Author Topic: Forum Feedback + Problem - Please Report Them Here.  (Read 124990 times)

Offline thszntatst

• Cassie
Member Map
« Reply #150 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:04 PM »
Having just joined my first selection was the Member Map to get a visual on the dispersion of the site's membership. I placed my pin on the map and was surprised to find it didn't stay in that location. Rather, it seems the whole display of pins is dislocated toward the top of the Member Map page where the aggregation of colored dots appear superimposed over the text. I just thought it would be worthwhile to bring this to the attention of the moderator. 

Thanks

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Forum Feedback + Problem - Please Report Them Here.
« Reply #151 on: Dec 01, 2008, 07:47 PM »
thszntatst, welcome to the forum and thanks for letting us know.

Were you able to fix it?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Asali

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #152 on: Dec 05, 2008, 05:19 AM »
That always happened to me on my old computer, now only one or two are out of place.
"People's minds are like parachutes. To function properly they must first be open." - W.G.P.

It use to feel like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. (Latter Days)

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #153 on: Jan 13, 2009, 11:12 PM »
Seems no one else has posted regarding a problem, so I hope it's not just my computer.  But last night was really difficult -- I could get onto the forum only hit-and-miss, and could mostly read, but not post.  It was okay on and off, but kept happening, and I just gave up (and watched October Sky which was on TV).  I'm on Firefox now -- I used to have this problem and thought IE had a lot to do with it.  Plus my old computer.  My "new" one (not really new, one I got from work) hasn't had this problem.  I could get on other internet sites without the problem, so I wondered if something was up with ennisjack.  It was frustrating -- like "I WANT MY ENNISJACK!!"   ^^)

KATHY
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #154 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Kathy - sorry to hear about the problem.

Could you please try to clear cookies and see if the problem persists?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #155 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Kathy - sorry to hear about the problem.

Could you please try to clear cookies and see if the problem persists?

Good idea.  Will do.  I'll try that immediately, the next time that happens.  Thanks!

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

koolkat

« Reply #156 on: Jan 17, 2009, 04:08 PM »
I have a slight problem with notifications about new posts coming to email, they come hours after the post has been posted. I don't think it's a problem with my email because notifications from other forums come on time. Is there a way to fix it?

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #157 on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Is this always been the case?
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009, 10:43 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #158 on: Jan 18, 2009, 12:08 AM »
I have a slight problem with notifications about new posts coming to email, they come hours after the post has been posted. I don't think it's a problem with my email because notifications from other forums come on time. Is there a way to fix it?

koolcat, thank you for posting the problem. I am sorry to inform you that our forum hosting server has a limit of 500 emails per hour (to prevent potential email spam). This could cause some email delivery including PM or new post notification once the limit is reached.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I can persuade our hosting server to increase the limit. 

koolkat

« Reply #159 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:20 AM »
thanks for the reply, Ethan.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #160 on: Mar 14, 2009, 05:46 AM »
I blame Friday the 13th for the forum "hiccup"  that cause our forum loosing March 2 and 12 data.....   ;)   >:(
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

vedrana

« Reply #161 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:00 AM »
I'm not sure if I should ask this question, but each time I turn on the computer, I have to log in now! Is it the same with others or it's only me?  :s)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #162 on: Mar 15, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I'm not sure I understand loreen, maybe you made the login page of the forum your home page when you launch your browser?

I suggest you go to the control/panel/internet options/ and verify what is the home page, if you want it to be the forum just make sure it is www.ennisjack.com
 Jean-Louis Barrault

vedrana

« Reply #163 on: Mar 15, 2009, 01:40 PM »
I'm not sure I understand loreen, maybe you made the login page of the forum your home page when you launch your browser?

I suggest you go to the control/panel/internet options/ and verify what is the home page, if you want it to be the forum just make sure it is www.ennisjack.com

I don't think is the login page, but I'll pay attention next time to exclude that.

Thanks! :)

vedrana

« Reply #164 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:30 AM »
I can't enter my website (on live journal) through the link in my profile. I asked MPJ to check, but she also couldn't.

When I type my address, the LJ opens without problem, and the link from e.g. my email is OK, but from this forum, the link doesn't work. Can someone help me please?

Thanks!  :)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #165 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I can't enter my website (on live journal) through the link in my profile. I asked MPJ to check, but she also couldn't.

When I type my address, the LJ opens without problem, and the link from e.g. my email is OK, but from this forum, the link doesn't work. Can someone help me please?

Thanks!  :)

When you enter your website in your profile, you will need to enter both fields - the title and URL. The URL was not entered but I have fixed it for you. The link should be working fine.  :cr)

vedrana

« Reply #166 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:50 AM »
When you enter your website in your profile, you will need to enter both fields - the title and URL. The URL was not entered but I have fixed it for you. The link should be working fine.  :cr)

OMG, that was quick! %&)

Thank you so much Ethan!  ^f^

babytammy7

« Reply #167 on: Apr 30, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Dear Ethan and moderators.  ^f^

I've been having problems with the forum for three days now. It takes me ages to open a page, no matter the thread I am. The worst part is when I try to post...God it won't open in several minutes.  :-\\ :-\\ And you don't want to know how much time I need to open a page with pics.... :-\\ :-\\

I don't understand. My laptop is a new one, the internet connexion is ok and I surf the net without any problem. I can open very fast the pages of other forums, like Heath's forum, and I have not problems at Live Journal either. It's only with Ennisjack and it stress the hell out of me, because I spend lot of time here and I want to quote pics and stuff and I can't do it, because it doesn't work for me. It seems that no one has problems but me, so I wonder what I am doing wrong.... :-\\ :-\\

Would you be so nice to help me, please?  ^f^

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #168 on: Apr 30, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Tammy, sorry to hear that you are having the problem.

Is it the same with the threads which have no pix at all. Is it the same when using a different computer?

My suspicion is that some photos are big and they slow down the loading.

babytammy7

« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply, Ethan.  ^f^

It happened to me with every thread and page.  :-\\ :-\\ Now it's getting better, but still I have to wait a bit for every page to open. Really weird. I don't know....

Anyway, I hope that it'll keep getting better.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Can I ask what is the browser you are using?
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09 AM »
question.... is it maybe just me or since we have the mother's day banner (which is very sweet btw...) the page is too large.. i don't know how to explain it better, but it doesn't fit on the screen... (^)
i hope you know what i mean...  ~)
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2009, 07:36 AM »
Tammy, please keep us updated.

Tizi - yes, the banner is longer than the usual ones. (it has 1190 pixels as opposed to 900). It could cause some scrolling horizontally. Perhaps I should resize it to 900 pixels in width.

Edit: the banner has been resized to the usual size.

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2009, 03:05 AM »
thank you ethan..  ^f^
it still is sweet...  ;)

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #174 on: Dec 17, 2009, 03:25 AM »
Question about PM's
Why it's not possible anymore to send PM's from the profile window?
As I remember it was doable in the previous forum.  ^*()
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

Offline tizi17

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #175 on: Dec 17, 2009, 03:35 AM »
you can, but true, it's a bit hidden..
you have to scroll down to the bottowm of the profile page, there you see an icon PM (online or offline) and you just click on that  ^f^

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #176 on: Dec 17, 2009, 03:54 AM »
Thnx honey  :^^)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #177 on: Dec 17, 2009, 09:32 AM »
You can do so in the thread view. Just click either icon to send PM.

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #178 on: Dec 17, 2009, 02:58 PM »
I know that Ethan, thnx anyway. :^^)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #179 on: Aug 30, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Whew..the forum crashed and is at least now back live. Not sure what the problems were.

We were able to reinstall and upgrade the software to the latest version and restore all the data. 

There are some features not yet reinstalled - some of which you probably won't even recognize. We will see if there are needs for these features. If not, they won't be reinstalled.

One major component which I didn't finish is the profile layout. The forum may just keep it as it is now and not modifying.

One major change is the forum's URL - it is changed from http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php to http://www.ennisjack.com/forum/index.php

As you browse through, do report if there is any problem. Thank you for your help and patience during the process.