Author Topic: Could you hear Ennis whisper "later" after the 1st reunion kiss?  (Read 5829 times)

Offline Uptown_Gal

• Alma Jr.
I am always breathless after I watch Ennis and Jack's 4-year reunion scene.  Their heartfelt embrace, the fierce mouth-to-mouth, the hand caressing the face, the nuzzle, the passion, etc. 

After they separate for air, before Ennis leads Jack up the stairs to meet Alma, am I right in hearing Ennis say softly "Later."  He says that right after Jack wants to resume kissing Ennis, but Ennis gently pushes Jack's arms away, caresses his face, and sort of Eskimo kisses him, tucks his shirt, and heads up the stairs.  After "later (?), " what else does Ennis say?  I couldn't hear it.

Offline rane99

• Lureen
I heard his say "hey'  as in 'we should stop, I don't want to, but we're not in private.

Could be wrong...'
So's long as the bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
Just been watching this on youtube with headphones on and that's the first time I've heard the "hey" when he touches Jack's face. I'm pretty sure he says something else right after the nuzzle too - "later" would fit there. It's like he's reassuring Jack that the end of their kiss is only temporary - like "wait till we're alone together later on"
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Twisted

• Jack + Ennis
  • "Ain't no reins on this one"
I heard Jack saying camoon just when Alma opens the door, and then Ennis is saying later just before going upstairs.
The most difficult scene was the paragraph where, on the mountain, Ennis holds Jack and rocks back and forth, humming, the moment mixed with childhood loss and his refusal to admit he was holding a man.

- Annie Proulx -

From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood, Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking.

Offline that_gal

• Cassie
Yes, I hear Ennis tell Jack later and then come on before they climb the stairs to the apartment. Its a wonder they could take the stairs at all!!
OK, I am getting warm now here at work thinking about this scene and what will be going on at the motel---have to get a glass of water!

Offline Riobbm23

• Lureen
  • ((( BBM )))
Yes, Ennis does say 'Hey' and 'Later' after they kissed...  Well, that's no mistery to me because I hear it everytime I play the movie!

;) :D
((( 'Love can touch you one time and last for a lifetime' BBM )))

Sunflower79

I have yet to here it..but next time I watch the movie..I will listen very carefully for it..the reunion kiss scene is just hot :)

greenfrog

The first time I saw that scene, I only just heard him say "later".  ;D

I didn't hear him say "hey" though.  ???

Offline shieldmaid

• Jack
This just gives me another reason to rewatch this scene--I've heard the "Later," but not the "Hey" or "come on."  :)
some open space between

greenfrog

This just gives me another reason to rewatch this scene--I've heard the "Later," but not the "Hey" or "come on."  :)

Any excuse will do  ;)