Author Topic: Jack and the Foreman, relationship?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline jacktwist4lyf

• Cassie
Jack and the Foreman, relationship?
« on: Jun 27, 2016, 03:35 AM »
So I have recently re-watched this amazing film, and have picked up on something that never was directly answered. Does Jack pursue a relationship with the Foreman (the husband of the woman Jack volunteered to dance with) or was that just a one time thing? The foreman seemed that he may have also been leading a secret life (that is, him being a closeted gay man). It seems possible following the scene where Jack's father mentions that Jack had 'another man coming up in the spring' which was not Ennis. Sorry if this question is a bit 'basic' or if it has already been answered - this is my first post on this forum! Brokeback Mountain is my favourite movie of all time. Thanks in advance for any answers!

Offline brokebacksoul

• Jack + Ennis
  • All beauty is sad. (Ophelias Dream)
Re: Jack and the Foreman, relationship?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2016, 02:04 PM »
 Hi jacktwist4lyf,

you can find some comments on Jack / Randall here:

http://www.ennisjack.com/forum/index.php?topic=17380.0#lastPost

Maybe there are similar EJ threads on this topic but this is the one I've at hand right now.  ;)

I personally think it's in fact Randall who was supposed to come and help bringing the Twist's ranch in shape. Jack had given up on Ennis (NOT in the heart, of course) and I think he was even ready for more than a one time thing, possibly even sharing his life with another man (even if probably never wholehearted, deep inside) ...

BTW - welcome to the forum, jacktwist4lyf  ^f^  
  It's maybe not as busy around here as it was in the very beginning (thus, it might happen from time to time that it lasts a little while until a post is answered  ;) ) but it's definitely the best, cosiest and most familiar place to be, for a BBM lover ...  Good to see you around here.  :ghug:

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2016, 04:09 PM by brokebacksoul »
You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness. (Gotye)

Offline Kemmer

• Ennis
  • Ennis and Jack and The Mountain changed me forever
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2016, 01:43 PM »
It was always my assumption that Randall and Jack did "get together", as evidenced by Jack's father saying that Jack was going to bring another man up to Lightning Flat to help on the ranch--such as it was.  Seems Jack had pretty much given up on Ennis ever entering into a permanent relationship.
Just my opinion.
Tell ya what...truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2016, 01:08 AM »
well, a few good words from randall....

http://www.out.com/popnography/2016/8/31/exclusive-stranger-things-david-harbour-seducing-jake-gyllenhaal-fighting

still, after so many years, people talk about this film...
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline Thomusnut

• Thomusnut
  • Cassie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:34 AM »
What is the relationship? I really want to know. I hope there is a good story.