Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 643956 times)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:17 PM »

In keeping with the forum guidelines that wish to preserve clarity and cohesion in the various threads, this topic has been created for members to post and read news articles and tributes dealing with Heath.

Henceforth, please use the thread Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  to share your feelings and/or to commiserate with other members.

Use this thread to post and comment on news updates and tribute articles pertaining to Heath.

Out of respect for Heath, we ask members to please be very selective when posting articles on this thread.  Specifically, we do not want this place to be used as a launching pad for articles that seek to foster gossip, rumors, and innuendoes that would be hurtful to the memory of Heath and to the feelings of his family, friends, and -- most especially -- other fans and members of this forum.

We discourage the posting of articles that foster hate, division, and the brand of intolerance that is so alien to the legacy of Heath and BBM.

We ask the members not to take it against the moderators if they intervene every once in a while in the interest of these aims.  Likewise, we do not hold any mistakes made against the members who post here.

We only seek to encourage a friendly and sympathetic exchange of information.

It is only through this that we can clarify Heath's legacy to us -- a legacy free from malicious speculation and/or outright lies.  He deserves no less.

Thank you!

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Heath's last project may yet be saved.  Apparently, Johnny Depp has tapped to fill in for Heath.  The article also notes that the scenes with Heath that had already been shot may yet be saved by a sleight of hand.

I consider this a tribute from one great actor to another.

http://movies.hollyscoop.com/johnny-depp/johnny-depp-to-replace-heath-ledger_296.aspx

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Heath Ledger In Retrospect: '10 Things' You Didn't Know About The Actor

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1580272/story.jhtml
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline jetzenpolis

• Alma Jr.
  • jetzenpolis
Dan Abrams (MSNBC): What killed Heath Ledger? 1/24/2008
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:14 PM »
In the distance between what you "try to believe" and what you "know": never trust what you try to make yourself believe; trust what your intuition knows.

Offline jetzenpolis

• Alma Jr.
  • jetzenpolis
Dan Abrams (MSNBC): Ledger funeral picket plans? 1/23/2008
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:32 PM »
"Live with Dan Abrams" (MSNBC)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22813005#22813005

1.) The show discusses the funeral picket plans of the Westboro Baptist Church.

2.) Dan Abrams also criticizes Fox News commentator John Gibson's ridicule of Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, etc. in Brokeback Mountain on a recent broadcast of his radio show.

3.) An interesting comment was made by one of the commentators during "Live with Dan Abrams" about how much Heath Ledger's preparation for his role as the Joker in the lastest Batman movie, "Dark Knight,"  took its toll on his inability to sleep.

John Gibson Radio
http://www.foxnews.com/radio/johngibsonradio/index.html
In the distance between what you "try to believe" and what you "know": never trust what you try to make yourself believe; trust what your intuition knows.

Offline jetzenpolis

• Alma Jr.
  • jetzenpolis
Dan Abrams (MSNBC): Heath Ledger found dead 1/22/2008
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:38 PM »
"Live with Dan Abrams" (MSNBC): Heath Ledger found dead
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22793527#22793527

Dan Abrams discusses the November 2007 New York Times article/interview with Heath Ledger (about his role as the Joker in the "Dark Knight") in which Heath Ledger mentions in his sleep problems.  Dan Abrams also provides other information that was available to the press just after reports of Heath Ledger's death first appeared.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:06 PM »
An excellent tribute from the San Francisco Chronicle

Heath Ledger - short career, lasting images

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/23/MNG6UJRN4.DTL&hw=heath+ledger&sn=009&sc=440

Mick LaSalle, Chronicle Movie Critic

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On a seemingly routine Tuesday afternoon, word came that 28-year-old actor Heath Ledger, best known for his Oscar-nominated role as a gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead in a downtown New York apartment. Apparently, a masseuse showed up for an appointment and was led in by a housekeeper, who discovered Ledger's body about 3:30 p.m. The police found pills near his naked body.

The news spread fast, and crowds gathered outside the building and watched as the body was taken away on a gurney. According to the Associated Press, people in the crowd snapped pictures with camera phones and rolled videos and said, "He's coming out!"

There was no obvious indication of suicide, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said. An autopsy is planned for Wednesday.

In a little while, perhaps, the rest of the details will become known. Was it an accident? Was it suicide? Was there an unknown history of drug abuse? The answers to these questions will become part of the legend, and Ledger will be enlisted into that ghoulish gallery of movie stars who, for one reason or another, died a good half-century ahead of schedule.

But before that happens - before the false hand-wringing begins on the nightly entertainment shows, before the interviews with ex-girlfriends reveal unknown truths that are probably false, and before the media show up with their microphones and cameras - it might be worthwhile to take a moment to remember why the death of this particular 28-year-old rates all the press attention today.

Like few who ever lived, much less lived to be 28, Ledger left behind moments and images that were guaranteed even Tuesday - even a week ago, when he was presumably healthy and had the world before him - to outlive his mortal life. When I got the news, I immediately flashed on one of them.

In "Brokeback Mountain," having said goodbye to Jake Gyllenhaal's character after their summer together - which is the only thing they'll ever have in their lives, and they seem to know it - he walks stoically away, then enters the frame as he passes an alley. In the background is the sky. Limitless. He stops, enters the alley and becomes a silhouette. He puts his head against the wall and sobs, struggling to hide his face with his hat. He curses. He punches the wall. He yells angrily at someone who passes by and stops to look. And two seconds later, we see him in close-up, looking boyish and yet somehow like the world has just closed up, standing at the altar getting married.

The portrayal of the secret male relationship made Ledger an instant icon in the gay community, according to Neil G. Giuliano, president of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

"His powerful portrayal changed hearts and minds in immeasurable ways," Giuliano said in a statement.

"Brokeback Mountain" also was where he met actress Michelle Williams, with whom he lived until the two split up last year. The couple had a daughter, Matilda. Ledger also had relationships with actresses Heather Graham and Naomi Watts.

Ledger was born in Perth, Australia, in 1979 to a mining engineer and a French teacher, according to the Associated Press. At 16, he began appearing in independent films in Sydney. When he was 19, he came to Los Angeles and landed a part in "10 Things I Hate About You," a modern-day version of "The Taming of the Shrew."

His roles in "The Patriot" (2000) and "A Knight's Tale" (2001) earned him heartthrob stature. But his career path steered him back to the independent movies, including "Monster's Ball" in 2001, and "The Lords of Dogtown" and "Brokeback Mountain" in 2005.

In 2007, Ledger was seen in "I'm Not There," where he played one of the Bob Dylans, and had finished filming "The Dark Knight," a sequel to "Batman Begins" in which he plays the Joker. He was in production for the movie "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus."

"I had such great hope for him," Mel Gibson, who played Ledger's vengeful father in "The Patriot," said in a statement, the Associated Press reported. "He was just taking off, and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss."

In an interview published in November in the New York Times, Ledger said he was "stressed out a little too much" while making "I'm Not There" and had trouble sleeping during the filming of "The Dark Knight."

"Last week, I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told the Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which worked for only an hour.

Unlike most of his contemporaries, Ledger had an old-fashioned manliness - the kind that seems to have fled America and gone south in recent years, as far south as Australia. But unlike most of the old-fashioned manly stars of America's macho period, Ledger was at his best playing men in turmoil, men in trouble, men suffering from deep wounds to the spirit. At 28, he had 25 prime casting years ahead of him. Just to be selfish for a minute, think of how that talent may have grown.

The Hollywood of today doesn't nurture acting talent. That is, it doesn't look for roles that explore the actor's soul. But even accepting that, just by chance and the law of averages, just with a little dumb luck, Ledger should have had two or three or five or six more films in his life that challenged him the way "Brokeback Mountain" challenged him. I think that would have been Ledger's career, from here on out: a combination of OK movies in which he played men who were as magnificent as he looked. And better movies, in which he played men whose imposing physical presence and locked-down stoicism were a facade for an emotional life of desperation and helplessness.

Instead of looking forward, we're forced to look back - to the fragile young man he played in "Monster's Ball," who shoots himself in a fit of anguish. Or to "Casanova" and those scenes when the great seducer discovers his capacity to love one woman. Or to movies like "Ned Kelly," those ones with nothing much to recommend them besides what I once called Ledger's "big-slab-of-a-guy magnetism."

There's no way to make sense of this. No way to end an appreciation like this on an up note when the news is so sad. If there's something positive to be said, it's that the best work Ledger left behind will last forever, and the rest is already forgotten.

Filmography
Some of the films in which Heath Ledger starred:

-- "I'm Not There" (2007)

-- "Brokeback Mountain" (2005)

-- "Casanova" (2005)

-- "The Brothers Grimm" (2005)

-- "Lords of Dogtown" (2005)

-- "Ned Kelly" (2003)

-- "The Four Feathers" (2002)

-- "Monster's Ball" (2001)

-- "A Knight's Tale" (2001)

-- "The Patriot" (2000)

-- "10 Things I Hate About You" (1999)

Scheduled for release this year or in 2009:

-- "The Dark Knight"

-- "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus"

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 06:21 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:25 PM »
This is the latest on aol.

Police Sort Out Clues Into Ledger's Death
Six Different Prescription Drugs Found in Home; Autopsy Inconclusive
By TOM HAYS AND KAREN MATTHEWS, AP
Posted: 2008-01-24 16:21:39
Filed Under: Star Obituaries, Movie News
NEW YORK (Jan. 24) - Six different types of prescription drugs were found in Heath Ledger's apartment - including anti-anxiety medications and sleeping pills - though the cause of his death won't be known for several days after a preliminary autopsy Wednesday came back inconclusive, authorities said.

Photo Gallery
James Devaney, WireImage.com The Life and Loss
Of a Young Talent1 of 21     Tokens of tribute pile up outside the Manhattan apartment where actor Heath Ledger was found dead on Tuesday. An autopsy performed on Wednesday revealed few clues into the cause of death. Six different types of prescription medication were in the apartment, but police say no illegal drugs were found.

A rolled-up $20 bill was also found on the floor near the Australian actor's bed, but lab tests detected no traces of drug residue. Police also said no illegal drugs were found in the apartment.

Among the prescription medications found were pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, and an antihistamine, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe, the sources said. Ledger had recently been filming in London.

The $20 bill was found on the floor near Ledger's bed, and New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said lab tests found nothing to indicate it had been used to snort drugs.

The actor was found dead Tuesday by his housekeeper and a massage therapist - lying naked and face-down on his bed, police said. The pills were found in bottles in Ledger's bedroom and bathroom, and police said the death was caused by a possible drug overdose and appeared to be accidental.

yb

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:30 PM »
I'm not keeping up with the forum's posts, but here's a clip of Daniel Day Lewis talking about Heath on Oprah's programme while promoting his Oscar nomination.  He was very emotional and compassionate, yet he didn't even know Heath.  Here's the link if it still worked:

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1389981778

P.S. Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, please feel free to move it to whichever thread is more suitable.

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:42 PM »
An excellent tribute from the San Francisco Chronicle

Heath Ledger - short career, lasting images

Mick LaSalle, Chronicle Movie Critic

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

thank Chameau for this awesome post
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 10:08 PM by ethan »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline Carefree Wind

• Lureen
  • Heath: A Bright Star That Shall Never Fade
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:48 AM »
Death notices reveal family's grief http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371686
"Now you will not swell the rout, Of lads that wore their honours out, Runners whom renown outran, And the name died before the man."

Jack, in his dark camp, lit only by moonlight, sees Ennis as night fire, a red spark on the huge black mass of mountain

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2008, 05:31 AM »
Oh god, carefree wind, I read the tribute from Heath's family and burst into tears.   :\'( :\'( :\'( They all loved him so much.

Here's a more detailed transcript of what they said....

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/heaths-family-writes-of-devistation-of.html
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:12 AM »
I am moving here Christie's link to Theresa's wonderful memorial blog for Heath.  Do take time to check out the many wonderful and moving articles therein:

Thomas has given me permission to post a link to a wonderful memorial blog set up by Theresa, who some of you may remember. She used to run Heath Ledger Central which was a fantastic and very well respected site for Heath fans.  She was also a good friend to ennisjack, as well as to Heath himself.  Please visit if you can.

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:19 AM »

Our hearts are broken, say Ledger's family

Press Association
Friday January 25, 2008
Guardian Unlimited

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2246962,00.html

"You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment. We have been privileged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and, through it all, we have loved each other beyond imagination.

"Your true legacy lives on in beautiful little Matilda, who will always remain in the greatest of care. Our hearts are broken."

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:29 AM »
It's reading these tributes from Heath's family that has finally broken me. However much we love and miss him, they're doing it a million times more - and their words are heartbreaking.

From his dad

"No more chess games, mate... this is it. Couldn't beat you anyway!

"My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together."

My heart goes out to all of them.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:34 AM »
NoReins, I find this especially poigniant:

"I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here."

For them as for us, he is still very much alive.

As some of you may have already read from yesterday, it is unlikely that there will be a public funeral in NYC for Heath.  It will be kept private, and I do think that Heath would have liked it this way. 

As much as some of us would want a more public ceremony, I am sure that the family's wishes are for the best.

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/heath.ledger.timeline.2.637605.html

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:45 AM »
People magazine has reconstructed the last day of Heath, but I personally feel that Heath would not have appreciated being followed around that way.  So I am not posting a link to the article, except to say that those of you who are interested can read it yourselves.

But I would like to quote here a testimony of one of the employees at the grocery Heath visited Monday evening.  It speaks volumes of the simplicity of the man and his aversion to fame:

"He had three bags of groceries, mainly produce like fruits and vegetables. I remember he had organic chicken sausages," says catering sales manager Liz Bullis, 22. "He packed his own groceries. About half of our customers help out like that. He was always very friendly and pretty quiet."

From People Magazine, Heath Ledger's Final Days

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:04 AM »

From Columbia University's daily paper: a wonderful tribute:

Tragic Death of Brokeback Star Stuns the Acting World

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/node/28752

Excerpt:

"Though Ledger’s photo doubtlessly adorns the walls of as many tween girls as Brad Pitt’s, Ledger was able to transcend the label of Hollywood heartthrob through his careful choice of roles. He was something of an anomaly in that sense: a bona fide, sincere, and talented actor universally respected by his colleagues. A sign in the makeshift shrine that has sprung up in front of his apartment building reads, “I couldn’t find anything bad about you.” This sentiment seems universal in and out of the film world.

Ledger was a true artist, a master of his craft. We all wish he could have lived longer and continued to amaze and entertain us with his unmistakable smile and seemingly bottomless depth, and that he could have seen his infant daughter grow up. It’s a tragedy for that little girl who will have to live without a father, and for the world, which has lost a great actor."

Offline jacks_key

• Jack + Ennis
  • We'll always have Brokeback...
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Death notices reveal family's grief http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371686

Oh, his poor family...I weep for them, and Michelle, and little Matilda.  And Jake.
Heath Ledger: 1979-2008
Never enough time, never enough.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:54 AM »
NoReins, I find this especially poigniant:

"I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here."

For them as for us, he is still very much alive.

As some of you may have already read from yesterday, it is unlikely that there will be a public funeral in NYC for Heath.  It will be kept private, and I do think that Heath would have liked it this way. 

As much as some of us would want a more public ceremony, I am sure that the family's wishes are for the best.

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/heath.ledger.timeline.2.637605.html

There are times when I think I'm ok, and then I read Heath's families beautiful and heartbreaking tributes, and I fall apart again. 

I'm glad his memorial service and funeral will be private.  That's as it should be.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:16 AM »

Like Jake, Heath valued his privacy very much.  I am glad this forum made a conscious effort to try to honor this desire in so many ways while he lived.  I don't regret any of it for one moment.

We will continue to do so.

Ledger Thanks Aussie Media in Haunting Voicemail

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Ledger_Thanks_Aussie_Media_in_Haunting_Voicemail/5052041

"I don't know whether it's a conscious thing or an unconscious thing, giving me space and respecting my privacy. It's just been awesome, and I've had the most beautiful time back here and being able to see all my friends and family, let alone the press and the people within the community of Perth, it's been so lovely."

babytammy7

« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Oh god, carefree wind, I read the tribute from Heath's family and burst into tears.   :\'( :\'( :\'( They all loved him so much.

Here's a more detailed transcript of what they said....

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/heaths-family-writes-of-devistation-of.html

"You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment. We have been priviledged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and through it all, we have loved each other beyond imagination.

Ledger's father Kim added: "Heatho'', "Beef'', . . . my beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent, so caring, so young . . . no more chess games mate . . . this is it, couldn't beat you anyway!

"My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together.

We were one, in soul and commitment. Just . . . Father and Son. I will love you forever, Dad.''

Elder sister Kate wrote: "I can hardly breathe when I try to write this . . . we were the ultimate in soul mates. I feel both my heart and life have been torn apart. I loved our special talks, our daily chats from where ever you were in the world.

"I especially loved all the precious time we spent together. We were so fortunate to have you as long as we did. You were so many things to so many people, but to me you were just my little brother.

"There will never, ever be another "Heath'' and I think that in itself is the greatest tragedy.

"I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here. You will never leave my thoughts "Roast'', ever.''

Oh my.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  This is just heartbreaking. I'm crying so bad reading this. Heath's family pain must be just unbearable. My heart aches for them.

babytammy7

« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:49 AM »
http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/heath-ledgers-bad-boy-image-was-unfair.html

THE photographer, along with others, later sprayed Ledger and Williams with water at the Sydney premiere of Brokeback Mountain, an attack Ledger said left him in tears.

It's not fair; poor Heath.... :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:50 AM »
This tribute was written by someone who was admittedly NOT a fan of BBM, but who appreciated the way Heath and Jake took on the challenging roles:

Heath Ledger: More than that Gay Cowboy
His life tragically cut short, the brave 'Brokeback Mountain' star's legacy will live on
By Miles Christian Daniels

http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=28974

Excerpt:

But, beyond the accolades and whether he meant to or not, Ledger also helped those like my father, three brothers, and friends I've known since grade school, come one step closer to understanding that being gay has nothing to do with stereotypes and everything to do with love.

Because of this, my hope is that Heath Ledger be remembered as an individual who made life just a little bit easier for folks like me.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Excerpt:

But, beyond the accolades and whether he meant to or not, Ledger also helped those like my father, three brothers, and friends I've known since grade school, come one step closer to understanding that being gay has nothing to do with stereotypes and everything to do with love.

Because of this, my hope is that Heath Ledger be remembered as an individual who made life just a little bit easier for folks like me.

Another very touching epitaph.
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:01 AM »
Heath's last project may yet be saved.  Apparently, Johnny Depp has tapped to fill in for Heath.  The article also notes that the scenes with Heath that had already been shot may yet be saved by a sleight of hand.

I consider this a tribute from one great actor to another.

http://movies.hollyscoop.com/johnny-depp/johnny-depp-to-replace-heath-ledger_296.aspx
I'm so grateful to hear that the movie will not be suspended and will have the chance to Heath in more yet  another new movie and surly he will be amazing in that movie..!
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

babytammy7

« Reply #26 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Just look up the way he took care of Michelle, how he looked at her, like she were the most beautiful treasure in the world. He was a very tender, sweet, adorable fine man. He loved his family so much and he believed in true love. I'm a sea of tears right now.  :\'(  :\'(

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-AU&brand=ninemsn&vid=cee7c897-6e44-4f52-902e-0222f032c553&wa=wsignin1.0

Offline titabeille

• Any friend of yours is a friend of mine
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, I swear...
« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Thank you a lot dear Thomas to have opened this new thread  ^f^

So we can see and read a lot about our beloved Heath.

:ghug:
It could be like this, always like this....
Sometimes I miss you so much, I can't understand it.

As you get old you begin to wonder-
what was all that lightning and thunder
actually about ? (Gavin Ewart)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:00 PM »

Legacy
Heath Ledger: The Roles of A Lifetime
EW's Lisa Schwarzbaum remembers the highlights of a promising star's far-too-short career

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20173196,00.html

Excerpt:

His Ennis moved economically, with a minimum of talk that masked a maximum of hunger.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #29 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Contrary to what had been widely reported by the press, Heath was ill with the flu, and NOT pneumonia.

The source of the correction is the Associated Press.  You can read the correction as posted inTheresa's Memorial blog.

http://heathledgermemorialblog.blogspot.com/