Author Topic: Forum Updates  (Read 32998 times)

Offline brokebackmountain

• Brokebackmountain is now "ethan"
  • Administrator
  • Jack
Forum Updates
« on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:12 AM »
We upgrade the forum today and are excited to provide more features in this forum. Here are a few new features.

1. No more banner ads.  ;D

2. Spell check for posting.

3. Sticky topics - those are the topics already staying on the top of board with this icon

4. Event Calendar - On top of the page, you will see this icon . When you scroll down to the forum home page, you will see a section of upcoming events.

5. File attachment with a post -  You can attach the following file types: txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, mpg, png

Maximum attachment size allowed: 128 KB. In order to attach file, you must a registered member and have at least 10 posts. To attach files, cllick "Additional Options" under the text box and you can browse the files from the location of file and attach.

More to come.

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2005, 03:15 AM by brokebackmountain »
Born from their love..forever bound by ours.

• Administrator
  • Jack
Re: Forum Updates - New Features
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:15 AM »
-- save for future use --

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Great work web...master! x ;)
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

• Administrator
  • Jack
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Great work web...master! x ;)

Thank you. Moderator. You rock too. I am still learning all these new features. Let's get more people to this forum.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Important Forum Announcement - April 21, 2006
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:40 AM »
Dear BBM forum members,

The forum went live on December 19, 2005 out of my pure obsession with BBM. After more than a month, the forum has grown to the size of more than 1100 members with more than 10000 posts. I am grateful to your contribution, many of them heartfelt and thought provoking. Coming to this forum and reading these posts make most of my days. I can't express my gratitude to everyone enough for enriching the experience of this forum. You bring this forum to live.

As the forum grows larger, the workload for the moderators also increases. Our moderators volunteer their time and effort because of their passion for BBM. I'd kindly ask you to read and follow the guidelines. As you wander around in the forum,  please let us know if you have question or concern on specific posts. It may happen sometimes that posts or topics are edited or deleted. Please understand the decision of doing so doesn't come easily. The forum belongs to everyone and it is important for everyone to make it a friendly, supportive and informative community. For that, we rely on your help.

Please report the following to the administrative staff immediately.

1. You receive suspicious spam via PM or email. Please note the forum does not email or PM members with commercial messages, or any activities related to the forum. Any update will ONLY be announced publicly in the forum.

2. You are concerned with the content of the topic/post

3. You encounter situations where administrative assistance is required.

Thank you again for supporting BBM and this forum. BBM really got us good.

Ethan - administrator

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2006, 05:08 PM by ethan »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline flikker2005

• Alma Jr.
Re: Important Forum Announcement - February 1, 2006
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:09 AM »
An era of technology has given us;

- a tool to link kindred souls on the internet,

- a film art form with depth as no other

Know that

-  There is no substitute for the passion of living flesh.

-  We have these things in common to bind us together over time and distance.

I thank you for giving your time to this forum.

It is well appreciated.

Be well Ethan.

Touts les événements sont enchaîné dans le meilleur des mondes possibles ... VOLTAIRE "Candide; ou L'Optimisme"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Important Forum Announcement - February 1, 2006
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Well said, flikker2005. Thank you for your encouragement and all the members contributing to the soul of this forum.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Forum Updates - Reorganization of the forum
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:59 AM »
Feb 9 -

The forum is undergoing some reorganization of the boards. Some of the boards have been removed to better serve the needs of the members.

Some topics have been moved to a different board which may be difficult to locate. I encourage you to use "research" located on the top of th board and apologize for any inconvenience during this transition period.

I invite your feedback and comment. Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2006, 01:02 AM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Important Forum Announcement - February 9, 2006
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Update: Forum reorganization

The forum has been reorganized to facilitate posting and discussion.

Three major boards have been deleted and replaced

Deleted: "BBM Questions" "Your Review & Thought" & "Anything Goes"

The topics in these boards have been moved to "Characters, Quotes & Scenes" "BBM Impact, Thought & Experiences"

Also, there are some modification of the boards and structure.

Cast, Ang Lee, & Soundtrack consists of child boards of Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllanhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway, Ang Lee, and Soundtrack

AP Story and Screenplay has been added to the board for discussion of short story and screenplay.

Not Sure Where to Post was added to help members who don't know which board to post the topic.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Two new boards have been added under "Mountain Cafe"

"Member Interests" - http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?board=49.0

"Fan Fiction & Poem" - http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?board=50.0

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Ethan I hope I never forget to say thank you, btw: I added a revised version of the mistake from yesterday in the hope to give you justice and amend the error of my ways, also I wish to know your imput on a letter from dear Ennis, Your comment are my lessons in becoming a better human being, thank you
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Important Forum Announcement - March 16, 2006
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Forum Update

The forum recently was reorganized.

There are now three main boards -

Feature Boards - the feature boards will be used to feature some of the boards either from "The Movie & Story" and "Member Corner." They will be rotated on a regular basis.

The Movie & Story - this board is all about BBM.

Member Corner - an area for chatting and other members' interests.

An index was created to help members find BBM discussion and it is located in "Characters, Scenes & Quotes"

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=1504.0

"Local Channels" was added for non-English discussions.

Please let us know if you have any suggestion or idea to improve this forum. Thank you for your help and support.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2006, 01:26 AM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Important Forum Announcement - April 21, 2006
« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2006, 05:12 PM »
Dear members,

I am sorry to inform that we are quickly approaching the limit of our server space for attachments - 50MB. Starting May 1, members will not be able to attach files and we will start deleting some of the photos. Starting May 1, you will see some posts contain [deleted by administrator] because we need to make more space for future use.

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask everyone a favor. Please try to use the following websites to host images and use the link of the image to post.

http://www.imagethrust.com
http://www.photobucket.com

It will really help us save the space.

For those of you who are not familiar with posting with image links, please read HERE or HERE

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2006, 09:22 AM by Frog123 »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Forum Updates
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 01:57 PM »
May 22 - the server hosting our banner and emoticons is currently down. We are in the process of fixing the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Ethan - administrator

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 02:49 PM »
May 22 3:49 EST.

Update

The banner and all the emoticon are back and working now.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2006, 07:42 PM »
June 28, 8:44 PM EST - the server is currently down. When the server is down, it usually shows the message "unable to connect to database"

I have contacted tech support and let's hope it will be up and running smoothly soon. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2006, 10:49 PM by ethan »

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #16 on: Jul 07, 2006, 04:31 PM »
it's July 7th, 22:30 GMT ~ Greenwich.

The server is currently down....Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #17 on: Jul 16, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Sorry peeps...today July 16th, since 6pm GMT...the server has been playing up....again sorry for the inconvenience...and let's hope that's it for today x

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Forum Updates - New Board
« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Here is a new board for all topics related to get together - Member Connection

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?board=57.0

In this board, you will find all the info about meeting the Brokies.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Forum Updates when the server is down
« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Auguet 2nd, the forum experienced a lot of server difficulty. When the server is down, it usually shows the message "unable to connect to database"

In a situation like this, we can only report the outage to tech support and let's hope it will be up and running smoothly soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We have created a blog for the updates when the server is down. You can check the blog for the server updates. Please bookmark the blog

http://ennisjack.blogspot.com

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
First Live Chat
« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2006, 09:44 PM »
&**) Brokies - Mark your Calendar for our very first ennisjack.com Live Chat  &**)
[/size][/b]

For the first time, the forum will host a chat room for all members to chat live. Want to experience brokies in a chat room la-shawing? Don't miss this very first ennisjack.com live chat.

The live chat will be scheduled on August 27, Sunday for four hours. 

Time scheduled:

Pacific 11am - 3pm
Mountain 12pm - 4pm
Central 1pm - 5pm
Eastern 2pm - 6pm
UK 7pm - 11pm
Western Europe 8pm - 12pm
Asia 2am - 6am (August 14)

The chat room is located at http://www.bbmtalk.com/chat.htm

Pre-live chat thread is open - http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=5847.0

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2006, 04:36 PM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Locking of Mountain Cafe
« Reply #21 on: Aug 17, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Dear members,

As part of ongoing forum re-organization, starting August 21 - Mountain Cafe will be locked and members will not be able to start new topics. The mod team felt that this board has saturated with number of threads and many of them are worth visiting and re-visiting (currently 225 topics). We encourage you to visit and keep posting in these great threads. And of course, if you have any interesting idea for a new thread, you are welcome to pass your idea to the mod team.

The mod team is always thinking of improving the forum to better serve greater interests of members. Please understand that this is not an attempt to limit members' participation. In the future, the board may be open again. If you have any idea to help improve the forum, we love to hear from you.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and support.

ennisjack.com Mod Team

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Email Notifications
« Reply #22 on: Aug 17, 2006, 11:44 AM »
As the forum grows larger, the mod team feels the need to mass email members for important forum updates and upcoming events and better communicate with our members.

The email update will only be used when necessary and only to those who wish to receive it.

By default, the option of receiving notification by email is on when you register. Please check your profile setting and make sure the noficiation option is unchecked if you do not want to receive any email or PM updates.

Profile --> Notifications and Emails --> Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #23 on: Sep 01, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Friday 1st of September ~ 17:50 GMT..the server appears to be a tad slow again!!

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and support.

Mod Team

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Removal of nested quotes
« Reply #24 on: Oct 21, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Lately, the forum has experienced excessive quoting. In order to keep our "home" clean and not too cluttered, starting October 22 posts with nested quotes will be automatically removed. This will only show the quote of the post in question, not any other ones.

Below is an example of nested quote. In many cases, it is not necessary. Please minimize the use of quote, especially those with long post or large pix. It saves us a lot of scrolling and it looks neater.

Post #1

Post #2

Post #3

Post #4

Thank you for your understanding and help.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Two New Boards
« Reply #25 on: Oct 21, 2006, 12:46 PM »
The forum will undergo some re-organization again.

The board of Member Interests will be locked and gradually be relocated to two new boards

Fun & Games - this board will host all threads just for lighter stuff.

Life & Leisure - for threads related to your personal interests and your life outside of BBM.

Please help us during this transition. If you have any idea to make this forum better organized, we love to hear from you. Thank you.
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2006, 01:00 PM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #26 on: Dec 17, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Important Forum Update

In the last week of December, the forum will be moved to a new server. When the forum is ready to move, there will be a down time for a few hours. An announcement will be made when we are ready to move.

Once the move is complete, the forum will have a new look with faster speed and enhanced features. There will be no change of the forum structure and all you need to do is to log on with your username and password.

For those uploading their avatars to the forum, please back up and upload it again to the new forum. Thank you very much for your help during this transition and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Between now and moving the forum, the URL of ennisjack may not be working. If you can't access the forum using ennisjack.com, please try the following URL:

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2006, 12:07 AM by ethan »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2006, 12:37 AM »
We are ready to move to a new home

Ennisjack.com will be offline for upgrades and moving to a new server. Below is the scheduled date and time when the forum will go offline. The forum will be available again as soon as the upgrade and moving are completed. It is expected to take about 4 - 6 hours. 

December 27, 9 pm PST
December 27, 11 pm CT
December 28, midnight EST
December 28, 5 am London Time
December 28, 6 am Central Europe

Between now and the scheduled offline, the URL of ennisjack.com may not be working. When it happens, please use http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php to access the forum.

When the forum is offline, please visit http://ennisjack.blogspot.com/ for emergency updates.

After moving is completed, the URL for the forum will be http://www.ennisjack.com

IMPORTANT - If you uploaded your avatar to the forum, please backup a copy of it.

If you encounter any problem to log on to the new forum, please email ennisjack@gmail.com or contact other moderators

Other than keeping this info handy, there is nothing else you need to do for the move. Please log on with your current username and password after the new forum becomes live.

If you have any question or concern, please contact the mods. Thank you for your help. We can't wait to greet everyone at the new home.

« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2006, 01:36 AM by ethan »

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2006, 05:26 PM »
bump!!! Just to make sure members are aware of this!!! x

Offline Mario83

• EnnisJack
  • Cassie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 24, 2006, 07:50 AM »
Hi for all of you BBM Members... I just wanted to say that i'm still with you and support you for the great work u're doing!   (In between, I've just watched BBM movie few hours ago for the fourth time... and it still affects me like the first time... i needed someone to talk to and here i am..)
anyway, Good work for the website!  See you around!
LOVE is FORCE of NATURE