Author Topic: BBM Happenings  (Read 38085 times)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: BBM Happenings
« Reply #60 on: Jul 14, 2008, 04:35 PM »
For the Sommerset House project, please post there:

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=13625.msg800565#msg800565
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #61 on: Jul 14, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Referring to the previous post.... I was just walking up the hall in my flat when I heard Heath as Ennis telling Jack at the end of their time on the mountain that he might see him sometime........ on an advert on my TV.

Huh? You tellin' me Focus has sold the rights to use these lines in advertising? This seems absolutely remarkable and somewhat disturbing. To paraphrase a famous line: "Tell ME It Ain't So Tom!". Do you remember what the advert was for? Was it a consumer product or some kind of public service type announcement?
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #62 on: Jul 14, 2008, 06:01 PM »
No , it wasn't for a product mate. It was advertising the showing of BBM as part of an outdoor screening of a number of movies in London this August.  Sorry for any confusion. I wasn't paying attention to the ad, I was just walking up the hall in my flat and heard Ennis's voice.   :\'(
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline jackster

• Ennis
  • dumbass missin'
« Reply #63 on: Jul 14, 2008, 07:18 PM »
No , it wasn't for a product mate.    :\'(

Whew!
Thanks Tom for the clarification, you had me goin' there for a minute.
 :t)
we get to drinkin' and talkin' an all

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #64 on: Jul 29, 2008, 12:42 PM »
An article on the LA viewing on August 4:

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=71222

Academy Can’t Quit “Brokeback Mountain”
WEBWIRE – Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beverly Hills, CA — The 2005 Best Picture nominee “Brokeback Mountain” will screen on Monday, August 4, at 7:30 p.m. at the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater as the next feature in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ “Great To Be Nominated” series. E. Annie Proulx’s acclaimed short story about the thwarted love between two young men became a heartbreaking romantic drama under the direction of Oscar® winner Ang Lee. Following the screening, producer and screenwriter Diana Ossana and production designer Judy Becker will participate in a discussion about the film.

“Brokeback Mountain” earned a total of eight Academy Award® nominations and won Oscars® for Directing (Lee), Music – Original Score (Gustavo Santaolalla) and Writing – Adapted Screenplay (Larry McMurtry, Ossana). The film also received nominations for Best Picture (Ossana and James Schamus, producers), Actor in a Leading Role (Heath Ledger), Actor in a Supporting Role (Jake Gyllenhaal), Actress in a Supporting Role (Michelle Williams) and Cinematography (Rodrigo Prieto).

The Oscar-nominated animated shorts “Badgered” and “9” will be screened prior to the feature.

Individual tickets for each of the remaining screenings in part five of “Great to be Nominated” are $5 for the general public and $3 for Academy members and students with valid ID. Tickets may be purchased online at www.oscars.org, by mail, in person at the Academy during regular business hours or, depending on availability, on the night of the screening when the doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Curtain time for all features is 7:30 p.m., and pre-show elements will begin at 7 p.m. The Academy is located at 8949 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. For more information, call (310) 247-3600.