Author Topic: Nominate Brokeback Mountain for The National Film Registry  (Read 8692 times)

Offline BBMJWT

• Alma Jr.
Time to Vote!

Librarian of Congress James H. Billington seeks nominations for the National Film Registry. Public nominations play a key role when the Librarian of Congress and Film Board are considering their final selections. To be eligible for the Registry, a film must be at least 10 years old and be “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.”

For consideration, please forward recommendations (limit 50 titles per year) via email to: dross@loc.gov . Please include the date of the film nominated (i.e. 2005) , and number your recommendations:
(i.e. 1. Brokeback Mountain), please; alphabetizing would be nice, too. No need to include justifications for your nominations unless the films are not well known (not listed in IMDb, for example). And if you would, please tell us how you learned of the Registry.

http://www.loc.gov/film/vote.html

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
Re: Nominate Brokeback Mountain for The National Film Registry
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2014, 07:46 PM »
Not sure how this will work. BBM was released 13 January 2006, so it won't meet the the 10 year requirement yet will it? Not even with the September 2005 pre-release dates would it meet the criteria. How will this work in Sept 2014?
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline zhouchunzi

• Cassie
Re: Nominate Brokeback Mountain for The National Film Registry
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06 AM »
Several years have passed, bbm influence do not know is still gone, my heart the best movie O0