Author Topic: OSCAR LIVE THREAD  (Read 508614 times)

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
Re: OSCAR LIVE THREAD - open at 6 pm EST.
« Reply #1680 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:34 PM »
I am so sad and pissed I e-mail the oscars site this response and I don't care to ever see another movie again

I will never you can take your oscars and put it where the sun doesn't shine, I have never seen so much biggotry and homophobia in my entire life, You will never get a penny in support of any future telecast on my past. You are the shame of my life. I feel sorry for you bunch of narrow-minded egotistic self loathing people.
You have done the world a favor by showing your true colors.
Adios and I will makes sure the world on the webbs knows waht you represent is lie and deceipt. You know darn well the best movie was BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

YES! I WANT TO E-MAIL THEM
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline jackchristopher27

• Alma Jr.
  • Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over
« Reply #1681 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:34 PM »
I really feel like I wanna kill someone- I don't really understand it yet. Crash is ok, but it will never be BBM, ever. lairfboaiftlkhbnqaeruinqrio.
Like vast clouds of steam from thermal springs in winter the years of things unsaid and now unsayable -- admissions, declarations, shames, guilts, fears -- rose around them. Ennis stood as if heart-shot, face grey and deep-lined, grimacing, eyes screwed shut, fists clenched, legs caving, hit the ground on his knees.

Offline brokenheart5813

• Alma Jr.
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it
« Reply #1682 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Well, I have to take some Tylenol PM and go to bed - otherwise I will grind the enamel off my teeth over the HOMOPHOBES who voted for Crash over BBM.  This movie is about LOVE, dammit!  AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH >:(
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was not real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands....

balchy28

« Reply #1683 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:34 PM »
REALLY disappointed - but this was a fantastic movie before the ceremony, and its still a fantastic movie. Do you think in years to come anyone will remember crash as a landmark? It'll be nowhere...BBM has the staying power  ;)

definately! well said  :D

Offline onebroken

• Alma Jr.
  • I love you, Ennis Del Mar
« Reply #1684 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:34 PM »
I AM SO F*CKING PISSED AND IN SHOCK!  THOSE F*CKING MEMBERS OF THE STUPID ACADEMY.

F*CK YOU OSCARS
Jack Twist:  Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Offline bharata

• Alma Jr.
  • It's because of you that I'm like this!
« Reply #1685 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:35 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
This is my house! This is my child! And you are my guest! So sit the hell down or I'll knock your ignorant ass into next week!

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1686 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:36 PM »
it doesn't matter if it won or not because it is the BEST movie i've ever seen and will ever see!! nothing could beat Brokeback!! but those other stupid homophobic people care about the Oscars and by Crash winning they would think they had defeated us!!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1687 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Cowards don't have the balls to make it best picture lest they should be seen supporting something that they think is GAY.

Well guess what you F*ck Wits, I used to spend lots of $$$$ at the movies. Never again. If Gay people in this country have any damn sense, they will not spend their money on movies or dvd's that support those freaking b@st@rds.

CC when I got a copy of BBM way at the end of December and I watched it twice..I then took it to my mothers and after we all watched it my Sister said   " This is a tremendous film, one of the best I've ever seen, but if it goes up for an Oscar it won't win because America and in particular the money in Hollywood will not want a gay picture to win.

When it won everywhere else I kept saying..look Sally it won another award and another...but she stuck by her guns. Now if she thought that how many more of us know that the best picture WORLD wide should have won here tonight. It was all poliitcal.

Non of the F*****s should get any revenue from the DVD sales.

BASTARDS !!!!

Night all my friends...Ethan my man thank you for hosting this (love ya laddie).

ChatTomorrow.
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1688 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Brothers, Sisters and Friends,

You all seem to have forgotten what many, if not most of us, have said already...

"Brokeback Mountain" has already won the highest award any movie could ever win....

OUR HEARTS.   :'(

Let us this night celebrate that.

You're right. BBM won where it mattered- in the hearts of the fans.

I'm still pissed though.

“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1689 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:36 PM »
I love British much much much more now....
They are still talking about it here.They really are in shock as am i.They are saying they are so glad they won the score,screenplay and director and one presenter said that he cried when he heard the BBM soundtrack,that violin piece he's referring to and they also said Ang gave the best speech of the night.ALL TRUE.
Jennis.x
Feel so disappointed for them :(

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #1690 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:36 PM »
You should hear the comments from the british presenters here.They are shell shocked.They all thought Brokeback should have swept the board and they cannot believe Crash won best picture full stop.What a travesty. :(

Jennis.x 

It looked like Jack Nicholson was even surprised. 

It says a lot about Hollywood. "Crash" was garbage beside the other nominated films.  Well as I mentioned before, it had a huge cast and friends vote for friends.   It comes to votes and we'll never know how close BBM came to winning.     

The British Academy recognizes real acting and real film making and I salute them. 

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #1691 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Got to give it up to Karin. Her feelings were dead on. Crash winning is a bad joke as far as I'm concerned. We all know it was crap and people only voted for it so BBM wouldn't win. How pathetic.

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1692 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Frog - Take tomorrow Darlin - it's been rough enough.

Frenchcda - Thank you..I will join you in this fight until my last breath!

Patriot, we take pride in that but,
I've felt like I've just been screwed and didn't get to enjoy it!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline natalia

• Alma
« Reply #1693 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:37 PM »
f***!

just came home, at dress rehearsal all night... caught the best picture. crying. UGH.
Give me your hand
And take what you will tonight, I'll give it as fast
And high as the flame will rise
Cinder and smoke
Some whispers around the trees
The juniper bends
As if you were listening

Offline filazahies

• Jack
« Reply #1694 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:37 PM »
I'm so sad. Well, I don't have time to sleep, it's 5.38 a.m., so I'll take a shower and let my anger run with the water. I guess my students are gona have a tough day with me. I'm sleepy, angry, tired, sad... and it's Monday!!!!

Good night to you all!! It's been a pleasure despite the sad news :-* :-* :-*

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #1695 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:37 PM »
It's wrong, but this is LA.

All I have to easy, they are alway wrong.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline mm72

• Cassie
« Reply #1696 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:37 PM »
We are so hurt because somehow we value Oscar TOO MUCH...
Screw the Oscar and keep our PRIDE: BBM has gone to a place that no other films can...
I don't think people will think of Cxxxx next year but BBM will be mentioned again and again!

Offline proulxfan

• Alma
  • " You know I ain't queer!"
« Reply #1697 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:38 PM »
I find this harder to swallow than I imagined. Crash was the weakest of the 5 nominees for Best Picture. But the Academy has always been political. I had a feeling this would happen, I've seen it countless times before. And though it scarcely needs to be said, it doesn't diminish the achievement of BBM one iota.

Keep the faith people.
Much love and many empathy hugs
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2006, 11:41 PM by proulxfan »
Jack: " Nice to know you, Ennis Del Mar."

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1698 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:38 PM »
I really feel like I wanna kill someone- I don't really understand it yet. Crash is ok, but it will never be BBM, ever. lairfboaiftlkhbnqaeruinqrio.

Well the tv presenters in my country are scratching their heads saying how did that happen?They also said,no matter what the other films have won,it will be Brokeback that goes down in history.And it will.
Jennis.x

aimi15

« Reply #1699 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Goodnight all - feel sick to stomach  :(

Offline johnvn

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1700 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:39 PM »
I gotta go, dont know where, but must out, cant stand it. So sad, maybe go to a silent place, lie on the grasses, and think.
Goodnight everyone
BBM WON OUR HEART!!! THAT'S REAL AND TRUE .
F**K ACADEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1701 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:39 PM »
i hated Crash and i hate it even more now!! i hate all the ugly members of this STUPID Academy Awards!! i wish they ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #1702 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Frog - Take tomorrow Darlin - it's been rough enough.

Frenchcda - Thank you..I will join you in this fight until my last breath!

Patriot, we take pride in that but,
I've felt like I've just been screwed and didn't get to enjoy it!

Ah no, it's LA!
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #1703 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Well, I have to take some Tylenol PM and go to bed - otherwise I will grind the enamel off my teeth over the HOMOPHOBES who voted for Crash over BBM.  This movie is about LOVE, dammit!  AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH >:(

i am sitting here in shock and you actually made me laugh about grinding your teeth  thank you for that

Offline scruffy

• Scruff Nasty
  • Jack
« Reply #1704 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Patriot -- Thanks.  You are so right.  Brokeback might not have gone in the sacred Academy best picture books but many great films that we know and love haven't either.

Think of Hollywood's great year when Gone With The Wind won.  That year brought us Wuthering Heights, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Wizard of Oz and many other amazing movies all in that year.

Brokeback has won.  Not the Academy Award but this isn't a win or loose situation.  We still have a hell of a satisfactory situation.  Yes we do.  I will not be upset for long because Brokeback has done so much.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1705 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Thanks for our friends to stay all right with us. I am so sorry that Hollywood has disappointed you. Have a good night sleep.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline bbmlover

• Jack
  • Jack - I swear......
« Reply #1706 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:40 PM »

Good night everybody.

..........not feeling well. Going to Faint - by the result.

bye

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #1707 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Goodnight all - feel sick to stomach  :(

night
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1708 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:41 PM »
You should hear the comments from the british presenters here.They are shell shocked.They all thought Brokeback should have swept the board and they cannot believe Crash won best picture full stop.What a travesty. :(

Jennis.x 

It looked like Jack Nicholson was even surprised. 

It says a lot about Hollywood. "Crash" was garbage beside the other nominated films.  Well as I mentioned before, it had a huge cast and friends vote for friends.   It comes to votes and we'll never know how close BBM came to winning.     

The British Academy recognizes real acting and real film making and I salute them. 

Me too. :)
J.x

Offline Krispera

• Alma
  • krisp luvs you
« Reply #1709 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:41 PM »
I can't believe it! HOLLYWOOD STILL HOMOPHOBIC, 100%!