Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction  (Read 219495 times)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction
« Reply #600 on: Feb 20, 2006, 03:19 AM »
Wooo hoo! 

;D

"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
Re: JAKE WINS BAFTA shows jakes win from beginning to end youtubelink
« Reply #601 on: Feb 20, 2006, 03:42 AM »
Wasn't sure if there was a bafta thread, so hope it's ok to put my thoughts here!

saw the bafta's was so pleased BBM won the most awards - but not for Heath for best actor which was a shame obviously, but felt that Jake deserved his oscar as he's been a little overshadowed by Heath in the press IMO.  He seemed genuinely surprised and pleased to get the award, and I heard an interview with him backstage and he was again genuinely moved by the response to the film and he seemed really happy to have the award.  He is such a great actor and he seems a genuinely (my word for the day!) nice guy - very articulate, intelligent, but also really funny, I think he has a very british sense of humour, very playful and cheeky!!!

Heath was so funny when accepting the adapted screenplay award, very awkward and nervous - studiously reading the piece of paper like his life depended on it!  Such a shame he wasn't up there accepting his best actor award!  He did seem very pleased for Jake though when he won for best supporting actor, which was very nice to see.

What did others think of the evening?  And do you think this means that Jake will win the oscar for best supporting actor?  What about Heath?  Do we have to accept that he may not win best actor oscar..... :'( :'(

To win best film and best director though....we can't really complain, can we?
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
Re:SCREEN CAPS... LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards (Feb 20)
« Reply #602 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:26 AM »
Yes, Stewart is the host of "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central.  Comedy Central is a cable channel here - don't know if you get it in the UK.  He's very funny in a dead pan delivery style.  Also expect him to make some political jokes which the Hollywood audience will love. 

I hope George Clooney will be presenting as he and Stewart would play off each other very well.  George got the audience going at the start of the Globes with a great political joke when he accepted the Best Supporting Actor Globe.

Don't get the Comedy Central channel,but i have found the channel on cable for The Daily Show.I will have a look when it's on later today.

Jennis.x

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #603 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:36 AM »
More photos

LOL...Just what is Heath doing? I love Jake hiding behind the Bafta mask as well.I have been recording all the news programmes this morning.Nothing we haven't already seen so far,but there is a Bafta winners special coming on at lucnhtime.I will let you know about it after.Thanks for gorgeous piccies Ethan.

Jennis.x

Offline Badarsila

• ~BeRaDu_Di_KhAyALaN~
  • Alma Jr.
  • ~BaDaRsILa_In_Da_HoUsE~
« Reply #604 on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:03 AM »
Congrats to Jake for his big win,.. ;D
And congrats also to the amazing BBM team for their 4 big wins!!!!..*happy-dancing*.. :-* :-* ;)

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN ROOOOOCCKKKKZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! :-* ;) ;D ;D
"Oh Mortals, What is Love that binds beyond Life on Earth? To all Corners in a Pair we fly, Braving Summer and Winter by and by, Union is Bliss: Parting is Woe! Agony is Boundless for a Lovelorn Soul! Sweetheart, give me word..Trails of Clouds drifting foward..Amid Mountains capped with Snow, Wither shall my lonesome Shadow go?"

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #605 on: Feb 20, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Wow, wow and wow again.

Jake was SO emotional. Did he forget about Anne in his acceptance speech?

We all know what "Jack Nasty" was going to shout "if something happens". No wonder that "Ennis Mouth Shut" didn't "Love Him" yesterday night.
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

sharve

« Reply #606 on: Feb 20, 2006, 07:08 AM »
Jake really and genuinely looked so happy to win, congrats. he really likes Heath an awful lot doesn't he?

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #607 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:38 AM »
Have just caught up with all the messages on this thread.....thanks so much to everyone for keeping us all up to date with the awards.  Managed to watch the pre-award ceremony, saw Jake being interviewed by Ruby Wax which was crazy but funny, Jake has got a very good sense of humour.  Quite cheeky and playful!  Loved the fact he won the best supporting actor award, and he seemed so genuinely surprised by it too!  And that near-kiss between him and Heath, how cute!  Just disappointed Heath didn't win best actor.....am keeping everything crossed for the oscars, he so deserves it.  But he did seem genuinely pleased for Jake and for the other awards won for BBM.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #608 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:06 AM »
For those that were wondering about Heath and the screenplay award. Yes he did get up and accept it on david and dianas behalf. He almost forgot, clapping away then suddenly realized he was to be up there. had a note from diana that he read out. very cute and heath nervous
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #609 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:37 AM »
For those that were wondering about Heath and the screenplay award. Yes he did get up and accept it on david and dianas behalf. He almost forgot, clapping away then suddenly realized he was to be up there. had a note from diana that he read out. very cute and heath nervous

Oh how cute was Heath?  He was sooooo nervous and awkward, reading the acceptance speech, with the paper held so close to his eyes, keeping his head down!  It was so sweet though, it's a lovely endearing aspect of his personality, his awkwardness at these award ceremonys. Shows how old-hand Jake is at these things, he's much more relaxed and comfortable with it all. 

Offline Rod

• Alma Jr.
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards (Feb 20)
« Reply #610 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Umm,who is Peter?

Jennis.x And does anyone know who it was sat next to Jake at the Bafta's.One of his pals or another actor(or both.lol)

Jennis, I wonder about that too. Who is peter and the guy sitting next to Jake?
Peter is Jake's sisters boyfriend...if that is who it was.....

oh guys.. Peter Sargaard !! lol

but i don't know who that was sitting next to him!! probably it was his secret bf! who knows!?! ;) teehee  :P

Offline hidesert

• Alma
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards (Feb 20)
« Reply #611 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:37 AM »
God if only that was how easy it could be. It would be better if I can cane him and then kiss it all sooo much better.
Somehow I think the cane would never touch his sweet cheeks - just your lips.    ;D

Do you know me?,   well do you? .  Baby is that yo?      lol

Very good hidesert, you are a funny naughty boy

Tom

LMAF     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #612 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:10 PM »
God kids, I love this site. You all are so awesome. Dare we hope for a sweep on Oscar night? I haven't seen "Capote" but damn Heath deserves it.

I'm Glad to see Jake win here--although who even knew the BAFTAs were being held (they would put them on during the Winter Olympics!). I've been complaining for a long time that Gyllenhaal is merely given credit for being "pretty" in brokeback while actually he's so much more than that.

As for heath continually losing out to PSH--that's continues to be a travesty. What Hoffman does is more Schick than acting and rather obvious IMHO--and frankly Robert Moorse had him coming and going as far as playing Truman Copote is concerned.

"Means more socially than artistically" Could that mean Gyllenhaal may actually be planning to come OUT and put and end the the rumour mills churning around his personal life!?

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #613 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:18 PM »

"Means more socially than artistically" Could that mean Gyllenhaal may actually be planning to come OUT and put and end the the rumour mills churning around his personal life!?

i wish he comes out soon! the thought about it is just so Yuumy!  :D
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Rod

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #614 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:24 PM »
BBM Won 4 BAFTA

Best Picture
Best Director
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Supporting Actor

Complete list of BAFTA winner

Brokeback Sweeps BAFTAS, Wins Four

BAFTA Wins

Bafta 2006: The winners
The full list of winners for the Orange Bafta Film Awards 2006, held the Odeon Leicester Square, central London.

On BBC America the part where HEATH accepts for the Screenplay did not play.....is there a video??[/
b]  God I hope the Academy forgets PSH...he has so many and HEath is so deserving!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 12:26 PM by Rod »

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #615 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:39 PM »

Don't think he is gay..but ment he had made friends
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #616 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:59 PM »

Don't think he is gay..but ment he had made friends 

I agree Esme, people are reading too much into his statement. Just like the BAFTA clip - Jake  bent down to hear what Heath was saying as everyone was clapping in the background, the only way to hear Heath was to get closer.  It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a "kiss".     

He appears to be "gay friendly", liberal, was raised around the Hollywood movie crowd and he's politically attune.  Yes the film has some social themes or meanings but it also has great artistry.   

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 01:49 PM by hidesert »

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #617 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:22 PM »

Anyone have a clip of Jake with Ruby Wax on the red carpet?  It sounds very funny!!!

Short clip of Jake Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard in a promo they made for "Rock the Vote", a voter registration drive.
http://www.iheartjake.com/media/caferockthevote.zip

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 01:24 PM by hidesert »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #618 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Thanks, hidesert.

I have not seen the clips for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Has anyone seen them on the net?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #619 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Thanks, hidesert.

I have not seen the clips for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay.

I haven't seen them on the net, but I too would be interested in watching them.  Perhaps Tom, Jennis or one of the other UK fans recorded the whole event and will share it with us.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #620 on: Feb 20, 2006, 01:51 PM »
I haven't seen them on the net, but I too would be interested in watching them.  Perhaps Tom, Jennis or one of the other UK fans recorded the whole event and will share it with us.

That would be wonderful. I have been searching for them since last night without any results.  :(
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #621 on: Feb 20, 2006, 02:37 PM »

I agree Esme, people are reading too much into his statement. Just like the BAFTA clip - Jake  bent down to hear what Heath was saying as everyone was clapping in the background, the only way to hear Heath was to get closer.  It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a "kiss".     

He appears to be "gay friendly", liberal, was raised around the Hollywood movie crowd and he's politically attune.  Yes the film has some social themes or meanings but it also has great artistry.   

Trust me.  I'm reading nothing into Jake's Brokeback performance or post-production antics at all.  The rumours about Jake  come from elsewhere and preceed Brokeback Mountain.   Is there anythign to them--In Hollywood--who knows.  Time will tell I suppose--or not (Tom Cruise, John Travolata....blame it on Scientology.)

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #622 on: Feb 20, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Anyone notice how disinterested Rachel Weisz was when the audience was clapping after BBM was presented as a Best Picture nominee? Or was PS Hoffman just a little too macho in his acceptance speech?
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #623 on: Feb 20, 2006, 03:14 PM »
I would just like to say thank you to all of you who posted pictures and video clips of the baftas. Even now, looking at them gets me all excited. May BBM sweep up all the Oscars !!!!

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #624 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Thanks, hidesert.

At the suggestion of someone I tried to upload to somewhere else....caused my whole system to shut down.  Anyway Youtube only allows uploads of up to 100Mb and I have 4 over that.

I have only just came in (I was out after work).  I know....how could I have abandoned you all after such a wonderful night.  Anyhoo beloved ones I am her. I am u/loading the Jake part of the BAFTA's to Youtube now. So will post soon I hope.  That's if anyone still wants it.

Then I will upload the 4 100+Mb clips to Yousendit (1 at a time though) for those who want them as well. It may take till tomorrow but I wont let you down as I did promise.

How is everyone tonight.................All looking forward to the Oscars.    God I felt like handing out cigars at work today after last night, but I work mainly with women and I was afraid they would set fire to their mustaches....lol

Tom
Actually, "life does get better than this"

aimi15

« Reply #625 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:44 PM »
How is everyone tonight.................All looking forward to the Oscars.    God I felt like handing out cigars at work today after last night, but I work mainly with women and I was afraid they would set fire to their mustaches....lol

Tom

;D ;D ;D

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #626 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Then I will upload the 4 100+Mb clips to Yousendit (1 at a time though) for those who want them as well. It may take till tomorrow but I wont let you down as I did promise.

Tom, kisses and hugs for you. I have been looking all over the place on the net. Thank you so much.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #627 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:47 PM »

If you give me a little while i will upload it for you.I think someone also requested Jake on the red carpet with Ruby(Not literally!)...lol

Umm, is Youtube best or would the peeps here prefer to pick it up from Yousendit?

Jennis.x

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #628 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:49 PM »

If you give me a little while i will upload it for you.I think someone also requested Jake on the red carpet with Ruby(Not literally!)...lol

Umm, is Youtube best or would the peeps here prefer to pick it up from Yousendit?

Jennis.x

LOL...I think Tom and i have literally replied within a minute of each other.Tom,you want me to do the red carpet one and leave Heath to you?

Jennis.x

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #629 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:51 PM »

Jennis.x

Jennis...kisses and hugs for you too. Whatever you prefer or it is convenient actually.  :-*