Author Topic: Riverton WY - The Rendezvous City  (Read 4731 times)

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
Riverton WY - The Rendezvous City
« on: Oct 11, 2014, 08:09 AM »
Happened across this the other day, Riverton WY has adopted a motto for their city, and have even posted it on their web site, chamber of commerce site, and the new brick welcome sign they've built at the entrance to their city:

RIVERTON
The Rendezvous City

I find this pretty remarkable, and hard to believe it is just a cooincidence. Seems they would have to be thinking of Ennis and Jack in 1967, what a great place to "get it together", huh? No picture of their famous kiss though. Also pretty amazing is that they would choose a "French" word, my, my, how times have changed in rural Wyoming.

we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline bluemountainsky

• Alma Jr.
  • just like this, always
Re: Riverton WY - The Rendezvous City
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Wow! I honestly wonder if it has anything to do with the movie? It has to...how else would they explain the "rendezvous" part?
"I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime;
In a big country, dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside."

Offline brokebacksoul

• Jack + Ennis
  • All beauty is sad. (Ophelias Dream)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:23 AM »

Apparently it refers to this:

Riverton sits at the convergence of the Big Wind and Little Wind Rivers which has been a meeting place and crossroads since pre-historic times. Chief Washakie, Jim Bridger and Sacajawea are only a few of the legends that walked this land. As well as being the site of the 1838 mountain man rendezvous making Riverton truly a place to gather.
                                                                                                                  (from rivertonchamber.org)

http://www.yellowstonegeotourism.org/content/1838-mountain-man-rendezvous/yelD9756475959BFC0F5

Deep in my heart I'd wish for a BBM origin, of course ....  <^(    ... and that at least a few of the Riverton dwellers are conscious of the double meaning (if not Brokies!!  :c) ) !!!!

You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness. (Gotye)

Offline Mimi.la.mite

• Soul Brothers
  • Jack
  • The way you move is meant to haunt me.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:39 PM »
 O0
Really love the idea of Riverton as a rendez-vous city!   <^(
I feel despondent, stuck in limbo between past and future where what I have is what I’ve lost. Bobby & Dave, no word is strong enough to say how much I miss you.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2014, 12:53 PM »
 ;D ;D O0 :^^) Mais oui! Merci, Jackster.  :^^) :c)
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.