Author Topic: ennisjack.com Newsletter Archive, July to September 2008  (Read 7955 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
ennisjack.com Newsletter
June 30- July 13, 2008

Greetings fellow Brokies.

The past few months have been a whirlwind of Brokie gatherings and mini meets, and it makes my heart fill up every time I see another post about two or more members having the chance to meet in person. It’s just one more way to spread our goodwill around the world. I have also noticed the birth of a lot of new threads, and I’m having so much fun discovering them, even as I struggle to keep up with them! It’s uplifting to see interest in so many things, from story and character development to our own personal interests. And it’s each one of you that gives this forum its distinct and beautiful personality. So thank you from me for continuing to give us all a place to come to where we can share our feelings about Brokeback Mountain, and play together in the threads and occasionally in the ‘real world’ too. Love to you all.

FlwrChild

New Threads

BBM the Opera

As we expect a lot of discussion about this and plan maybe a meeting in 2013 in New York City, this subject better have it's own thread.  All the related posts have been put together.

Posted by tpe on June 10
'Brokeback Mountain' to be staged as opera
Published: June 9, 2008 at 8:26 AM

NEW YORK, June 9 (UPI) -- The New York City Opera said it is planning to stage an adaptation of Annie Proulx's short story "Brokeback Mountain."

Proulx's work about a pair of cowboys who fall in love was the basis for Ang Lee's acclaimed 2005 film, which co-starred Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger.

The New York Times said the New York City Opera has hired composer Charles Wuorinen to create an opera based on the original story.

The opera is scheduled to premiere in 2013, the newspaper said.

Click here to go to the thread.

"Rodeo, the Pissant Combine Salesman"

Started by manhattangirl on June 22, 2008
Tony's as always had to "go there", and the the "there" is the layers of Jack Twist.   If we took Ennis out of equation for a little while.  Who was Jack? 

A boy longing for his abusive father approval, but knowing he would never please the old man, but continue to try.  Jack never cut the ties of childhood, his mother preserved it, by keeping his room the way it was when he was a boy.  "he seem to appreciate that".  Where Ennis feared his father, Jack longed for his. 

No matter how Jack tried he couldn't get that validation of his manhood from either his father, or LD.  The two Stud Ducks, put him down and kept him there.  I've always wondered is this the reason why Jack went to men, to get some kind validation by giving himself to them, looking for some sort of father figure to take him under his wing, and guide him into manhood, (Please don't come after me with torches ablazing, and a hanging rope, just a thought).

Jack struggle was finding self respect, to be respected.  He wanted to be Mr. Jack Twist, but ended up being "Rodeo, the pissant Combine Saleman".  In Texas, thats all he was.   His wife instead of supporting him resigned herself to idea he was just that.   Their marriage a mystery, did she know, did she suspect, or simply she married down instead of up, and it was too late to do anything about.  It was never so clear, as to Jack standing, when his son was born, treated no better that the help, he perform his husbandly duties, got Lureen pregnant and had a son, but reminded no better than a house worker. 

Then there was Ennis, someone who gave him respect, who look at him as a man equal to him.  He was Jack f#@king Twist, and Ennis accepted him as his friend, and his lover.

I'm just wondering from what we know, is Jack one dimensional, or just as complex as Ennis.   what do you think really made him tick, what went on in his life that made him the man he was.

Meeting in Oxford

Many Brokies met last week in Oxford, UK.

Posted by Kazza on June 23
Excerpts
…Saying bye to those leaving on Sunday afternoon was very sad, but knowing that new friendships had been forged and existing ones deepened was wonderful.
Strolling round Oxford and visiting Magdalen Collage, which was breathtaking.
Sitting on the grass watching the punting, chatting about life.
The screening - oh my, 65 Brokies all together at a private screening. Just for us. It was amazing. The emotion could be felt in the room...

Click on the picture below to read the full post and see pictures from the event.

Pix with Poems

Le rêve est toujours présent,
Il y a toutes ces images,
Mais des images dans le vent
et ce sourire d'un autre âge.

Je rêve toujours et encore
Je rêve d'un amour paisible
Où la nuit, sans effort
Nos corps sont indivisibles.

The dream is always present,
There is all these images,
But images in the wind
and that smile of another age.

I dream again and again
I dream of a peaceful love
Where the night, without effort
Our bodies are indivisible.

Mikele

Brokies Keep Getting Together

Albany, July 4-6 2008

Albany, NY

Last Call!  GR Lewis will be the host in Albany during the Independence Day weekend.  Click here to go to the thread.

**NEW** The Dark Knight at London IMAX **NEW**

London, UK

Started by Kazza on June 23
It is my dearest wish to see BBM at the IMAX in London. It might never happen, but maybe one day if I keep clicking my heels together...

They will however, will showing The Dark Knight from 25 July. Details can be found here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/node/3554

Having seen at least one standard film there (i.e. non IMAX format) I can tell you it is a pretty amazing experience even for non IMAX films. The screen is huge and the sound fantastic. Seeing as some IMAX technology was used during the filming of TDK it should be even more impressive.

If anyone is interested we could perhaps meet one evening, have a bit of dinner and see the film.

I'm very aware that for many people it might be difficult to think about seeing Heath on the big screen, but I thought that I'd post this info for those who might be interested.

Karen

Seattle Summer 2008 Planning Stages, August 1-4 2008

Seattle, WA

Dirtbiker will be the host at the Tee Lake house the first weekend of August, if you're interested click here.

BBM Screening at the Samuel Golden Theater in Beverly Hills, August 4 2008

Beverly Hills, CA

Brokeback Mountain will be shown this summer at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California on August 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM  as part of the Academy's  “Great To Be Nominated” series. This gathering is organized by BayCityJohn , click here to go to the thread. Scheduled post-film discussion panelists include producer and co-screenwriter Diana Ossana and production designer Judy Becker.

**NEW** Mini Meet in Montreal August 22 -24 **NEW**

Montreal, Canada

Some Brokies will meet in Montreal next August, chameauwill be the host, click here to go to the thread.

Brussel's gathering - October 1-7 2008

Brussels, Belgium

Titabeille and her husband will be the hosts from October 1 to October 7 2008 in Brussels, click here to go to the main discussion & planning thread.

It might looks early but reserving hotel rooms could be an issue and we might act fast for our reservations.  The same applies for the ones traveling by plane, rates are increasing so if you are sure to make it to Brussels you better book your tickets to get a decent price, specially if you will be flying from another continent.  There is a specific thread for attendance, click on Attendees for the Brussel's gathering - October 2008

It looks like 20+ Brokies will be meeting in Brussels.

^-^

How Did You Find/Know this Forum?

We are curious how and where on the web you found a reference about ennisjack.com.  Click on the picture below to share your story.

Gay Pride Around the World

There is a list of the different events for 2008 around the World, some dates are missing... and for sure some events too.  Click on the picture below to posts any update.  The dates will be published in coming editions of the Newsletter's calendar.

Calendar for the next two weeks

July 1 - Birthdays: meandennis (61)

July 2 - Birthdays: phathead (41)

July 3 - Madrid, Spain (Madrid Pride, July 3 - 6)

July 4 - Birthdays: Insomniac487 (21), topman12
Events: * Albany Gathering, day one, Atlanta, GA (Atlanta Pride Festival 2008, July 4 – 6)

July 5 - Events: * Albany Gathering, day two, London, England (Pride London)

July 6 - Birthdays: Desireé (19), Events: * Albany Gathering, day three

July 9 - Birthdays: MChantal76 (32), Androclo, paulp (53)

July 10 - Birthdays: Mélanos (57), gege (15)

July 11 - Birthdays: fairy (29)

July 12 - Birthdays: dblippy (39) , Porto, Portugal (Porto Pride), Vienna, Austria (Gay Pride: Regenbogenparade)

July 13 - Birthdays: sspude4 (32)

Got News or Ideas?

Please help the editing team by sending new items you think should be in the newsletter. Is there a post that really touched you? Do you have something that needs to be announced? Whatever you think would be good for the newsletter, please post them there:  Newsletter

Questions, Suggestions & Technical Issues

What's on your wish list for this board? Ask questions about the forum and report your technical issues Here too.

Archives of the previous Newsletters

Are you looking for the previous Newsletters?  We reorganized the archives by quarter in order to make them easy to visit, they are all in the Forum Newsletter Board.

Bye Brokies...

See you in two weeks! 

June 30- July 13, editors: FlwrChild, Asali, Chameau , Ethan & LuvJackNasty .  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Click here to print the Newsletter.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2008, 09:43 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: ennisjack.com Newsletter Archive, July to September 2008
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:32 PM »
ennisjack.com Newsletter
July 14-27 2008

Summer...

...for many it means vacations and traveling, traveling often means meeting friends and family... For many members here, I'm a part of that flock, traveling means more and more opportunities to meet friends we met here, first on line.  We eventually met for real and now are looking for more opportunities to meet again and again, we can't hardly stand it, it's because of you Brokies we're like this.  We are family.

Happy Summer and have good vacations...

Born From their Love...Forever Bound by Ours

...hope to meet you soon!

chameau

Forum Maintenance

It is time again for the forum's monthly maintenance and backup. In order to do it properly, the forum will be "off line" for a short period of time.  If you could please help us in cleaning the inbox & outbox of your personal messages before we proceed.

Here is the maintenance schedule:

July 24

Pacific Time, 8:00pm
Mountain Time: 9:00pm
Central Time:  10:00pm
Eastern Time:  11:00 pm

July 25

United Kingdom:  4:00am
Western Europe:  5:00am
Central Europe:  6:00am
Taiwan: 11:00 am
Australia (Sydney): 1:00pm

If you experience any problem or you want to provide feedback,  please report them here.

Send up a prayer for Rajel

On July 2nd Baby Tammy informed us one of our members, Lady Ashkenazi, was seriously injured and she was inviting us to pray for her.  Sadder news were posted on July 4th as Rajel left this world.  She was 22 years old.

If you wish to post  prayers for her and condolences for her husband and her twin sons click on the picture below.

picture from Carmilla

"Baruch atah Hashem Elokeinu melech haolam, dayan ha'emet"

May she rest in peace
quote from Froggy

Quotes

Posted by sportstalk23 on July 6 in How long will your fascination of Brokeback last?
the best way to answer this question is in the words of that Outkast song "forever ever forever ever forever ever"  ;D this movie is timeless and a classic some movies come along get their 15 minutes of fame and fade into oblivion cough*(crash)  ::) just typing that word took some effort  ;) BBM is simply one of G.O.A.T
(greatest of all time)

Posted by Jackster on July 6 in PBS (post brokeback syndrome)
Kemmer

Was touched by your missive here. Made me think about how I believe that none of us will be ever able to “lose that”. Like those shirts hanging up there in Jack’s closet, not just four years, but eight years, then twelve, then sixteen, then . . . . And then hanging there in Ennis’ closet. All those years, the meaning was still there, hanging silently in mute testimony. Even when nothing was happening, when Jack was gone, they hung there - as ideas and dreams hang in the back of your head. That's what Brokeback Mountain will always be for me even many, many, years hence, it'll always be hanging there for me.

Pix with Poems

Posted by jessi on October 14 2007 in Pix with Poems
This is inspired by the June 24. 1967 anniversary video. 

I Will Remember

When I am very old and gray,
wrinkled,
bones creak and ache,
this will be,
these hours,
always,
as long as I live,
and through forever,
when I remember
when I remember
little darlin,
when I remember
the time I could never forget,
when I remember why I ever breathed,
when I remember,
the few times I lived,
when each day my heart beats
I swear,
I swear,
I will remember this day.

jessi

Brokies Traveling and Meeting Again and Again

Mini Meet in New York

There was a mini meeting in New York City on Saturday June 28, two friends traveling from Montreal with chameau met Ethan, bubu and LuvJackNasty .
By the way, if you could avoid it, don't visit New York City in Summer!   Click on the picture below to see pictures and a video from some hot day in New York.

BBM Fan in Chicago, July 3-4 2008
BBM Fan & tpe met in Chicago during the Independance Day weekend, click on the picture below for news and pictures from their meeting.

Another Mini-Meeting in Barcelona

myprivatejack met Ethan and bubu who were traveling then by Barcelona, Spain, on July 5. 
Click on the picture below for the story and pictures of their adventures. :)

Gay Pride in Vienna

Tizi17 and GayFred37 met in Vienna, Austria, for the Regenbogenparade Wien on July 12, click on the picture below and this link to see their pictures.  :c)

The Dark Knight at London IMAX

London, UK

If you are interested to meet Kazza and other Brokies to watch The Dark Knigth in Imax in London, click here to go to the thread.  TDK will start showing in London on July 25.

Seattle, WA

Dirtbiker will be the host at the Tee Lake house the first weekend of August, if you're interested click here.

Beverly Hills, CA

Brokeback Mountain will be shown this summer at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California on August 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM  as part of the Academy's  “Great To Be Nominated” series. This gathering is organisez by BayCityJohn , click here to go to the thread.

Mini Meet in Montreal August 22 -24

Montreal, Canada

Some Brokies will meet in Montreal next August, chameau will be the host, click here to go to the thread.

Brussels, Belgium

Titabeille and her husband will be the hosts from October 1 to October 7 2008 in Brussels, click here to go to the main discussion & planning thread.

It might looks early but reserving hotel rooms could be an issue and we might act fast for our reservations.  The same applies for the ones traveling by plane, rates are increasing so if you are sure to make it to Brussels you better book your tickets to get a decent price, specially if you will be flying from another continent.  There is a specific thread for attendance, click on Attendees for the Brussel's gathering - October 2008.  So far about 25 Brokies will attend this gathering. :)

Heath THE Joker

The Dark Knight, the movie many of us are waiting for and the last movie completed by Heath Ledger.  You will find here the release dates in many countries, source imdb.com.  We have a thread dedicated to Heath THE Joker, click on the picture below to access it... and post your reviews?

Picture from ksxks, aka Kathy

Release dates

Philippines, 16 July 2008
Argentina, 17 July 2008
Australia, 17 July 2008
Greece, 17 July 2008
Hong Kong, 17 July 2008
Peru, 17 July 2008
Singapore, 17 July 2008
Taiwan, 17 July 2008
Brazil, 18 July 2008
Canada, 18 July 2008
Mexico, 18 July 2008
USA, 18 July 2008
Venezuela, 18 July 2008
UK, 21 July 2008 (London premiere)
Belgium, 23 July 2008
Egypt, 23 July 2008
Iceland, 23 July 2008
Italy, 23 July 2008
Israel, 24 July 2008
Netherlands, 24 July 2008
New Zealand, 24 July 2008
Portugal, 24 July 2008
Estonia, 25 July 2008
Finland, 25 July 2008
Norway, 25 July 2008
South Africa, 25 July 2008
Sweden, 25 July 2008
Turkey, 25 July 2008
UK, 25 July 2008
Hungary, 7 August 2008
South Korea, 7 August 2008
Japan, 9 August 2008
France, 13 August 2008
Spain, 13 August 2008
Russia, 14 August 2008
Germany, 21 August 2008

We are curious how and where on the web you found a reference about ennisjack.com.  Click on the picture below to share your story.

There is a list of the different events for 2008 around the World, some dates are missing... and for sure some events too.  Click on the picture below to posts any update.  The dates will be published in coming editions of the Newsletter's calendar.

July 14 - Birthdays: Jack del Sur (49)

July 15 - Birthdays: daveya26 (36), athena0204 (21)

July 16 - Birthdays: donnaread (59), Stephie (20), endlesslove57 (51)

July 17 - Birthdays: torontoguy20 (27), TeddybearEyes (25), Front-Ranger (57)

July 18 - Birthdays: Nerk (20), chinook (44), Frankfurt, Germany (Christopher Street Day 2008, July 18 - 20)

July 19 - San Diego, CA (San Diego LGBT Pride, July 19 - 20)

July 20 - Birthdays: flikker2005 (55)

July 21 - Birthdays: Ghosted Angel (19)

July 23 - Birthdays: just like this¯always (18), kitstar (26), tizi17 (49)

July 24 - Birthdays: Tiger24 (19), ramona4jake (39)

July 25 - Birthdays: geifuransujin (19) , Stockholm, Sweden (EuroPride 08, July 25 - Aug 3)

July 26 - Birthdays: needabbm, daphne (38), Sergey (22), rt_in_town (28) , Charlotte, NC (Pride Charlotte 2008), Harrisburg, PA (Harrisburg PrideFest 2008), Jacksonville, FL (First Coast Pride, July 26 - Aug 26)

July 27 - Birthdays: mikele (43), dodoLea (37), Montreal, Quebec (Divers/Cité, July 27 - Aug 3)

Got News or Ideas?

Please help the editing team by sending new items you think should be in the newsletter. Is there a post that really touched you? Do you have something that needs to be announced? Whatever you think would be good for the newsletter, please post them there:  Newsletter

What's on your wish list for this board? Ask questions about the forum and report your technical issues Here too.

Are you looking for the previous Newsletters?  We reorganized the archives by quarter in order to make them easy to visit, they are all in the Forum Newsletter Board.

Bye Brokies...

...See you in two weeks! 

July 14-27, editors: chameau & LuvJackNasty .  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2008, 03:42 PM »
ennisjack.com Newsletter
July 28-August 10 2008

Jokermania!

Finally, the long waited movie was released in many countries, it will be released in others by the end of the Summer. Many members here watched it, more than once for some.  I would like to thank all the members who posted their reviews and special thanks for not posting spoilers since many of us didn't have the opportunity to watch it yet.

The quote below from NoReins resumes very well what many of us posted already.

Jesus.

I'm just back from seeing TDK and...jesus. What a performance. What a terrifying, loveable, mad, psychotic, wonderful, awesome performance. I didn't see Heath once and I didn't hear him either. I just saw and heard the Joker and I was blown away. The makeup, the facial expressions, the body language, the smacking and licking of his lips and the voice - all of them were the work of a genius at his craft. if that's not an Oscar worthy performance, I don't know what is.

I was so, so proud of our boy tonight. And heartbroken that that's all there is :\'(

Heath - I salute you, and I miss you more than ever.

Some of us met for the occasion, some traveled too to meet friends and watch The Dark Knight together, click on the picture below for reviews, pictures and even a video of their adventures. 

I personally watched it twice... I plan to see it again.  :i

See you in two weeks Brokies,

%)

chameau

New Thread

Ted & Lisa's Excellent Adventure (The Jake Visit Report)

Started by dontwanttosayGB on July 13

This is the the story of Ted and Lisa's Excellent Adventure to visit Jake Gyllenhaal in South Carolina at the end of April, click on the picture below to go to the thread.

Meet the Authors

Fan Fictions are stories of the characters of Ennis and Jack from many authors others than Annie Proulx.  ;)

You could find more about this here.

Warning!  ???  Many of the stories have explicit sexual content and coarse language.

This week an interview with annabirmingham,  author of Four-Two Offense.

Are you a professional writer?
Nope, never written a thing outside school (work stuff aside), until BBM.

If yes, have you published anything and if so what?
No - see above! I'd love to be a professional screen writer though as I tend to see stories in a very 'visual' way. It's a tough business to get into, but you've got to have dreams!

If no, What's your job in the ''real'' world?
I work for a global accountancy firm, valuing companies. Very proper. I'm sure I'd get sacked if they knew what I did in my spare time, LOL!!

What brought you to write about the characters of Ennis & Jack?
I'm not completely sure. No film ever hit me the way BBM did. I was an emotional wreck. I started reading slash to fill in the 'gaps' and look for that happy ending. Then Sienna and Lolitaray ran the 'Lovefest' back in March and I was tempted to write a couple of short stories of my own. It kind of went from there!

Are you writing Fan Fictions about other characters others than the ones from BBM?
No. Although I read a fair bit of RPS about other characters. Some of the Harry Potter and Shelter fics look appealing but I haven't read much of those yet - doubt I would write about anything other than Jack and Ennis, but never say never!

Is it sometimes difficult to deal with the critics and comments of your readers?
No, as the readers of my fic leave such lovely comments!! I've only had one bit of concrit, which the reader was nice enough to send as a PM rather than post publicly on my LJ. I had no problem with that.  My beta is also really good at picking up something (like a character reaction) that could be perceived badly or as inconsistent - she is my safety net, so if I can get it past her then I'm fairly confident most people will be ok!

If you could change one thing about the story/movie what would that be? (excluding keeping Jack alive... I think we all would change that if we could!)
That we saw more of Jack and Ennis together!! More tent moments! I think we'd all have loved that :) I'd also liked to have seen more of Jack's life with Lureen, in between his 'fishing' trips with Ennis. I liked Lureen and always wondered what kind of relationship she had with Jack and how much she knew. I know that's two things, but hey...

You could find the thread for Four-Two Offense here.

Pix with Poems

Posted for Flwrchild by chameau who added the pictures on October 16 2007 in Pix with Poems

For five days
every four months
three times a year
two hearts
beat as one.

picture by Bruxa23

**Last Call!**

Seattle, WA

**First and Last Call!**
Outdoor Screening of Brokeback Mountain August 2

Somerset House (UK)

Started by Kazza on July 14
Somerset house is hosting their summer screening again, and this year they are showing Brokeback Mountain. Saturday 2 August 2008.
You need to book in advance, it's a huge thing every year, and this year they’ve created a themed menu around each film, so there’s something new to eat each night.

Brokeback Mountain Menu
Vegetable Chilli with corn bread £3.50
Beef Chilli with corn bread £4.50

NO more beans after that for sure!!

**Last Call!**

Beverly Hills, CA

Brokeback Mountain will be shown this summer at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California on August 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM  as part of the Academy's  “Great To Be Nominated” series. This gathering is organisez by BayCityJohn , click here to go to the thread.

Montreal, Canada

Some Brokies will meet in Montreal next August, chameau will be the host, click here to go to the thread.

Brussels, Belgium

It might looks early but reserving hotel rooms could be an issue and we might act fast for our reservations.  The same applies for the ones traveling by plane, rates are increasing so if you are sure to make it to Brussels you better book your tickets to get a decent price, specially if you will be flying from another continent.  There is a specific thread for attendance, click on Attendees for the Brussel's gathering - October 2008.  So far about 25 Brokies will attend this gathering. :)

Posted by Twisted on July 13 in Ennis del Mar: BBM Screencaps & Pix.

I thought youd be out of my mind
And Id finally found a way to learn to live without you
I thought it was just a matter of time
Till I had a hundred reasons not to think about you

But its just not so
And after all this time, I still cant let go

Ive still got your face
Painted on my heart
Scrawled upon my soul
Etched upon my memory, baby

Ive got your kiss
Still burning on my lips
The touch of my fingertips
This love so deep inside of me, baby

Ive tried everything that I can
To get my heart to forget you
But it just cant seem to

I guess its just no use
In every part of me
Is still a part of you

And Ive still got your face
Painted on my heart
Scrawled upon my soul
Etched upon my memory, baby

Ive got your kiss
Still burning on my lips
The touch of his fingertips

Ive still got your face
Painted on my heart
Painted on my heart
Painted on my heart, oh baby

Something in your eyes keeps haunting me
Im trying to escape you
And I know there aint no way to
To chase you from my mind

Ive still got your face
Painted on my heart
Scrawled upon my soul
Etched upon my memory baby

Ive got your kiss
Still burning on my lips
The touch of my fingertips

Ive still got your face
Ive still got your face
Painted on my heart
Painted on my heart

July 28 - Birthdays: frenchcda (53)

July 29 - Birthdays: Mary Martha (52)

July 30 - Birthdays: Nightwolf (40), tpkomodo (32), enkidu (24), Rik666 (29)

August 1 - Birthdays: manoftheprairie (50), Events: * Seattle Gathering Day 1 , Amsterdam, NL (Amsterdam Pride 2008, August 1 - 3)

August 2 - Birthdays: BBMFAN4EVER (46), Events: * Seattle Gathering day 2, Carlsbad, CA (North County San Diego Pride)

August 3  - Birthdays: shakestheground (45), Events: * Seattle Gathering Day 3, Vancouver, BC, Canada (Vancouver Pride)

August 4 - Birthdays: zathycat (46), slash_lover (17), Events: * Brokeback Mountain at the Samuel  Goodwin Theater

August 5 - Birthdays: KitKat (37)

August 6 - Birthdays: nohairforoil, MarieMJS (26)

August 7 - Birthdays: chloe_amethyst (45), lee773 (56), nixatnite (41) , Reykjavik, Iceland (Reykjavik Pride, Aug 7 - 10)

August 8 - Birthdays: yncroger (65), Cykobear (50)

August 9 - Birthdays: Mario83 (25)

August 10 - Birthdays: bachalive (31), vielleicht (41) 

Got News or Ideas?

Bye Brokies...

...See you in two weeks!

July 28 -August 10, editors: Asali, chameau & LuvJackNasty .  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2008, 06:00 PM »
ennisjack.com Newsletter
August 11 - 24 2008

Adventures on the West Coast

Hello Friends,

Some Brokies met on the West Coast last week, the story started in Seattle, then some went to Beverly Hills to watch Brokeback Mountain at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater and some lucky ones even went further South afterward for a last meeting in San Diego.

You will find below links for each event, you just have to click on the pictures, by the way all of these pictures are from ksxks aka Kathy.

Seattle Summer 2008: July 31 - August 3

Brokeback Mountain at the Samuel Goldwyn Theatre, August 4, 2008

This is a quote from tpe about his experience watching BBM again on the big screen.

I could actually hear Ethan crying at the end of the screening.  I don't think he was the only one in tears in the end. 

Applause broke out as the major cast members' and director's names showed up in the credits.  And because Peter McRobbie sent a very moving letter that was read at the start of the screening, his name was also applauded.

It was amazing to see the movie twice in the space of a few days.  I remember that early this year, I had feared seeing the movie, on account of the events of late January.  Watching the movie in Seattle and LA affirmed what I discovered in Eau Claire -- that Heath is still very much alive in BBM.  We want to remember him this way, close to the hight of his powers.

San Diego California Meet August 5-6, 2008

Finally, I'm thrilled to be the host in Montreal in a little less than two weeks, don't worry we will post loads of pictures.

See you then,

chameau

Forum Maintenance

It is time again for the forum's monthly maintenance and backup. In order to do it properly, the forum will be "off line" for a short period of time.  If you could please help us in cleaning the inbox & outbox of your personal messages before we proceed.

August 21

August 22

If you experience any problem or you want to provide feedback,  please report them here.

Quotes

Posted by tizi17 on July 30 in How long will your fascination of Brokeback last?
i sometimes wonder about that question...  :s)

when i arrived here i was in search for help which i gratefully found amongst the wonderful people here..  ^f^
i thought when i started to heal i would leave here, move on.

i have healed. and i have moved on.. yes.

but BBM is so much part of my life that it has not left me. I am bound to ennisjack, now even more by knowing many nice people personnally  <^( . and i am bound to ennis and jack, more than just a story, more than a film.

maybe we all will move on for good one day - but BBM will remain part of our life, part of our personal history.

Posted by manhattangirl on August 1st in Pawning the White Moon - Caption your Favorite BBM Photo

Ennis (thinking):

Meet the Authors

Fan Fictions are stories of the characters of Ennis and Jack from many authors others than Annie Proulx.  ;)

Warning!  ???  Many of the stories have explicit sexual content and coarse language.

This week an interview with cornflake author of Suspension

Oh- I wish I was. I write stories since I’m 13 and I always yearned for becoming a professional writer. And It looks like I finally get the opportunity to.

Nothing yet, but I got an offer to. *yeah*

I’m a forwarding agent. I noticed that most people don’t know what it is: It’s someone who organizes freight transports and in charge of the trucks on the road all over the world.

First I have to say that I started writing about Ennis and Jack (and still do) together with one of my best friends, SadAngel. We wrote stories just for ourselves and then decided to post them in our German community. We then got the chance to translate them with the help of a lot of wonderful people. Thanks so much to Torry, Annika, noreins, mylildarling and bmshirts. It’s hard work to translate everything in English and I’m more than glad that we have so great helpers.
SadAngel and me wrote a lot of different stories just for fun, but then started to publish them at LJ finally. I can’t thank our readers enough for leaving so lovely comments to each chapter. It really encourages us to go on!
I love to write about Ennis and Jack because Brokeback Mountain really changed my way to live. Those two cowboys enrich my life and make me smile every day. They’re hot, sexy and full of love and passion.

Are you writing Fan Fictions about other characters others than the ones from BBM?

SadAngel and me wrote a crossover with Brian and Justin of QAF some time ago and also RPS and RPF stories. But besides that, no other characters.

Is it sometimes difficult to deal with the critics and comments of your readers?

To be honest: Yes it is. I have some very hard critics and sometimes it hurts to read about your own mistakes in a story. But at least I know that it’s only good will to help and not willfully. The stories develop in my mind and in my heart and that’s why it hits me hard sometimes if readers think that it’s not realistic.
But I’m lucky anyhow, because I mostly get wonderful and praising comments and I try to reply each of them asap.

If you could change one thing about the story/movie what would that be? (excluding keeping Jack alive... I think we all would change that if we could!)

In my opinion the movie is perfect just the way it is. Of course I wished for more scenes between Ennis and Jack kissing, cuddling, hugging, touching, having sex *g**naughty me*  But that’s what fanfictions and fantasy are for. *he he*
I wished Ennis had told Jack in the movie that he’s his “lil darlin’” like in the book *sigh*, but I’m sure Jack knew anyhow.

You will find the discussion thread here.

Pix with Poems

Posted by jessi on October 15 2007 in Pix with Poems

Soft, wet, hot, bruising,
taste of cigarettes and beer,
damn, your mouth is sweet.

jessi

**Last Call**

Montreal, Canada

Brussels, Belgium

August 11  - Birthdays: Michael (26), Lost_Girl (20), Eugen (41), nrvguy (55), Copenhagen, Denmark (Copenhagen Pride 2008, August 11 - 16)

August 12  - Birthdays: Halenfarewell (52)

August 13 - Birthdays: brokenheart5813 (48)

August 14 - Birthdays: rlmoonyk (18), Leann (18), pichayaaznbabe (23)

August 15 - Birthdays: AnaisStefanie (24), hpv (62), Ennis Del Mar (60), joer (61), Manchester, England (Manchester Pride, Aug 15 - 25)

August 17
- Birthdays: JackTwist-Hungary (30)

August 18 - Birthdays: lachlan (60)

August 19 - Birthdays: LuvJackNasty (37), Eric (36), Reno, NV (Power of Pride)

August 20 - Birthdays: SouthernLady (25)

August 22
- Birthdays: bharata (31),  Events: * Montreal Gathering, day 1

August 23 - Birthdays: vaeltaa (18), Events: * Montreal Gathering, day 2, Jersey City, NJ (Jersey City Pride 2008)

August 24 - Birthdays: Ramona66 , Events: * Montreal Gathering, day 3

Got News or Ideas?

Bye Brokies...

Picture from frenchcda
...See you in two weeks!

August 11 - 24, editors: Asali , chameau and FlwrChild.  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2008, 04:12 PM »
ennisjack.com Newsletter
August 25 - September 7 2008

Dearest Brokies...

More than 3 years later, I still find it hard to put into words ''why'' and ''how much'' Annie Proulx's short story touched me.
I know that most of you understand this feeling, and every time I meet a Brokie, I realise how lucky I am to have found such a wonderful group of people...people who get it!
I don't need to explain myself, I don't need to compare it to anything, I can just start a sentence and the other person can finish it for me, because we feel/mean the same. This feeling is so liberating, I wish I could live in a house filled with Brokies all the time.

I had met our dear Chameau a few times already, but this weekend I also met the beautiful Jessicat80 and some of Chameau's friends. And once again the BBM magic happened, I was in the presence of friends, long lost family members, people that I HAD to have met before.
I know we are the lucky ones because some people will never experience this in a lifetime, and yet every time we meet a brokie it is the same, we feel sooooo close it's just right.  %)

So I guess I'll see you around, huh?

Froggy

Michelle's Birthday

September 9 will be Michelle William's Birthday, if you wish to send greetings see the address below.

C/O Endeavor
9701 Wilshire Blvd.
10th Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Mini Meet in Montreal

Some Brokies met in Montreal during the weekend of August 22, click on the picture below for the story and pictures. :)

Meet the Authors

This week an interview by JackLuvNasty of camellia author of Forgotten Dreams

No, not at all! I just write for fun.

I am a registered nurse. Currently I work for a hospice where I care for people in their homes who have a terminal illness.

Oh, wow, this one could take a while  :)  I first saw the movie about 2 years ago and I was just blown away. I loved it and was devastated by it all at the same time. I fell completely in love with Ennis and Jack, couldn't get them out of my head. I found slash a few months later, and I just loved to read the stuff people were writing. It helped me overcome some of the sadness of the movie. I had a lot of canon stuff I wanted to write, but I was a terrible lurker for the longest time, way too afraid to actually post anything myself. I finally wrote something down and posted it to my LJ thinking only I would see it, not even realizing that it would show up on people's pages who had friended me. I got some really good feedback, so I did some more. Jack and Ennis have been talking to me since I first saw the movie. I just didn't realize other people would want to hear what they were telling me  :)

No

I love comments! It's amazing to see how people are affected by what I'm writing. I really appreciate each and every one. They do sometimes make me second guess what I'm writing. I'll have something planned out in my head and I'll get a bunch of comments about what the readers think is going to happen next and I'll think should it be that way? Sometimes I change things, sometimes not. Of course, I'm not a big fan of criticism. I'd probably cry if I got a mean comment. I'm way too sensitive for my own good, not a good quality when you're writing stuff and posting on the internet. Fortunately everyone has been very nice and supportive of my writing. I really do love my readers so much!!!

I thought the short story was perfection, I don't think I'd change a thing. As for the movie, I would have loved to see more of Jack and Ennis together. We got so little of it in the movie and so much of their lives apart. (since I can't say that Jack would stay alive and Ennis would realize that he wants to be with him forever and they would run away together)

Click here to go to the discussion thread and the links to access the story.

Brokies Get Together

Brussels, Belgium

New Gathering Projects

Stockholm Gathering Oct 3rd to 5th (Trosa, Sweden)

Trosa, Sweden

Started by dontwanttosayGB on August 18
Hi folks,

I know this conflicts with the Brussells event and we don't want to take anyone away from that but I wanted to at least advise everyone that there is a Brokie get together being planned from October 3rd to 5th in Trosa (Stockholm), Sweden.

We have quite a few folks coming from around Europe and it is going to be at a retreat in Trosa, Sweden, of course a movie viewing, party, etc., etc..  We all know the drill at this events...fun, fun, tears, and then more fun!

If there are any folks that can't get to the Brussels event but are in the Stockholm or surrounding area and want to join us, please just PM me or comment to the thread.

I am a big believer that all the forums need to share more information on the various gatherings happening as I just found out today about a gathering happening this weekend in my own home town of Montreal and I knew nothing about it!!!

This Trosa event is being planned by two members on the DCF board but the invitiation is open to ANY and EVERY Brokie, I hate, hate exclusion, so everyone is welcome, even Brokie friends.

Again, this is not meant to deter anyone from the Brussels event, which I wish I could go to but I had committed myself to this one already and can't cut myself in half!

I am sure both events will be a great success, we should even arrange to try and talk one night, maybe via skpe on computer or something!

Cheers, Ted

Las Vegas Gathering-April of 2009

Las Vegas, Nevada

Started by JT on August 20
I'm planning another gathering in Las Vegas, NV for sometime in April of 2009.  I don't have the exact date yet but it'll probably be after tax day (April 15th).  I'm planning for five days this time and it will be somewhat similar to the last gathering for those who have attended.  This time, I'm trying to include a night of camping in Valley of Fire and maybe a trip up to Mt. Charlestion. 

If anyone intersted, please let me know ahead.  I have rooms availabe for two ladies and three gentlemen or vise versa, and there are a few hotels within a mile of my house.  We should also think about car rental and car pooling. 

Again it will be in April 2009.  Hope you'll be there.

JT

Collection of ennisjack.com videos

On this thread you could find links to watch and download videos of most of the ennisjack.com gatherings.  That includes also tributes to Brokeback Mountain and tributes to Heath Ledger.  Click on the picture below to go to the thread.

Quotes

Posted by pattyjean on August 16  in Why I love this place
%) Who would understand the complete soul-swallowing impact of this masterpiece movie, except us Brokies!  I am totally blown away by the respect, the politeness, and the most insightful and intelligent comments--ones that I have personally given credence to, and MANY that had not entered my mind!  TYVM!  The significance of the cowboy hats--to shade face, to hide kissing and sobbing, to create a barrier between Ennis and Jack at the beginning of SNIT.  And the removal of hats--Lureen's red one, Jack's black one (by Lureen), and the riveting de-hatting of Jack by Ennis four years later.  Ang Lee's detailing is all consuming--how does he do it?  Love this place and every post!

Posted by Ranchand1 on August 18 in Why I love this place
     Why I love this place...

It's like a warm blanket on a cold winter night.

The people took me in, they dressed my wounds and gave my soul a drink.

And I am now a better person for having been here.

To Ennis and Jack and everyone livin and lovin on Brokeback.

Pix with Poems

Posted by Lil D (Lis)  on November 6, 2007 in Pix with Poems
I read the book "Five People You Meet in Heaven" and I fell in love with it and in this poem, some of the imagery and emotions were derived from that book..its basically about what happens to ennis when he finally dies and what his thoughts might have been...

{who ever made this, i love it  <^( }

The white, bright light surrounds me
The emotions of my life hit me for what have I've done, given, or accoplished?
Forgiveness, anger, confusion, loniness was all I had to offer
Don't let me live like this anymore I pray
I'm sorry for my mistakes
I collapse, my knees buckle and my thoart closes
Then like a flick of a switch, my body changes, my innocence and longing for someone is healed
For when I got up and opened my eyes
There stood Jack fu**in' Twist

August 26 - Birthdays: Leo (53), Tonda (34)

August 27 - Birthdays: kingfisher (37), Hilary (18) , New Orleans, LA (Southern Decadence, Aug 27 - Sept 1)

August 29 - Birthdays: smellykellyjay

August 30 - Birthdays: BBMaddict (43)

August 31 - Birthdays: qing (17), pixie (23), chimpery (23)

September 1 - Labor Day (Canada, U.S.A.), Birthdays: forbiddenlovers (35)

September 2 - Birthdays: dalemidex (42), Graebeard (61)

September 3 - Birthdays: Three of Nineteen (29), yogay (61), LALITO_19 (20)

September 5 - Birthdays: Lars-Gunnar (36), Filos (48)

September 6 - Cardiff, Wales (Cardiff-Wales Lesbian and Gay Mardi Gras 2008)

Got News or Ideas?

Bye Brokies...

...See you in two weeks!

August 25 - September 7, editors: Asali , chameau , Froggy and LuvJackNasty.  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2008, 10:41 PM »
ennisjack.com Newsletter
September 8 - 21 2008

Greetings Brokies.

As I read all of the wonderful posts in our vast array of threads here, covering so many subjects and contributed to by both new members and old, I can't help but reflect on all of the gifts I’ve received by being a part of this forum. So I’d like to share with you

10 Things I Learned from EnnisJack

10. It’s ok to cry for two fictional cowboys, even after 2 ½ years.

9. You never know where your path might lead you and what friendships you might find along the way.

8. The world is both big enough to fit all of our individual personalities and ideas, and small enough for us to reach out to each other across any cultural, social or geographic divides.

7. PBS isn’t just a television network.

6. The more you open your heart to be filled with love, the more room it seems to have to fit more in.

5. We’re lucky to have a special place to come together on the mountain.

4. We don’t have to act the same way, feel the same way or think the same way to love and respect each other. All we have to do is look at each other with open minds, open eyes and open hearts.

3. Brokie meets can happen anytime, anywhere as long as you have an internet signal.

2. Family doesn’t only follow bloodlines; it follows heartlines.

1. Love truly is a force of nature.

See you in two weeks.  %) FlwrChild

New Feature

The forum now has a feature for members to Save/Export individual or all Personal Messages into an HTML file to your computer.We ask you to clean your inbox and save your personal messages to your computer frequently. It will help the forum significantly. Thanks!

Forum Maintenance

September 25

September 26

Quotes

Posted by LuvJackNasty on September 2 in PBS (post brokeback syndrome)
The past several months were rough ones for me in that I felt like one of those Chilean sheep, all mixed up, not sure where I belonged anymore. That was partly due to life changes and the loss of Heath. In that, I started feeling disconnected from my boys, going through some type of BBM amnesia and that upset me a great deal- because I love them so much and they’ve been such a constant for so long. I’d look at them with recognition but lacking the emotional connection to them. Watching the movie and even just doing scenes failed to even tug at my heart and that was pretty devastating to me and I'd cry because of the loss of them. In the “real world” most people would be happy to not be so sad over Jack and Ennis anymore, but as we all know, we’re a little different up on the mountain. Anyway, I don’t know why or how but they’ve come out of their tent to sit by the fire with me again. And I’ve been a weepy damn mess since Friday, I did scenes yesterday and they all hit and hard- almost as intensely as the first time. So PBS has come surging back and it’s all fresh and raw and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be so destroyed again.

Posted by Lancecowboy on September 4 in PBS (post brokeback syndrome)
Is it not ironic, that people think we've lost it, when in fact, we have found it?  :ghug: to everyone who needs one.

:ghug: to everyone else.

Pix with Poems

Posted by jessi on November 16 2007 in Pix with Poems

The why don't matter,
man owns empty, rich in it,
damn selfish with it. 

jessi

Meet the Authors

In this issue of the Newsletter, an interview of siri author of Leaving Wyoming.

No, I've never written a story, only some lyrics now and then for my own pleasure.

I have to admit, the wonderful support and encouragement I have received is kind of exhilarating.
Writing is a fascinating process because the best part of the experience is when you get to share it with others.  For that reason alone, the thought of some day publishing one of my stories would be a dream come true.  I do enjoy creating emotions, complex characters, and believable situations with the power of words.
Then again, the Frankfurt Book Fair reminds me of the thousands of books published every Fall.  In other words, there's a lot of competition out there so I'm much too realistic to see the possibility of one of my modest works ever making an appearance.
Fortunately, there is that funny thing called the Internet, with its many writing forums, including the wonderful readership found at EnnisJack and Brokebackslash.

If no, what's your job in the ''real'' world?

My academic training is as a political economist, but I'm currently self-employed as an IT specialist.  Come to think of it, I used to be a professional writer.  Does composing operational procedures manuals count?   *lol*

Whenever I'm reading a work, I like to visualize the story as it develops.  As a result of this habit, most film adaptations are somewhat disappointing; the one clear exception being “Brokeback Mountain”.
In general, it is not unusual for me to hear voices inside my head, although I never really felt compelled to write anything down.  After viewing BBM, those anonymous voices suddenly had names, and a life force of their own:  Ennis and Jack.  It truly was a happy coincidence that I happened to read my first Fan Fiction during this same time period.  I guess I sound pretty uninformed, but I didn’t even know this medium for storytelling existed.  Like a new friend, I was thrilled with the limitless playground such online sites provided for my imagination.
When I began to write down what the boys were telling me, it was a natural progression to want to share my stories with the Brokeback community.

Right now, I’m only writing BBM Fan Fictions.  I once thought everything had been said. But, now, I know there are lots of stories yet to be told.

Criticism gives me the opportunity to make things better.  As long as the commenter is fair and serious about their input, I can only benefit from thoughtful evaluation.  Most of my readers are very gentle and write lovely, supportive reviews.  I know this is due to the heartfelt translation of Torry, and the colloquial and stylistic improvements of such talented betas like Debra and Jackie; they did an excellent job with “Leaving Wyoming”.

I think BBM is perfect just the way it is.  Otherwise, the story would not have touched us so deeply.
Of course, a little bit more of Ennis and Jack being happy together on those “fishing trips” would have been great too.
We are so lucky to have the emotional outlet of Fan Fiction, because we can create another universe where a renewed sense of possibilities can grow beyond the heart wrenching tragedy of canon.  Each new story allows us another precious opportunity to perform our own film inside our heads; an ability to rewind, edit and insert what we all wish Ennis and Jack could have had, a widescreen, Technicolor version of that sweet life forever.

Thank you, Debra (her beta) for making my answers more readable!

Brokies Get Together

Brussels, Belgium

Titabeille and her husband will be the hosts from October 1 to October 7 2008 in Brussels the main event will occur on Saturday October 4, a viewing of Brokeback Mountain in the afternoon followed by a diner Chez Leon, an old and famous restaurant near Brussel's Grand Place, click here to go to the main discussion & planning thread.

There is a specific thread for attendance, click on Attendees for the Brussel's gathering - October 2008.  Not far than 30 Brokies will attend this gathering. :)

Stockholm Gathering Oct 3rd to 5th (Trosa, Sweden)

Trosa, Sweden

During the Brussels reunion there will be also a meeting in Sweden, if you can't make it to Belgium, maybe you could be in Stockholm? :) Click here to go to the thread.

Las Vegas Gathering - April 17 -21, 2009

Las Vegas, Nevada

From April 17 to April 21 JT will host a Spring Gathering in Las Vegas, looks like some camping in the Valley of Fire is in the plans, click here to go to the thread.

New Gathering Project

Meeting in Helsinki Finland May 22-26 2009

Helsinki, Finland

Started by Twisted on August 30
Ok, so I have made a promise to Ethan, that I would organize a meeting in Helsinki, because Ethan, Bubu and Froggy are coming here yeeehaaaawww!!! :clap:

I'm checking the hotels etc. Those who want to come, can PM me about hotel prizes, what are suitable for your wallet.

Everyone who's interested, join us :clap:

New Thread

Started by smartestsonia on August 25

Describe Ennis and Jacks Love in 1 word only?

Ennis and Jake love is easily felt and understood. However, I just want u guys to describe their love in 1 word which will say it all..This is not easy as their love is beyond words....
 :)

Enduring  - Endless – Beautiful - Ageless – Strong – Clandestine - Pure – Sweet – Forbidden – True – Immortal – Forever – Destined – Legendary - Incendiary – Denied – Steadfast - Abiding

September 8 - Birthdays: kari100 (22), palladin (44), ennis8 (32), coffeecat33 (56)

September 9 - Birthdays: titabeille (64), Sammeh (18) , Michelle William’s Birthday

September 10 - Birthdays: myrine (25), Fairy Sister (43)

September 11 - Birthdays: maggie (44), megalyn08 (36)

September 12 - Birthdays: Patriot1 (62)

September 13 - Birthdays: upton (47)

September 14
- Birthdays: Olof Sjoberg

September 15 - Birthdays: greenfrog (22), RogerWV (48)

September 16 - Birthdays: Italian_Dude (20)

September 17 - Birthdays: alicat (32), kaatse (20), Heath_Ledger_fan (25)

September 18 - Birthdays: Bibian (20)

September 19 - Birthdays: mutant (32)

September  21 - Birthdays: garymcd (44), lailai921 (21), Sgath Giomanach (19)

Got News or Ideas?

Bye Brokies...

...See you in two weeks!

September 8 - 21, Editors:  Asali, chameau, Ethan, FlwrChild & LuvJackNasty.  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2008, 09:39 AM »
ennisjack.com Newsletter
September 22 - October 5 2008

On the Road Again!

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way
Is on the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

Excerpt from On the Road Again by Willie Nelson

Dearest Brokies,

As I post this Newsletter my bags are just waiting for me next to the door, because yes I hit the road again, destination Brussels to meet the best of friends.   I'll stop first in Southern France for vacations and on Friday October 3 I'll be flying to meet my Brokie sisters and brothers in Belgium.

:ghug:

Ev'ryone can see we're together
As we walk on by
and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
all of the people around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

Excerpt from We are Family by Sister Sledge

I just can't wait to meet many of you for the first time and many others for the Nth time!

We are Family, huh?

chameau

Quotes

Posted by pattyjean on September 4 in Straight Women's Reaction to this Film.
First post on this thread:  I was certain I was quite MAD considering the way this movie has affected me!  Never in my life have I been so obsessed!  The first time I saw BBM, on Bravo, I was actually a little grossed out by FNIT, but then a little less grossed out by SNIT.  Then, OMG!  After that, I was sailing--hanging on every word, every gesture, every glance, every sexy detail!  I've viewed the whole movie, or the testosterone-induced parts of it, at least 100 times!  In the beginning I did wonder if I just liked the "voyeur" aspect of it:  Later I realized it was the FOREVER LOVE that was the great attraction.  The most powerful scene, for me, was Ennis' heartbreak right after Jack and he departed from Brokeback:  Even before Ennis ducked into the alley, I also wanted to puke my guts out, beat the wall, and sob for days! :^^)

Posted by LauraLedger on September 16 in Why I love this place.
Well, I've only been a member here for mere days, but I am already head over heels for this joint.  :) 

It's an amazing mecca for all things Brokeback, and the bonds between the Brokies here are almost palpable; there is certainly a noticeable vibe of friendship and understanding here.  You are all lovely!

Long live ennisjack.com!

Pix with Poems

Posted by  frenchcda on December 13 2007 in Pix with Poems.

Forgave thy not
Beneath thy grave
These very words
As true thy tale
Be told thrum
As black a cat
Time in wearing black
Like crows under attack
Thy feel spiders crawling thy back
As worst the claws
The ravaging wolves
Devouring within thy flesh as raw
Their saliva herbs of grass
Dry none drooled in much
Upon thou still mangled carcass
Such are the hates of fortune
In neither lust in what doomed this soul
In begging thy be lost in an instant
For once past held dear known desires
Time to wear white
As snow be of death thy glow
For no tomorrow
Could ever erase any sorrow
When of men
Thy kill in revenge
For thou love in walled
Be him condemned
While be it no offence
Love mighty held its scepter
In secrets throbbing till the rooster woke
Thyself Minster to all ends
Dared stroke fearlessly with thy own hands
What impaled the more life lesser repent
The mooring pleasure
Thy cannot amend
For now in thy wear grey
Many minds full dismay
Yet in lone men moans and groans
Howling the nights
Filled the void less any damsel
Be perched maiden unknown trough fog
None wished their steps in knelt
Be faces bowing the earth thy call
In silence no envy
For in tempt rather
Be of men
Content

New Thread

Brokies from Asia

Posted by smartestsonia on September 11 in Brokies From Asia
Hi Brokies...I am from India (Asia)..I live in Dubai (Asia)....This movie got released in India but I honestly was not aware as it released in very few theatres..It did not get released in Dubai..I have watched the movie online.

Homosexuality is not completely acceptable by most people in many countries in Asia...It is not congruent with the Social and Cultural Conditioning....Being an Asian I know the situation here...I am very broad minded and I do know many Asians who accept love between 2 people without any gender discrimination
I have observed Brokeback Mountain is more known by the audience in the West...

I want to know how many Brokies r there from Asia who loved the film and their opinion about it...

I am curious to know in which countries in Asia the movie released and how were the audience reactions and reviews about it...

P.S: This topic is to create awareness about the Brokies feelings and expressions about the movie from Asia and know the review and opinion about the movie in Asia. This topic is not to degrade or condemn any community

Meet the Authors

In this issue of the Newsletter, an interview of tmn1966 author of Meant to Be which was at the beginning a collaborative effort between cazzyj6740 and tmn1966tmn1966 is now writing on her own while cazzyj6740 is her beta.

Unfortunately, no.

N/A

I am currently working as a legal assistant.

I was watching the movie and a plot bunny hit me.  I began looking for BBM fanfic (I had previously been reading Star Trek slash).  I became engrossed in reading and then could no longer put off writing about these wonderful characters.

I am currently only writing stories that involve Jack and Ennis.

Fortunately, I haven't received any comments that are critical of me as a person.  I have received some comments that have dealt with my writing (characterization, typos, grammar, punctuation), and I welcome them as they make me a better writer.  All of these comments were given in the spirit of the BBM community, with kindness and in a helpful manner. 

Ennis would have never let Jack out of his sights in 1963 when they got off the mountain.

Click here to visit the discussion thread and find the links to Meant to Be.

Gays in Movies

Posted by tizi17 on  September 8 in Gays in Movies
Excerpt:
from aftereltoncom of today:

out of 570 gay films THIS was voted number one...  :clap:

1. Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Ferragamos or Birkenstocks? Mojitos or good ol’ beer? Gay men don’t seem to agree on much. But by a wide margin of nearly two-to-one, you chose Brokeback Mountain as the greatest gay movie of all time. And how could it be otherwise? “It’s not ‘gay,’” said some, trying to broaden the film’s appeal, “it’s a ‘universal love story’!”

But is it really? Plenty of heterosexuals have had the experience of hiding a love affair, but how many of them know what it’s like to be forced by society to deny themselves the very possibility of love? This is the daring and fundamentally “gay” question at the heart of Ang Lee’s 2005 masterpiece: can two men simply allow themselves to love each other? And though the movie is set in the past, it is, ultimately, the very choice that every gay man still must make.

Jake Gyllenhaal is flawless as Jack Twist in arguably the movie’s most difficult role. But Heath Ledger’s heartbreaking portrayal of Ennis Del Mar, a walking cautionary tale of homophobia’s logical end result, is a revelation — a total acting transformation made all the more tragic by Ledger’s death earlier this year. But the indignities and injustices that Jack and Ennis faced did not end at Brokeback Mountain’s closing credits. Upon the film’s release, the movie’s makers and fans were subjected to a six-month orgy of tasteless jokes from clueless comedians and bile-filed commentary from right-wing pundits. All of this negativity culminated when the movie, long considered the Oscar front-runner, lost Best Picture to a fine but unremarkable movie called Crash, perhaps the most egregious upset in Oscar history and almost certainly the result of lingering homophobia in Hollywood’s old guard.

But that fusillade of ridicule and outrage is already fading into the gloom of a bigoted past while the movie’s artistry and quiet power shines brighter than ever. Let’s face it: this isn’t just the greatest gay movie of all time, it’s one of the greatest movies ever.   

Brokies Get Together

***Last Call!*** Brussel's gathering - October 1-7 2008

Brussels, Belgium

Titabeille and her husband will be the hosts from October 1 to October 7 2008 in Brussels the main events will occur on Saturday October 4, a viewing of Brokeback Mountain in the afternoon followed by a diner Chez Leon, an old and famous restaurant near Brussel's Grand Place, click here to go to the main discussion & planning thread.

There is a specific thread for attendance, click on Attendees for the Brussel's gathering - October 2008

About 30 Brokies will attend this gathering

***Last Call!*** Stockholm Gathering Oct 3rd to 5th (Trosa, Sweden)

Trosa, Sweden

During the Brussels reunion there will be also a meeting in Sweden, if you can't make it to Belgium, maybe you could be in Stockholm? :) Click here to go to the thread.

Las Vegas Gathering - April 17 -21, 2009

Las Vegas, Nevada

From April 17 to April 21 JT will host a Spring Gathering in Las Vegas, looks like some camping in the Valley of Fire is in the plans, click here to go to the thread.

Meeting in Helsinki Finland May 22-26 2009

Helsinki, Finland

Twisted will be the host in Helsinki from May 22 to May 26 2009 in Helsinki, Finland.  The interested members are already looking for tickets and hotels, click here to visit the thread.

Forum Maintenance

***reminder***

September 25

September 26

September 22 - Autumnal Equinox, Birthdays: Pierre (52), Ginny (25), DramaGhost (20)

September 23 - Birthdays: Lilie (27), SalBenPan (25)

September 24
- Birthdays: huntedon_lost (45), rodrun56 (52)

September 25 - Birthdays: mulholanddrive (24)

September 26 - Birthdays: dr bill (45), leugim (41)

September 27 - Birthdays: beskyddaren (38), ilovecowboys (38), jgrizzxcore (15)

September 28 - Birthdays: Carmilla (45), LisaM (43), WyMe (44)

September 29
- Birthdays: Seregil (28), fritzkep (61), City Slickin' Cowboy (46)

September 30 - Birthdays: pennyT (33), Jeffster (47)

October 3 - Birthdays: supertrampdan (18), jerseygyllenhaalic (24), Events: * Brussels Gathering Day 1

October 4 - Events:* Brussels Gathering Day 2

October 5
- Birthdays: Jamie1981 (27), Events * Brussels Gathering Day 3

Got News or Ideas?

Bye Brokies...

...See you in two weeks,
Live from Brussels!

September 22 - October 5 200/, Editors:   chameau, FlwrChild & LuvJackNasty.  Click here if you wish to provide feedback or ask a question about this edition of the ennisjack.com Newsletter.

Jean-Louis Barrault