Author Topic: We cant watch BBM legally yet  (Read 6981 times)

Offline RusMountain

• Cassie
We cant watch BBM legally yet
« on: Feb 08, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Me and many people in Russia had been waiting for BBM for a long time. but till the moment BBM is not demonstrated in russian cinemas.
Thanks to pirates, we only got illegal DVDs.  :'(
 Im greatly dissapointed that cant watch this film in a cinema!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: We cant watch BBM legally yet
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Hello RusMountain welcome to this forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry that BBM is not showing in Russia. Do you know when it is scheduled to be shown there?

This forum has a lot of interesting discussion so it may help a little. Again welcome

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Welcome RusMountain.   I do hope BBM will inevitably show in Russia.  I would love to hear your impressions on how the movie is being received amongst people/friends/acquaintances who have seen it.

Offline RusMountain

• Cassie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:02 AM »
As they say - the beginning of march (but before the said - the beginning of february  :()
I think that anyway it wil be after the Oscar awards (No doubt BBM will take a lot of oscars)
I think - the reason is commercial one

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:07 AM »
I think - the reason is commercial one

There is probably concern that the subject matter is not attractive to most movie-goers in Russia.  I had thought the same thing in the USA.  But there is reason to be optimistic! :)

Offline RusMountain

• Cassie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:09 AM »
to TPE

As for me - it impressed me greatly, though "greatly" is not an accurate enough  word for it.
I have seen it for 3 times - and when it will appear in cinemas - will see the 4Th time.
The majority of people in Russia who watched this film point out that inspite of sexual context - that is a masterpiece (at least my friends say so).

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:45 AM »
to TPE

As for me - it impressed me greatly, though "greatly" is not an accurate enough  word for it.
I have seen it for 3 times - and when it will appear in cinemas - will see the 4Th time.
The majority of people in Russia who watched this film point out that inspite of sexual context - that is a masterpiece (at least my friends say so).

RusMountain, thanks for sharing this.  I think the story is indeed universal.  And in spite of all the hype and inevitable reactions to the said hype, BBM is indeed a masterpiece.  Will it win any Oscars?  This is not really the question.  For me, the true question is: will the Oscars stay on the side of history?

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:00 PM »
to TPE

RusMountain, they are right and so are you! A true classic, a masterpiece in every sense of the word. I hope it plays in your country. I've never been to Russia, but it looks beautiful.
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2006, 01:49 AM »
RussMountain -

I'm curious about your DVD. Does it have Russian subtitles? Has the dialog been dubbed in Russian? If it's only in English, it must be very hard to understand with all the regional slang.

Offline RusMountain

• Cassie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:02 PM »
Thank U for your interest (though I hope U are not a policeman ;)
The DVD has two language-lines: russian (dubbed) and english.
It seems to me that I managed to understand the dialogs (after the first watch I also read A.Proulx' short story!)

Offline RusMountain

• Cassie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:11 PM »
RusMountain, they are right and so are you! A true classic, a masterpiece in every sense of the word. I hope it plays in your country. I've never been to Russia, but it looks beautiful.

Im glad that so many people agree with me.
And welcome to Russia. There are ... alot of MOUNTAINS there!!!