Author Topic: Hollywood Hotties:Vote For Jake  (Read 82120 times)

Offline love_bbm

• Mary Twist Del Mar ❤
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Love is a Force of Nature 🌈
Re: Hollywood Hotties:Vote For Jake
« Reply #120 on: Aug 30, 2006, 09:41 AM »
A little JAKE (Heath/BBM/Jack/Ennis) a day keeps the doc away *______*

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal 2 actors 1 legend
« Reply #121 on: Aug 30, 2006, 10:34 AM »
http://movies.msn.com/movies/hottiespoll

Moved the link ahead....Jake is losing :( :X

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #122 on: Aug 30, 2006, 10:47 AM »
http://movies.msn.com/movies/hottiespoll

Moved the link ahead....Jake is losing :( :X

The only way to beat them is that at least 5 of us can log 500 to 1000 votes simultanesously.  I calculated that this is the rate in whcih Johnny's supporters were voting.  It is either they were organized or that they found a way to vote multiple times.  I think the latter is true.

Can we do this?  Can we agree to vote at least 500 times for Jake --SIMULTANEOUSLY?  Ther timing is important...  It cannot be less than 500, by my calculation.

Offline Elisabetta

• Ennis
  • ..sometimes I miss you so much I can stand it
« Reply #123 on: Aug 30, 2006, 11:37 AM »
........Voted. for My   wonderful    Jake.......... O0 O0 ^f^
Swear I didn't know we were gonna get into this again.
Hell,yes I did,redlined it all the way,couldn't get here fast enough.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #124 on: Aug 30, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Ok,I have asked everyone i know and asked them to ask everyone they know,so we shall just have to sit back and wait now.Hopefully the votes will change soon in Jake's favour ;)

J.x

Our leading men:

Wentworth Miller14%
Brandon Routh 6%
Jake Gyllenhaal 27% :(
James Blunt 1%
Brad Pitt 13%
Johnny Depp 31%
Isaiah Washington 2%
Jamie Foxx 3%
Adrian Grenier 2%

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #125 on: Aug 30, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Ehm...Jennis I guess I love you!!! :-*

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #126 on: Aug 30, 2006, 11:59 AM »
Ok,I have asked everyone i know and asked them to ask everyone they know,so we shall just have to sit back and wait now.Hopefully the votes will change soon in Jake's favour ;)

J.x

Our leading men:

Wentworth Miller14%
Brandon Routh 6%
Jake Gyllenhaal 27% :(
James Blunt 1%
Brad Pitt 13%
Johnny Depp 31%
Isaiah Washington 2%
Jamie Foxx 3%
Adrian Grenier 2%

They are voting at a rate of approximately 2000 votes an hour at the very least (I timed this).    I'm afraid it will be impossible to catch up with them unelss we can generate a larger rate.

Mark my words, Johnny will be 40% later day if they keep on at this pace.  By then, it will be approximately 800 to 900 votesd to increase Jake's score by 1%.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
proposal: Hollywood Hotties:Vote For Jake
« Reply #127 on: Aug 30, 2006, 12:21 PM »

I don't think it would be difficult for 3 or 4 of us to try to log 500 votes each for Jake all at the same time.  Can't we at least try to do this?  The longer we wait, the more difficult it will be to catch up, because the total number of votes is increasing rapidly -- this means that 1% will translate into an increasingly larger number of votes.

Who is up to doing this now?  It will take about 45 minutes continuous to do this...

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #128 on: Aug 30, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Ok,I have been all over the place and asking folks to vote has had a knock on affect as i can see by their posts and comments,but despite all that and the fact i and many others have submitted tons of votes today.

Jake is still losing ???

Well,i always keep the faith and look on the positive side.Keep voting peeps and we will get Jakey back to the top spot :)

J.x

greenfrog

« Reply #129 on: Aug 30, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Voted a bunch of times for Jake. He's on 24 %

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #130 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:25 AM »

This is now too difficult.  Jake is 23 % now and it will take 1000 votes (at least) to bring him up by 1 %.

I tried sending the following  feedback message for the page:

The Hollywood Hotties Poll is being manipulated by a hacker who has found a way to automate voting.  Check it out.  The MSN pages should be able to guard against this.

For some reason, I CANNOT SUBMIT this feedback.

Jennis, can you find out where we can send the above message? Our only realistic chance at this is to alert them and have them reset the poll.

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #131 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Yes, Thomas, you're absolutely right!!! O0

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #132 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Yes, Thomas, you're absolutely right!!! O0

I guess we should also tell them that the total vote count more than doubled in the space of 24 hours! 

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #133 on: Aug 31, 2006, 10:57 AM »

This is now too difficult.  Jake is 23 % now and it will take 1000 votes (at least) to bring him up by 1 %.

I tried sending the following  feedback message for the page:

The Hollywood Hotties Poll is being manipulated by a hacker who has found a way to automate voting.  Check it out.  The MSN pages should be able to guard against this.

For some reason, I CANNOT SUBMIT this feedback.

Jennis, can you find out where we can send the above message? Our only realistic chance at this is to alert them and have them reset the poll.

tpe,Jake is on 24% still.I haven't seen it move overnight?All the votes that are being submitted are definately
not being counted.It should have gone up by now so something is wrong.I tried the submit feedback form that
you mentioned and it did work for me.I didn't fill it in with the problem as they don't respond to them.

I did find a contact email.This is for MSN.UK .So you might need to find the same one with MSN U.S.
Or just use this one.

http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=msncom&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts

Jennis.x

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #134 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:19 AM »
tpe,Jake is on 24% still.I haven't seen it move overnight?All the votes that are being submitted are definately
not being counted.It should have gone up by now so something is wrong.I tried the submit feedback form that
you mentioned and it did work for me.I didn't fill it in with the problem as they don't respond to them.

I did find a contact email.This is for MSN.UK .So you might need to find the same one with MSN U.S.
Or just use this one.

http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=msncom&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts

Jennis.x

Hello Jennis.  He was briefly 23% this morning.   There are close to 100 000 total votes now, which means that 1% 0f 100 000  = 1000 votes.  This is why it doesn't seem to move, as we need approvimately 1000 votes to move Jake by 1%.

There were 50 000 votes added since yesterday -- almost all for Johnny, so as to raise him from 24 % to 37 %.  A rough estimate of the rate in which they were voting is given by 50 000 / 24 = 2083 votes per hour MINIMUM (as we are not sure if their voting program ran for 24 hours straight.)

If we want to beat them everytime they try this, we need AT LEAST 2000 votes per hour.  If we can't do it, we have to stand it.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #135 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Hello Jennis.  He was briefly 23% this morning.   There are close to 100 000 total votes now, which means that 1% 0f 100 000  = 1000 votes.  This is why it doesn't seem to move, as we need approvimately 1000 votes to move Jake by 1%.

There were 50 000 votes added since yesterday -- almost all for Johnny, so as to raise him from 24 % to 37 %.  A rough estimate of the rate in which they were voting is given by 50 000 / 24 = 2083 votes per hour MINIMUM (as we are not sure if their voting program ran for 24 hours straight.)

If we want to beat them everytime they try this, we need AT LEAST 2000 votes per hour.  If we can't do it, we have to stand it.

Yes,well we are doing all we can.Like you say..."If you can't fix,you gotta stand it"

It's a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation though :(

Jennis.x

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #136 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:54 PM »
MSN took all the precautions.  You can't even view the source on that web page where the poll is located.  And still they found a way to hack it...

Does anyone here know how to find out what the correct url request is to vote for Jake?  If we can figure this out, we can automate our voting the same way they do.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #137 on: Aug 31, 2006, 06:28 PM »
Back to 23% again.*Sigh*

Our leading men:

Wentworth Miller 14%
Brandon Routh 5%
Jake Gyllenhaal 23% :(
James Blunt 1%
Brad Pitt 13%
Johnny Depp 37%
Isaiah Washington 2%
Jamie Foxx 3%
Adrian Grenier 2%

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #138 on: Aug 31, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Back to 23% again.*Sigh*

Our leading men:

Wentworth Miller 14%
Brandon Routh 5%
James Blunt 1%
Brad Pitt 13%
Johnny Depp 37%
Isaiah Washington 2%
Jamie Foxx 3%
Adrian Grenier 2%

We can try to beat it if we can only vote simultanesously and continuously for an hour.  If we do this several times, we can raise his percentage up.  For 2000 votes an hour, we need 500 votes an hour for 4 people.  THe more people, the better...

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #139 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Back to 23% again.*Sigh*

Our leading men:

Wentworth Miller 14%
Brandon Routh 5%
James Blunt 1%
Brad Pitt 13%
Johnny Depp 37%
Isaiah Washington 2%
Jamie Foxx 3%
Adrian Grenier 2%

We can try to beat it if we can only vote simultanesously and continuously for an hour.  If we do this several times, we can raise his percentage up.  For 2000 votes an hour, we need 500 votes an hour for 4 people.  THe more people, the better...

I know quite a few peeps that have been doing that.It's not moved though.Maybe it's rigged.It's weird that JD suddenly had this dramtic leap in 24 hours.Don't you think?Did you use that form to email msn?
J.x

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #140 on: Sep 01, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Getting worse ::)

Jake Gyllenhaal
22%

JD
38%

greenfrog

« Reply #141 on: Sep 01, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Voted  :*(

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #142 on: Sep 01, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Back to 23% again.*Sigh*

Our leading men:

Wentworth Miller 14%
Brandon Routh 5%
James Blunt 1%
Brad Pitt 13%
Johnny Depp 37%
Isaiah Washington 2%
Jamie Foxx 3%
Adrian Grenier 2%

I know quite a few peeps that have been doing that.It's not moved though.Maybe it's rigged.It's weird that JD suddenly had this dramtic leap in 24 hours.Don't you think?Did you use that form to email msn?
J.x

I am sure I can log 1000 votes in 2 hours and bring his score up by 1%.  But I don't think there is any point me doing this if Johnny's supporters can turn on their voting machine and exceed the rate in which I am voting.  We have to ALL vote at the same time so that we exceed a rate of 2000 votes an hour.  If I vote 1000 votes from 8:00 am to 9:00 am and Mars votes 1000 votes from 9:00 am to 10:00 am, it won't help because THEY can vote 2000 votes from  8:00 am to 9:00 am AND another 2000 votes from  from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.  Your friends have to vote ALL at the same time (should be at least 2000 votes an hour) for any change to occur.

The proof can be seen in my posts the day Johnny's supporters started voting.  The total vote then was 50 000 votes and I was voting at a rate of close to 1000 votes in one hour.  During that hour, Jake STAYED AT 30 % while everyone else went down as Johnny's scorer went UP.  It was only AFTER I quit that Jake's score started to go down.  At that stage, I had a rate that balanced Jake's score, but not enough to bring it up.  This told me that Johnny's supporters had a rate OVER 1000 votes an hour.

The longer we wait, the harder it will be to change the scores.  Two days ago (total 50 000 votes), we just needed 500 votes to raise Jake's score by 1 %.  Yesterday (100 000 votes), we needed 1000 votes to increase Jake's score by .  It will only get worse as THEY keep on voting.

I will make a bargain.  If I can prove that I can increase Jake's score by 1 % (assuming they don't turn on their voting machine while I am voting), will some of you try to vote simultaneous with me?  This will take a LOT of effort if I do this alone, but I am willing to do this if some of you will vote with me simultaneously AFTER I show that I can increase his score.  Remember, as of yesterday, we needed a rate of AT LEAST 2000 votes an hour.  It will only get worse.

For the above reasons, I have stopped voting.  I can't make a permanent change to his score all by myself, UNLESS I alone can generate 2000 votes an hour (which I don't think is possible for 1 human being to do.)

I sent the message.  I don't think they will do anything, but who knows?  I suggest that all of you send similar messages for them to take the complaint seriously.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #143 on: Sep 01, 2006, 07:11 AM »
Just now, I also sent feedback under MSN Entertainment:Movies.

As proof, note that between August 30 and August 31 of 2006, the total number of votes cast DOUBLED OVERNIGHT from 50,000 to 100,000 votes!

Please consider resetting the poll.

« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2006, 07:32 AM by tpe »

Offline Mars

• Red Planet
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #144 on: Sep 01, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Bravo, Thomas...Very good message!!! O0

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #145 on: Sep 01, 2006, 01:43 PM »

Your friends have to vote ALL at the same time (should be at least 2000 votes an hour) for any change to occur.

Thomas,I can't synchronize with them as they are in different parts of the world and they are not like me up at all hours.They go to bed ;D

It's flogging a dead horse at the moment.Never mind.Can't win them all.Unless they reset it?I did email them too and complained.I doubt they will do much but at least we told them.

Jennis.x 

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #146 on: Sep 01, 2006, 02:38 PM »

Hello Mars and Jennis.

Yes, the best we can do is send messages to MSN and hope they do something about it.

Johnny's not bad.  ;)  But I'm sure he won't mind if I'd support Jake.  :)

greenfrog

« Reply #147 on: Sep 02, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Sent a few more votes in for Jake.

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...
« Reply #148 on: Sep 03, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Don't stop now... still voting, one and another time, no matter how low the score is O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Nunca me alejo, mas allį de una mirada...

aimi15

« Reply #149 on: Sep 03, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Yep, perseverance is needed! ;D I just voted!! 8)