Author Topic: FAQs for Discussion Forum  (Read 17768 times)

Offline brokebackmountain

• Brokebackmountain is now "ethan"
  • Administrator
  • Jack
FAQs for Discussion Forum
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 05:46 PM »

Here are a list of questions that some of you may have. If you have any additional question, feel free to PM or email me at ethan@ennisjack.com

Q. What do you do with my registration information?

The forum does not collect any personal information including your email address and others. Everyone's privacy is and should be respected in this forum.

Q. How can I post?

To post your message, you can either click "reply" or "quote" if you are responding to a specific post. Please minimize the use of quote or edit it so it can save more space and scrolling.

To start a new topic in each board, click "New Topic." Please make sure that your topic is relevant to the description of the board. If not, the topic may be moved by the moderators. Please be as specific as possible for the topic title.

Q. What can I post?

Virtually anything you can relate to the movie. Please keep in mind that it is possible some people have not seen this movie. If you are posting materials containing possible spoilers, please make a note of it on the topic as a courtesy. If you have any new ideas, please let us know and we will be glad to create a new board.

Q. What are the posting options?

When you post, you will see a list of buttons on top of the message box. You can bold, italize, underline, change font siz, type, and color, and also simleys.  :D

Q. Can I volunteer as a moderator?

YES. If you would like to volunteer for moderating a particular board, please let me or other moderators know. This is a community where everyone is invited to get involved. 

Q. How can I set up or modify my profile?

Here is the link for the profile.

Q. How do I know if there are new posts after I log off last time?

If there are new posts, you will see the color of square icon changes from      to   

If the topic has new posts, you will the icon     next to it. Clicking the icon will take you to the last post.

Q. I posted something but now I can't find it anymore

Sometimes posts/topics are moved or merged because of similiarity with existing topics. If you can't find them, you can go to your profile and under your profile, click on "Show the last posts from this person" You will see all the posts and find the location of the particular post you are looking for.

-------
[/font][/size]
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009, 10:45 AM by ethan »
Born from their love..forever bound by ours.

• Administrator
  • Jack
Re: FAQs for Discussion Forum - Please Read
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2005, 12:24 AM »
-- save for future use --

• Administrator
  • Jack
Re: FAQs for Discussion Forum - Please Read
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Q. Can I attach files in the post?

You can attach the following file types: txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, mpg, png

Maximum attachment size allowed: 128 KB. In order to attach file, you must a registered member and have at least 10 posts. To attach files, cllick "Additional Options" under the text box and you can browse the files from the location of file and attach.

Guests do not have permission to view or post file attachments.
[/font][/size]

Offline jonno

• Cassie
Re: FAQs for Discussion Forum
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2006, 12:09 PM »
I can't believe it.  I am Member 1000.  Do I get an award?  A red ribbon?  Something???

Jonno

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I can't believe it.  I am Member 1000.  Do I get an award?  A red ribbon?  Something???

Jonno

You can get a postcard. HERE is how. Congratulations for making this possible, jonno and welcome.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:18 PM »
How much longer do I have to be ALMA ???   :-X

Is there a list of the ranks you've applied on this board? 

Much obliged. 

And as long as I'm stuck being Alma for a while,  let me just say, "JACK NAAAAASTY!"
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2006, 10:47 PM by backtobrokeback »
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:37 PM »
And as long as I'm stuck being Alma for a while,  let me just say, "JACK NAAAAASTY!"

HAHAHAHA!

BTW:
There are five levels of membership groups based on the post counts. The membership group is displayed on the left column under the member's username followed by number of stars. In order to attach file, you will need to have at least 10 posts.

0 - 9  Lureen 

10 - 24  Alma

25 - 49 Jack Jr.

50 - 99 Jack

100 - 249 Ennis Jr.

250 Ennis (you are really a Broke-aholic)
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:40 PM »
As an admin/mod at two other forums, may I say you might just end up with a board full of Ennis in a short time - this phenomenon is just getting started!

Maybe we could add some of the lower rungs : Joe Aguirre, John Twist, etc. for early posters

Mrs. Twist would be in the middle somewhere, the dear soul, with Cassie, and then Alma Jr. above her. 

And I THINK Jack should be right up there next to Ennis!   Why on earth is Jack Jr in between our two wonderful men?

just my two cents - no offense intended

btb

He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:44 PM »
As an admin/mod at two other forums, may I say you might just end up with a board full of Ennis in a short time - this phenomenon is just getting started!

Maybe we could add some of the lower rungs : Joe Aguirre, John Twist, etc. for early posters

Mrs. Twist would be in the middle somewhere, the dear soul, with Cassie, and then Alma Jr. above her. 

And I THINK Jack should be right up there next to Ennis!   Why on earth is Jack Jr in between our two wonderful men?

just my two cents - no offense intended

btb

no, that's an interesting point. I don't know how Ethan set it up or I would comment more directly.  I mean yes we could go into more characters and then make more posts to get to "Ennis" but let's face it, Ennis is the survivor in this movie so he should be the final stage... (or shoulld Jack, sort of spiritually be the last pinacle?...hmmm)
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Suggestion taken. I do think Ennis should be the last leve because he is the one who lasts and "suffer" the most. Thanks, backtobrokeback for the suggestion. I will open the discussion for the moderators.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Jack, then Ennis,  and for the truly mighty, Jack+Ennis+Brokeback :-D

Busy chatters on busy boards can get to 5,000, 10,000, even 20,000 posts in a year.  You've got a great board, so don't be afraid to think long-term.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Jack, then Ennis,  and for the truly mighty, Jack+Ennis+Brokeback :-D

Busy chatters on busy boards can get to 5,000, 10,000, even 20,000 posts in a year.  You've got a great board, so don't be afraid to think long-term.

Thanks for the encouragement. The party will go on until (I don't know)

Offline quentin751

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:04 PM »
please help me i dont know how to put a picture of me as an avatar.. i go in profile then dowload my pciture then clikc on" change profile "and nothing happens... :-[

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:07 PM »
please help me i dont know how to put a picture of me as an avatar.. i go in profile then dowload my pciture then clikc on" change profile "and nothing happens... :-[

It's probably too big, I forget...Ethan, what size do they have to be?
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:11 PM »
HERE is the topic for the avatars.

If you want to upload your own, it needs to be 75 x 75  :)

Hope this helps. Let us know if you still have problems

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:46 AM »

HAHAHAHA!

BTW:
There are five levels of membership groups based on the post counts. The membership group is displayed on the left column under the member's username followed by number of stars. In order to attach file, you will need to have at least 10 posts.

0 - 9  Lureen 

10 - 24  Alma

25 - 49 Jack Jr.

50 - 99 Jack

100 - 249 Ennis Jr.

250 Ennis (you are really a Broke-aholic)
Dear administrator Why if I have 29 post so far Am I still Alma Jr, ain't I supossed to be Jack Jr?
Ain't no reins on this one, Brokeback Mountain got be good    ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2006, 09:32 PM by frenchcda »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Dear administrator Why if I have 29 post so far Am I still Alma Jr, ain't I supossed to be Jack Jr?
Ain't no reins on this one, Brokeback Mountain got be good    ;D ;D

Starting on Feb 3, there was a change of membership level. Sorry.

"The membership levels have been changed. Starting February 3, new membership levels will be based on the following

Number of post

0 - 19  Cassie

20 - 99  Alma Jr.

100 - 199 Lureen

200 - 499 Alma

500 - 999 Jack

1000 Ennis (you are really a Broke-aholic)

Here is the link to the topic http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=146.0

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:24 AM »
Hello, Ethan.
I can't seem to post an image. I've inserted in the text, and nothing. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks for the help.
Stephan

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Hello, Ethan.
I can't seem to post an image. I've inserted in the text, and nothing. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks for the help.
Stephan

Hello stephan, is it a link to the image (http://xxxxxxxxx.jpg or http://xxxxxxxx.gif). The link needs to be a location for the image. Hope it helps. If it still doesn't work, PM me the link and I will take a look. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2006, 06:02 PM by ethan »

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:23 PM »

Hello stephan, is it a link to the image (http://xxxxxxxxx.jpg or http://xxxxxxxx.gif). The link needs to be a location for the image. Hope it helps. If it still doesn't work, PM me the link and I will take a look. Thanks.

Thank you, Ethan. The link is xxx.jpg, on pixum.com I'll try again. Stephan

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:51 PM »

Hello again, I see the problem: pixum.com doesn't give me a xxx.jpg link. I'll have to think about this.  :)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
I posted something but can't find it anymore
« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Q. I posted something but now I can't find it anymore

Sometimes posts/topics are moved or merged because of similiarity with existing topics. If you can't find them, you can go to your profile and under your profile, click on "Show the last posts from this person" You will see all the posts and find the location of the particular post you are looking for.

Offline Jack Nasty

• Self-confessed Brokebackaholic
  • Alma Jr.
  • I'm a Gyllenhaalic, but who isn't?
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I've got a question. I've got some fanfiction I want to post, but is it "bad" that my fanfiction has some bad language? Is that forbidden, or can I just slap a warning on it and go ahead? Thought I'd ask before I got myself in trouble. ;D
And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
    --“Possession,” Evans Blue

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Jack Nasty, I think it is ok to post. Since we haven't read it, we don't know how "bad" it is.  ;)

As long as no one complains, it will be fine. A warning is a great idea.

Thanks for asking.

Offline Jack Nasty

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Thanks, Ethan! I'll put in a friendly warning and cross my fingers that it's ok.
And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Thanks, Ethan! I'll put in a friendly warning and cross my fingers that it's ok.

You are welcome. Look forward to reading it. 

Offline Jack Nasty

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:56 AM »
That is just nifty! I just posted my little story, and it starred-out everything "bad." F*** all the way through. Computers are so cool!  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006, 12:00 PM by Jack Nasty »
And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard

Offline mlrinoc

• Alma
  • Herder of the masses
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2006, 12:46 AM »
A question along the same lines:

Is there a limit for # of chars. per post?  The fanfic I have almost completed is going to be
at or about 7000 chars.  Would it have to be split into multiple postings?

Thanks!   :)

"Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #28 on: Apr 15, 2006, 01:32 AM »
A question along the same lines:

Is there a limit for # of chars. per post?  The fanfic I have almost completed is going to be
at or about 7000 chars.  Would it have to be split into multiple postings?

Thanks!   :)

I think there is a limit but I am not sure how many characters. If you can't post at all after you click "Post" - it means it is too many. Let me contact tech support to get the exact number. Thanks for asking.

If you can't post because it is too long, yes you will need to split into multiple postings. Sorry for the inconvience.

Offline Jack Nasty

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #29 on: Apr 15, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Well, one of the fanfics I posted was 20,000-some characters long and it came through perfectly, so yours should be fine.  ;D
And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard