Author Topic: Compilation of Tributes to Heath Ledger  (Read 154550 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Compilation of Tributes to Heath Ledger
« Reply #240 on: Jun 23, 2008, 12:21 AM »
Ok, tell me if I'm being goofy here, but Tony gave me an idea when he said that maybe we could wear a ribbon or a particular color as our own symbol when we go to see TDK. What if we simply all wore something stripey, in honor of Heath's fondness for stripes and the wonderfully odd way that he wore them?

Again, if that's goofy, it's ok to say so. Just a thought that popped into my head. And it doesn't require a particular uniform code, so we could all participate in our own way. What do you think?

im up for that :), i can go buy a stipy sweater... with orange and greay stipes :P, i love that sweater :P

I love it, Barb!! In fact I have something stripey already!!  <^( <^( <^(

I think its a great idea Barb!!!  :clap:  I'll definitely wear something striped/brightly coloured.....I love this idea.

Great idea, I'm up for stripes :clap:

Yay. :clap: Now I just have to figure out which stripes to wear. :s)

If I wear jeans, I'll have a ton of stripey socks to choose from!! But I want the stripes to be on show.... ;D ;D

Me too Christie. ;D

I think I'll take a picture of me at the theater in my stripes. :)

That's so cool.....but dont expect a pic of me!!  ;D  But I'll take a pic of my stripes...

That'll do. O0  ;D

Well, since that pretty much discribes over half my wardrobe, I'd have to say, I'm in :)
...and don't forget the dirty shoes ;D I'll wear my yellow sneakers :)

YAY for scruffy shoes!!! My shoes are naturally like that I dont have to do anything to them.  I have a pair of doc martens I've had for years that will be perfect... :)

Ohh, dirty shoes...but I dont have any...I guess I have to fix that ;)

Oh yeah, dirty shoes!! I can manage that with all the rain we have here these days!! Wonderful!!! I'm gonna be Heath now, well, girl version.   <^( <^( <^(  I'm so excited!!

There's no problem with old shoes;I'll look for them in my old object's wardrobe ¡  :) But I don't know when I'll find something striped,because I think I have nothing... :-\\

well how about something thats brightly coloured, instead, not necessarily striped? 

Do you have a paint brush, or a magic marker? ;D

FlowerChild, you're on a roll.  A ribbon is for tidal waves in Asia, cancers, POW's, etc, and are very legitimate, but one more ribbon says nothing - striped clothing says: Heath.  But now I have to go burrowing through old clothes until I find something sufficiently bohemian.  Oh, what the heck - I'll show up WITH stripes, WITH a ribbon, and if I can figure out what Matt's Heath bracelet is like, will get me one of those,too. Plus the sunglasses.
Am serious.  OK, I may just do the stripes.  Depends on who I go with and what their tolerance level is.  FlowerChild...this one works.  Thanks.

I love it Jess! ;D

I have been known to decorate an occasional shirt with permanent marker.

But really, even a little ribbon with stripes, or as christie said, something that's brightly colored. It's the thought, not the outfit, that counts. :)

I have some stripey socks and will be sure to wear them to the viewing  :)

Oh the sunglasses, I saw red ones the other day and I wanted to buy them so badly just because Heath had them...well now I have another reason to buy them ;)

Bought 'em Monday ;D

Oh Michelle, please take a pic of you wearing the socks! ;D

That's a good idea, Tony, and I hadn't thought of it.  Wear a ribbon, or our ennisjack Heath memorial button, or something.  I will do that.

kathy

OK, need to find striped socks now, huh? ??? 

I went in closet and chose a favorite stripey blouse :)

kathy

Great post, Tony!  I WILL force myself to see TDK at the theatre. Who would pass up a chance to see Heath on the big screen?  But I'll be going alone, since none of my friends share my taste in movies when they vere off the beaten path of romantic comedies!  Actually, I can't wait to see it, but wish I had a bunch of brokies to go with.  Oh, pitiful me....LOL

I have a stripey shirt and stripey socks, I'll make sure to wear them. That's a wonderful way to honor him, thanks for the idea Barb.

Lamusica, you might consider going outside your circle of friends, fess up to being a Brokie, and scout around for an acquaintance, maybe even from your church, for what should be....an expedition.  You might be surprised at who just might be interested.  But, either way, if you have to go it alone (which may also happen, for me, too), leave an empty seat beside you.  Brokies are never really alone.  Pat the seat, with a smile, settle in.  We'll be there. As for me, I will be greatly interested in your take on Heath's performance and the film itself, and will be looking for your reaction on the TDK thread. Much love-Tony.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #241 on: Jun 23, 2008, 12:22 AM »

I haven't posted on here in awhile! I just read everyone's recent post and I love the idea of wearing something significant when going to see TDK. For some of the members that are confused, the Heath braclet, was an idea I had about a month ago in which I sent to Emelie in Sweden and Matt in England. I also have 4 friends who are wearing it at my school. I had more but they have been misplaced through my house, but I'm hoping to find them again soon!

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts"

I love the idea of wearing a striped shirt or something similar to that! My mom might have striped socks, because I know I sure don't  ;D I'll ask my friends what they think about the idea because on the weekend TDK comes out, 10 of my friends, are all going to see the film together. I'm hoping to get a picture with all of us together, possibly wearing the Heath bracelets, in memorium of our beloved Heath.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #242 on: Jun 23, 2008, 12:22 AM »
over the last few days my grieving has changed somewhat, i mean i still miss heath like crazy and im still obviously upset about everything. but i feel now that well when i think of heath its from the view of remembering him and waiting to see him again not from the old place of wishing i was with him now and tat being dead would just be easier. i think it was about a week ago these changes started to begin. but now i feel i can have a smile on my face when i say "heath i miss you, see you again someday".
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #243 on: Jun 23, 2008, 12:23 AM »

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memories so clear

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are ...

Fragment of "To where you are",by Josh Groban
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #244 on: Jun 23, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I found this picture of Lily Cole and her tattoed heart - the one she and Heath's other fellow cast mates had tattoed in his memory.

I hope you can see it clearly enough.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #245 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:46 PM »
It's nice to actually have a good close up pic of the tattoo, it's so hard to see Verne's, but it also kind of feels like she's showing it off( I don't think she is, it just appears that way because the photagrapher zoomed in).

I think if I ever got something, I would want it where is wasn't so obvious, you know...just for me. But I don't think I will, I just don't want something that reminds me of him to become common place, like, you just get used to seeing it to the point that the meaning is not there anymore. I don't know.

Has anyone ever gotten a tat to remember someone; did the feeling last?

Oh, and these are the sunglasses I got for the premiere, I love that a bunch of us are wearing things that remind us of him <^(

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #246 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:46 PM »

Wristband from Lis and I got the glasses today <^( <^( <^(

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #247 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:46 PM »

Someone said that its not so bad
Someone said that the tears will stop
Soneone said that it will get better
Someone said that now its time to stop with the crying

I said that this is bad
I said that the tears wont stop
I said that it wont get better, because he’s not comming back
I said that I cant stop crying
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #248 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:47 PM »
My friends and I do not just weep.
It’s not only a somber vigil that we keep.
We celebrate our memories
And share our smiles and tears.
We honor one we care about
And will throughout the years.
And on the days it hurts too much,
We always know we’ll find
A shoulder to lean on,
An ear to listen,
A loving and open mind.
A heart full of love is not a bad thing
And friends who will share that
Are a wonderful blessing.
So thank you my friends
for the gift of your love,
and telling me here I have nothing to prove.
It’s so nice in these times to not be alone.
I cherish you all, and this beautiful home.  :ghug:

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #249 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:47 PM »

HELLO,I´m new here and I was fan of Heath.I can`t believe that he is dead.. Though it has been already a six month..I´m sorry about my bad english.I hope that I can talk here with you.   :)
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #250 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:47 PM »

IVE BEEN A FAN OF HEATH LEDGER SINCE I FIRST LAID EYES ON HIM IN 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU HE JUST OWNED THE SCREEN AND SHOT TO THE STARS HIS PERFORMANCES GOT BETTER AND BETTER AND SOMETHING LIKE BBM AND BATMAN I CAN ONLY USE A WORD LIKE TRANSCENDANT HE WAS FRANKLY BRILLIANT :clap:HUMBLE AND WILLING TO NOT RELY ON JUST BEING THE BLOND PRETTY BOY SOME IN THE BUSINESS WANTED HIM TO BE AFTER 10 THINGS, AND SO HIS DEATH HIT ME HARD HIM AND JAKE WERE ONE OF THE FEW WHO I TRULY BELIEVED TO BE READY TO MOVE PASSED THE BRADS,WILL'S TOM'S AND GEORGE'S JUST AS THAT GROUP MOVED PAST THE REDFORDS,NICHOLSONS,HOFFMANS AND THE REST ITS JUST A NATURAL PROGRESSION THEREFOR WHEN I WENT OUT OF MY APT IN NYC TO RUN A SIMPLE ERRAND AT THE DRUG STORE I BELIEVED THAT THE ONLY BIG NEWS OF DISSCUSSION WOULD BE THE NOMINATIONS FOR WHICHEVER AWARDS SHOW THAT ESCAPES ME AND THAT AMY WINEHOUSE VIDEO ::) I CAME HOME THE KEY WAS STILL IN THE DOOR AND I ONLY HAD ONE FOOT INSIDE WHEN MY BROTHER SAID UR NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS BUT THEY FOUND HEATH LEDGER DEAD! :-\\ :\'( I WAS STUNNED AND MADE HIM REPEAT AT LEAST 15 TIMES AND IT STILL DIDNT REGISTER THAT COULDNT BE POSSIBLE NOT WHEN HE HAD SO MUCH LEFT TO GIVE TO THIS WORLD AS A PERSON BUT A FATHER AS WELL :\'(WHICH IS THE GREATEST TRAGEDY OF ALL I GENERALLY HAVE A HARD TIME WHEN A YOUNG PERSON DIES FAMOUS OR NOT SO THIS WAS NO EXCEPTION MAY HE TRULY REST IN PEACE AND I WISH HIS FAMILY, MICHELLE AND BABY MATILDA AND FRIENDS ALL THE PEACE AND HAPPINESS THEY CAN FIND AND A HUG FOR ALL HIS FANS  :ghug:
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #251 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:47 PM »

Ok, bear with me. I think this is going to be a little garbled. I found some videos on imdb today and one of them was from the 2006 AFI Awards. I'd seen this footage before and settled in to enjoy it again. It's funny and sweet and I was laughing and  smiling. It was five minutes in before I realized there was a tear in my eye as well. The point being that this is how it happens so often, for me anyway. It just sort of sneaks up on you, even in those moments that you're just enjoying the memory or celebrating his spirit. And it's not a big display, and it doesn't ruin the moment. I think it's just an indication that you cared about him and your body has the instinct to still feel those things and express them even when you're not consciuosly aware of it. I don't know if that made any sense. It's just the thought that popped into my head when I noticed it. Then the rest of the video was a little more bittersweet so the tear fit right into the tone. This it the link:

Then I watched the next video that was posted and now my little tear turned into a big puddle. It is beautiful and heartbreaking. I'd recommend tissues. I'm sorry if it hurts, but I couldn't not share it.  :ghug: to all. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #252 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:48 PM »

Le temps qu’il nous reste

Quelle importance le temps qu'il nous reste
Nous aurons la chance de vieillir ensemble
Au fond de tes yeux vivra ma tendresse
Au fond de mon cœur vivra ta jeunesse

Comme une prière du temps de l'enfance
Ces mots sur tes lèvres me donnent confiance
Je nous imagine ta main dans la mienne
Nos moindres sourires voudront dire je t'aime

Mais l'un de nous s'en ira le premier
Il fermera ses yeux à jamais
Dans un tout dernier sourire
Et l'autre en perdant la moitié de sa vie
Restera chaque jour dans la nuit
Son cœur bien sûr battra mais pour qui mais pourquoi

Ton pas résonne la porte s'entrouvre
Mon cœur bat plus vite et je te retrouve
Quand nos mains se tiennent j'oublie tout le reste
J'ai l'impression même que le temps s'arrête

Mais l'un de nous s'en ira le premier
Il fermera ses yeux à jamais
Dans un tout dernier sourire
Un jour l'un de nous sera trop fatigué
S'en ira presque heureux le premier
Et l'autre s'en tarder viendra le retrouver

Je nous imagine ta main dans la mienne
Nos moindres sourires voudront dire je t'aime

The time we have left

How important time we have left
We will have the chance to grow old together
At the bottom of your eyes live my tenderness
At the bottom of my heart will live your youth

As a prayer in children time
These words on your lips give me confidence
I imagine us your hand in mine
Our smiles least want to say I love you

But one of us will be the first to leave
He closed his eyes forever
In a final smile
And another losing half of his life
It remains each day in the night
His heart beat, of course, but for that but why

Your footstep resonate the door is open
My heart beats faster and I'll find
When our hands are held I forget everything else
I have the feeling that the clock stops

But one of us will be the first
He closed his eyes forever
In a final smile
One day one of us will be too tired
And will go almost glad the first
And I will soon come and let's meet

I imagine us your hand in mine
Our smiles least want to say I love you
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #253 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:48 PM »

Selfish angels,
why?
a thousand years
your blink,
our
tens and tens of lifetimes
each
measured by forever,
lived a minute
you just couldn't wait?
I hope our tears
stain your wings,
salt the crystal sea,
our painful cry
echo beyond celestial music.
Selfish angels,
why?
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #254 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:49 PM »
I just got this in my email and thought i'd share.  Apparently George Carlin (may he RIP) wrote this right after his wife died.

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

If you don't send this to at least 8 people....Who cares?

George Carlin   

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #255 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Touching Shoulders

There's a comforting thought at the close of the day,
When I'm weary and lonely and sad,
That sort of grips hold of my aching sore heart
It bids it be merry and glad.
It gets in my soul and it drives out the blues,
And finally thrills through and through.
It is just a sweet memory that chants the refrain:
"I'm glad I touched shoulders with you!"

Did you know you were brave, did you know you were strong?
Did you know there was one leaning hard?
Did you know that I waited and listened and prayed,
And was cheered by your simplest word?
Did you know what I longed for that smile on your face,
For the sound of your voice ringing true?
Did you know I grew stronger and better because
I had merely touched shoulders with you?

I am glad that I live, that I battle and strive
For the place that I know I must fill;
I am thankful for sorrows, I'll meet with a grin
What fortunes may send, good or ill.
I may have great wealth, I may not be brave.
But I know I shall always be true,
For I have in my life that courage you gave
When once I rubbed shoulders with you.

-Unknown-

Today I miss him more than ever.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #256 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:47 PM »
Yes Tammy, it's wonderful and hits me on so many levels. :\'(  <^(

Especially:

Did you know you were brave, did you know you were strong?
Did you know there was one leaning hard?
Did you know that I waited and listened and prayed,
And was cheered by your simplest word?
Did you know what I longed for that smile on your face,
For the sound of your voice ringing true?
Did you know I grew stronger and better because
I had merely touched shoulders with you?

It's so hard for me to express sometimes all the ways my feelings about Heath converge with my feelings about all of you, and the changes that have occurred in my life since what he and Jake (and Ang and Annie) did. The pieces of me that were reopened by BBM, and revitalized and healed by knowing you, are profoundly grateful for what he and Jake did (and the gracious way they did it) and how that touched me. Two years later, I really feel that I did grow stronger and better because I had merely touched shoulders with you, and in some extended way, with him. And for that, I am more thankful than you, or he, will ever know.

%) friends. Truly. And Heath too. And I don't give a damn anymore if people don't understand that.

Sorry, I'm very tired right now. But I meant every word. :ghug:
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #257 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:47 PM »

I am a person who finds it unacceptable when a young person dies famous or not its not a natural order rather it be accident, murder, illness, whatever I felt the same way when it was the  singer AAliayah, Brandon Lee, John F.Kennedy Jr., Tupac, Biggie Smalls and they all died within the last 12 years and you know what I still feel the lost because each of them had something to bring to music,movies and politics that is sorely needed right now and it will be no different in 10, 20, 30 years when I look back and see Heath Ledger's name added to this sad list they say time heals all wounds I'm not sure about that anymore
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #258 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:47 PM »
I don't think the hurt ever goes away; it just becomes incorporated with the rest of who you are, and you carry it with you along with all of the wonderful memories that gave you a reason to hurt when you lost that person. And all of the lessons you learned, or the things you felt, help shape who you are for the rest of your life. Do I wish it were different? Oh God yes. Do I wish it didn't hurt? Of course. Would I have missed this ride, and feeling the things I feel about him, for anything in the world? Not a chance. He's worth the pain. And having all of you in my life makes it all that much more worth it. :ghug:
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #259 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:47 PM »
It's still hard for me to believe and realize he's not in this world anymore. His death was so sudden and tragic. I loved Heath, he was such a wonderful actor. He would have only gotten better with age and it pains me to know he will never be able to show us that.

I'm sorry for the deaths of those young people, so many more, so many, yet the loss doesn't take my breath, make my gut feel much like Ennis in that alley, haunt me.  He was incredibly special.

jessi
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #260 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:48 PM »
To quote Jack Twist: "There ain't ever enough time"

However, long we live, we have a tendency to get lazy and adopt do it tomorrow attitude. But life's too short whether we live to 28 or 82 or over a 100.

We'll never understand why any young person is taken way before their time and when we lose an older loved one we still ask if only I'd had one more chance, one more drink etc. But the world's a mysterious place & to not have that mystery would make our lives unnecessary.     

Best thing we can do is make the most of every second (as Heath did in my opinion) & love those around us.

Hopefully, what awaits us after this life is a little more relaxing.                               
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #261 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:48 PM »
I love how everyone share their thoughts in here, it really shows Heath the respect, that he truly deserves.

Time has passed, and I still can't freaking believe, that he's gone. I am probably never going to understand, why this had to happen. Heath was an extraordinary actor, he was truly unique and inspirering. Of course, I didn't knew him in person. But in the shows he was in, interviews with him and stuff like that - I really got the feeling, that he was really smart, but yet shy in some way. He was not like other actors, he knew what he was doing. it's hard to describe, but to me he really was like no other actor in the world. It is so unfair, that he is not here anymore - There is no doubt about, that he'll always be remembered.

10 things I hate about you was on TV last night - It is one of my favorite movies, and I just lost control and started crying. It's freaking unfair, that I now have a hard time enjoying Heaths amazing work, because it reminds me of his death and makes me cry like crazy. I'm never going to stop watching his movies though.
And Brokeback mountain is the best movie, I have ever seen in my entire life. It has taught me a lot about love and life. It's an amazing movie for him to be remembered by. And it's for sure, that he always will be remembered. And he'll always live through his daughter, family and those, who were close to him.

Heath, hope you have a sky up there to hold on too.  :\'(

BTW,  ~) - I don't speak English that well, I'm from Europe. Hope it's not completely wrong. Just really wanted to join and share some thoughts about this talented, amazing guy. Cause he deserves all the thoughts in the world.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #262 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:48 PM »
:\'(   Having just joined the forum, I have been wiped out by the sentiments I have been able to see, both in the numbers and content.  Its almost six months later and the pain still is the same.  I thank everyone for sharing their sentiments.

I have only read this in one other place and have been surprised to not see it mentioned again.  In the last scenes, when Ennis finds his shirt inside Jack's (in Jack's closet), with Jack's shirt holding his, I lost it.  Then later in the last scene in the trailer when you see the shirts reversed, with Ennis' shirt on the outside holding Jack, I lost it again.  Both scenes were so touching, and I read that the changing of the shirts was Heath's idea, not Ang Lee.  Sometimes it is still hard to separate Heath from Ennis.  RIP Heath, you will be in our hearts and memories for such a long time to come.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #263 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:49 PM »
It's still three days before his six-month anniversary, and I am at the point where Heath is surreal, a legend that has lived forever and will live forever in his movies. I watched A Knight's Tale again, and the first part of Brokeback Mountain (before the FNIT), and surprisingly few tears came. While watching the movie, Heath is still alive, and vibrant and real. It is only afterwards, out of the blue, reading tributes to his movies, and thinking about something he quoted, that sadness descends like a fog over a noisy city, and the silence speaks loudly of the impact of the man whom I've never met, but will forever love.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #264 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:49 PM »

[SIX MONTHS WITHOUT YOU ALREADY;SIX MONTHS KNOWING THAT THERE'S A STAR THAT SHINES MORE THAN THE OTHERS.AND WE KNOW THAT YOU'RE THIS STAR,BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN CALLED TO HEAVEN SO THAT THE ANGELS ENJOY YOUR SKILLS.BUT SINCE THEN WE NEED THEM AND MISS THEM HERE...

HEATH,WE SWEAR...
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #265 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:49 PM »
6 months.

I still wonder how is that possible, that you're not here. I still don't understand how, and why, of all the people in the world, how could it have happened to you. Why you.

I can't believe that I'll never see new photos of you in this or that event, attending premieres and film festivals, or just wandering around in the streets of Manhatten with Matilda on your shoulders, wearing your stripey clothes and bright colors. I can't believe that I won't see you walking the red carpet again wearing your old scruffy shoes. That I won't hear any new interviews with you, talking in that deep, low, sexy voice that I love so much. That I won't hear about any new movies that you're filming, and get all excited when I'm waiting to see your incredible talent shine on the screen again. That there won't be anything new to look forward to.

I know I've never met you, but I miss you so much.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #266 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Heath you will always be remembered, in loving memory of you

Brokeback Mountain was the first movie I saw
With you in it and it kept me in awe
Atfer that I was hooked on your face
On your big wide smile and your eyes full of grace

I saw every movie that you were in
And I fell in love with your infectious grin
Evening after evening curled up in my seat
I watched you, you made me complete

Then the news came that you died
I felt ripped apart, completely, inside
I couldn't believe that you were gone
And I cried my eyes out from dusk til dawn

It's been six months now and I still can't believe
That you are gone, but I am naive
You seem so alive now The dark Night arrived
It feels like you're here and that you survived

The Joker is one of your best performances so far
Including the role of Ennis, what made you a superstar
I haven't seen it yet, but I will in a day
And I know you won't disappoint me and blow me away

My sweet Heath I wish you were here
To hear the standing ovations at the premier
They are all for you and you deserve them so much
An amazing actor with a wonderful touch

I still miss you every single day
I hope you can feel our love and that you're okay
And although we are a thousand miles apart
I will continue loving you with all of my heart

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #267 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:50 PM »

Miss ya cowboy!

I wasn't going to try and put thoughts into words today - it seemed too difficult to find words among the loss I have felt.  But when I saw the tribute Chameau posted, the candles surrounding Heath on his horse, riding away, I admit I cried.   I am 71 years old and this is the first time in  my life I have been so touched by the loss of someone I never met in person.  But I did meet him on the silver screen, the symbol of his craft.  What he left us in Brokeback Mountain was a picture of a tormented, lonely person who wanted to love and be loved, and both didn't know how and was afraid to.  In the role of Ennis del Mar Heath left us a legacy, that of a young actor committed to his craft as no one else I have seen in years.  He was singularly able to reach out and touch the hearts of so many people so deeply that he will never by forgotten. The admiration, devotion and respect felt by so many is indeed a tribute to his memory, both as an artist and as a person.  As time passes our tears may lessen, but there will always be a sadness in our hearts for his having been taken before his time, and our thoughts of what might have been.  Rest in  peace, Heath. ^f^
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2008, 10:05 PM by chameau »
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #268 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Some of the brightest stars shining in the heavens today burned out centuries ago. But though they are no longer alive, they continue to light our way, brighten our skies, and inspire our hearts. Beauty never dies; it is just sometimes seen from a greater distance.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #269 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Barb  :\'( :ghug:

"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose.
All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." ~ Helen Keller
 Jean-Louis Barrault