Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction  (Read 219496 times)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction
« Reply #630 on: Feb 20, 2006, 04:54 PM »
If you give me a little while i will upload it for you.I think someone also requested Jake on the red carpet with Ruby(Not literally!)...lol

Umm, is Youtube best or would the peeps here prefer to pick it up from Yousendit?

Jennis.x

Jennis...kisses and hugs for you too. Whatever you prefer or it is convenient actually.  :-*

Ok sweetie.Will let you know when it's done.Will take a little while.

J.x

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #631 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Then I will upload the 4 100+Mb clips to Yousendit (1 at a time though) for those who want them as well. It may take till tomorrow but I wont let you down as I did promise.

Tom, kisses and hugs for you. I have been looking all over the place on the net. Thank you so much.

Right Ethan just counting the kisses and hugs you sent......27,28,29,30........OK there's enough.  Will continue with the posting.

:D :D :D :D

Tom
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #632 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:03 PM »
Right Ethan just counting the kisses and hugs you sent......27,28,29,30........OK there's enough.  Will continue with the posting.

:D :D :D :D

Tom

Here are #31, 32, 33, 34, 35....and more to come. Have I made your face wet enough? ;D
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #633 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:05 PM »
You just keep 'em coming and so will I.    :-*

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #635 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:20 PM »
As promised Part 6 of the BAFTA awards from last night......the best supporting actor award.............I wonder who won that.

Enjoy all over again or for the first time. Remember Esme I said you can have him......please , please can I change my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=3raVkzDVm3o

Love Tom

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #636 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:45 PM »
 :) :) :)

1.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=YV5RUTxOebA Red Carpet

2.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=yyDyM3qYLho  Part 1

3.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=E17yx5Ihbu0  Part 2

4.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=fxl5k_IaMsE  Part 3

5.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=uTNrtlxUB5c  Part 4

6.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=3raVkzDVm3o  Part 6

These are the parts of the BAFTA’s awards shows that I manage to send to YouTube. in order. As I stated earlier I am uploading the rest through Yousendit now as YouTube does not allow uploads of over 100Mb.

I am new to all this and can only get better.  I thought I’d post them all together to stop you hunting through the posts for them all. When I have all parts uploaded I will make a final post with the whole award ceremony for those who missed it.

I will still post them as they upload for those who want.

Tom

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #637 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:48 PM »
God kids, I love this site. You all are so awesome. Dare we hope for a sweep on Oscar night? I haven't seen "Capote" but damn Heath deserves it.

Why not? Let's hope for a sweep on Oscar night. Heath so deserves it, may it be March 5.  :D

You heard it here first.  I have not seen Capote, but I think it's in the tea leaves that Mr. Hoffman will go four for four...Globes, SAGs, BAFTAs and Oscars.  I hate the idea that Heath is playing second fiddle in this category, but awards are awards, politics are politics.  Heath's performance was, is and will be the legendary remembrance it deserves.

stationbbm

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline jimmypage

• Lureen
« Reply #639 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:50 PM »

Tom

:-*

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #640 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:53 PM »

Tom

Thank you, Tom.  :-*

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #642 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:58 PM »

Tom

Tons of bear hugs, Tom, for your posts. Especially since I went to have another shot of 2nd tent scene which used to be on Yousend, but it's been taken away !  :'(

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #643 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:59 PM »
LOL...I think Tom and i have literally replied within a minute of each other.Tom,you want me to do the red carpet one and leave Heath to you?

Jennis.x

Jennis, I think we can't get enough regardless. You go ahead with Jake on red carpet. Mine are taking a while as they are all now over 100MB.

I'll watch what you post, over and over.

Thank you very much 

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Tom

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #644 on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:03 PM »

Jennis, I think we can't get enough regardless.
You go ahead with Jake on red carpet. Mine are taking a while as they are all now over 100MB.

I'll watch what you post, over and over.

Thank you very much 

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Tom

I would love to go ahead with Jake on the carpet ;)(ahem!)
Now where was i ? Yes ok Tom,i will carry on sweetie.Can't think straight now you said that!

Jennis.x

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #645 on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:09 PM »

You heard it here first.  I have not seen Capote, but I think it's in the tea leaves that Mr. Hoffman will go four for four...Globes, SAGs, BAFTAs and Oscars.  I hate the idea that Heath is playing second fiddle in this category, but awards are awards, politics are politics.  Heath's performance was, is and will be the legendary remembrance it deserves.

stationbbm

I have seen Capote, and although I had heard the story before and it wasn't near as good as our movie, I have been saying to people over the past wee while that I though Philip Seymour Hoffman would steal it from Heath ( I know, .....traitor  >:(  boo >:(  hiss   >:(). Although I thought Philip gave a great performance in a mediocre film and didn't move me as much as Heath did.

Speaking to friends and family who didn't like BBM as much as me,( yes those same devil's spawn that I share a gene pool with ) most of them to a oneness say it was Heath's mumbling accent that put them off. I have tried to tell them (having watched his Interviews on Ellen and Oprah etc etc ) that this was intentional.

I am still praying with all my heart and soul for Heath to win, but he got plenty out of this to console him I hope.........Michelle, Mathilda and off course getting to snog the face off my beloved Jake)  Who needs an Oscar after that?  :P :P :P

Still. I'm with Esme on this one, fingers, toes and ovaries all crossed for Heath on Oscar night

Tom :-*

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #646 on: Feb 20, 2006, 07:34 PM »
"snog the face off my beloved Jake" 

::pauses for a moment of reflection to enjoy that image::

Ahhhh....

Okay, so PSH gets to have the acting award again - I WISH oh I WISH that the award wasn't given for 'all the past times he deserved it' or for 'best imitation of another person with lots of characteristics we recognize (can you say "Ray"?)  PSH and Jamie Foxx are great actors, but acting is more than impersonation, I thought.  It's about creating a character, and getting deep inside that character's mind to make you forget, for an entire movie, that there's an actor you know up there.  For that, I'd award the Oscar to Heath Ledger.  Cripes, he made Annie Proulx freak out, about a character SHE created.  What more proof do they need.
And don't EVEN get me started on the 'but he mumbles' idiocy.   

But this is off topic  - hooray for the four awards, for Michelle's "Rising Star" nom, which didn't get enough mention, and for Ang, Diana & James, and my golden boy, Jake.  I'm still giddy.
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #647 on: Feb 20, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Sorry this one is out of sync

Part 5 of the BAFTA coverage

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B6GW9HIOKGX00CKU4BRRQ9ROE

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #648 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:16 PM »
And here's part 7 before I head off to kip

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31PHV5W7HKD410W5HPLTJ606ZY

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #649 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Okay, I got a question. Two actually. Where and how are we gonna be together for Oscar night? I have chucked TV, reading, everything to be with you people. I want to be with you.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #650 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:20 PM »
God I felt like handing out cigars at work today after last night, but I work mainly with women and I was afraid they would set fire to their mustaches....lol

Naughty boy, we'll have to have a serious talk with your mum.     LOL   ;D

Many thanks for the uploads!!!

Okay, so PSH gets to have the acting award again - I WISH oh I WISH that the award wasn't given for 'all the past times he deserved it' or for 'best imitation of another person with lots of characteristics we recognize (can you say "Ray"?)  PSH and Jamie Foxx are great actors, but acting is more than impersonation, I thought.  It's about creating a character, and getting deep inside that character's mind to make you forget, for an entire movie, that there's an actor you know up there.  For that, I'd award the Oscar to Heath Ledger.  Cripes, he made Annie Proulx freak out, about a character SHE created.  What more proof do they need.  And don't EVEN get me started on the 'but he mumbles' idiocy.   

Yes, it appears that PSH will get the Best Acting Oscar, but wish it was Heath.  I've seen "Capote" and it is very good.  "In Cold Blood" was the first non-fiction novel - a totally new writing genre.  Overnight Capote became the greatest living writer in the US, but the fame started him on a downward spiral of alcohol and drugs that killed him in 1983. 

"60 Minutes" a TV news magazine in the US did a segment last night on PSH.   One scene shows PSH and the director Bennett Miller going over old Capote interview tapes.  Noticed that PSH didn't completely capture Capote's accent.  Capote and his close friend Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird) were born and raised in a small town in Alabama.  The Southern accent was pronounced when Capote spoke but not in PSH's imitation. 
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/16/60minutes/main1323924.shtml

Cripes, he made Annie Proulx freak out, about a character SHE created.
Yeah Annie Proulx said she felt like she had been skull f***ed.   Not something you'd expect to hear from a 70 year old woman.    :o

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 09:26 PM by hidesert »

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #651 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Sorry this one is out of sync

Part 5 of the BAFTA coverage

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B6GW9HIOKGX00CKU4BRRQ9ROE

WOW!  I feel for you uploading these clips.  I have high speed cable (Internet) and it's taking a long time to download them.

Many thanks !!!

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #652 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Yeah Thanks TomB,
Stephen Fry is great!  Don't think I've ever watched a BAFTA before!

BTW:
Is there an easy way to capture ciips from youtube when they're set for playback only?
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 09:50 PM by streetskater »

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #653 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:04 PM »
Yeah Thanks TomB,
Stephen Fry is great!  Don't think I've ever watched a BAFTA before!

BTW:
Is there an easy way to capture ciips from youtube when they're set for playback only?

Hi, Streetskater , recognise you from GT.

Thre is a post in the Treasure chest post

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=d953a460e70d8df4b82356d7562fe326&topic=1465.0

this tells you how to download YOUTube vids.  It took me a wee while to do it, as there are many music vids there that I wanted.

If that doesn't work.....In the "Selection of Music Videos" post. I detailed how I did it.....you may have to trawl throught them all but I think it was about page 13 or so.

Hope it helps

Tom
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 10:21 PM by tombul »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #654 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Thanks, Tom for uploading the clips on yousendit. I also added these links to this topic BAFTA

HERE is Tom's post on how to capture clips from youtube.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #655 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Jake in the London rain and a group shot.I'm just uploading the clips i have put together.Will post link when it's done.

Jennis.x

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2006, 07:01 PM by Frog123 »

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #656 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Thanks Tom. Any word on how to do it for a Mac?  Cuz the .flv file is great and all, but I can't open it.  :-(

-btb
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #657 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Thanks Tom. Any word on how to do it for a Mac?  Cuz the .flv file is great and all, but I can't open it.  :-(

-btb

You need a flash player to watch them.Do you have one? VLC is good.Plays everything.

Jennis.x

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #658 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:29 PM »

-btb

On that other guide it tells you to download a flv converter. This is what I did and now can play them all. It's a program called CinemaForge and I think you can download it at freedownload.com.

I keep getting out my bunk and  checking the site. Sorry folks it's 3:27 here in Edinburgh and I'm up at7:15. Got a wedding to do at 9:15 and don't want to reduce the bride to tears on her big day.

Keep it going folks

Night btb, Night Jennis, Night Ethan, Night fellow Brokies

Tom

:-* :-* :-* ;)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #659 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:34 PM »

I keep getting out my bunk and  checking the site. Sorry folks it's 3:27 here in Edinburgh and I'm up at7:15. Got a wedding to do at 9:15 and don't want to reduce the bride to tears on her big day.

Keep it going folks

Night btb, Night Jennis, Night Ethan, Night fellow Brokies

Tom

:-* :-* :-* ;)

Night Tom,Sweet Dreams.

Jennis.x