Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1724152 times)

Offline roconner

• Heath's Heathen
  • Cassie
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #4530 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:38 PM »

I guess I thought you'd be here forever
Another illusion I chose to create
You don't know what ya got until it's gone
And I found out a little too late

I was acting as if you were lucky to have me
Doin' you a favor I hardly knew you were there
But then you were gone and it was all wrong
Had no idea how much I cared

Now being without you
Takes a lot of getting used to
Should learn to live with it
But I don't want to

Living without you
It's all a big mistake
Instead of getting easier
It's the hardest thing to take
I'm addicted to ya babe
You're a hard habit to break

After all of these weeks
I'm still tryin' to shake it
Doin' much better they say that it just takes time
But deep in the night it's an endless flight
I can't get ya out of my mind

Being without you
Takes a lot of getting used to
Should learn to live with it
I don't want to
Being without
Is all a big mistake

Instead of getting any easier
It's the hardest thing to take
I'm addicted to you
You're a hard habit to break

Chicago - Hard Habit To Break

(tinkering by Roco)
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER

Offline roconner

• Heath's Heathen
  • Cassie
« Reply #4531 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:10 PM »

Would you know my name
if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong there in heaven...

Would you hold my hand
if I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
if I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay there in heaven...

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please...begging please

Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven...

Would you know my name
if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong there in heaven...

TEARS IN HEAVEN ... by Eric Clapton
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #4532 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:08 PM »

Since you've been away
I've been down and lonely
Since you've been away
I've been thinking of you
Trying to understand
The reason you left me
What were you going through?

I'm missing you
Tell me why the road turns
Ooh ooh
I'm missing you

As I look around
I see things that remind me
Just to see you smile
Made my heart fill with joy
I'll still recall
All those dreams we shared together
Where did you run to, boy?

I'm missing you
Ooh ooh
I'm missing you

Sometimes I've wondered
I didn't understand
Just where you were trying to go
Only you knew the plan
And I tried to be there
But you wouldn't let me in

But now you've gone away boy
I feel so broken hearted
I knew the day we started
That we were meant to be
If only you'd let me!
I've cried so many tears
Gotta face now all my fears
We let time slip away
I need you boy
Here today!

There was so much you gave me
To my heart
To my soul
There was so much of your dreams
That were never told
You had so much hope
For a brighter day
Why were you my flower
Plucked away

I'm missing you
Ooh ooh
I'm missing you

("Missing You" - Diana Ross)
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline Sha

• Cassie
« Reply #4533 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:31 PM »
One year without you, still hurt

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #4534 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:07 PM »
One year without you, still hurt

Amen.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #4535 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:23 PM »
     Wanted to come spend some time with all of you who know just what today means.  To cry some and to share.  Am greatful to have this place to be.  To remember Heath.  Dont know what to say other than what has already been said over and over. 

Thank you, Heath, for all the things you never even knew you did for me. 

^f^

:f) :c)

Amen, Amen to that friend.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline DramaGhost

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #4536 on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:24 PM »
A year went by so fast..Yet I always remember you, even more so during my classes where I constantly play with your wrist band.

Hope everything is amazing up there in Heaven for you, Heath.

Cause it sure seems like hell most of the time down here.
[/color]
...The way the moonlight shined upon her hair,
And we were trying different things,
We were smoking funny things,
Making love out by the lake to our favorite song.
Sipping whiskey out the bottle, not thinking 'bout tomorrow,
Singing Sweet home Alabama all summer long...

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4537 on: Jan 23, 2009, 12:30 AM »
I know you are much bigger than I can ever imagine
Your love touched more people than I will ever know
Yet from time to time out of the blue
I feel your presence and your touch
Like lightning that strikes me flat
And I know my life is changed
For the better, again, forever
Because you were here
Because you are in me
Love you, Always
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4538 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:14 AM »

I first thought, that's exactly how I feel about this whole year, but this year also brought a lot of happiness, especially overcoming my fear of flying just so I could meet many of you...but sometimes I do just wish I could wake up, could you imagine....to just wake up and realize it was all just a nightmare....though who could make up something so awful....not even the most evil subconscious could.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

I thought of watching Brokeback today also, I was watching it on dvd today last year when I stopped it midway because I didn't feel like watching the sad part, and the bottom of the screen was scrolling that Heath was found dead. You'd think it'd seem too shocking to believe, but I just believed it right away, I just knew from now on we lived in a world he forever gone from.

:\'( I just erased a bunch of stuff I wrote...I think optimism should be more of the theme of the day....I think I'm gonna go eat a banana nut muffin ;) :)

That's the spirit, Jessica!

You know, I didn't know your story of the moment you learned about Heath last year.  That is amazing -- terrible yet somehow fitting moment...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4539 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:20 AM »
((((Ethan))))   Thank you so much.  

Just reading the lyrics...  It brings a beautiful measure of comfort, honey, so thank you.

And actually listening to it just fills my heart so full.  

It's an all-time, much-loved, personal favourite of mine and is so special to me, now more than ever.

:ghug:

Me, too!  Thank you so much, Ethan.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #4540 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:27 AM »
     Wanted to come spend some time with all of you who know just what today means.  To cry some and to share.  Am greatful to have this place to be.  To remember Heath.  Dont know what to say other than what has already been said over and over. 

Thank you, Heath, for all the things you never even knew you did for me. 

^f^

:f) :c)

Beautiful, Ranchand.  Just so.  Heath was so giving, yet he gave a whole lot more than he even knew.

kathy

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4541 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:25 AM »
Well it's 9 pm here, so the Australian anniversary date is finally drawing to a close. 

Been a long, sad day - from the moment I rose and saw Heath's father on our Today Show (I posted about that a few pages back this morning), up until now, it's just been a very difficult day, and the flashbacks to a year ago would not quit.  It just felt like I was reliving that unthinkable day, all over again.  I found I could barely eat a thing all day.

On this day last year, around this time, I was lighting some candles around my room for him, having locked myself away from everyone I know after a long, hard day of disbelief, shock, realization, then crushing, crushing grief.  The awful news was what I woke up to on my radio that morning, and I remember just feeling completely sick.  But I somehow forced myself to go to work, regardless, and over the course of the day I kept fully expecting to hear it was just some very sick rumour...I'm pretty sure I convinced myself that it was a callous hoax.  It was only on the drive home from work that I suddenly had to pull over and bawl my eyes out, the truth sinking in, and I just sat there and cried, fighting the urge to throw up.  The delayed reaction was just overwhelming.

But while today was awfully sad, there were also moments of joyful reflection sprinkled throughout, too.  I think that's thanks to all of you guys here, and your outpouring of love in this thread.   :ghug:

However, at the moment, I'm feeling extra down, because this evening my Nana had a heart attack and stroke, and I've just come back from visiting her.  Thankfully, they were on the mild side, but it was just heartbreaking to see that she's lost a lot of usage of her whole left side and is slurring her words.  Hopefully, she'll improve - happily, the doctors are hopeful - but this just couldn't have come on a worse day.   :\'(

I'll be glad when tomorrow morning comes. 

Thank you all, for being here.  Hugs to all of you.   :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline LauraLovesLedger

• Ennis
  • Got me good
« Reply #4542 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:29 AM »
Beautiful words, poems, tribute videos, thoughts, and pictures from everyone.  Too many to quote, but I was touched by each and every post.   :ghug:

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #4543 on: Jan 23, 2009, 08:57 AM »
I'd like to thank you all for the support and the affection that I received yesterday from my fellow Brokies,and I guess I can say that all of your have felt as well as me in this case. %)  And thank you all also for the beautiful tributes you posted during these days; mine,very poor and full of mistakes,all the rest touching,some beautiful...but at least,posted with the best language:the one of love.
They have been the best love's proof to a man who appeared suddenly in our life-at least,in mine,because I didn't know him formerly...-to change it by learning how to love and how to hold on to our dreams and wishes.And who has made possible that all of us have met and made some friendship's bonds far beyond borders and cultures. :ghug:
I'd like also to have a memory for someone who must have had a bad time these days also:Jake.Surely,several of you have already seen some photos of him yesterday precisely-I can't post them because they're paps pics-,when he went to the doctor.I saw him with a rather sad look in his face and I suppose he had Heath in his mind during all the day... :\'( He must have remembered that man who was his friend and who wanted him to be somehow joined to him forever by making him his little daughter's godfather.He didn't know it then-poor Heath¡...-,but he made Jake to be closer,not only to the baby's destiny,but closer and joined to his own memory forever.Every time he looks at Matilda,Jake will see his friend and he will remember him each day of his life.Forever.Always.Like us.
And that's all,because I'm making myself crying,what's rather stupid on the part of me...Thank you again for loving him so much ¡. <^(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4544 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Today when I was going to school I took one of the newspapers on the bus and on the front page there was a picture of Heath as the Joker and it said "will he get the Oscar?"
I started to cry, not much, but enough to make the woman how sat behind me ask if I everything was alright. I said no and she took my hand and said that it will probably be okay and then she smiled at me. I thought that was very nice of her.
When I arrived at school my friend stood there and I guess she could tell that I had been crying because she just opened her arms and gave me the biggest hug and said that she was there if I wanted to talk. I really have the best friend ever! There are no words that can describe how much she have helped me trough this year...The same goes for everyone on here. Without you I don't know what I would have done so I just have to say thank you all so much %)

And thank you to Heath, without you I would have never met so many nice people.
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Candy

• I wanna try your way this time...
  • Ennis
« Reply #4545 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Today when I was going to school I took one of the newspapers on the bus and on the front page there was a picture of Heath as the Joker and it said "will he get the Oscar?"
I started to cry, not much, but enough to make the woman how sat behind me ask if I everything was alright. I said no and she took my hand and said that it will probably be okay and then she smiled at me. I thought that was very nice of her.
When I arrived at school my friend stood there and I guess she could tell that I had been crying because she just opened her arms and gave me the biggest hug and said that she was there if I wanted to talk. I really have the best friend ever! There are no words that can describe how much she have helped me trough this year...The same goes for everyone on here. Without you I don't know what I would have done so I just have to say thank you all so much %)

And thank you to Heath, without you I would have never met so many nice people.

oh at least ur friends don't try to make u feel better with bad jokes like his dead aniway or stuf likke that...and in ur country u find newspapers about heath.here there was some news last year when he died and that was all.no one year tributes or anything else...
here is my youtube chanel...it's new:P

http://www.youtube.com/mariamarcu5

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4546 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:39 AM »
From mpj:

"And thank you all also for the beautiful tributes you posted during these days; mine,very poor and full of mistakes,all the rest touching,some beautiful...but at least,posted with the best language:the one of love.
They have been the best love's proof to a man who appeared suddenly in our life-at least,in mine,because I didn't know him formerly...-to change it by learning how to love and how to hold on to our dreams and wishes.And who has made possible that all of us have met and made some friendship's bonds far beyond borders and cultures." 

That is beautifully written and for the very reason that you said. And please don't criticize what you write. Some of us can't even conquer a second language at all. And if people can see into your heart through your words (which we can with you), you have accomplished your task. Thank you for this. :^^)

From Emzan:

"Without you I don't know what I would have done so I just have to say thank you all so much. %)

And thank you to Heath, without you I would have never met so many nice people."

I echo this sentiment. Truly you are all the best family anyone could have, and to know that there is a place full of people who will accept you and embrace you, whoever you are and however you feel, is a gift and a comfort that can't be measured. Especially this past year when so many people just didn't understand. :ghug:

Yesterday's flood of posts, with hugs and poems, videos and pictures, smiles and tears, was indeed a testament, both to a man who was an essential part of the birth of our little universe and to the loving community we developed into. I couldn't be prouder to be a part of it or more grateful to know you all. There are too many gems to quote, as they were all heartfelt expressions of affection, so I'll just sum it up with this one:

From Ranchand:

"Thank you, Heath, for all the things you never even knew you did for me."

Amen.

And Jess, I hope you enjoyed your muffin.

For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4547 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:40 AM »
 :ghug: Candy.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4548 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Thank you so much,Barb¡ I mean,as I have sometimes said,you know that it's better or worse written,but at least it's deeply felt... :^^)
Emelie  :ghug:  Candy  :ghug: Please,don't cry; he must be happy in his new home and he won't if we only remember him with tears.
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #4549 on: Jan 23, 2009, 12:14 PM »
MPJ  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4550 on: Jan 23, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Thank you so much  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: to you too...

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline rlh03

• Lureen
  • Just keep on climbing Brokeback Mountain!
« Reply #4551 on: Jan 23, 2009, 12:54 PM »

So many have spoken here, there are no words that wouldn't be repeating.  But all our thoughts are alike, we all miss him. 

I recently welcomed a hurting Brokie to the forum and told him to be patient, it all would ease over time and the pain would go away, leaving the good memories in its place.

Well, so far I have been terribly wrong.  My heart is still cracked and I still feel the pain, the loss for a man I never knew, and what he left us to remember, and how he brought so many people together in their sorrow and in his memory. 

Feeling the pain and sorrow may not happen as often, but it is still as strong as ever.  And the tears flow just as freely.  But thats OK with me, because the memory of  Heath and all the wonderful moments he gave us will always be there to give me smiles and comfort.  And just like it does for so many others.   

Thank you, Heath, for everything!

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4552 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:26 PM »
Heath, this is for you...

Till my body is dust
Till my soul is no more
I will love you
Love you

Till the sun starts to cry
And the moon turns to rust
I will love you
Love you

But I need to know
Will you stay for all time
Forever and a day?

And I'll give my heart
Till the end of our time
Forever and a day

And I need to know
Will you stay for all time
Forever and a day?

And I'll give my heart
Till the end of our time
Forever and a day

Till the stars fill my eyes
And we touch the last time
I will love you
Love you
I will love you
Love you
I will love you
Love you

The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #4553 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:22 PM »

Yesterday passed too fast and today is almost done as well.

For me, it seems like yesterday, I couldn't grasp the impact of the one year anniversary. I remember last year, it wasn't that day that hit me, it was the morning after. I remember getting up from my bed and all of the emotions, all of the realization that Heath is no longer with us, resting on my shoulders. Now, a day after the anniversary, it seems like it's happening to me again.. :-\\
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #4554 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:27 PM »

For me, it seems like yesterday, I couldn't grasp the impact of the one year anniversary. I remember last year, it wasn't that day that hit me, it was the morning after. I remember getting up from my bed and all of the emotions, all of the realization that Heath is no longer with us, resting on my shoulders. Now, a day after the anniversary, it seems like it's happening to me again.. :-\\

Lis, come here :ghug: :ghug:
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4555 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:39 PM »

Lis  :ghug: It seems as if everything,all the bad impressions and feelings be repeated,no?.But you must carry on and remember him with an smile.It's the only thing we must offer to him... :^^)

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #4556 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:47 PM »

Lis  :ghug: It seems as if everything,all the bad impressions and feelings be repeated,no?.But you must carry on and remember him with an smile.It's the only thing we must offer to him... :^^)

I agree with you whole heartly, mpj. And that's exactly what I try to do. Keep on going, enjoy life for all that's it worth. I think it's something Heath would've wanted. I just have my moments. They happen quiet suddenly and seemed to end the same way...

Thank you everybody for your kind words  :^^)  :ghug: :ghug:

"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #4557 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #4558 on: Jan 24, 2009, 02:25 AM »

(((((((Theresa)))))))

I've been thinking about you a lot these days, since you personally knew him, and you must have so many memories of him that you keep close to your heart and treasure. I hope that the loving people around you help ease the pain, even a little xxx
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

babytammy7

« Reply #4559 on: Jan 24, 2009, 09:58 AM »

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide;
The old snows melt from every mountain-side,
And last year's leaves are smoke in every lane;
But last year's bitter loving must remain
Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide!
There are a hundred places where I fear
To go,--so with his memory they brim!
And entering with relief some quiet place
Where never fell his foot or shone his face
I say, "There is no memory of him here!"
And so stand stricken, so remembering him...

By Edna St. Vincent Millay

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

(Thank you, Lola, for sharing this with us)