Author Topic: Heath Ledger Nominated For Best International Actor For BBM at AFI 12/7/06  (Read 5980 times)

Offline theresa

• Jack
The Australian Film Institute has revealed the last of the nominations for the L’Oréal Paris 2006 AFI Awards. They are; the AFI International Award for Excellence in Filmmaking, the AFI International Award for Best Actor, and the AFI International Award for Best Actress.

AFI CEO James Hewison, said of these special Awards; “The AFI is proud of Australia's contribution to film and television globally, and these awards in particular serve to underline our talent internationally. Australian filmmakers, actors and actresses continue to have significant impact world-wide and shine a light on this country in one of the most visible ways at a global level; we are thrilled to recognise the outstanding achievements of these nominees in 2006.”

THE INTERNATIONAL NOMINEES ARE:

AFI International Award for Best Actor
o Heath Ledger - Brokeback Mountain
o Eric Bana – Munich
o Hugo Weaving - V for Vendetta
o Anthony LaPaglia - Winter Solstice

AFI International Award for Best Actress
o Toni Collette - In Her Shoes
o Naomi Watts - King Kong
o Radha Mitchell - Silent Hill
o Rachel Griffiths - Six Feet Under (Nine Network)

AFI International Award for Excellence in Filmmaking
o Donald McAlpine ACS (Cinematography) - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
o Roger Ford (Production Design) - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
o Dion Beebe ACS (Cinematography) - Memoirs of a Geisha
o Roger Donaldson (Producing/Direction/Screenplay) - The World's Fastest Indian

All winners will be announced at the L’Oréal Paris 2006 AFI Awards on 6 and 7 December 2006 at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, as we celebrate the 2006 achievements in Australian film and television.
Theresa

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Surely Heath has to win best actor from that list.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Heath is coming home as a special guest at the AFI Awards, Michelle will be here with him.

"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Go HEATH Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has to win that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
Heath is coming home as a special guest at the AFI Awards, Michelle will be here with him.

Asali, could you possibly go to the ceremony and take photos of Heath ?  :d)

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis

Asali, could you possibly go to the ceremony and take photos of Heath ?  :d)
If it was a week or even 3 days earlier I could do just that as I'll be down in Victoria where it's being held. The best I can do is hope that Heath and Michelle are wondering around a few days before and I bump into them. :s)

p.s. will carry my camera at all times ;)

Offline MaxHim

• Ennis
  • I'm nothin'.... I'm nowhere.....

Heath deserves it amply this award

I hope strongly he' ll win  ;)
"Old Brokeback got us good, didn' it ?"

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Heath received 2 awards -
 News Limited Readers Coice Award 
 International Award for Best Actor for BBM

Candy in which Heath appeared received an award for Best Adapted Screenplay

Offline theresa

• Jack
I'm just so excited.  Isn't this just wonderful.  I talked to Luke Davies on Sunday and he said life is still a burr right now after winning the best adapted screenplay.  Everyone in Australia is just thrilled.  It was an incredible honor and night for them
Theresa