Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729371 times)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4110 on: Sep 29, 2008, 01:37 AM »
During my lunch break today, I got to fixating on the beautiful sound of Heath's name...and felt compelled to write something for the name that means "vast, open moor" and has such a beautiful respiratory quality to it.

Heath

Soft, your name,
                                                                       It's like a breath,
                                                                      Respired, as a sigh
                                                                          ...Heath...
                                                                    Soft, and also ageless,
                                                                  A moor of untamed thyme
                                                                And flowering, purple heather
                                                                   Blooming sweet and free.

Precious, is the name
                                                                      Of he who wore it
                                                                          Like a glove
                                                                           ...Heath...
                                                                   It seems to whisper airily,
                                                                  It seems to speak to love
                                                                 In a timbre of wild heather,
                                                                      Blowing in the wind

Stately, is your name,
                                                                       A manor on the heath.
                                                                A sound so soft yet full of might,
                                                                            ...Heath...
                                                                It haunts my Wuthering Heights
                                                                And the vastness of the heather
                                                                     Growing with the thyme.     

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4111 on: Sep 29, 2008, 04:55 AM »
thats beautiful Laura ^f^
even more beautiful as I can say that it came from your heart..
Heath's memory is very precious to all of us..he gave us a lot....
We will forever be grateful to him for giving us Ennis....someone that can never be replaced in our hearts..
He was a great actor and beautiful human being...

He will always be very special to us and he will always be one of the best actors of all time

We will always love and miss him

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4112 on: Sep 29, 2008, 06:40 AM »
Beautiful poem,Laura¡ It's wonderful as his name and the feelings he awakes in us...Heath... :\'(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4113 on: Sep 29, 2008, 08:15 AM »
That is beautiful Laura.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #4114 on: Sep 29, 2008, 07:34 PM »

Amazing and beautiful Poem Laura  :\'( ^f^
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #4115 on: Sep 30, 2008, 04:13 AM »
laura u really have tones of talent and it's easy to see that u care bout heath as musch as we all do :^^)
thnks for sharing with us your poems and i hope you're going to make some more <^(
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4116 on: Sep 30, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Thanks guys, you're all sweet.   ^f^

Just a quick note about my Heath poem.  Thought I'd mention something about the significance of heather and thyme in the poem.  A friend of mine that visited yesterday read it and inquired as to why I'd included them.  Heather, I guess I just added, as it grows in the moorlands, and the name Heath is also supposedly derived from it.  Thyme is also found on the moors and heaths, but I included it as a reference to Heath playing a knight in AKT, since in medieval times, knights were given thyme before going to battle, to give them extra courage.  In the past it was also used funereally, placed on the coffin to help with the passage to the afterlife.  I suppose I was wanting to gift some metaphorical thyme to our beloved Heath. 
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2008, 11:15 PM by LauraLedger »

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4117 on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Wonderful your explanation and the symbolism of your poem,Laura¡ :clap: Yes,Heath deserves to be given some thyme because he was a knight who fought against injustices with his work and his position in life;and because he was a heartrobber too for his sweetness,beauty and tenderness about his family,friends and everybody who loved him. <^(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4118 on: Oct 01, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Thank you for the explanation Laura  :ghug:
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4119 on: Oct 01, 2008, 01:24 PM »
During my lunch break today, I got to fixating on the beautiful sound of Heath's name...and felt compelled to write something for the name that means "vast, open moor" and has such a beautiful respiratory quality to it.

Heath

Soft, your name,
                                                                       It's like a breath,
                                                                      Respired, as a sigh
                                                                          ...Heath...
                                                                    Soft, and also ageless,
                                                                  A moor of untamed thyme
                                                                   Blooming sweet and free.

Precious, is the name
                                                                      Of he who wore it
                                                                          Like a glove
                                                                           ...Heath...
                                                                   It seems to whisper airily,
                                                                  It seems to speak to love
                                                                 In a timbre of wild heather,
                                                                      Blowing in the wind

Stately, is your name,
                                                                       A manor on the heath.
                                                                A sound so soft yet full of might,
                                                                            ...Heath...
                                                                It haunts my Wuthering Heights
                                                                And the vastness of the heather
                                                                     Growing with the thyme.     

OMG !  Laura that poem is wonderful !  Is it from you ?  :clap: <^(
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline titabeille

• Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4120 on: Oct 01, 2008, 01:27 PM »

You are always in my heart dear Heath Ledger

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #4121 on: Oct 01, 2008, 02:54 PM »

Heath

Soft, your name,
                                                                       It's like a breath,
                                                                      Respired, as a sigh
                                                                          ...Heath...
                                                                    Soft, and also ageless,
                                                                  A moor of untamed thyme
                                                                   Blooming sweet and free.

Precious, is the name
                                                                      Of he who wore it
                                                                          Like a glove
                                                                           ...Heath...
                                                                           .....................

That's absolutely amazing !!
Thank you Laura for this beautiful poem and the explanation as well!!! ^f^
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline mikele

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this, just like this, always...
« Reply #4122 on: Oct 02, 2008, 02:54 PM »

Watch over you
(Alter Bridge)

Leaves are on the ground
Fall has come
Blue skies turning grey
Like my love
I try to carry you
And make you whole
But it was never enough
I must go

And who is gonna save you when I'm gone?
And who'll watch over you
When I'm gone?

You say you care for me
But hide it well
How can you love someone not yourself?

And who'll watch over you
When I'm gone?

And when I'm gone who will break your fall?
Who will you blame?
I can't go on let you loose it all It’s more then I can take
Who'll ease your pain?
Ease your pain

And who'll watch over you?
And I will give you strength when you’re not strong?
Who'll watch over you when I've gone away?

Snow is on the ground
Winter's come
You long to hear my voice
But I'm long gone
As the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly, not to the music, but something else, some place else, a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been except a deer, and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.............

Offline Ranchand1

• Lureen
  • whut
« Reply #4123 on: Oct 02, 2008, 05:24 PM »
      Had to look Alter Bridge up on Youtube since the lyrics were makein me...  Thanks Mikele!

Gonna post this song over in Best Song Ever.
huh..

Offline Wooly

• Cassie
« Reply #4124 on: Oct 02, 2008, 11:05 PM »
R.I.P. Heath

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4125 on: Oct 04, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Tonight I called out your name
The thought of you
Was carried on the wind
And it echoed through the canyon like a train
Winding on home to me again
I can almost touch your face
It`s almost like your never went away

Heath,
Everywhere I go
I can feel you all around me
In the sunrise, in the moonlight
I breathe you in like the air
You`re everywhere

I walked through the forest green
Far from all the chaos and the noise
And the river she sangs to me
I could swear it sounded like you`re voice
There to comfort me
Soothing as a gentle breeze

Everywhere I go
You`re everywhere

Everywhere I go
Oh I breathe you in like the air
You`re everywhere

Offline titabeille

• Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4126 on: Oct 05, 2008, 01:56 PM »
We have seen your wonderful movie again yesturday afternoon in Brussel :Long live to Brokeback Mountain  - All the brokies were crying during the movie, all the brokies keep you in heart for ever  :^^) :^^) :^^) dear Heath Ledger  <^( <^( <^(

Offline rlh03

• Lureen
  • Just keep on climbing Brokeback Mountain!
« Reply #4127 on: Oct 05, 2008, 05:23 PM »
    I thought it would get easier as time passed.  It doesn't!  Rest in Peace, Heath.   :\'(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4128 on: Oct 05, 2008, 09:49 PM »
 :ghug: rlh03. I know what you mean.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4129 on: Oct 06, 2008, 12:12 AM »
So beautiful, Chrisy.  Heartfelt and lovely.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4130 on: Oct 06, 2008, 11:23 AM »
So beautiful, Chrisy.  Heartfelt and lovely.

I have no words,so I only can quote this; beautiful indeed,Chrissy¡. :clap:   <^(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4131 on: Oct 06, 2008, 11:35 AM »
thnks i'm glad u like it ::)

Offline titabeille

• Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4132 on: Oct 06, 2008, 01:11 PM »

Snow is on the ground
Winter's come
You long to hear my voice
But I'm long gone[/color]

:clap: Beautiful words dear mikele, so sad  :\'(

Offline titabeille

• Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #4133 on: Oct 06, 2008, 01:14 PM »

Heath,
Everywhere I go
You`re everywhere

Wonderful poem dear Chrisy, I would like to be able to whrite poems in english...but I can't  :(  ^f^

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4134 on: Oct 07, 2008, 09:05 AM »
ya i would like too but my english is not so good :(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4135 on: Oct 07, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Heath

I just came back from Brussels, from seeing my brokie family there, and you were there with us, like I carried you there with me.

Watching the movie again was both beautiful and painful... I started crying a few minutes after it started just from looking at you and thinking how beautiful you are. Watching every little nuance, every subtle expression, every move, thinking how talented and amazing you were there, giving life to Ennis. Watching the movie is not the same for me again since you left us, all of a sudden different lines have extra meaning ("is there anything interesting up there in heaven?") and I find myself crying not only for Ennis and Jack, but for you.

It was amazing to see how many forum members wore stripey socks - or anything else with stripes on it. I had my Joker socks and striped gloves, both gifts from my wonderful friends. I kept seeing you in every street corner, in every shop window. In the shirts and the crazy hats that you used to wear (and we'd point and say "oh, Heath would love this one"), in the yellow Dukati parked on the pavement (just like yours), in the man who walked by us carrying his little daughter on his shoulders. You were everywhere.

You're in my heart, wherever I go.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4136 on: Oct 07, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Heath

I just came back from Brussels, from seeing my brokie family there, and you were there with us, like I carried you there with me.

Watching the movie again was both beautiful and painful... I started crying a few minutes after it started just from looking at you and thinking how beautiful you are. Watching every little nuance, every subtle expression, every move, thinking how talented and amazing you were there, giving life to Ennis. Watching the movie is not the same for me again since you left us, all of a sudden different lines have extra meaning ("is there anything interesting up there in heaven?") and I find myself crying not only for Ennis and Jack, but for you.

It was amazing to see how many forum members wore stripey socks - or anything else with stripes on it. I had my Joker socks and striped gloves, both gifts from my wonderful friends. I kept seeing you in every street corner, in every shop window. In the shirts and the crazy hats that you used to wear (and we'd point and say "oh, Heath would love this one"), in the yellow Dukati parked on the pavement (just like yours), in the man who walked by us carrying his little daughter on his shoulders. You were everywhere.

You're in my heart, wherever I go.
it's so wonderful that i have tears in my eyes.i can't belive it...it's so sad i hate death

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4137 on: Oct 07, 2008, 03:00 PM »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4138 on: Oct 08, 2008, 09:04 AM »
That's incredibly beautiful.  :\'( :\'(
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline amtamburo

• Obsessive Brokeback Mountain Addict
  • Alma
  • Perfection is subjective, depends on the subject!
« Reply #4139 on: Oct 09, 2008, 07:44 PM »

Heathcliff Andrew Ledger
April 4, 1979 - January 22, 2008

~Without your beautiful light, the world will forever be a darker place~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amtamburo, the sexual innuendo queen, strikes again!! ;p

Offical member of DAAWW 'DSD's Against Asswipe Wankeropoulous' Worldwide

Meanwhile, the search for the Green Skittle continues!

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines