Author Topic: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result  (Read 139380 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result
« Reply #150 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:12 PM »
I loved both of his speeches so damn hot, so humble too. The clips from the best performance made me tear up- those little bits. They deserved it for best kiss and Jakey deserved it for best performance. The thinking people got to vote this time- the people that matter- fans.

Yup!  and people sayin' Jake's, Heath's and BBM's fans just voted and voted over again... Well Brad, Angelina and the others have fans who voted and voted over again  ::)

They just deserved it, period.  O0
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #151 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:16 PM »
I loved both of his speeches so damn hot, so humble too. The clips from the best performance made me tear up- those little bits. They deserved it for best kiss and Jakey deserved it for best performance. The thinking people got to vote this time- the people that matter- fans.

Yup!  and people sayin' Jake's, Heath's and BBM's fans just voted and voted over again... Well Brad, Angelina and the others have fans who voted and voted over again  ::)

They just deserved it, period.  O0

That's right! If other fans aren't devoted enough to honor "their movies" too bad for them { I was going to say something else then remembered where I was-lol}
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #152 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:16 PM »

Oh thats funny.....not been called a teenybopper in a long while, if ever actually....... ;D

I didnt think Jake looked grumpy, I thought he looked happy, really happy to be accepting the award, and so he should be.  It was voted by the people who went out and watched it, loved it, watched it again, and again.......we did Heath and Jake good.

Indeed -- far from a teenybopper.  And not only was it voted by us who watched it again and again and took it seriously, but who took the time to vote and be sure it got as much recognition as it could get.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #153 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:27 PM »
and now I'm wondering what you guys think ( not about the kissing justin thing, that would have been just plain stupid if you ask me ). were you offended by the way Jake kept his distance? did it bother you? or did you feel it was just a harmless 'mtv movie awards style' joke?

well to tell the truth i still don't know what to think about this.. ::)
i don't know what jake's intention was, when he did it, or if it was part of the show and thougt as a joke.
my problem here is that i don't get the joke, dind't find it funny at all; i also wondered why jake didn't laugh..

so.. if someone can explain it to me.. i would be happy ;)

Can't explain it...  Not funny, I agree, and I am kind of surprised Jake would go along with it.  People just like to make funny ha-ha when uncomfortable (Justin, not Jake).  I am glad Heath wasn't there -- they would have been pushed to make a scene, and spoil the beauty that was their BBM characters.

And the "kinky teenybopper" business -- boy are they out of touch with the teenybopper bit; and ignorant with the kinky bit.

kathy

They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #154 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I loved them both.I thought Jake was a bit nervous when he accepted best performance one.Haven't seen him like that since the Bafta's.He was taken aback wasn't he.I wasn't keen on the stuff beforehand from Eva and Justin.Not their fault,i know it's scripted,i think i just don't like it being made a mockery of.That's how it felt,even in jest. I don't think Jake was keen either?All in all though,it was lovely to see him and hear his lovely words.I thought he seemed quite tearful when he received the second one.Anyone else think that?

Jennis.x
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2006, 10:43 PM by Jennis »

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #155 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I totally agree with Koka and Jennis, it would have been wrong, cause it would instantly have been a laugh.

As for the keeping hte distance, that was just a typical mtv thing I think... the way I saw it Jake kinda nodded to Justin " you want a kiss?" justin nodded no and they agreed on a distant handshake... ;)

And I agre with tpe too... Chastize IHJ...they post papparazzi pics and critizise Jake?? What a fansite... COME HERE JAKE ...COME TO US  :^^)
Yes,this forum is quite wonderful the way it supports the actors,the story and each other when needed.I truly love it here,and i don't feel a need to frequent other forums.Quote from Moonlight Mile:"You find your home"
and i'm really happy to of found it here :)

Jennis.x

I feel that way, too, here at ennisjack.com.  No cheap shots, no nasty criticism.  Willing ears to hear whatever we have to say from our hearts (and the lower chakras, too), and just good, interesting people and funny people too!

Jake and Heath are safe with us.  <^(

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #156 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Jake's speech was adorable and I loved the way he said "it's a big deal", and clearly he meant it. I'd like to think that it's not only us. I'd like to think that many many other people were open and enlightened enough to vote for a same-sex kiss as the best kiss, to realize that this was indeed the best kiss, the most passionate and the most genuine, regardless of the gender of the people involved. Maybe there is hope for the MTV generation after all...

I can't wait to see the whole thing -- have gotten only snippets on video and in print so far.  But it does indeed sound just like our Jake -- this was clearly meaningful to him.  As to best kiss -- Brad and Angelina = ho-hum.  You can see that every day of the week.  Of course people would want something more...stimulating. 

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #157 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:41 PM »

He is not only handsome, he is intelligent and has a lot of class, I really liked his speech.  <^(

My sentiments exactly.  He and Heth both -- very classy men, besides hunks.  And humor also -- the perfect combination.

kathy

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #158 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Heath/Jake kiss is definitely the best of the 3 or 4 presented.  Watching the awards now as I type...   :)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #159 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Okay, so I just saw the Best Kiss thing -- it was very special seeing the reunion scene up there on the awards screen.  And Justin slapped Jake on the ass when he left the podium to Jake for acceptance speech -- I think that was weirder than the handshake thing.  It looked like Jake was taken aback by that, like WTF?

Now later.  Oh!  It was beautiful when he accepted Best Performance.  Talk about classy.  He said "we thank you" or "we appreciate this," something like that, just after he said he couldn't have done it without his co-star.  And again, it was cool seeing lots of scenes of him!  By the horse getting the lasso in leaving-early scene, confrontation scene ("all we got is Brokeback Mountain"), crying in the truck.  Beautiful!

Heath and Jake should have gotten "Sexiest Performance" too!  (Again, ho-hum, you can see women dancing like strippers any day of the week these days; not all that sexy.)  Let's see, what scene would they show from BBM to qualify for sexiest performance?  FNIT or SNIT?  I say just anytime they were on the screen was the sexiest performance.

kathy

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #160 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Okay, so I just saw the Best Kiss thing -- it was very special seeing the reunion scene up there on the awards screen.  And Justin slapped Jake on the ass when he left the podium to Jake for acceptance speech -- I think that was weirder than the handshake thing.  It looked like Jake was taken aback by that, like WTF?

Now later.  Oh!  It was beautiful when he accepted Best Performance.  Talk about classy.  He said "we thank you" or "we appreciate this," something like that, just after he said he couldn't have done it without his co-star.  And again, it was cool seeing lots of scenes of him!  By the horse getting the lasso in leaving-early scene, confrontation scene ("all we got is Brokeback Mountain"), crying in the truck.  Beautiful!

Heath and Jake should have gotten "Sexiest Performance" too!  (Again, ho-hum, you can see women dancing like strippers any day of the week these days; not all that sexy.)  Let's see, what scene would they show from BBM to qualify for sexiest performance?  FNIT or SNIT?  I say just anytime they were on the screen was the sexiest performance.

kathy
I thought that about the ar** slapping?He was taken aback.(again)...lol
J.x

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #161 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Can someone provide us (or direct me to) the complete and full text of Jake's two wonderful acceptance speeches?  PLEASE?
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline Silk

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #162 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:51 AM »
I think Jake did it perfectly.  He made a light joke about with his hand/arm keeping Timberlake at arms lenghth then he got serious about it and very gracious about his fellow actor Heath.  No one could have handled it better humor and grace and appreciation.  Gyllenhaal is like this in every interview.  Very unassuming and has a great sense of himself and humor about his fame as well. I have never viewed any actor with this kind of true honesty in his words.  No fake there guys and gals.  Jake is the real thing talented but not at all impressed with himself.  All other actors pale in comparison.  His mom and dad raised him well and I just adore him.

He is gorgeous beyond anyones dreams.  Even on his pouty days in pics he makes me smile.

I voted and I am so glad they won and Jake won for performance.  The public voted on this one.  We know who should have won the Oscar.  A double for Jake and Heath as best actor.  I say.

Gosh he is so darling.  I want one.  ( I could keep him in a little box and take him out when Rick was gone and play with him).   #)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #163 on: Jun 09, 2006, 01:06 AM »
I think Jake did it perfectly.  He made a light joke about with his hand/arm keeping Timberlake at arms lenghth then he got serious about it and very gracious about his fellow actor Heath.  No one could have handled it better humor and grace and appreciation.  Gyllenhaal is like this in every interview.  Very unassuming and has a great sense of himself and humor about his fame as well. I have never viewed any actor with this kind of true honesty in his words.  No fake there guys and gals.  Jake is the real thing talented but not at all impressed with himself.  All other actors pale in comparison.  His mom and dad raised him well and I just adore him.

He is gorgeous beyond anyones dreams.  Even on his pouty days in pics he makes me smile.

I voted and I am so glad they won and Jake won for performance.  The public voted on this one.  We know who should have won the Oscar.  A double for Jake and Heath as best actor.  I say.

Gosh he is so darling.  I want one.  ( I could keep him in a little box and take him out when Rick was gone and play with him).   #)

Well said, Silk.  And you're so cute and silly too -- "I want one."

Jake is truly unique isn't he?  And it's all so genuine.  He is blessed, that man, graced with looks and a lovely soul-self.  I agree, he handled everything beautifully.  These are, after all, quirky awards, but he managed to be precisely himself with the perfect balance of humor and class.

I want transcripts of exactly what he said, also.  I swear his voice broke a little one time when he said "we" (meaning Heath).

kathy

Offline Brokeback_Ca

• Lureen
« Reply #164 on: Jun 09, 2006, 06:16 AM »
THEY WON!!!!!! ;D

Jake and Heath won best film kiss.Hope i won't get anyone's back up by spilling the beans but i'm bursting at the seams.
LOL...No Heath :( But how beautiful is Jake :P :P :P

CONGRATULATIONS Jake and Heath  :-* :-*

Jennis.x
   Thanks Jennis.x and others for posting the results. Out here on the West Coast where we don't get much live except cable news, sports and the Academy Awards I was relieved they had won. I then watched Jake win in two subsequent re-broadcasts. He sounded and looked great. Thanks for the great photos, too.
The fact is: That Brokeback Mountain has helped to change the world.  We can change the world.  We really can.  We really are.  When the world is made better for one gay or lesbian person, it's better for everyone.    Ang Lee

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #165 on: Jun 09, 2006, 06:33 AM »
Mr. Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal, you are indeed a class act.

Not only did you accept the awards in style, but you also gave due credit to Heath in both your acceptance speeches.  Both of you fully deserve more than what those awards signify.

You make us proud.

Offline Bob

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #166 on: Jun 09, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Excuse me - don't know if anyone else has mentioned this - and maybe I'm just dreaming - but did I see Justin Timberlake pat Jake on the ass???????????

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #167 on: Jun 09, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Excuse me - don't know if anyone else has mentioned this - and maybe I'm just dreaming - but did I see Justin Timberlake pat Jake on the ass???????????

Yes he did.  Jake took it in stride.  :)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #168 on: Jun 09, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Maybe not the right thread, but I love the new banner!  The Best Kisses...and Jake for Best Performance -- perfect.  I'm glad Jake got Best Performance, since it was always Heath getting nominated in the other awards shows.  I wish they could have been nominated together; I can't myself separate them.  They are both THE BEST!

kathy

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #169 on: Jun 09, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Mr. Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal, you are indeed a class act.

Not only did you accept the awards in style, but you also gave due credit to Heath in both your acceptance speeches.  Both of you fully deserve more than what those awards signify.

You make us proud.

You give me goosebumps, tpe, saying that.  It is so damn true, that what they achieved goes way beyond all the awards.  And Jake does do us proud, because this truly is meaningful to him and he lets us know that, and that it's not just joke-fodder like it is to some people.

This is funny:  how Jake is so articulate and easy out in the world with people, just like Jack, and Heath is more uncomfortable with these kinds of appearances and I'm sure was glad he didn't really have to be there, like Ennis.

I am actually glad Heath was not there -- I wonder if Jake and Heath talked about it, like that it could have devolved into something tasteless.

kathy

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #170 on: Jun 09, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Maybe not the right thread, but I love the new banner!  The Best Kisses...and Jake for Best Performance -- perfect.  I'm glad Jake got Best Performance, since it was always Heath getting nominated in the other awards shows.  I wish they could have been nominated together; I can't myself separate them.  They are both THE BEST!

kathy

Heath has yet to win that what is his due.  As much as I love Mr. Gyllenhaal, I cannot wait to see Heath getting his just reward. 

That is why I am so proud of Jake: not once does he forget that it was a magnificent team effort in BBM.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #171 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:35 PM »
THEY WON!!!!!! ;D

Jake and Heath won best film kiss.Hope i won't get anyone's back up by spilling the beans but i'm bursting at the seams.
LOL...No Heath :( But how beautiful is Jake :P :P :P

CONGRATULATIONS Jake and Heath  :-* :-*

Jennis.x
   Thanks Jennis.x and others for posting the results. Out here on the West Coast where we don't get much live except cable news, sports and the Academy Awards I was relieved they had won. I then watched Jake win in two subsequent re-broadcasts. He sounded and looked great. Thanks for the great photos, too.
Hi Brokeback_Ca,
You're welcome ;).It is great news isn't it :)
Jennis.x

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #172 on: Jun 09, 2006, 01:37 PM »

kathy

Heath has yet to win that what is his due.  As much as I love Mr. Gyllenhaal, I cannot wait to see Heath getting his just reward. 

That is why I am so proud of Jake: not once does he forget that it was a magnificent team effort in BBM.

This is so true.  It makes me sad.  I hope he knows the real "critical acclaim" out here for him, hope he has enough people whose opinions he respects making it very clear to him that his was a superlative performance even without the awards.

kathy

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #173 on: Jun 09, 2006, 02:18 PM »

kathy

This is so true.  It makes me sad.  I hope he knows the real "critical acclaim" out here for him, hope he has enough people whose opinions he respects making it very clear to him that his was a superlative performance even without the awards.

kathy

They focused on Jake several times during the awards ceremony.  And Owen Wilson tipped his hat to Jake and Heath (referring to the kiss). 

Vince Vaughn was probably the only one who matched Jake is class -- tipping his hat beautifully to his co-star Owen Wilson for the win in Wedding crashers.  Three of the best moments in the ceremony, IMO: Jake's 2 speeches, and Vaughn's pre-recorded one.

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #174 on: Jun 09, 2006, 02:51 PM »
Going to see it tomorrow
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #175 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:29 PM »
I am so jealous - no cable, no MTV, just dreams of His Jakeness.

Offline welshwitch

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #176 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Oh, the Guardian got round to reporting the  award on Wednesday, though not in anything like enough detail and without the comments we would all have made. But it was good to see any mention of it - they don't pay too much attention to MTV.

Jake has such natural presence - you forget how young he is. He always gets the register right, but never says anything flip about the movie. He has intelligence,good looks, talent, principles, charm and above all grace. Maybe he should run for president?

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #177 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Maybe he should run for president?

Nah... we don't want him corrupted and stupid do we??
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #178 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Oh, the Guardian got round to reporting the  award on Wednesday, though not in anything like enough detail and without the comments we would all have made. But it was good to see any mention of it - they don't pay too much attention to MTV.

Jake has such natural presence - you forget how young he is. He always gets the register right, but never says anything flip about the movie. He has intelligence,good looks, talent, principles, charm and above all grace. Maybe he should run for president?

welshwitch The MTV Awards site should have most of the highlights available for viewing.  I do hope you can look at those.

I agree with you.  Above all, he has grace.  For someone that young to have it with such balance and poise, one can only surmise what he will be like when his powers reach full maturity in the coming years.

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #179 on: Jun 09, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Going to see it tomorrow

going to see it NEXT F****** THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.