Author Topic: First tent scene...little error?  (Read 13344 times)

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
First tent scene...little error?
« on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:37 PM »
I think Ang and the boys made a little error during the first tent scene.

Jack initiates sex with Ennis.
Ennis pulls away and is up on his knees ready to fight.
Jack is up on his knees ready to defend himself.
Jack can see Ennis is not going to hit him.
Jack unbuttons his coat and takes it off.
Jack unbuttons his pants.
[The rest is burned into your mind]
Now the book says, "They went at it in silence except for a few sharp intakes of breath and Jack's choked 'gun's goin off,' then out, down, and asleep.
The movie didn't show anything to contradict the book except the "gun's goin off."
Ennis wakes up and sits up.
Ennis looks at Jack's bare bottom and then up toward his head and back to his bottom again.
Ennis pulls his own pants up and leaves.
Jack is sleeping peacefully.

Problem:
Jack is sleeping in his coat which he took off that night.  If he got up to put his coat back on before going to sleep, why didn't he pull up his pants?  And if he did pull up his pants and put on his coat, why didn't Ennis pull up his own pants?  Jack wearing the coat the next morning is a problem.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2006, 07:46 PM by Patriot1 »
Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

matsuki33

Re: First tent scene...little error?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:51 PM »
 :o :o :o :o you are so right i did notice that but i didn't paid attention i was so inmersed in the scene that i forgo that point! Houston we got a Editing Error!!! but i don't care!!! LOL

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Not meaning to be crass, but perhaps Jack leaving the door open for Round 2. ???
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline Patriot1

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Not meaning to be crass, but perhaps Jack leaving the door open for Round 2. ???

LOL  Yes, could be.  But that still doesn't explain why Ennis didn't pull up his pants while Jack was putting his coat back on.  Unless he thought maybe he might....

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:02 PM »

LOL  Yes, could be.  But that still doesn't explain why Ennis didn't pull up his pants while Jack was putting his coat back on.  Unless he thought maybe he might....

Dazed, laid, and drunk doesn't leave one with enough energy to pull your pants up...if memory serves me correct! ;)

matsuki33

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:05 PM »

Dazed, laid, and drunk doesn't leave one with enough energy to pull your pants up...if memory serves me correct! ;)
mmmm well iyou don't think that jack would be like that also?

Offline Patriot1

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:05 PM »

I'll have to take your word for that.   ;)

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:10 PM »

mmmm well iyou don't think that jack would be like that also?

Jack held his liquor better.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:43 PM »
I agree with CSC.. Jack didn't seem as drunk as Ennis, before thay go to sleep or during the sex. Ennis might have just got off then laid down and passed out again, Jack didn't seem so drunk so he pulled his pants up, put his jacket on and the canvas on top of him, then snuggeld up to Ennis.
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline Patriot1

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:46 PM »
I agree with CSC.. Jack didn't seem as drunk as Ennis, before thay go to sleep or during the sex. Ennis might have just got off then laid down and passed out again, Jack didn't seem so drunk so he pulled his pants up, put his jacket on and the canvas on top of him, then snuggeld up to Ennis.

But Jack didn't pull his pants up.  When Ennis woke up he looked at Jacks bare bottom, then toward his head, and back to his bare bottom. Then he looked outside the tent, pulled up his own pants and left.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:51 PM »

But Jack didn't pull his pants up.  When Ennis woke up he looked at Jacks bare bottom, then toward his head, and back to his bare bottom. Then he looked outside the tent, pulled up his own pants and left.

we never see that tho, for all we know Jack COULD have pulled his pants up, we only see Enis looking at where Jacks ass is, not wether it is covered or not
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline shieldmaid

• Jack
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:28 PM »
These are really good points--I have to admit, I also noticed that Jack strangely had his jacket on again when they woke up in the morning.  I like the explanation that he was more sober than Ennis--perhaps he was admiring the sleeping Ennis in the night, until he got cold and put his jacket back on and snuggled down next to him.   :-*
some open space between

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:23 PM »

I agree with you my friends
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:36 PM »

I agree with you my friends

Jack's a man who likes his comforts. It was never anything less then cold on Brokeback at night. So the deed was done, Ennis was down for the count and Jack just slipped his coat back on and with a smile on his face spooned his a** into Ennis and went to sleep. Consider the look on his sleeping face in the morning. Has anyone been more contented?  ;)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:46 PM »
to quote another forum member...he did have that freshly f***ed look on his face ;)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:52 PM »
to quote another forum member...he did have that freshly f***ed look on his face ;)

Too funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:-X Ooopse, off topic mabe?
 Jean-Louis Barrault

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Perhaps...couldn't resist! ;D ;D

Offline Daniella

• Cassie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I agree with you.  I saw the movie 20 times..yay me... and I never realized it..What I did notice, however, is when Jack woke up and grabbed Ennis' hand, the tent was tied closed..When Ennis first came in the tent, it was open and both guys went right to sleep. ???
"we're supposed to guard the sheep not eat 'em."

Offline Patriot1

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2006, 05:20 PM »
What I did notice, however, is when Jack woke up and grabbed Ennis' hand, the tent was tied closed..When Ennis first came in the tent, it was open and both guys went right to sleep. ???

You are correct deedee.  When Ennis was outside freezing and Jack was in the tent, the tent was tied.  Jack untied it to tell Ennis to get inside.

Ennis enters the tent and goes to sleep, the tent is still untied.

Jack grabs Ennis's hand, they get up on their knees and the tent is somehow tied again.

They have sex, fall asleep again, the tent is tied.

Ennis wakes up and the tent is once again somehow untied.

Someone here will probably say that Jack wasn't very drunk so he got up in the middle of the night and untied the tent to let cold air in to sober Ennis up.   :)

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Naaaahh, could be? ;D

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:11 PM »
What I did notice, however, is when Jack woke up and grabbed Ennis' hand, the tent was tied closed..When Ennis first came in the tent, it was open and both guys went right to sleep. ???

You are correct deedee.  When Ennis was outside freezing and Jack was in the tent, the tent was tied.  Jack untied it to tell Ennis to get inside.

Jack grabs Ennis's hand, they get up on their knees and the tent is somehow tied again.

Someone here will probably say that Jack wasn't very drunk so he got up in the middle of the night and untied the tent to let cold air in to sober Ennis up.   :)

Tent Gremlins, they're all over the American and Canadian Rockies. Park Rangers will tell ya what pests they are.  ;D
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline n061857

• beau dego
  • Alma
« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Hrere is a stupid question.  The guys both have their pants on, just down correct?  Wouldn't it be incredibly uncomfortable to sleep like that - restricted, you get tangled up?  I guess Ennis is too drunk to notice. 

Offline bram

• Jack
« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:27 PM »
Hrere is a stupid question.  The guys both have their pants on, just down correct?  Wouldn't it be incredibly uncomfortable to sleep like that - restricted, you get tangled up?  I guess Ennis is too drunk to notice. 

Because they're sleeping in their pants or because their pants are partly down? I sleep in my jeans a lot, so that would be fine. As for being partly down, if you're really tired and/or drunk you can sleep in anything.
Dog Canyon, Texas is the most beautiful place in the world. You should check it out.

Offline proulxfan

• Alma
  • " You know I ain't queer!"
« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2006, 10:04 PM »

Tent Gremlins, they're all over the American and Canadian Rockies. Park Rangers will tell ya what pests they are.  ;D

Works for me!  BTW, those pesky litte critters have managed to migrate east of the Mississippi to the Appalachians and the Alleghenies, let alone the Green and White Mountains in New England; I have mangaged to survive several encounters with 'em in my camping travels up and down the eastern states. They make for a more memorable camping experience. ;) So they must have been playing havoc with the tent tie ups and Ennis's pants!! Lucky devils!!
Jack: " Nice to know you, Ennis Del Mar."

Offline n061857

• beau dego
  • Alma
« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Bram,  I was talking about the fact that they are partly down.  Irealize Ennis is very drunk.  Iw onder about Jack.   Hey, I just thought of something.   Maybe this is why Jack is always feeding Ennis liquor?  To loosen him up.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Bram,  I was talking about the fact that they are partly down.  Irealize Ennis is very drunk.  Iw onder about Jack.   Hey, I just thought of something.   Maybe this is why Jack is always feeding Ennis liquor?  To loosen him up.

That's a good point because Jack looks a bit more sober, he could stand up and walk to the tent but Ennis cannot, he is too drunk.
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Jackieboy

• Cassie
« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2006, 05:59 PM »

Yes,  Jack has been trying to get Ennis drunk... notice when Ennis is crawling around in the dark and says he should get back to the sheep, before the tent scene... Jack says : You'd be better off sleeping off in the tent.  Jack does not  sound drunk to me.  Notice too when he goes to get the blanket from the tent.. he runs.. not stumbles...
Jack was not as drunk as Ennis... 
And there's no  way we know whether Jack had his pants down....I would think the blankets are on him. He probably had them up.. he wasn't as drunk as Ennis.

Offline donnaread

• Love is a force of nature
  • Alma
« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2006, 09:39 PM »

And there's no  way we know whether Jack had his pants down....I would think the blankets are on him. He probably had them up.. he wasn't as drunk as Ennis.

I noticed that too Jackieboy...Jack doesn't sound drunk at all when he gets the blanket for Ennis.  Then when Ennis wakes up, it looks to me like Jack is covered with the blanket, I don't think Ennis can see his butt, so I think you've got that right too.
This is the forest primeval.  The murmuring pines and the hemlocks, bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight...but where are the hearts that beneath it leaped...

greenfrog

« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2006, 10:09 PM »

Yes,  Jack has been trying to get Ennis drunk... notice when Ennis is crawling around in the dark and says he should get back to the sheep, before the tent scene... Jack says : You'd be better off sleeping off in the tent.  Jack does not  sound drunk to me.  Notice too when he goes to get the blanket from the tent.. he runs.. not stumbles...

He didn't sound drunk, but he sounded like he had been asleep for awhile. His voice was groggy when he told Ennis to "quit your hammering and get in here". Opinions ???

Jack39234

« Reply #29 on: Apr 14, 2006, 10:59 PM »
Ennis was more horny being up on the mountain, he wasn't going to put up too much of a fight when Jack initiated by unbuttoning his pants.

afterwards Jack was just cold and slept with his coat on. I do it all the time camping, even after sex.

:)