Author Topic: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result  (Read 138888 times)

Offline cremetorte

• always Junior...
  • Jack + Ennis
  • this Kurt fella... he loves you?
Re: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result
« Reply #210 on: Jun 10, 2006, 03:15 PM »
I also liked that he added a little bit of his own levity to the situation, but in a much more tasteful way, 

yeah, it's definitely worth it.

he says, and looks down at the award. You can tell he's putting a bit of insinuation there, obviously the audience caught that as well. But then he pulls it back in with his,

In all seriousness...

From the beginning he has never had a problem with joking about kissing Heath or doing the love scenes, even insinuating that he enjoyed it, while at the same time pointing out how important the movie and the story are and making it clear that he does truly care about the message of the movie.

I think that shows great strength of character... and nothing is more impressive (or sexy IMHO) then someone who is comfortable enough with who they are that they can laugh at themselves.

wonderfully said, amtamburo.
his "playing" and then being serious again, shows that he really knows what he's talking about. unlike justin timberlake...
i really like that about jake. he can be funny and still draw the bow back to seriousness...
The trouble with life is there's no background music...

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #211 on: Jun 10, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Just saw it...he did manage to juggle joke and serious in a wonderful way...
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #212 on: Jun 10, 2006, 04:25 PM »
koka, thank you for the links. 

And I echo karen_b in thanking everyone who provided additional links and info. 

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #213 on: Jun 10, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Watched the awards tonight...nice to see BBM and our boys being recognised again!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #214 on: Jun 10, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Watched the awards tonight...nice to see BBM and our boys being recognised again!

It is nice, especially since our last awards viewing was far from perfect.

Don't you think it is interesting that commentators are saying that the awards for BBM are largely due to pubescent girls constantly text-messaging each other (E! Online quote).  And I remember them saying a few months back that BBM will NOT appeal to the younger people! 

Commentators can be quite idiotic...

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #215 on: Jun 10, 2006, 04:34 PM »

yes and how jake thanked on behalf of them both when he got best performance

Offline amtamburo

• Obsessive Brokeback Mountain Addict
  • Alma
  • Perfection is subjective, depends on the subject!
« Reply #216 on: Jun 10, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I like that as well... I think that is wonderful how both of these guys have not let all this fame and attention go to their heads! They realize and fully acknowledge that they couldn't have even come close to achieving what they have and making the impact that they have without each others equal performance.

You just have to love both of these guys!  <^(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amtamburo, the sexual innuendo queen, strikes again!! ;p

Offical member of DAAWW 'DSD's Against Asswipe Wankeropoulous' Worldwide

Meanwhile, the search for the Green Skittle continues!

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
  • just like this always...
« Reply #217 on: Jun 10, 2006, 06:13 PM »
I watched it tonight (well, up until Jake had got his second award, cause he's all I was interested in, tbh  ;)), and it was worth the wait, I can only agree with what everyone has already said, Jake struck a perfect balance between humour and seriousness, and it was lovely to see him give credit to Heath, but then you wouldn't expect anything else :) I also loved that he admitted he expected to win Best Kiss, nice to see a bit of honesty from someone in his position, makes a refreshing change from the usual fake modesty ;)

:t) to everyone for the links, I guess whoever wrote the ranch hand joke didn't like Jake dissing his/her work, and asked for his "really original" comment to be cut ??? I wonder if it was the same person who wrote the hilarious lesbian body painting routine? ::)

Anyway, it was lovely to see Jake, and he's looking good :d) , no other man in the world could have that much facial hair and still make me drool at the sight of him :d) :-[
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #218 on: Jun 10, 2006, 06:16 PM »
CrimsonSky
Anyway, it was lovely to see Jake, and he's looking good :d) , no other man in the world could have that much facial hair and still make me drool at the sight of him :d) :-[
I'm with you all the way.What a hunk ;)

J.x

Offline cremetorte

• always Junior...
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #219 on: Jun 10, 2006, 08:01 PM »
CrimsonSky

J.x

oh, i can only second these words... i'm not that much of a fan of facial hair, but on jake... yummy  :d) ;)

Offline amtamburo

• Obsessive Brokeback Mountain Addict
  • Alma
  • Perfection is subjective, depends on the subject!
« Reply #220 on: Jun 10, 2006, 08:07 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly... although I have to add that Heath looks pretty damn fine with facial hair too!  :d)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amtamburo, the sexual innuendo queen, strikes again!! ;p

Offical member of DAAWW 'DSD's Against Asswipe Wankeropoulous' Worldwide

Meanwhile, the search for the Green Skittle continues!

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #221 on: Jun 10, 2006, 08:07 PM »
CrimsonSky

J.x

oh, i can only second these words... i'm not that much of a fan of facial hair, but on jake... yummy  :d) ;)

Yes,he can get away with it ;)Sorry o/t.It's turning into beard thread again.LOL...It always happens ;D He's just so irresistible.
J.x

Offline CherryCake

• Jack
  • You want a piece of me? YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME??!!
« Reply #222 on: Jun 10, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Ok... I am thinking that Jake is transcending all boundaries here... he won Best Performance... so... a lot of teenage girls and guys voted for him... and us... and he won best kiss.
Although I have never really followed his career until BBM I am beginning to to think he is becoming a celebrity that is breaking new ground.  He can make out with guys in movie (BBM) and play a hardcore testosterone amped vet hottie, (Jarhead) and a leading love interest, (The Good Girl) , I am getting more amazed the more I read about this guy!
Wow
"Want some coffee, don't you? Piece a cherry cake?"

Hit me up on Yahoo: PieceOfCherryCake

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #223 on: Jun 11, 2006, 04:03 AM »
Ok... I am thinking that Jake is transcending all boundaries here... he won Best Performance... so... a lot of teenage girls and guys voted for him... and us... and he won best kiss.
Although I have never really followed his career until BBM I am beginning to to think he is becoming a celebrity that is breaking new ground.  He can make out with guys in movie (BBM) and play a hardcore testosterone amped vet hottie, (Jarhead) and a leading love interest, (The Good Girl) , I am getting more amazed the more I read about this guy!
Wow

So true....

aimi15

« Reply #224 on: Jun 11, 2006, 06:58 AM »
CrimsonSky

J.x

Yes,he can get away with it ;)Sorry o/t.It's turning into beard thread again.LOL...It always happens ;D He's just so irresistible.
J.x
LOL. The beardy lovers are infiltrating another thread. Everything about him at the awards was pure sex. The tanned toned arms, the wide eyes *sigh*. Bless our Jakey - he did us all proud. :)

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #225 on: Jun 11, 2006, 07:24 AM »
Just watched the acceptance for Best Kiss on youtube. Jake's speech was just perfect.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #226 on: Jun 11, 2006, 11:35 AM »
What was so funny was you could tell he was sort of making fun of the awards inside, like saying "if they didn't win best kiss it wouldn't have been worthwhile..." 
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline cremetorte

• always Junior...
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #227 on: Jun 11, 2006, 11:42 AM »
Wow

what more is there to say...

darn, everyone here is so good with words.. how come i can never put my feelings in words so well? ::)

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #228 on: Jun 11, 2006, 12:25 PM »
I put these up on Jake licks but as they are MTV i thought you might like the pleasure of the Gyllenhaal tongue as well ;)

J.x

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #229 on: Jun 11, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Wow

As you see in the farm equipment in one BBM scene:  VERSATILE!  :)

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #230 on: Jun 11, 2006, 03:36 PM »
I put these up on Jake licks but as they are MTV i thought you might like the pleasure of the Gyllenhaal tongue as well ;)

J.x

I'm loving the licks  :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D  <^(
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #231 on: Jun 11, 2006, 03:50 PM »

J.x

I'm loving the licks  :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D  <^(
Yeah,(Jennis' mind wanders off for a minute)LOL...Thanks Koka.He is delectable in every way.

J.x

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
« Reply #232 on: Jun 11, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Wow

Are you a mind-reader or something? ;) ;D Couldn't agree more :)
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline CrimsonSky

• Jack
« Reply #233 on: Jun 11, 2006, 04:04 PM »

J.x

Thanks Jennis :t) :^^) Who wouldn't like the pleasure of the Gyllenhaal tongue?! :d)  :-[

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #234 on: Jun 11, 2006, 04:12 PM »
CrimsonSky said...

Thanks Jennis :t) :^^) Who wouldn't like the pleasure of the Gyllenhaal tongue?! :d)  :-[
LOL.Nobody in their right mind would turn it down would they ;)

J.x

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #235 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:22 PM »

J.x

Help, I'm hyperventilating...... :d)  :d)  :d)  :d)  :d)

That tongue.....shouldnt be allowed to be shown in public like that.
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #236 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:29 PM »

J.x

LOL...,yeah much better in private ;)
J.x

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #237 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:34 PM »

J.x

LOL...,yeah much better in private ;)
J.x

Oh yes Jennis.  Much better to have that tongue to yourself behind closed doors........ ;)  ;)
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #238 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Christie said...
Oh yes Jennis.  Much better to have that tongue to yourself behind closed doors........   
Yes ;)
Did you notice that Jake was the only one to pick up the winner announcement envelope (Best Performance One)
Isn't that lovely :)Wonder if he keeps them all?

Jennis.x

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #239 on: Jun 11, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Another thing i was wondering about.Do they get a popcorn trophy each when it's a shared award?
J.x