Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes  (Read 642724 times)

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
Re: Heath Ledger - News Articles and Tributes
« Reply #570 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Williams and Friends pay magazine tribute to Ledger

HEATH LEDGER's closest Hollywood pals, including ex-partners MICHELLE WILLIAMS and NAOMI WATTS, have spoken out for the first time since his death in January (08). The pair joined forces with director Todd Haynes - who made Ledger's movie I'm Not There - actors Sean Penn, Philip Seymour Hoffman, his agent Steve Alexander, and pal Ellen DeGeneres, to talk to Interview magazine about their relationship with the star. Williams, the mother of his daughter Matilda, describes Ledger's energy and talent, saying, "He had an uncontrollable energy. He buzzed. He would jump out of bed. "For as long as I'd known him, he had bouts with insomnia. He just had too much energy. His mind was turning, turning, turning - always turning. "He had a talent for everything that he put his mind to. He didn't know limits. "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, his how vulnerable he was. "You can pick up on it in his performances, but it's easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That's who he was." Watts, who dated Ledger for two years, adds, "His acting was just so touching, so connected in truth. I think he was just getting started." Seymour Hoffman, who met Ledger when they were both nominated for the Best Actor Oscar in 2006, describes the actor's "childlike enthusiasm," adding, "His body was always in motion." And his agent Alexander paints the picture of a Ledger as a "rolling stone".

Thank you for posting this tribute Christie, you can see how these women loved this wonderful man.
Danny and me, Danny and me,  Danny and me and the sea,
Bobbing out of Pleasure Bay, the islands on our lee;
Spectacle, Georges, Gallops, the sun-wash on the brine
Castle Island where Skovo danced a bear-dance in bear-time.
The Golden Boy has chosen, I know what I will be
Danny and me, seanchai, Danny and me and the sea.

A Map of the Harbor Islands JG Hayes

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #571 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:52 AM »
STIPE PAYS LIVE HOMAGE TO LEDGER

REM frontman MICHAEL STIPE paid an emotional tribute to tragic HEATH LEDGER - before launching into one of the actor's favourite songs. The band dedicated their track Until The Day Is Done to Ledger in front of a packed crowd at Stubb's Barbeque during their stint at Austin, Texas' South By Southwest festival on Wednesday (12Mar08). A visibly upset Stipe announced, "This is dedicated to Heath Ledger who loved this song," before shouting at the end, "Goodbye Heath, we loved you!"

This is such a wonderful thing to do. If you want to listen to the song that was one of Heath's favourites, click on the link.  This isn't the actual concert mentioned above, but one from last year in Dublin.  Having listened to it, I can  understand why Heath loved it. It's really beautiful, with Micheal Stipe's haunting voice together with Peter Buck's gorgeous guitar playing - it gave me shivers. I would have loved this even if Heath hadn't, but the fact that he did, makes me love it even more. 

What a lovely thing to do. I do hope we get to see it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #572 on: Mar 13, 2008, 12:55 PM »

HEATH LEDGER's closest Hollywood pals, including ex-partners MICHELLE WILLIAMS and NAOMI WATTS, have spoken out for the first time since his death in January (08). The pair joined forces with director Todd Haynes - who made Ledger's movie I'm Not There - actors Sean Penn, Philip Seymour Hoffman, his agent Steve Alexander, and pal Ellen DeGeneres, to talk to Interview magazine about their relationship with the star. Williams, the mother of his daughter Matilda, describes Ledger's energy and talent, saying, "He had an uncontrollable energy. He buzzed. He would jump out of bed. "For as long as I'd known him, he had bouts with insomnia. He just had too much energy. His mind was turning, turning, turning - always turning. "He had a talent for everything that he put his mind to. He didn't know limits. "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, his how vulnerable he was. "You can pick up on it in his performances, but it's easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That's who he was." Watts, who dated Ledger for two years, adds, "His acting was just so touching, so connected in truth. I think he was just getting started." Seymour Hoffman, who met Ledger when they were both nominated for the Best Actor Oscar in 2006, describes the actor's "childlike enthusiasm," adding, "His body was always in motion." And his agent Alexander paints the picture of a Ledger as a "rolling stone".

Oh my god, it breaks my heart to read all this... This is Heath just like I thought he was, just like I imagined him to be. I need to get this magazine, or at least find the whole interview online.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #573 on: Mar 13, 2008, 01:18 PM »
STIPE PAYS LIVE HOMAGE TO LEDGER

REM frontman MICHAEL STIPE paid an emotional tribute to tragic HEATH LEDGER - before launching into one of the actor's favourite songs. The band dedicated their track Until The Day Is Done to Ledger in front of a packed crowd at Stubb's Barbeque during their stint at Austin, Texas' South By Southwest festival on Wednesday (12Mar08). A visibly upset Stipe announced, "This is dedicated to Heath Ledger who loved this song," before shouting at the end, "Goodbye Heath, we loved you!"

This is such a wonderful thing to do. If you want to listen to the song that was one of Heath's favourites, click on the link.  This isn't the actual concert mentioned above, but one from last year in Dublin.  Having listened to it, I can  understand why Heath loved it. It's really beautiful, with Micheal Stipe's haunting voice together with Peter Buck's gorgeous guitar playing - it gave me shivers. I would have loved this even if Heath hadn't, but the fact that he did, makes me love it even more. 

Christie, you are killing me with these news. I love R.E.M and I've adored Michael Stipe for years. I thought that him and Heath might have been friends because I saw some pictures of them together at a couple of events. But anyway, Michael Stype is a great singer with an amazing voice, and this is such a beautiful thing to do. And it's so like him, to do something like this. If I'm not mistaken, R.E.M's album "Monster" was dedicated to River Pheonix (I've heard that somewhere) and one of the songs in it, "Let Me In" (which I absolutely love) was written in the memory of Kurt Cobain. I always had great appreciation for him, and this tribute he made for Heath makes me love him even more.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #574 on: Mar 13, 2008, 02:39 PM »
Christie, you are killing me with these news. I love R.E.M and I've adored Michael Stipe for years. I thought that him and Heath might have been friends because I saw some pictures of them together at a couple of events. But anyway, Michael Stype is a great singer with an amazing voice, and this is such a beautiful thing to do. And it's so like him, to do something like this. If I'm not mistaken, R.E.M's album "Monster" was dedicated to River Pheonix (I've heard that somewhere) and one of the songs in it, "Let Me In" (which I absolutely love) was written in the memory of Kurt Cobain. I always had great appreciation for him, and this tribute he made for Heath makes me love him even more.

Oh honey.   :ghug:  I'm sorry, I know that reading this kind of thing is heartbreaking, but at the same time, its so amazing to be reminded of all those people who loved him and,like us, are still dealing with his death.  I think Heath and Michael were friends. 

And I love REM and I have always, always, loved Michael Stipe's voice.  I heard it for the very first time, on an album of another band, and I was blown away - I didnt even know of REM then.  Did you listen to the song?  If not, you must. Honestly, if you love his voice, you will be blown away by it in this song....its just so raw, it reminds me of earlier songs, such as Hairshirt and You are the Everything, and lots of others too. 

I didnt know about them dedicating their album Monster to River Phoenix.  Wow. 
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #575 on: Mar 13, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Oh my god, it breaks my heart to read all this... This is Heath just like I thought he was, just like I imagined him to be. I need to get this magazine, or at least find the whole interview online.

Me too.  Those words...."how vulnerable he was" just get to me.  Because its true.  You can see it, its there. 

I definitely want this magazine, doubt I can get it here though. Hopefully it will be on line Keren.

babytammy7

« Reply #576 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:32 PM »
Ang Lee talked emotionally about Heath in an interview at ShoWest 2008, here's the link to view the video:

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=228082

I didn't understand much cause I have my baby shouting around here, but I've cried so much only looking at Ang's face. OMG.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( What a sad heartbreaking expression. Damn.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( He's beaten. I know that. I can feel it there.

babytammy7

« Reply #577 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:46 PM »

Thank you so much for this Christie. It's beautiful but, you know, so sad. Heath was like those sweet candies I used to love: hard solid attractive cover outside and then soft melted sweetness inside. This man could have his candy cover, his armor and his costume but deep inside there was the child, the tenderness, the warm heart that made people smile and dream just like a child in front of a candy.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #578 on: Mar 13, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Thank you so much for this Christie. It's beautiful but, you know, so sad. Heath was like those sweet candies I used to love: hard solid attractive cover outside and then soft melted sweetness inside. This man could have his candy cover, his armor and his costume but deep inside there was the child, the tenderness, the warm heart that made people smile and dream just like a child in front of a candy.

Aww Tammy, thats beautifully put.  ^f^

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #579 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:42 PM »

:\'( Barb shared this with me earlier and it just tugged at my heart. She managed to convey so very much in so few words. I think its the April edition of the magazine that this is in- if my search was correct.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #580 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:43 PM »

:ghug: Tammy. That is so beautifully stated.  :^^)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #581 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:56 PM »
:\'( Barb shared this with me earlier and it just tugged at my heart. She managed to convey so very much in so few words. I think its the April edition of the magazine that this is in- if my search was correct.

Thanks, Michelle. I will definitely get the April edition, if that is the case. I love all the quotes, but like you said, this really tugged at the heart:

"He had a talent for everything that he put his mind to. He didn't know limits. "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, his how vulnerable he was. "You can pick up on it in his performances, but it's easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That's who he was."

:ghug:
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #582 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:00 PM »
I didn't understand much cause I have my baby shouting around here, but I've cried so much only looking at Ang's face. OMG.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( What a sad heartbreaking expression. Damn.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( He's beaten. I know that. I can feel it there.

You said it babytammy. I thought I was the only one who felt his pain. It looked as though he aged ten years since January 22. I am most touched by his honesty, about his regret that he never socialized with Heath more often, that he wished he had, despite his normal rule for not socializing with actors during projects.

I hope someone is there for Ang Lee, to give him the hugs that we have been getting here.

Should we send sympathy cards to the cast members or family members? I'd be happy to chip in.

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

yb

« Reply #583 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:20 PM »
There're more tributes from Heath's friends:

Friends Cheer Hear! Hear! to Heath

The latest issue of Interview has a great tribute to Heath Ledger, a touching spread of quotes from folks he changed who will miss him.

A few highlights:

Amy Pascal:  "He was always introducing you to 3,000 mates whose names you can’t remember."

Philip Seymour Hoffman:  "Heath didn’t have the cynicism that this business can eventually put upon people, or the pretension that certain artists can carry with them sometimes. He had a really honest quality about him. He obviously had never lost his wide-eyed optimism."

Michelle Williams:  "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, is how vulnerable he was. You can pick up on it in his performances, but it’s easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That’s who he was."

Sean Penn:  "Heath was not simply a quiet and gifted actor who liked to go surfing, though that is how I primarily knew him in life. In the time we spent together, we spoke a bit about family, about travels, but most of all, about film.Yet, in his unassuming way, he never revealed to me the visual poet of the first order who I discovered watching the film clips he directed, music videos and such, after his death. His talent does speak volumes of the kind man, the loving father, and, in fact, the brilliant and gifted guy I really missed out on—that we all did, in the long run. Heath might have been a giant."

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/hum/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2e0657c9-9f6a-4436-af27-79e0b3ae857b&sid=fd-hum

The more I read about the film clips and music videos he directed and showed his friends, the more I feel what a tragic loss it is to us.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #584 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:25 PM »

The latest issue of Interview has a great tribute to Heath Ledger, a touching spread of quotes from folks he changed who will miss him.

Sean Penn:  "Heath was not simply a quiet and gifted actor who liked to go surfing, though that is how I primarily knew him in life. In the time we spent together, we spoke a bit about family, about travels, but most of all, about film.Yet, in his unassuming way, he never revealed to me the visual poet of the first order who I discovered watching the film clips he directed, music videos and such, after his death. His talent does speak volumes of the kind man, the loving father, and, in fact, the brilliant and gifted guy I really missed out on—that we all did, in the long run. Heath might have been a giant."

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/hum/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2e0657c9-9f6a-4436-af27-79e0b3ae857b&sid=fd-hum

The more I read about the film clips and music videos he directed and showed his friends, the more I feel what a tragic loss it is to us.

That last one was especially hard to read. The could'ves and might have beens.  :\'( Just the words "visual poet" set me off.  :\'(

Thanks for posting this YB  :ghug:

yb

« Reply #585 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:35 PM »
That last one was especially hard to read. The could'ves and might have beens.  :\'( Just the words "visual poet" set me off.  :\'(

Thanks for posting this YB  :ghug:

LJN, yes, those are really difficult to read.  Chris Nolan, Todd Haynes had talked about the clips and music videos and now Sean Penn, it's not getting any easier even though it's been almost 2 months.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #586 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:47 PM »
LJN, yes, those are really difficult to read.  Chris Nolan, Todd Haynes had talked about the clips and music videos and now Sean Penn, it's not getting any easier even though it's been almost 2 months.

No it's not.  :-\\ :ghug:

Offline Rosie

• Jack + Ennis
  • that old cold time
« Reply #587 on: Mar 14, 2008, 02:41 AM »

A few highlights:

Amy Pascal:  "He was always introducing you to 3,000 mates whose names you can’t remember."

Philip Seymour Hoffman:  "Heath didn’t have the cynicism that this business can eventually put upon people, or the pretension that certain artists can carry with them sometimes. He had a really honest quality about him. He obviously had never lost his wide-eyed optimism."

Michelle Williams:  "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, is how vulnerable he was. You can pick up on it in his performances, but it’s easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That’s who he was."

Those are beautiful tributes. I loved them all, each giving us a glimpse of the beautiful man Heath was. I loved hearing how he would introduce you to about 3,000 mates....not wanting to leave a single person out, genuinely valuing everyone. That's a beautiful thing to know about him.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #588 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:01 AM »
Those are beautiful tributes. I loved them all, each giving us a glimpse of the beautiful man Heath was. I loved hearing how he would introduce you to about 3,000 mates....not wanting to leave a single person out, genuinely valuing everyone. That's a beautiful thing to know about him.

I smiled when I read that, about his 3,000 mates, you could see Heath doing that.  Thanks for posting this yb, I do love reading about what people thought of him, but its unbearable at times.  Sean Penn's words were hard to read.  He touched so many people, and I bet Heath didn't have a clue how he was valued.   

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #589 on: Mar 14, 2008, 06:02 AM »
It is so difficult to read all these things, what Michelle said and what Sean Penn said, about how amazing and talented he was. I know he was an amazing person, but every thing I read that validates that makes my heart break a little more. It's like as time goes by, the loss gets bigger.

I thought Ang's interview was so emotional and heartfelt. I could really feel his honesty and his pain in speaking about Heath. And I couldn't help but notice that he still talks about him in the present tense - "he's a great actor, he's a great guy". I wonder if Heath knows how many hearts and lives he touched.

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #590 on: Mar 14, 2008, 06:38 AM »
I noticed that too Keren.

And of course I'd say he knows now, but being the kind of person he was, I doubt he really knew just how much he touched people because he just seemed a little more humble than that. I mean, how many people would give themselves that much credit? But I do think that he knew what a big impact BBM had on people, and how much his work was appreciated in that. And my guess is that his friends and family let him know how much he was valued.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #591 on: Mar 14, 2008, 08:55 AM »
It is so difficult to read all these things, what Michelle said and what Sean Penn said, about how amazing and talented he was. I know he was an amazing person, but every thing I read that validates that makes my heart break a little more. It's like as time goes by, the loss gets bigger.

I thought Ang's interview was so emotional and heartfelt. I could really feel his honesty and his pain in speaking about Heath. And I couldn't help but notice that he still talks about him in the present tense - "he's a great actor, he's a great guy". I wonder if Heath knows how many hearts and lives he touched.

It was like Haynes said, "we lost a lot, we lost double, we lost triple."

I noticed that too Keren.

And of course I'd say he knows now, but being the kind of person he was, I doubt he really knew just how much he touched people because he just seemed a little more humble than that. I mean, how many people would give themselves that much credit? But I do think that he knew what a big impact BBM had on people, and how much his work was appreciated in that. And my guess is that his friends and family let him know how much he was valued.

I was going to highlight and bold the part that touched me, but I ended up highlighting most of your post. Reading it the first time, in the context of Keren's post, in reference to Ang Lee, I thought your post referred to Ang Lee, but then I realized it could equally apply to Heath. One aspect of Heath that constantly amazed me was his humility given his immense talents. He never showed off, and that was why few people outside of his closed friends knew of his many different aspects of talents. Visual poetry, from Sean Penn, really got me. I have noticed Heath's ability to move, like the cliche in sports - poetry in motion, or bringing to mind the Russian ballet dancer, Mikhail Nikolaevitch Baryshnikov (I googled it  :) ) . His every movement on screen is as Mark Addy said in A Knight's Tale special features, so self-possessed, never hurried, always measured. Yet at the same time, his self-possessiveness is also so generous, to the other actors, to the director, to the crew. He gave so much until he felt empty, and could give no more.  :\'( Someone once wrote in this forum that he died because his heart couldn't keep up with his spirit. I can see that now. And now his spirit is free to soar without earthly limits. Every bird circling in flight reminds me of the hawk's calling in Brokeback Mountain, and Heath's spirit, surfing the clouds.

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #592 on: Mar 14, 2008, 08:58 AM »

I was going to highlight and bold the part that touched me, but I ended up highlighting most of your post. Reading it the first time, in the context of Keren's post, in reference to Ang Lee, I thought your post referred to Ang Lee, but then I realized it could equally apply to Heath. One aspect of Heath that constantly amazed me was his humility given his immense talents. He never showed off, and that was why few people outside of his closed friends knew of his many different aspects of talents. Visual poetry, from Sean Penn, really got me. I have noticed Heath's ability to move, like the cliche in sports - poetry in motion, or bringing to mind the Russian ballet dancer, Mikhail Nikolaevitch Baryshnikov (I googled it  :) ) . His every movement on screen is as Mark Addy said in A Knight's Tale special features, so self-possessed, never hurried, always measured. Yet at the same time, his self-possessiveness is also so generous, to the other actors, to the director, to the crew. He gave so much until he felt empty, and could give no more.  :\'( Someone once wrote in this forum that he died because his heart couldn't keep up with his spirit. I can see that now. And now his spirit is free to soar without earthly limits. Every bird circling in flight reminds me of the hawk's calling in Brokeback Mountain, and Heath's spirit, surfing the clouds.

I love you're comment, so beautiful :)
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #593 on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:03 AM »

What a wonderful comment.  One of the reasons I liked Heath was because of the way he carried himself, he had no ego (or as you say, he never showed off), he was just who he was.  In one of my favourite interviews he gave for BBM, he said when asked if he was apprehensive about the risk of taking on the role, and he said no, because he didn't think he had a career to risk.  I love that line, it reminds me what an amazing talent he was, but also someone who did what he did because he loved it, not because he wanted to please others...he was a free spirit.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #594 on: Mar 14, 2008, 11:19 AM »

:\'( Beautiful comment Andrew.  :ghug:
All of these comments from everyone do seem to confirm what we felt and in a way that is nice because it shows that we did have some connection, however tenuous or hazy, but we were in tune. And you know they are heartfelt and sincere. It's heartening to see so many peope saying such deep, meaningful words of tribute. I know most people won't come out and speak ill of the dead but there is a difference in   saying "He was a great guy" and the comments that Michelle and SP made. SP's made me cry all over again- the words "visual poet" are just haunting me now-it's conjuring up so many images in my mind. I'm still doing the head shake while my mind continues to ask "It's real isn't it?" The initial shock has worn off but all that does is allow the stabbing pain of reality to permeate slowly. As Keren said: It's like as time goes by, the loss gets bigger.  :\'( :ghug:

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #595 on: Mar 14, 2008, 01:29 PM »
God, that's so beautifully put by all of you. :ghug:

And yes, Andrew, I was referring to Heath in my post, although I can see how it applies to Ang Lee as well. I had the privilege of seeing Ang Lee speak in NY last fall, and only wish I could have done the same with Heath. I am enormously jealous of every interviewer who ever spoke with him.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #596 on: Mar 14, 2008, 03:40 PM »
:\'( Beautiful comment Andrew.  :ghug:
All of these comments from everyone do seem to confirm what we felt and in a way that is nice because it shows that we did have some connection, however tenuous or hazy, but we were in tune. And you know they are heartfelt and sincere. It's heartening to see so many peope saying such deep, meaningful words of tribute. I know most people won't come out and speak ill of the dead but there is a difference in   saying "He was a great guy" and the comments that Michelle and SP made. SP's made me cry all over again- the words "visual poet" are just haunting me now-it's conjuring up so many images in my mind. I'm still doing the head shake while my mind continues to ask "It's real isn't it?" The initial shock has worn off but all that does is allow the stabbing pain of reality to permeate slowly. As Keren said: It's like as time goes by, the loss gets bigger.  :\'( :ghug:

It is real. And one day we'll probably even accept that. But yeah, we were in tune, and there is actually comfort in that. Still, I have those moments of thinking why someone so special? Why someone so worth being? But then I try to remind myself there could have been a world without him in it at all, and that would really be bleak, so I'll give thanks for those 28 years he had and the few years we had of his graciously sharing himself, and go from there.

Offline B_Mountain_Girl

• Jack
  • I'm in love with love
« Reply #597 on: Mar 14, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I don't know about other people but I certainly believe death is just crossing on another "side". Like a two way mirror.
We can't see them, but they can see us. I am not surprised Ang Lee talks about Heath in the present tense.

When I saw his latest music clips I understood, he was fascinated by dimensions.
White/black, light/dark, liquid/solid... I really want to see Drake's clip... it must be fascinating, as much as I could make off of what they showed, he not only covered the line between life and death but he captured Drake’s struggle between living and dying.

The prim plan of his somber face on a Merry-go-round (could see the person’s mind already gone) vs. the spinning (twister) background (life still goes on weather you’re here or not). Heath and Drake’s minds were too fast for the pace the world was going for them.   

As the newscaster said the clip was “disturbing”… which at this point I really don’t care for their opinion. The clip must be a work of art.

These are the clips Heath directed… (thanks to Caroline for posting them on LJ)

http://www.wearethemasses.com/musicvideos/bh_reason.html

http://www.wearethemasses.com/musicvideos/benharper_morning.html

http://www.wearethemasses.com/musicvideos/nfa.html

http://www.wearethemasses.com/musicvideos/nfa_seduction.html

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #598 on: Mar 14, 2008, 05:38 PM »
OMG! Thank you so much B_Mountain_Girl! These clips are beautiful  :\'(
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault