Author Topic: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result  (Read 139400 times)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
Re: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result
« Reply #90 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Teenyboppers? LOL...Sandy,if only you knew ;)

J.x

Jake Gyllenhaal lassos MTV honor

Teeny-boppers voted to give Jake Gyllenhaal MTV's best performance award and recognized a romantic moment with Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain as best kiss.
BY SANDY COHEN
Associated Press

Full artice here:

http://origin.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/14741945.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_entertainment

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #91 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:33 PM »
I was just thinking that Jake & Heath, and Jake probably won caue of "us"... the more mature audience that don't usually vote for this awards ;) I am certainly not a teeny bopper ;)
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #92 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:42 PM »
But then he seemed to realize that the award meant that the show's
voters, which is MTV's viewers, might be (gulp) more mature and
tolerant than Oscar voters. "It's a big deal," the actor said.

A sad commentary to the artistic and social maturity of AMPAS.

Yes,just his comments but it's annoying when he is trying to convey what Jake is thinking.He doesn't know that.Nobody does.

J.x

Yes.  If Jake is true to form, he must have been serious rather than grumpy.  I think this is the writer's poor attempt at humour.  At the very least, he realized that the Oscars is out of touch.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #93 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:42 PM »
I was just thinking that Jake & Heath, and Jake probably won caue of "us"... the more mature audience that don't usually vote for this awards ;) I am certainly not a teeny bopper ;)
I would say and like to think that a huge majority of the votes came from this forum.I know i voted patiently in every catergory many times,just so i could vote for our boys,and i know many others did too.And i'm not a teeny bop either. :)

J.x

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #94 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:43 PM »
But then he seemed to realize that the award meant that the show's
voters, which is MTV's viewers, might be (gulp) more mature and
tolerant than Oscar voters. "It's a big deal," the actor said.

A sad commentary to the artistic and social maturity of AMPAS.

Yes,just his comments but it's annoying when he is trying to convey what Jake is thinking.He doesn't know that.Nobody does.

J.x

Yes.  If Jake is true to form, he must have been serious rather than grumpy.  I think this is the writer's poor attempt at humour.  At the very least, he realized that the Oscars is out of touch.

Yes i think you are right ;) and he was right about the Oscars.
J.x

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #95 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Teenyboppers? LOL...Sandy,if only you knew ;)

J.x

Jake Gyllenhaal lassos MTV honor

Teeny-boppers voted to give Jake Gyllenhaal MTV's best performance award and recognized a romantic moment with Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain as best kiss.
BY SANDY COHEN
Associated Press

Full artice here:

http://origin.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/14741945.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_entertainment

Hi Jennis

Oh thats funny.....not been called a teenybopper in a long while, if ever actually....... ;D

I didnt think Jake looked grumpy, I thought he looked happy, really happy to be accepting the award, and so he should be.  It was voted by the people who went out and watched it, loved it, watched it again, and again.......we did Heath and Jake good.

"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #96 on: Jun 05, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Jake couldn't look grumpy if he tried.

They won! Hallelujah! and up the Oscars!

Vulgar triumphalism - nasty.

I'm a teeny-bopper times four or five, so I voted four or five times. Makes sense, no?

Offline frances

• Jack + Ennis
My candle burns at both ends / It will not last the night / But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends / It gives a lovely light (Edna St. Vincent Millay)

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #100 on: Jun 05, 2006, 10:47 PM »
So,first we are teenyboppers,now we are kinky...LOL

Jennis.x

MTV's smoochfest for Jake

"Brokeback Mountain" may have gotten the big kiss-off at the Academy Awards, but, hey, at least the gay cowboys won best lip lock at the MTV prizes where their Oscar-slapped pic went undefeated, scoring two wins for two noms. That was the easiest award of all to predict since voters usually opt for kinky.

Or maybe they just like to get all kissy-faced with Jake Gyllenhaal, who also won the top acting trophy even though he was just considered a supporting player at most other kudos contests. Jake even dealt Reese Witherspoon her first defeat of awards season! However, he couldn't beat his on-screen sweetheart, since poor Heath Ledger wasn't nominated.

Hey, Jake and Heath actually kissed twice in "Brokeback Mountain" — once in a stairwell and another time by campire — so which smooch did they win for, eh?

(Focus Features)
June 05, 2006

Link to whole article:
http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2006/06/mtvs_smoochfest.html

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #101 on: Jun 06, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Thanks for posting that video link frances - liked Jake's comments!

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm delighted to be called a teenybopper - thought those days were long (long) gone ;D
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #102 on: Jun 06, 2006, 03:03 AM »

Jennis.x

"Brokeback Mountain" may have gotten the big kiss-off at the Academy Awards, but, hey, at least the gay cowboys won best lip lock at the MTV prizes where their Oscar-slapped pic went undefeated, scoring two wins for two noms. That was the easiest award of all to predict since voters usually opt for kinky.

Or maybe they just like to get all kissy-faced with Jake Gyllenhaal, who also won the top acting trophy even though he was just considered a supporting player at most other kudos contests. Jake even dealt Reese Witherspoon her first defeat of awards season! However, he couldn't beat his on-screen sweetheart, since poor Heath Ledger wasn't nominated.

Hey, Jake and Heath actually kissed twice in "Brokeback Mountain" — once in a stairwell and another time by campire — so which smooch did they win for, eh?

(Focus Features)
June 05, 2006

Link to whole article:

Why - and I mean WHY - is a regular kiss, fully clothed between two adults in love considered kinky???

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #103 on: Jun 06, 2006, 04:05 AM »

Finally, I am crying tears of joy.  Congratulations to our boys for their justly deserved awards. Their performances were monumental.  And their victory was due in no small part to the Brokies who voted their fingers off. Thank you.

Thank you for all the wonderful images and the news links. "Teenyboppers"; well, at least the idiot made me feel young again.

Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #104 on: Jun 06, 2006, 07:24 AM »

Jennis.x

(Focus Features)
June 05, 2006

Link to whole article:

Why - and I mean WHY - is a regular kiss, fully clothed between two adults in love considered kinky???

Let them think whatever they want. "We" won,the best kissssss,that's what matters
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2006, 07:06 AM by hpv »
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #105 on: Jun 06, 2006, 07:58 AM »

Let them think whatever they want. "We" won,the best kissssss,that's what important

Hear hear! :) I'd rather be a kinky teenybopper than an ignorant bigot, any day of the week ;) :)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #106 on: Jun 06, 2006, 09:35 AM »

Let them think whatever they want. "We" won,the best kissssss,that's what important

Hear hear! :) I'd rather be a kinky teenybopper than an ignorant bigot, any day of the week ;) :)

Thats true :)

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #107 on: Jun 06, 2006, 09:49 AM »
I wish Heath was there too and we would have got a re-enactment of the scene.. ugh! haha
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #108 on: Jun 06, 2006, 12:03 PM »
I wish Heath was there too and we would have got a re-enactment of the scene.. ugh! haha

I'm actually not sure if that would have been so good after all...
here's the thing-on one hand the 'faghag' part of me REALLY, REALLY wanted to see my two fav actors re-enact the hottest kiss ever- in public.
but on the other hand, I think the kiss would have been like...making fun of brokeback. it would be like, playing into the organisator and audience's hands...giving them exactly what they want- A SHOW. and the kiss we would have witnessed would have been a kiss between heath and jake....while the kiss we witnessed in brokeback and which the two got the award for in the first place, was indeed a kiss BETWEEN JAKE&ENNIS.

and while on topic: we had this huge discussion over at IHJ. some people were claiming that they felt offended by that little stunt Jake&Justin pulled ( 'keepin' my distance' ) and that jake should have kissed justin (!!!). and now I'm wondering what you guys think ( not about the kissing justin thing, that would have been just plain stupid if you ask me ). were you offended by the way Jake kept his distance? did it bother you? or did you feel it was just a harmless 'mtv movie awards style' joke?
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #109 on: Jun 06, 2006, 12:16 PM »

here's the thing-on one hand the 'faghag' part of me REALLY, REALLY wanted to see my two fav actors re-enact the hottest kiss ever- in public.
but on the other hand, I think the kiss would have been like...making fun of brokeback. it would be like, playing into the organisator and audience's hands...giving them exactly what they want- A SHOW. and the kiss we would have witnessed would have been a kiss between heath and jake....while the kiss we witnessed in brokeback and which the two got the award for in the first place, was indeed a kiss BETWEEN JAKE&ENNIS.

and while on topic: we had this huge discussion over at IHJ. some people were claiming that they felt offended by that little stunt Jake&Justin pulled ( 'keepin' my distance' ) and that jake should have kissed justin (!!!). and now I'm wondering what you guys think ( not about the kissing justin thing, that would have been just plain stupid if you ask me ). were you offended by the way Jake kept his distance? did it bother you? or did you feel it was just a harmless 'mtv movie awards style' joke?

Personally i agree.I don't feel a need to see it reenacted as it belongs to Jack and Ennis and BBM.As for iheartjake.I don't really pay much attention to that website,but i think it would be ridiculous for Jake to kiss Justin.Why?
And the distance.Yes,just harmless fun.

Jennis.x

Offline Hanna

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #110 on: Jun 06, 2006, 12:17 PM »
and now I'm wondering what you guys think ( not about the kissing justin thing, that would have been just plain stupid if you ask me ). were you offended by the way Jake kept his distance? did it bother you? or did you feel it was just a harmless 'mtv movie awards style' joke?

well to tell the truth i still don't know what to think about this.. ::)
i don't know what jake's intention was, when he did it, or if it was part of the show and thougt as a joke.
my problem here is that i don't get the joke, dind't find it funny at all; i also wondered why jake didn't laugh..

so.. if someone can explain it to me.. i would be happy ;)
You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #111 on: Jun 06, 2006, 12:18 PM »

Personally i agree.I don't feel a need to see it reenacted as it belongs to Jack and Ennis and BBM.As for iheartjake.I don't really pay much attention to that website,but i think it would be ridiculous for Jake to kiss Justin.Why?
And the distance.Yes,just harmless fun.

Jennis.x

oh, you have no idea how refreshing it is to read such a post! thanks! finally some common human sense....
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline frances

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #112 on: Jun 06, 2006, 12:52 PM »

but on the other hand, I think the kiss would have been like...making fun of brokeback. it would be like, playing into the organisator and audience's hands...giving them exactly what they want-

Same here. I'm glad they didn't do it. Doing it for laughs and publicity will cheapen the whole experience.

Another two pics from the show....

.......and ......a little bit OFF TOPIC...a video from MTV MOVIE AWARDS 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUVqcdE8zs&search=mtv%20awards

My candle burns at both ends / It will not last the night / But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends / It gives a lovely light (Edna St. Vincent Millay)

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #113 on: Jun 06, 2006, 01:01 PM »

Hello koka.  Tell the Jake fans at IHJ that it is their duty not to criticize Jake.  ;)  For a fan, all this talk is rank heresy.  Who can Jake rely on except his fans? 

Chastise them for us!  :)

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #114 on: Jun 06, 2006, 02:35 PM »
I totally agree with Koka and Jennis, it would have been wrong, cause it would instantly have been a laugh.

As for the keeping hte distance, that was just a typical mtv thing I think... the way I saw it Jake kinda nodded to Justin " you want a kiss?" justin nodded no and they agreed on a distant handshake... ;)

And I agre with tpe too... Chastize IHJ...they post papparazzi pics and critizise Jake?? What a fansite... COME HERE JAKE ...COME TO US  :^^)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #115 on: Jun 06, 2006, 02:53 PM »
I totally agree with Koka and Jennis, it would have been wrong, cause it would instantly have been a laugh.

As for the keeping hte distance, that was just a typical mtv thing I think... the way I saw it Jake kinda nodded to Justin " you want a kiss?" justin nodded no and they agreed on a distant handshake... ;)

And I agre with tpe too... Chastize IHJ...they post papparazzi pics and critizise Jake?? What a fansite... COME HERE JAKE ...COME TO US  :^^)
Yes,this forum is quite wonderful the way it supports the actors,the story and each other when needed.I truly love it here,and i don't feel a need to frequent other forums.Quote from Moonlight Mile:"You find your home"
and i'm really happy to of found it here :)

Jennis.x

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #116 on: Jun 06, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Funny. T don;t

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #117 on: Jun 06, 2006, 03:00 PM »

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #118 on: Jun 06, 2006, 03:02 PM »
have a problem with all the parodies and stuff, but I would have with Jake ( or Heath if he was around) doing anything in public to parody/re-enact/whatever any part of BBM.

(Server problems - weird things are going on among the electrons)

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #119 on: Jun 06, 2006, 03:06 PM »
ok :)