin
What fortunes may send, good or ill.
I may have great wealth, I may not be brave.
But I know I shall always be true,
For I have in my life that courage you gave
When once I rubbed shoulders with you.

-Unknown-

Today I miss him more than ever.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3680 on: Jul 01, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Tammy,is wonderful¡  ^f^  One of the many wonderful poems and thoughts for the most wonderful person. :\'(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3681 on: Jul 01, 2008, 05:39 PM »
Yes Tammy, it's wonderful and hits me on so many levels. :\'(  <^(

Especially:

It's so hard for me to express sometimes all the ways my feelings about Heath converge with my feelings about all of you, and the changes that have occurred in my life since what he and Jake (and Ang and Annie) did. The pieces of me that were reopened by BBM, and revitalized and healed by knowing you, are profoundly grateful for what he and Jake did (and the gracious way they did it) and how that touched me. Two years later, I really feel that I did grow stronger and better because I had merely touched shoulders with you, and in some extended way, with him. And for that, I am more thankful than you, or he, will ever know.

%) friends. Truly. And Heath too. And I don't give a damn anymore if people don't understand that.

Sorry, I'm very tired right now. But I meant every word. :ghug:

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3682 on: Jul 01, 2008, 05:44 PM »
There's already a long time since I don't give a damn for what people thinks...So,Barb :ghug:   %)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3683 on: Jul 01, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Thanks sweetie. :^^)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #3684 on: Jul 01, 2008, 06:32 PM »

Especially:

It's so hard for me to express sometimes all the ways my feelings about Heath converge with my feelings about all of you, and the changes that have occurred in my life since what he and Jake (and Ang and Annie) did. The pieces of me that were reopened by BBM, and revitalized and healed by knowing you, are profoundly grateful for what he and Jake did (and the gracious way they did it) and how that touched me. Two years later, I really feel that I did grow stronger and better because I had merely touched shoulders with you, and in some extended way, with him. And for that, I am more thankful than you, or he, will ever know.

%) friends. Truly. And Heath too. And I don't give a damn anymore if people don't understand that.

Gracias, amiga Tammy. Thanks so much, Barb. You both chose words that mean so much, resonate so clearly what I feel. And yes, Barb, I've reached a place where it matters not what anyone else think or say. It is a special place where I know I share with many of you, filled with love and gratitude and friendship.

:ghug: :^^) <^(
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #3685 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I just got this in my email and thought i'd share.  Apparently George Carlin (may he RIP) wrote this right after his wife died.

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

If you don't send this to at least 8 people....Who cares?

George Carlin  

Thanks for posting this maggie,  ^f^ it's so true and accurate. 
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3686 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:50 PM »

Selfish angels,
why?
a thousand years
your blink,
our
each
measured by forever,
lived a minute
you just couldn't wait?
I hope our tears
stain your wings,

salt the crystal sea,
our painful cry
Selfish angels,
why?

God that is so sad, yet so beautiful, Jessi  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3687 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:52 PM »

[/color]

I loved the whole thing, Maggie but especially this line- hugs convey so much without a word and we've all shared hugs here across the miles.  :ghug:

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3688 on: Jul 01, 2008, 10:06 PM »

Especially:

I will just have to ditto this entirely because in reading it I felt the same way.  :\'( We all walk our separate paths and then suddenly they converge and we're touching shoulders; some will walk with us for only a little while; some much longer and none of those moments are forgotten but rather kept safely in the heart where each path has it's own unique rhythm.  :ghug: and thank you everyone for not only touching shoulders but for giving them as well.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3689 on: Jul 01, 2008, 10:17 PM »
And I couldn't help but wonder did he know he was brave? Did he think he was strong? Did he realize how many people leaned on the lessons he helped us to learn? Could he ever know that we were cheered by his simplest word, that smile, and the sound of his voice?

Well I'm sure he knows it now. And I feel proud to be a part of this community, especially now when I find myself among people who are willing to stand up and say "He meant something to me and I will miss him."

And LJN, you really said that well:

"We all walk our separate paths and then suddenly they converge and we're touching shoulders; some will walk with us for only a little while; some much longer and none of those moments are forgotten but rather kept safely in the heart where each path has it's own unique rhythm.  :ghug: and thank you everyone for not only touching shoulders but for giving them as well."