Author Topic: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!  (Read 134826 times)

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
Re: Please help The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus find distributors!
« Reply #390 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:25 AM »
Theresa, that's fantastic! I'm so jealous but in the best possible way. And it sounds like the L.A. event was not only fun but greatly productive. I'm so proud of all of you.  :)

And good news in my neck of the woods. I've found Parnassus playing at 7 major theaters in the Metro Detroit area.  :clap:  &**)

And it's playing in Traverse City up north too. Go team Gilliam!  O0

I quote Barb, and great news about Detroit! I hope the demand will grow so we'll see it in many more places all over the US.

The dvd is going to be extra special because of these special features included. Can't wait to see it.  :)
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #391 on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Keren, honey, I'm getting the feeling that you definitely don't have to worry about the Israeli Film Festival being your release date because I heard from them again this a.m.  They say the producers haven't contacted them back about putting the film into the festival.  The only reason I can think of that the producers would do that is because they are pushing for a release date before the festival so the festival would not be in their plans.  Fingers crossed.
Theresa

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #392 on: Jan 11, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Keren, honey, I'm getting the feeling that you definitely don't have to worry about the Israeli Film Festival being your release date because I heard from them again this a.m.  They say the producers haven't contacted them back about putting the film into the festival.  The only reason I can think of that the producers would do that is because they are pushing for a release date before the festival so the festival would not be in their plans.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks Theresa, fingers crossed indeed. The distributor told me they should know by the end of the month, hopefully.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #393 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:50 PM »
I need your help.  Heath's last movie is fading badly and quickly in the USA for lack of publicity and we have to do something about it right away.  I need folks from any country who are willing to give me an hour or two of their time to send emails.  Here's the post I put on the support site.  We need to do this immediately as we are running out of time.  Do it please to get Heath's final work out there.  We cannot sit back and just be complacent about something we have the ability to make better. 

This situation doesn't just affect the USA, it affects all the countries out there waiting to see what the USA box office does before they release this film.  Like Israel. 

http://www.imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&p=15063#p15063
Theresa

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #394 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:46 AM »
.. first i didn't want to say anything but..
after 1 (ONE) week, in most cinemas the film was gone.. they di not keep it even in the arthouse theatres...  :_(
despite the fact that most people i talked with said it was great great film...  :_(
sure they expected more, they have done a lot of publicity for it here in austria..
but a week, ONE LOUSY WEEK...  :_(
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline theresa

• Jack
« Reply #395 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:58 AM »
after 1 (ONE) week, in most cinemas the film was gone.. they di not keep it even in the arthouse theatres...  :_(
despite the fact that most people i talked with said it was great great film...  :_(
sure they expected more, they have done a lot of publicity for it here in austria..
but a week, ONE LOUSY WEEK...  :_(
I know, honey.  It's very hard.  The life of a small indie film is a hard one even when it's a really good film, because the big studio machine is constantly trying to eat them alive.  Heartbreaking.
Theresa

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
« Reply #396 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:44 PM »
after 1 (ONE) week, in most cinemas the film was gone.. they di not keep it even in the arthouse theatres...  :_(
despite the fact that most people i talked with said it was great great film...  :_(
but a week, ONE LOUSY WEEK...  :_(

Oh,Fausta,I'm so sorry...If it serves of anything,I must say that here in Barcelona the movie can be still seen in two important theatres.It seems that people in general have liked it very much ¡.A bad news and a good ones... :-\\  :)
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.