Author Topic: OSCAR LIVE THREAD  (Read 508619 times)

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
Re: OSCAR LIVE THREAD - open at 6 pm EST.
« Reply #1770 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:10 AM »
You will not see me fail in mmy resolve for this movie.  This I promise all of you.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1771 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Brokeback brought together this wonderful group of people. It has made us laugh and cry-Lord knows it has made us cry.
It has brought together people who would otherwise might never have "met". We all share a love for this movie and no one and nothing can ever take that away from us.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #1772 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Italian Dude - You are soo lucky to live in a country that places some value and pride in their gay community. Don't ever regret where you are or feel that there's more South of the border...The only thing here is hatred, unadulterated, racist, homophobes.

Thanks Cowboy Cody, I am very proud to be Canadian for that reason that we actually have rights here in Canada. I can almost guarentee if there was a Canadian equivelant as big as the Academy.. I can confidently say that Brokeback Mountain would have won. It's not a full 'horray for being gay' there are still people who are against it very much so, such as our current Prime Minister.. ugh.

But we have the right to marry and that makes me happy thinking that I can actually have a life in the future and have the same rights as everyone else. There are still homophobes, but it is true that it is nothing compared to the United States. I did envy the United States when I was younger, now I pity it (politically). ugh. Come move to Canada! lol!
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1773 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:11 AM »
[?

This is a good idea, but I suggest a more positive message.  Let us congratulate BBM as the greatest movie of 2005, and one of the gretest and most influential of all time.

Here, here.  A great film that will not go away.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline bokano

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1774 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Hi all, I have just got home from my friend's house.

I want to cry  :'(

Here's my virtual shoulder, spread tears on it.

Thanks chameau,

I really want to cry in my friend's house though....but actually I just express my disappointment. I run home to meet all of you here.

Sorry, I have to say...I am really disappointed to the voters in this country.

Are u in Montreal?

Offline mm72

• Cassie
« Reply #1775 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Actually, I think Oscar "helps" BBM in a great deal, and Crash will suffer from getting the Best picuture...
Because people will try their best to support BBM even more, like us!
As to Crash, who will want to watch it? NO ONE!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #1776 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:11 AM »
The Academy does not want Cowboys to be gay (McMurtry said tonight in press room)...we get the message...so Crash gets the conciliation prize. I wonder how that feels.

Larry McMurty was right. The academy (i use that term loosely) has royally F*CKED UP. IF Gay people in America ever needed a reason to be pissed off, they just got one, in the form a huge slap in the face. 2nd class? Hell people we are considered Steerage!

Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline scruffy

• Scruff Nasty
  • Jack
« Reply #1777 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Ang is being interviewed outside the street on the carpet (on the way to a party) and he just acknowledged EVERYONE, including the woman that played Cassie (I forget her name).  He said that the actors WERE the movie.

Offline gayhunky

• Cassie
« Reply #1778 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:12 AM »
NOW I KNOW WHAT IT MUST FEEL LIKE TO BE RAPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #1779 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Actually, I think Oscar "helps" BBM in a great deal, and Crash will suffer from getting the Best picuture...

I hope so too!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #1780 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:13 AM »
From Stonewall to BBM...The a$$holes in this country have continually kept us down, whether through Bogus laws or Conservative court rulings. They have used racism, fear, and hatred to suppress a rightful place in society.

Cowboy, never look at Stonewall as a defeat.  We kicked the cops asses that night.  They were terrified of us.  That night started the move toward freedom for us...even if it has only moved a little bit.

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline proulxfan

• Alma
  • " You know I ain't queer!"
« Reply #1781 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Italian Dude,
My partner and I seriously considered doing exactly that after the 2004 presidential election, and we are still holding that as an option.
Jack: " Nice to know you, Ennis Del Mar."

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1782 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Brokeback brought together this wonderful group of people. It has made us laugh and cry-Lord knows it has made us cry.
It has brought together people who would otherwise might never have "met". We all share a love for this movie and no one and nothing can ever take that away from us.

United we stand.  :)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1783 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:14 AM »
I must leave.  Reading all this is too much for me.  I am crying my eyes out.  I am sorry.  I shall see you tomorrow.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1784 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:15 AM »

United we stand.  :)

Yes, United we stand!  :)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline bokano

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1785 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:15 AM »
Hi, all,

I am really sad right now, and I would like to invite you to join this project which I have mentioned before.

I want to send a postcard with general delivery to Riverton, as what Jack did in the movie. I want to tell Ennis how sad I am and how I feel hopeless to this society. You may want to click the link below. If you are interested, send out your postcard Monday.

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=2023.0

Offline leanmuscled

• Cassie
« Reply #1786 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:16 AM »
This is a loss to the gay community, but a gain for African Americans everywhere.

I suppose, what is one man's loss is the gain of another.

I applaud the cast of Crash and everyone involved in the film.   At least the awards were almost split between blacks and gays (2 very important minority groups).

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #1787 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:17 AM »
This is a loss to the gay community, but a gain for African Americans everywhere.

I applaud the cast of Crash and everyone involved in the film.   At least the awards were almost split between blacks and gays (2 very important minority groups).

Can you be any more biased? Yuck.

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #1788 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:17 AM »
Think about it though

There HAS to be a huge media thing with this result.

Im sure the liberal media outlets will make reference to our feeling that the Academy is too Homophobic to have given it to BBM.

Everyone thinks it deserved best picture, everyone. Its like a conspiracy. Theres going to be questions about it. There is not doubt in my mind.
You and me together
I don't worry 'cause
People keep talking

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1789 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:17 AM »
Good night all.

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1790 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:18 AM »

BROKEBACK should have won!!! we all know that!! it deserved to win!!  :'(
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1791 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Italian Dude & Proulxfan - My Bubb can get Canadian citizenship because of some law about his grandparent being born there. I'm ready to move. It really has reinforced for me that I will never be accepted in the US as a part of their society. Doesn't matter what impact I have on students, society will see me as a gay man first.

Btw..I have received another teaching award, four of the last five years...gee I wonder what they'd think If I told them all I was GAY!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1792 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:19 AM »
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline mm72

• Cassie
« Reply #1793 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:19 AM »

I hope so too!

Frog123--One thing I can be pretty sure is, once BBM's DVD comes out, it will break the record once again: it will be the best seller ever!

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1794 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:20 AM »

Cowboy, never look at Stonewall as a defeat.  We kicked the cops asses that night.  They were terrified of us.  That night started the move toward freedom for us...even if it has only moved a little bit.

Stonewall was the door that opened for us. You younger guys don't know what it was like before then. Stonewall put the fact that there were gays everywhere in  their face. A damn burst in those few days and there was no stopping it. Yes we have a long way to go, but today I can be openly gay in my life and my work. That is SOME movement.

Offline gayhunky

• Cassie
« Reply #1795 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:20 AM »

Miss Nice

« Reply #1796 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Goodmornin'!!!!!
Woke up to the news on Swedish radio: "The biggest winner on the oscars this year was Brokeback Mountain" :) :) :)

Ok, I saw the last hour and it's sad they didn't get the best picture..but hey, did you really think they would get that in that homophobic country????

Miss Nice

Offline gayhunky

• Cassie
« Reply #1797 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:21 AM »

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #1798 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Italian Dude & Proulxfan - My Bubb can get Canadian citizenship because of some law about his grandparent being born there. I'm ready to move. It really has reinforced for me that I will never be accepted in the US as a part of their society. Doesn't matter what impact I have on students, society will see me as a gay man first.

Btw..I have received another teaching award, four of the last five years...gee I wonder what they'd think If I told them all I was GAY!

You are a teacher?
And you are gay?
And they do not know you are?

I go to a Catholic Highschool and there are two known and open gay teachers, and everyone is fine with it, they are actually pretty popular with students and other teachers.
You and me together
I don't worry 'cause
People keep talking

Offline gayhunky

• Cassie
« Reply #1799 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Yeah.it helped African Americans, which is really wonderful, but give me a break........"it's Tough to Be a Pimp" as the best original song, come on!!!!