Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1729386 times)

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4200 on: Oct 27, 2008, 04:33 PM »

Yeah...and that's because his death is so unfair.  :\'( :\'( I got goosebumps with just that simple line.
  life's unfair...he was a perfect guy...if we are so sad about his death and we can go over it i'm askig how are his friends feeling right now...i can't even imagine michelle and matilda and his sisers and parents...gosh..
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4201 on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:15 PM »
  life's unfair...he was a perfect guy...if we are so sad about his death and we can go over it i'm askig how are his friends feeling right now...i can't even imagine michelle and matilda and his sisers and parents...gosh..

:ghug: Candy  :ghug: They carry on with the support of their friends and families. Jake was also devastated, just as Christian Bale, and everyone who has ever worked with a man whose very presence touched the lives of people who met him. All the stories told by people who met him only briefly, in a shopping mall, in a party, in a bar, for only brief moments in his life, all accumulated together to paint a picture of a man whose heart was as genuine and pure, whose love was as all-encompassing and un-compromising as there ever was. He WAS a giant, but without a giant's ego. There will never be another like him. We can only carry on with the memory of what was, what could have been.  :c) ^f^ We carry on with the support of people who care.

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4202 on: Oct 28, 2008, 02:58 AM »
:ghug: Candy  :ghug: They carry on with the support of their friends and families. Jake was also devastated, just as Christian Bale, and everyone who has ever worked with a man whose very presence touched the lives of people who met him. All the stories told by people who met him only briefly, in a shopping mall, in a party, in a bar, for only brief moments in his life, all accumulated together to paint a picture of a man whose heart was as genuine and pure, whose love was as all-encompassing and un-compromising as there ever was. He WAS a giant, but without a giant's ego. There will never be another like him. We can only carry on with the memory of what was, what could have been.  :c) ^f^ We carry on with the support of people who care.

yes that's right...and i love his interior beauty wich was inside him and wich maked him beautiful outside too.cos if u look to his picture u can't tell that he was a model or something like that  :s) but he was so cute and sweet that u couln't fell for him for the first time u see him...and u know my first movie i saw it was a knight's tale at tv when i was 9 or 9 and i liked the guy mmm nice na i was a kid,then when i was 13 and casanova appeard i was obsesed with casanova cos i read some of his books and i really wante to see the movie.i saw an article :heath ledger is casaova bla bla and it was an picture with heath as casanova and when i saw the pici was:what?who's this guy?casanova must be brad pitt or somthing like that:)) god he's not as hot as casanova should be...look at his nose %&) i was so wrong...after i saw the movie i fell for heath so much...god ...and i realised that casanova wasn't a handsome guy he simply ha sharrm and he was sweet and smart and he resected the women and he made them feel loved....and that was heath too...heath was casanova of our times...not brad pitt...i simply adore u heathy and i'll always miss u so much :^^)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4203 on: Oct 28, 2008, 09:03 AM »

Thanks, Candy. I have been putting off watching Heath's movie for a long time. After reading your reaction, I think I will watch Casanova next. I have seen Johnny Depp's portrayal of Don Juan. I understand what you mean about the inner beauty compared to the outer beauty. I don't find Johnny Depp attractive, not at all, but he was sexy and confident as Don Juan, full of romance.

I am still hesitant when it comes to watching other Heath movies. But I will try watching the happier ones. Thanks.

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4204 on: Oct 28, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Thanks, Candy. I have been putting off watching Heath's movie for a long time. After reading your reaction, I think I will watch Casanova next. I have seen Johnny Depp's portrayal of Don Juan. I understand what you mean about the inner beauty compared to the outer beauty. I don't find Johnny Depp attractive, not at all, but he was sexy and confident as Don Juan, full of romance.

I am still hesitant when it comes to watching other Heath movies. But I will try watching the happier ones. Thanks.

when he died i was painting a scene from casanova from the end of the movie the kiss between  heath and siena:P and it was so sad cos i saw casanova for the fourth time 2 days before he died...and it was very painful...aniway i love ned kelly but it's a sad move...when a character played by Heath is dieing i'm crying as if t would be really Heath the one who is dieing...i miss him so much

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4205 on: Oct 28, 2008, 09:27 AM »
when he died i was painting a scene from casanova from the end of the movie the kiss between  heath and siena:P and it was so sad cos i saw casanova for the fourth time 2 days before he died...and it was very painful...aniway i love ned kelly but it's a sad move...when a character played by Heath is dieing i'm crying as if t would be really Heath the one who is dieing...i miss him so much
:ghug: Candy  :ghug: I saw many videos and interviews of Heath on Ned Kelly. I wanted to watch it a week or two ago, but couldn't find it in the store. You are right, I never thought of the ending. I think I will stick with Casanova for now.  :ghug:

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
  • BROKIE FOREVER AND EVER
« Reply #4206 on: Oct 30, 2008, 07:50 AM »
This is the 1st poem I have written for Heath. It means a lot to me. I have poured my heart out.

HEATH

You are a sweet breeze that makes our hearts rejoice everyday
We are so fortunate that you passed our way
You are gone and we are soar
You left us so much love and hope
We are glad that you were here
There is so much joy in our tears

Your face reflects the depths of the Ocean
Your presence is felt as a light longing to be found
We can’t thank you enough for being with us
Your journey has made our lives more enriched and loved
We need you even more so much
Don’t ever leave the shadow we have in us

It sometimes feels like there is a hole in our heart
The pain of you going has broken us apart
Like our souls are longing to be touched
Life is never the same for either of us
You are with us at every step
We are still here and always will be at the same place

By
Cleo

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4207 on: Oct 30, 2008, 12:34 PM »
This is the 1st poem I have written for Heath. It means a lot to me. I have poured my heart out.

HEATH

You are a sweet breeze that makes our hearts rejoice everyday
We are so fortunate that you passed our way
You are gone and we are soar
You left us so much love and hope
We are glad that you were here
There is so much joy in our tears

Your face reflects the depths of the Ocean
Your presence is felt as a light longing to be found
We can’t thank you enough for being with us
Your journey has made our lives more enriched and loved
We need you even more so much
Don’t ever leave the shadow we have in us

It sometimes feels like there is a hole in our heart
The pain of you going has broken us apart
Like our souls are longing to be touched
Life is never the same for either of us
We are still here and always will be at the same place

By
Cleo

wonderful

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4208 on: Oct 31, 2008, 11:55 AM »
...Life is never the same for either of us
We are still here and always will be at the same place.
By
Cleo

Really wonderful,Cleo¡ It's easy to see how you're put all your heart on it...Congratulations¡. :clap:
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4209 on: Oct 31, 2008, 12:04 PM »
Tonight it's Halloween,that means mainly a funny fête for you; but for us,here,it's the time when we remind our beloved ones who have left us.And today I've heard "Hallelujah" on TV,a simple commercial ad that used this song,but I've reminded Heath. :\'( And I've felt like posting it here-even if it has already been posted before-as a tribute,not only to him,but to all these persons we've lost in our life.God grant they'll be with us this night and always... :ghug:

I HOPE THAT YOUR JOURNEY IS PEACEFUL,HEATH...
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
« Reply #4210 on: Oct 31, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Thanks Candy and MPJ..so sweet of u both....When I wrote this poem it was Heath that kept going on in my mind and I miss him a lot.. he is loved so much that he is a part of our lives and always will be..we r incomplete without him..he will always be very precious to us..We Brokies can understand that about each other...I have observed that sometimes a person's worth is realized when he is not there..with our other relations lets make sure to tell them how much we love them and to tell them how special they r when they r in front of us itself...

We will always love and miss u Heath....Our Angel
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2008, 04:08 PM by smartestsonia »

Offline Candy

• Ennis
« Reply #4211 on: Nov 01, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me.  That signifies nothing.  For us believing physicists the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.  ~Albert Einstein

We understand death for the first time when he puts his hand upon one whom we love.

The death of someone we know always reminds us that we are still alive - perhaps for some purpose which we ought to re-examine.

Offline sportstalk23

• Alma
  • E&J 4EVER
« Reply #4212 on: Nov 04, 2008, 05:24 PM »
thanks for that because I remember reading those quotes from the other actors sometimes I have to stop reading the tributes as it becomes again even more apparent that Heath wont have the bright future we thought he would  :\'(

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4213 on: Nov 05, 2008, 12:48 AM »
I think about Matilda, and it's just so heartbreaking that Heath will not enjoy her growing up.  A three-year-old girl is one of the sweetest things in life, and this particular girl...

I've seen some pix lately, and she seems to be such a darling and silly girl.  It looks like she's clowning around or dancing in one or two pix I saw, and she looks so damn much like Heath!  Her face for sure, and some expressions in particular.  Plus, I love her funny clothes (even though that's not really her doing), and she has funky scruffy shoes even!

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4214 on: Nov 05, 2008, 12:27 PM »
Today is a happy day for the US. Obama was elected for president - hell, it's a happy day for me and I don't even live there. But Heath is not here to see it. I think he would've been so thrilled - Heath never bothered to hide his political opinions - hell, he shouted out loud what he believed in - and we all know what he thought about Bush *cough*. You hear that, Heath? America has taken a historical step forward towards a better world... Your daughter might grow up in a world where all people are trully equal - not only in their hearts, but in their rights too. You'd love that world, I know. But you're not here to see it happening.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4215 on: Nov 05, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Today is a happy day for the US. Obama was elected for president - hell, it's a happy day for me and I don't even live there. But Heath is not here to see it. I think he would've been so thrilled - Heath never bothered to hide his political opinions - hell, he shouted out loud what he believed in - and we all know what he thought about Bush *cough*. You hear that, Heath? America has taken a historical step forward towards a better world... Your daughter might grow up in a world where all people are trully equal - not only in their hearts, but in their rights too. You'd love that world, I know. But you're not here to see it happening.

Keren,I'm sure he's looking at all what is happenning now in his adoption country and he feels very happy,even if he won't share this happiness in the same way than us here...From his new home,he's looking at his daughter to see that,as you say,she will have more opportunities to live as she please than him.At least,let's hope this will be a reality because it will be the best gift we could give to him and to all who have leave us before. :ghug:

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4216 on: Nov 05, 2008, 11:30 PM »

So true, Keren -- Heath would very much appreciate who Obama is and what he stands for, and who he represents.  So, we'll just be happy on Heath's behalf.  <^(

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4217 on: Nov 10, 2008, 02:31 PM »
It's 6:15 am here, I've just woken up, but even before I get any caffeine into me I feel the need to come to this thread...I've just woken from the most vivid dream about Heath to the worst kind of shock that he's gone and I just feel torn apart.  It feels much the same way I imagine Ennis must have felt those times he awoke to that wet pillow. 

I know he's gone.  I do.  And yet...remembering the fact just upon waking somehow drives it shockingly home, makes it all the more poignant and real and heartbreaking.  Being in that state of pre-consciousness, not quite awake or asleep...well, for me all thoughts and perceptions in that state are very intense, so to be hit with the remembrance that Heath is gone in that half-conscious state first thing in the morning has just really devastated me.  It's shocked me anew.

My heart feels smashed and I can't stop crying.  Not a good way to start the day.   :\'(

God, I miss him.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4218 on: Nov 10, 2008, 02:33 PM »
This is by no means the first time this has happened, either, but it never ceases to feel freshly shocking.

Does this happen much to any other Brokies, I wonder? 

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4219 on: Nov 10, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Laura  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

I don't have dreams about Heath, at least not ones that I remember. Pretty strange, considering the fact that my waking hours are full of him. There isn't a day when I don't think of him, read about him, look at his photos. But for some time right after he died, I used to wake up in the morning and the first thought that hit me was "Heath is dead". I know how it feels :\'(. I'm sending you a big hug honey.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4220 on: Nov 10, 2008, 10:50 PM »
 :ghug: Laura and Keren. I had two shortly after he passed away and one a few weeks ago- left me kind of funky the next day. More  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: for anyone who needs them.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4221 on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:25 AM »
:ghug: :ghug: Laura

I know the feeling. Sometimes I have dreams about him, I don't really remember what they were about, but I know Heath was in it. And it happens to me that I wake up and think "Heath is dead, he will never come back" and my heart breaks all over again. I feel empty, it's a weird feeling and I hate it...It hurts :\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4222 on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Thanks, sweetest Keren and LJN.   :ghug:  :^^)

It's comforting to know that you guys know where I'm coming from.  Thanks for the words 'n' hugs.

The feeling I woke with did stay with me throughout the day, on a kinda unconscious plane, and it was tough, but knowing you Brokies are here is a real source of comfort.   :ghug:  Hugs to all.

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4223 on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:31 AM »
:ghug: :ghug: Laura

I know the feeling. Sometimes I have dreams about him, I don't really remember what they were about, but I know Heath was in it. And it happens to me that I wake up and think "Heath is dead, he will never come back" and my heart breaks all over again. I feel empty, it's a weird feeling and I hate it...It hurts :\'(

Emzan, sorry I missed you...we must have posted simultaneously.  :)

Thank you, too, sweetie.  That's the exact feeling I was trying to describe.   :ghug:  A big hug for you, too.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4224 on: Nov 11, 2008, 12:53 PM »
My sweeties,I know this feeling too ^f^ -I wonder who among us hasn't got it in some moment-,and I have even dreamed on him a few times.And sometimes I have a thought,being perfectly aware,about if it's true or not that he's gone.I know it's weird,almost crazy,but it's what I've felt maybe more times than I'd wish to.I give you a big hug if you need it. :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4225 on: Nov 12, 2008, 09:33 AM »
 :ghug: Laura  :ghug: Em  :ghug: Keren  :ghug: MPJ :ghug: Everyone :ghug:

I guess in a way, I am thankful that I have not yet had any dreams of Ennis or Heath. I can see what you all mean, like Ennis waking to a wet pillow.  :ghug: But I also think of Ennis carrying on, with putting up numbers on the mailbox, quitting drinking and mopping around like he used to, and just carrying on.

:ghug:

Offline desperatehousewife

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4226 on: Nov 12, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Yes, I have had three dreams about Heath since watching BBM (May this year).  The first one was shortly after my first viewing and it was about his breakup with Michelle and it was really sad and had me thinking about it for days afterwards.  On the plus side, one of them has been really rather nice and involved me giving him a massage - that's quite a nice thought to be waking up to!!

But his death just hits me sometimes, like a punch in the guts, and I can't believe or understand it.  I so often think, "this time last year, he was still here".

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4227 on: Nov 14, 2008, 11:24 AM »
DHW  :ghug:  It's always difficult to understand a young and talented person's death.Mainly when we feel this person as something ours somehow.I think it will take a long time until we realise he's in another world now. :\'(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline smartestsonia

• Ennis
« Reply #4228 on: Nov 15, 2008, 04:55 AM »
DHW  :ghug:  It's always difficult to understand a young and talented person's death.Mainly when we feel this person as something ours somehow.I think it will take a long time until we realise he's in another world now. :\'(
I think its hard to accept the death of someone like Heath...he is so alive in our hearts and through his daughter and his movies..I literally deny this fact at times and then I come back to reality that he is no more..I think he will always live in our hearts and we will never let go of him..I think we can remember what all he gave us and cherish that for life in his memory..

Wish we could say how much we love u Heath..

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4229 on: Nov 15, 2008, 05:58 AM »
AMY PASCAL (co-chairperson, Sony Pictures): I don't think of there being a bunch of actors who fill a certain role and now there's one less. Heath was so particular and so individual. It's more like losing a star, a light.