Author Topic: Best Actor (Oscars, 2005-6)  (Read 3470 times)

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
  • Ennis Del Mar is my hero
Best Actor (Oscars, 2005-6)
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Just because the award for best actor did not go to Heath Ledger (will somebody please tell me why?!), doesn't mean that best performance wasn't given by Heath Ledger. 

And I'm not even a fan of Heath Ledger.

Like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away," Mr. Ledger was snubbed.  But, take heart!  Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ang Lee, Annie Proulx, ... indeed everyone involved in bring this remarkable story to life has earned a place in the hearts and souls of so many people.

Oscar, Shmoscar!

Who needs an award when you have all this fan support?

Ennis Del Mar is my hero!

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...
Re: Best Actor (Oscars, 2005-6)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2006, 06:47 PM »
I think Heath deserved win the oscar i've see the Philip Seymour Hoffman work in Capote, well i don deny it's a wonderfull performance, but i still believed the oscar was for Heath... and Jake and Michelle... O0
Nunca me alejo, mas allá de una mirada...

Offline ennis8

• Cassie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I totally agree, everyone of the nominated actors deserved to win, especially Heath and Jake, they are just so incredible in their roles that there is just no comparison. I mean Heath is compleately unrecognizable in the film, hi is Ennis!  I have seen him on the TV on interviews and he is a totally different person, it is an amazon transformation.  As far as I am concered both Heath, Jake and Michele won their respective Oscars.

Offline FulOfSadness

• Jack
  • I am the crescendo of Sadness
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Heath should of won it just for the fact that he had to use his own creativity to help bring Ennis Del Mar to life. PSH only had to watch old tapes of Truman Capote and mimic what he saw. Yes he is a great mimicer, but Heath's transformation was beautiful. I personally think Jaquine Phoenix should of won for Walk the Line, but thats me. Heath and PSH come in a close 2nd. Jaquine had to do the same thing as PSH, but he did his own singing, and I respect that.
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.

RebelWithSadness