Author Topic: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!  (Read 134817 times)

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
Re: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!
« Reply #210 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:17 AM »
There is an important POLL Voting by country. supporting the film. The Imaginaium Of Dr. Parnassus.

I asked Theresa to place the Philippines in it and informed her lots of FILIPINOS were awating the film to be shown here in the  Philippines.
The Filipino who admired Heath not just of his beautiful face but the actor in the real sense.

I came across lot of Filipinos who migrated to US and UK and some part of the world  here  in this forum. I believe they are voting and supporting endlessly for the movie Heath Ledger made before he left.

Please vote and support!!

http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=876&start=0

Mabuhay!!!
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #211 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Done!!  :)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #212 on: Aug 19, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Done too!  :)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #213 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Thank you all so much!
Theresa

Offline Annika

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #214 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:57 PM »
You know already that I've done it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.   (Dr. Seuss)

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #215 on: Aug 20, 2009, 02:15 AM »
no country for me.. yet...
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #216 on: Aug 20, 2009, 10:49 AM »
There should be more polls soon Fausta, I'll let you know when Austria is included. :)
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #217 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:44 PM »
If you ever asked yourselves how much Terry Gilliam appreciates the support site and our campaign, look at this personal drawing he sent to Theresa! That's Dr. Parnassus sitting on his theater wagon, and I think that's us pushing it up the hill :clap: :clap: :clap:. Such a sweet thing of him to do, I can't believe he actually sat and drew this!!

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #218 on: Aug 21, 2009, 03:08 PM »
That's amazing Keren!  :clap: :clap:  What a wonderful thing for Terry Gilliam to do, a personal thanks to Theresa and all of you who have worked so so hard to get the recognition this film rightly deserves... :)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #219 on: Aug 21, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Isn't that incredibly sweet of him?? I know that if Heath was here he'd also thank us personally for supporting his movie, but as it is I'm happy enough with the feedback we're getting from Terry. I kinda know that he speaks on Heath's behalf too  <^(
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009, 03:34 PM by keren_b »

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #220 on: Aug 21, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Yeah I think that too...and its a given that Heath would most definitely be falling over himself to thank you and Theres and everyone who's helped with this campaign... :)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #221 on: Aug 21, 2009, 06:17 PM »
Voted :)

I might have visitors but there's always time for essential stuff...

...Dinner's cookin' after all  ^-^
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #222 on: Aug 21, 2009, 11:47 PM »

Of course I voted!

If you ever asked yourselves how much Terry Gilliam appreciates the support site and our campaign, look at this personal drawing he sent to Theresa! That's Dr. Parnassus sitting on his theater wagon, and I think that's us pushing it up the hill :clap: :clap: :clap:. Such a sweet thing of him to do, I can't believe he actually sat and drew this!!

Oh Terry!!!  :ghug:  :^^)
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #223 on: Aug 22, 2009, 02:14 AM »
Thank you to all the voters!  :^^)

And Cham, give a big hug and a kiss from me to your visitors... and I hope they both voted too  ;)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #224 on: Aug 22, 2009, 05:27 AM »
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO! Terry Gilliam Talks Dr. Parnassus, The Dr. Parnassus Support Site & Distribution

Last Friday, August, 14, 2009, Terry Gilliam spoke to an audience at The British Film Institute about his body of work and Dr. Parnassus, his new film. After that event, he was interviewed on video exclusively for The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus Support Site and discussed Dr. Parnassus, US Distribution, dispelling the rumor that a release date has been set for the movie in the USA (it has not), The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus Support Site, the Internet and more.

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/exclusive-video-terry-gilliam-talks-dr-parnassus-the-dr-parnassus-support-site-distribution/22/

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #225 on: Aug 22, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Oh what a great video! So interesting and Terry does seem a really friendly, approachable guy...well done for those who were able to get the interview - and its wonderful to hear him speak so highly of Theresa and the support site...he realises the hard work gone on  :)there, and truly seems to appreciate it

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #226 on: Aug 25, 2009, 11:32 PM »
I wanted to be sure to share these with you guys.  They're absolutely precious.  They were sent to me today by Terry and Verne Troyer.  I hope they make you feel as special as you are and let you know how very much your support of this movie means and is needed.  Heath would be so very proud of all of you.

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/exclusive-video-special-personal-greeting-from-verne-troyer-to-fans-at-the-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-support-site/26/

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/exclusive-video-terry-gilliam-sends-personal-greeting-to-fans-at-the-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-support-site/26/
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #227 on: Aug 26, 2009, 09:01 AM »
I wanted to be sure to share these with you guys.  They're absolutely precious.  They were sent to me today by Terry and Verne Troyer.  I hope they make you feel as special as you are and let you know how very much your support of this movie means and is needed.  Heath would be so very proud of all of you.

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/exclusive-video-special-personal-greeting-from-verne-troyer-to-fans-at-the-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-support-site/26/

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/exclusive-video-terry-gilliam-sends-personal-greeting-to-fans-at-the-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-support-site/26/

I have a huge, stupid grin on my face and I can't wipe it off... so sweet of Terry and Verne to do this, they're the best!  <^( <^( <^( <^( <^( <^(

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #228 on: Aug 26, 2009, 09:16 PM »
I have a huge, stupid grin on my face and I can't wipe it off... so sweet of Terry and Verne to do this, they're the best!  <^( <^( <^( <^( <^( <^(

Same huge (not that stupid) grin (huh?) here! :) :P
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #229 on: Aug 26, 2009, 11:48 PM »
That was so great to watch  :)   :t)
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #230 on: Aug 29, 2009, 05:04 AM »

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #231 on: Aug 29, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Here is an updated list of distributors and film festival screenings for the movie:

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/current-list-of-distributors-film-festival-screenings-for-dr-parnassus-as-of-82809/28/

:s)

Canada
Distributor: Seville Pictures
Release Date: 16 October 2009

Huh?  ???  :P

(t)

Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Yeah!

#s}

maybe you didn't get it but I am a happy cham!   ^-^
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #232 on: Aug 29, 2009, 03:29 PM »
BTW IMDB mentions a release date for December 25 in United States but nothing is official yet.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #233 on: Aug 29, 2009, 10:54 PM »
BTW IMDB mentions a release date for December 25 in United States but nothing is official yet.

Terry himself said in the video exclusive on our site that there is no release date for the US yet.  The deal isn't even formalized at this point though it is a done deal.  But there can't be a release date until there is a contract.  Hopefully that will be soon.  But I'm pretty certain that the release will be very limited to start with in the US.   Everything I've seen, especially Sony Pictures Classics indicates it will be just a few large cities to start with. 
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #234 on: Aug 30, 2009, 09:18 AM »
On Saturday, 29.8, we had a brainstroming chat to discuss "what's next" and new ways to help the movie get a wider distribution, since there's a long way ahead of us. Now that we're done dealing with distributors, the real work is with the exhibitors. They're the ones to decide in which places and theaters the movie will be screened, and if you want to see the movie in a theater close to you, these are the people we should be working on. We got a lot of info from Theresa, and discussed our next steps in the campaign.

For anyone who is interested in reading the chat, the transcript can be found here: http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/829Chat/8-29-09-CHAT-TRANSCRIPT.pdf

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #235 on: Aug 30, 2009, 01:17 PM »
An important message to all US members:

We're moving to the next stage in trying to get a wider distribution for The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassus, namely, we're going to contact exhibitors. If you'd like to see Heath's last movie in your hometown, Please email Theresa to this address: doctorparnassus@rocketmail.com and tell her what city you are from, in what state, your zip code and precisely what theater you want to see the movie in. If you have the contact information for that theater please send that as well.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. We can't help you get it in your hometown unless you tell us what it is, where it is and who to contact.

For now, this message is for US residents only.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2009, 10:35 AM by keren_b »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #236 on: Aug 31, 2009, 10:32 AM »
This was posted by Theresa on the Support Site today. I have to say the outlook for the US release doesn't look good... which is why it is all the more important that US members will email Theresa with the info I mentioned.

This news appeared on Yahoo News and ComingSoon.net. I really debated whether or not to put this here, but have decided it should be done and with a good explanation. I too have heard this for the last week, however, I MUST STRESS, I hope it is true, but there is NO official formal announcement. But if it is true, everyone please read between the lines. SELECT THEATERS (that's a very limited release, New York, LA and possibly like Chicago) if it works well there I anticipate it will probably be rolled out to more and more theaters like Brokeback Mountain, but still that is no where near wide release. Unless you are in one of those cities there are no guarantees you will see this movie.

I am told from one of the exhibitors that there are only 1500 copies of the movie for the US. They don't make more copies guys. That's not a lot of copies. But even so having 1500 copies doesn't mean it will ultimately be in 1500 theaters. Please be aware of that. From the minute that formal announcement comes, whatever the first release date for the US may be, we have to already have hit the ground running. Get me that email info please.

Do not expect the movie to open in your city on December 25th unless you are in LA or NY and possibly Chicago and that is IF this article is true.

Again, I hope this is true, but I have to hold any opinions as to whether or not it is until there is a formal announcement because then and ONLY then will it be a definite.

Give the Gift of Gilliam on Christmas Day Source:ComingSoon.net August 30, 2009

Source: http://www.ComingSoon.net
ComingSoon.net has learned that Sony Pictures Classics plans to release Terry Gilliam's new movie The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus on Christmas Day, confirming earlier conjecture about the possibility. Featuring the final screen performance by the late Heath Ledger, who earlier this year won a posthumous Oscar for his performance in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, the film will be making its North American premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on September 18 and be released in the UK on October 16. The movie also stars Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Jude Law , Christopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Lily Cole, Andrew Garfield and Verne Troyer.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #237 on: Aug 31, 2009, 12:13 PM »
EXCLUSIVE -Free Downloadable Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus Bumper Sticker

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/exclusive-free-downloadable-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-bumper-sticker/31/

I don't have a car, but I'm going to print one and stick it on my hand-bag!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #238 on: Sep 01, 2009, 08:36 PM »
Please help! Spread the word to other forums, your live journal, facebook, myspace, wherever you can! Here's our chance to show our strenght and resolve to see Dr. Parnassus in theaters around the world! It only takes a second. Vote now please! Tell your friends!

http://tinyurl.com/llcg3z
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #239 on: Sep 02, 2009, 01:17 AM »
Please help! Spread the word to other forums, your live journal, facebook, myspace, wherever you can! Here's our chance to show our strenght and resolve to see Dr. Parnassus in theaters around the world! It only takes a second. Vote now please! Tell your friends!

http://tinyurl.com/llcg3z

Voted!