Author Topic: ennisjack.com Video Tribute to BBM & the Members  (Read 51818 times)

greenfrog

Re: ennisjack.com Video Tribute to BBM & the Members
« Reply #90 on: Nov 23, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Just updated all the links for download.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for all of you who made this video possible.

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=3016.msg57231#msg57231

Thank you Ethan  :^^)
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007, 09:53 PM by greenfrog »

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #91 on: Nov 23, 2006, 01:27 AM »
Thank you, Ethan.

A beautiful thanksgiving from all of us, to all of us, from all who are "Brokeback Mountain" to all of us, and on around the world and coming back to us, heart to heart around the world and back to us, each of us, you and I and all of us. 

ennisjack.com is more than the sum of its parts.

THANK YOU!

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline BBM Fan

• Ennis
« Reply #92 on: Dec 17, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Ethan:  Are these videos still available to view?  I went to the links, but can't see how to view them.  I did download Megaupload, but can you tell me where to go from there?

thanks!!

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #93 on: Dec 17, 2006, 05:10 PM »
Do you have Windows Media Player, you should be able to play the video with it
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

horo04

« Reply #94 on: Jan 18, 2007, 08:10 PM »
wow incredible...you guys really do a lot of little projects around here! That is great!  The video was very professionally done...except can I give some constructive criticism?  I couldn't stand the cello score in the background! lol  Sorry it wasn't my thing...when I kept hearing it I pictured in my mind a sad clown in a black & white picture! ;D  Yea I know weird!  I would've liked the typical BBM soundtrack in the back.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #95 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:52 PM »
horo04, thanks for your feedback. I am responsible for the cello score in the background and that is due to personal bias.  :8

Of course, there should be no shortage of tribute to BBM and I would love to see many more.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Kemmer

• Ennis
  • Ennis and Jack and The Mountain changed me forever
« Reply #96 on: Feb 24, 2007, 10:12 AM »
Just watched the Tribute again--after several months.  Still can't stop the tears.   :\'(
Tell ya what...truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #97 on: Feb 24, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Thanks, Kemmer. It is going to stay with us and especially at this time of year with the Oscar. BBM is the best film because it has touched so many of us.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline wideawake

• Cassie
« Reply #98 on: Apr 22, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Its been 2 months since I first saw BBM. After a period of being emotionally wrecked and heart-broken, I noticed a few changes in my life. First - I have reknewed hope that I too might find love again - as I had given up after my last relationship failed. Second - I look for and take opportunities that come my way and find that I now try to build wonderful memories - on a daily basis. Third - I have a new energy and thirst for life that I never knew possible.

The overall effect this movie made on my life "I stopped existing and started living".
I cant begin to thank all involved in BBM - my life is now wonderful, packed full of energy, hope, love and beauty.

<^(

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #99 on: Apr 22, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Hi and Welcome Wideawake  ^f^ I'm so glad the movie/story has had such a postive impact on your life!
"I stopped existing and started living". Beautifully said  <^(
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline rpmnh

• Lureen
« Reply #100 on: Apr 23, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Wideawake,

It is fantastic that BBM has had such a positive impact on your life. I think that it has had quite a positive impact on my life as well. Now, it may not be as obvious as it was to me previously, when BBM was "new" to me; however, I feel that some of the positive changes in my life have continued to this day, and have even become second nature. Case in point: Yesterday, I was at a large party. I went by myself, and in that situation, I would often feel "uncomfortable" if I were just "standing" around, between conversations, etc. I did not feel that way once during the event. I attribute the changed response, at least in part, to the concerted effort I undertook after experiencing "BBM syndrome." The intense emotions that I experienced after BBM motivated me to work towards letting go of some of the fear/inhibitions in my life which were not serving me (as they did not server Ennis). I am still working on it, but I feel like I have progressed, and am a better person because of it. The power of this movie never ceases to amaze me...

Offline jstephens9

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have been rather scarce for quite awhile now. I have been working on my masters degree and between work and that I have had no time. However, I am very ready to get back into the world of BBM and the EnnisJack.com group. I have not watched the movie in awhile, but these tributes bring it all back as easily as anything from BBM brings it back. Hey, they bring a lot of tears still too and in fact just as many or more as the movie did the very first time I saw it. Thank you so much Ethan and company for putting these together. To add something, I am so glad this group is around and growing. I am so glad that Brokeback continues to be in our hearts. I can't ever really see another movie having an impact on me like this one did. Once upon a time, I found myself in the Gyllenhaal yahoo group and another BBM group, but those groups just did not express the dedication for the movie, for Ennis and for Jack that this one does. Just as Ang Lee said at the oscars, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal brought two people who didn't exist, Ennis and Jack to life. This is the truest statement I can think of. Nobody could have brought Ennis and Jack to life the way Heath and Jake did. However, the other groups beside EnnisJack.com tend to concentrate more on the actors, especially Jake, than on the movie and the characters they made to us like real people. Don't get me wrong I think both are great actors; however, my main focus has never been on them as much as the characters they portrayed. I'm curious as to how others feel about this?????

As a side note, and this may be funny to some of you, I have a real hard time with a performance Jake did that I saw again Saturday night. He hosted Saturday Night Live and there were supposedly two "gay" cowboys in the audience at which point Jake stripped down to drag and performed the song from Dreamgirls "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going." I have to tell you that as much as I try to find humor in that performance I just don't like it. I feel it is a joke about a movie that was not and was never meant to be funny. I feel the performance discredited what the movie was trying to show and to say. I would also be curious as to how other feel about this?????

So glad to be back and again Thanks  :t)

Jack from North Carolina
You know it could be like this, just like this, always..........

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2007, 11:37 PM »
Hello, Jack. Glad I'm not the only one - I didn't like the SNL thing either,or the two "cowboys" either. Don't like fanfics about J and E either - though I know I'm in a minority here. However, to me it would be as likely that I'd watch a fanfic about Hamlet or any of the other great tragic heroes - for me BBM is too serious to be used as a basis for comedy, particularly by one of the actors who took one of the main parts.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:18 PM by welshwitch »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2007, 11:45 PM »
WW. I guess I am also in the minority too.

Jack - glad to have you back. As Jack's mom said, "you come back and see us"  :^^) Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

The forum is still here....it ain't going anywhere (sounds familiar).

Offline jstephens9

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Thanks Ethan! I will be here much more often now  :) I am also glad to know that you and welshwitch felt like I did about the SNL deal. It actually did make me mad and the reason was because of exactly what welshwitch said about using the movie as a basis of comedy and particularly by one of the actors who played one of the main parts. I have actually tried to watch the SNL thing again to see if I could find the comedy since some felt I took it too seriously. In fact I did that this past Saturday when it was shown for at least the third time. It still wasn't funny, and yes I still ended up turning it off  >:( Oh well, please don't anyone think that I don't like Jake cause that is not true. There is just a possibility that I like Jake as Jack better  :) I also had a very bad reaction while I was in the Gyllenhaal group and someone said that it would be great if BBM became like the Rocky Horror Picture Show, was shown late at night, and people danced, threw popcorn, water, etc. I got mad about that and let whoever said it know that it was degrading to speak about BBM that way and that there was absolutely nothing comical or funny about the movie.
You know it could be like this, just like this, always..........

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Welcome back, jstephens9.

OT:

As a note on the SNL performance by Jake, I for one don't necessarily agree with you and WW. 

I am not particularly into drag numbers, nor am I particlularly into show tunes, and the like.  And I for one consider Gyllenhaal much more attractive in a t-shirt or suit than in a glittery gown.

But I think both of you may be missing his point.  It was never meant to be a show of disrespect to the gay community, nor did it intend to sterotype or lampoon a certain lifestyle that is preferred in certain quarters of the gay community.

To put this better into perspective, I recently met a friend here in Chicago who told me that a certain bar on Halsted street in Boystown has started playing this segment of SNL every weekend -- always to raptuous applause.  But what I found most interesting was that some of these people considered this gesture more memorable and more meaningful than Brokeback Mountain itself.

I don't happen to share this opinion, but I appreciate the spirit of diversity that the gay community has always been blessed with.   Not every gay person is into drag, for instance; but I don't consider it an insult or a sign of disrespect when a performance is done in drag. 

Many people in the gay community thought that Gyllenhaal had guts to do a performance which, after all, is not uncommon in the world of gay culture, but is very uncommon in the world of straight males.  In addition to this, I disagree with the contention that the performance was an affront to Brokeback Mountain.  Why should it be?  Many of my friends who revel in show tunes and drag performances also have a love for BBM, and they seem to appreciate the humour of Jake's performance more than I ever will.

My point is that not to see humour in something does not necessarily mean that one should be offended automatically.  What is found to be objectionable in some quarters is not in others. 

I enjoyed the performance for what it is: a sign of appreciation from a straight actor who has no fear and is confident enough to do a drag performance, and do it well.    It was not meant to make a statement about BBM, himself, or the gay community at large.  In this context, I cannot voice any personal objection to it, although you have every right to voice yours.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:14 PM by tpe »

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2007, 05:58 AM »
Hello, Jack. Glad I'm not the only one - I didn't like the SNL thing either,or the two "cowboys" either. Don't like fanfics about J and E either - though I know I'm in a minority here. However, to me it would be as likely that I'd watch a fanfic about Hamlet or any of the other great tragic heroes - for me BBM is too serious to be used as a basis for comedy, particularly by one of the actors who took one of the main parts.

I know we're going off topic and this is not the subject of this thread, but I must comment here regarding the BBM fanfics, being a "heavy" fanfic consumer myself. Fanfiction is not necessarily a comedy. I can testify that certain fanfictions made me cry buckets, and I went thinking about them for days. I don't see them as degrading to the movie and to the canon Ennis and Jack. For me, fanfiction was a tremendous help in my healing process. When I came here I was so down and felt so empty and depressed, I grieved for Jack's death and for Ennis's loneliness. And then I read a wonderful fanfiction in which Ennis and Jack were together at last, and happy, and you have no idea what it did to me - it brought me so much comfort, to read about them in the way I'd like to see them. This is the kind of life I'd want for them, and if anything, I see this story as a tribute to our boys. I understand people who don't want to read alternative stories/endings to BBM, but for me and for others it's a source of comfort. In no way I see this as a joke.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #107 on: Oct 01, 2007, 12:25 AM »
we have to give an Oscar for best movie, best picture, best soundtrack to:

Ethan, Ravenus19, Froggy, tpkomodo

;D ;D

Hear, hear! Best Picture of Our Hearts indeed!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You people rock!
Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14 AM »
 <^( I love this video that is a tribute from the board...its so nice to see all the peoples comments and Ang Lee accepting the award at the end :) Its a lovely tribute and makes me so proud to be a part of this site! I just wish id been a member when video was made and maybe i might have had a chance of putting a message in vid too lol!  Good work guys! O0  Thanks for your hard work! :) x x x x