Author Topic: SAG Awards thread (Sunday - January 29)  (Read 120569 times)

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
Re: LIVE THREAD - SAG awards Sunday - January 29, 7 pm Eastern
« Reply #330 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:25 PM »
OK, even animals know a travesty when they see one - just as the Ensemble Acting award was announced, one of my cats peed on the couch - I swear, the absolute truth!

Is it just me or was the introduction to BBM very jarringly disrespectful and weird?

This is a riot post!!  I'm still laughing...thanks for the levity although I'm sorry you have a mess to clean up....I have a quick solution for the cat, but then I'd have thousands of animals lovers on my tail....

stationbbm

JerBear418720

« Reply #331 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:28 PM »
OK, even animals know a travesty when they see one - just as the Ensemble Acting award was announced, one of my cats peed on the couch - I swear, the absolute truth!

Is it just me or was the introduction to BBM very jarringly disrespectful and weird?

Yes, JerBear, without a doubt, in my opinion disrespectful.  I was offended.

Well, I hope that somebody pulls them aside and tells them to behave with a little more dignity at the Academy Awards - good grief. (JB)

Offline BruceinNewYork

• Cassie
« Reply #332 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Bruce...

What you say makes sense but it still doesn't play well to a lot of people.  I'm sure it hurt his oscar potential.

You know I hadn't really thought of it that way. And that old crotchity Academy dudes will think about the "young whippersnapper Ledger and how he was disrespectful at the SAG's".  Unfortunately, that plays as much a role as does an actors performance. Witness PSH's winning GG and SAG. He was good, really good, but Ledger was able to communcate something with a wholly imagined character. PSH is essentially being lauded for his transformation from a hulking wrestler-type to a small, mincing fag which he did an unbelievably good job at. It is just that Heath embodies what Ennis Del Mar was written as and then took it to an other level. That to my very prejudiced mind deserves every award regardless of the actors behavior on some 4th rate awards show.

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #333 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:28 PM »
11 Oscar nominations..these guys are just children really...they do not know how to handle this attention! They'll learn.
And yes, many Hollywood actors get married, divorced, impregnated, rehabbed and reborn when their films come out or during award season...
but did you see how Heath and Michelle held hands during Oprah?
I do not think its a fake relationship.  Michelle seems to be the antithesis of say....Paris Hilton....
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #334 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Many of us have affected by the BBM and we should be proud of their accomplishment.

Well this is basically what Anne Hathaway said the other day at Oprah's - she didn't speak much but I loved every thing she said. Love at first sight for me.

Don't put more burden on them. We love BBM for their performances in the movie.

Well, you're right and mature in this and I'll follow your steps - but I also think that there's some burden to carry to get an Oscar - otherwise you can just kiss Ang's ass for being in such a great movie.

I personally doubt we'll get awards for any of the guys - but Michelle and Anne would deserve some.
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

Offline proulxfan

• Alma
  • " You know I ain't queer!"
« Reply #335 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I think maybe Heath was just nervous. We all know that Heath can't keep himself still.

I'm with you Ethan.  Too, I think it was Heath's not so subtle way of letting everyone know that he's fed up with all the mundane questions about the tent scene, number of times to film the kissing scenes, etc.  I think Heath would prefer for more thought provoking questions to be asked about the film instead of the shallow ones.  i.e., everyone needs to view the Charlie Rose interview...lots of depth there.

stationbbm
If that is indeed the case I can empathize. I love the film and try to catch all the shows and interviews connected with it-kudos to this site for keeping me updated-but I am sick to death of all the questions about the ewww factor in place of questions I would want to ask. I hope Fresh Air on NPR will have either Lee or some of the cast on in the near future.
Saw the Charley Rose interview-thanks again to the link on this site, and it is by far the best of the bunch up to now.
Jack: " Nice to know you, Ennis Del Mar."

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #336 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Bruce...

What you say makes sense but it still doesn't play well to a lot of people.  I'm sure it hurt his oscar potential.

You know I hadn't really thought of it that way. And that old crotchity Academy dudes will think about the "young whippersnapper Ledger and how he was disrespectful at the SAG's".  Unfortunately, that plays as much a role as does an actors performance. Witness PSH's winning GG and SAG. He was good, really good, but Ledger was able to communcate something with a wholly imagined character. PSH is essentially being lauded for his transformation from a hulking wrestler-type to a small, mincing fag which he did an unbelievably good job at. It is just that Heath embodies what Ennis Del Mar was written as and then took it to an other level. That to my very prejudiced mind deserves every award regardless of the actors behavior on some 4th rate awards show.

Preach it, Brother Bruce!!  I am definitely in your camp...on all counts.  PSH did nothing but copy mannerisms...no depth...Ledger was the inventor.  Hands down.  Don't get me started.

stationbbm

Offline Jack_ME

• My philosophy
  • Lureen
  • Jack in Maine
« Reply #337 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Jake...I'm with you.   I've seen all the interviews.  I don't like how they act like it was such a HUGE ordeal to play the gay scenes.  Heath, more than Jake.  When he is asked the questions, he has the perfect opportunity to elevate the conversation to a higher level.

WHICH HE DID on the Oprah show when she broached the subject and he said he found it odd that some people go out of their way to condemn how two people love and express their love. Got applause and agreement from Oprah.

Tonight he was nervous and it got out of hand. He did have all evening to anticipate and he probably got more nervous...and disappointed by his loss and Michelle's loss....so he lost perspective on the whole thing.

I'm disappointed, but I'm not ready to condemn Heath.

Jack in Maine
MY PHILOSOPHY DISCLAIMER: All my comments concern the MOVIE and the content and inferences obtained there. All interpretations, projections, speculations, and opinions about plot and characters are based SOLELY on the content of the movie. They can not be argued or debated by quoting the printed short story. A comparison of the two media is an interesting discussion but must be a separate discussion.

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #338 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:34 PM »
I really appreciated Heath's comments on Oprah.  Especially the one you mentioned about "the way that people love each other".  I wish he would have carried that maturity with him tonight.

But the moderator has spoken. No more Heath bashing. Nite all.

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #339 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:37 PM »
very disappointing night!  *sigh*  :-[
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #340 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Well maybe messing up tonight will help prepare them for the Oscars (and what not to do). Better to screw up at an awards show very few people watch than in front of a billion people via the oscars. I'm gonna give Heath the benefit of the doubt, he's nervous and has social anxiety. Its a wierd situation they are in. Just hope they LEARN from their mistakes and act a little more dignifies and mature in the future.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #341 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Please take what we have learned from the movie. The movie has affected us to the point of *hightened* expectation. Yes to us BBM has impacted us like no others. To these actors, they were set out to deliver their performances and got their jobs done.

Whatever Jake and Heath or others all have to face the consequences for their actions - just like Ennis. I sincerely hope that for something like tonight should and will not affect how you feel about this movie.

Heath and Ennis are not the same person. This is something we need to be clear. 
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline francis.shim

• aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
« Reply #342 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:46 PM »
Please take what we have learned from the movie. The movie has affected us to the point of *hightened* expectation. Yes to us BBM has impacted us like no others. To these actors, they were set out to deliver their performances and got their jobs done.

Whatever Jake and Heath or others all have to face the consequences for their actions - just like Ennis. I sincerely hope that for something like tonight should and will not affect how you feel about this movie.

Heath and Ennis are not the same person. This is something we need to be clear. 

Touche!

Well put... thank you for tethering us to reality.

Peace,
Frank

Offline BruceinNewYork

• Cassie
« Reply #343 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:51 PM »
Ethan, Thanks for that post.

This would be an interesting topic to explore: what is the impact going to be for these young actors after this film? If Heath Ledger the person is being taken to task for two minutes of behavior on an awards show what happens when he and Jake inevitably get on with their acting careers.  Are they ever going to as good as they were in BBM? Are all there performances going to be judged by this standard? Will we, the movies supporters, be supporters of them as actors?  All interesting questions - maybe. Maybe not.

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #344 on: Jan 29, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Yeah, sorry for the mess
Nite all.
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #345 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:00 PM »

This would be an interesting topic to explore: what is the impact going to be for these young actors after this film? If Heath Ledger the person is being taken to task for two minutes of behavior on an awards show what happens when he and Jake inevitably get on with their acting careers.  Are they ever going to as good as they were in BBM? Are all there performances going to be judged by this standard? Will we, the movies supporters, be supporters of them as actors?  All interesting questions - maybe. Maybe not.

You are welcome, Bruce. There is no doubt that because of BBM, many will become Heath or Jake's fans because of their performance. No one knows and only time will tell. These young actors take a role which they may not even realize its impact on many of us here. I simply feel that it is a bit harsh on them for their introduction of BBM.

It may be the telepromter's problem and I also think the lines they were given to read were really awkward. I just hope we could put an objective light on this as we all did for BBM. They deserve to win because of their performances we like - not because of their personality or PR.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Allan

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #346 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:00 PM »
I'm sorry that this was a real shut-out.  Most of all I had hoped for the emsemble award.

The thing that astonishes me about Heath's performance, is his age.  There is no reason to think that a "kid" only 27 years old, should have had enough life experience to be able to connect with the subtle complexities of Ennis... but he does... with simplicity... with understatement... with passion.  I know that we're going to see may more fine performances from Heath, but I can't imagine another vehicle that will give him the challenges and opportunities for success that Brokeback has.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #347 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:02 PM »
I doubt Heath's reputation is ruined, but he might want rethink things (I haven't seen the video so will withhold opinion until then,...)
I mean just a simple smile and nod and thank you is the best in these cases.
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #348 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:15 PM »
I just watched the tape again and got me thinking if they had any rehearsal?

The intro for BBM sounded like it was written by some third rate romance novelist on some bad drugs.  Still, if I'd been Heath, I think I would have tried to maintain my composure a little bit better. Heath did look embarass that he had to read it.  And yes, he should've tried to maintain his composure. I could understand why some of you are disappointed on their behaviors.

You know, honestly, I think Heath was really being awkward, shy, uncomfortable, etc.  It may not be the first time they've spoken in public, but it may be the first time a really bright spotlight shown so closely on them.  That awkward hand gesture HAD to be one of Heath's many weird quirks (why would ANYBODY do that deliberately?)  I think it made Jake crack up, and they ended up having a ridiculous fit of the giggles.  I wouldn't take it more seriously than that.

I will agree by the time the Oscars get here, they had BETTER grow up, but lets hope the producer of the show is smart enough NOT to select Heath as a presenter. If I saw someone so uncomfortable being on stage before a live audience (and millions of TV viewers) I'd spare him the embarassment and let him sit (un)comfortably in his seat for the duration of the show.

They should be proud of what they have done and not shy away from what this movie is about. Age does bring experiences and they will learn like we all do.

Just my two cents. To me, they and we are all winners and I hope to see many of you at the Oscar.

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2006, 12:58 AM by ethan »

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #349 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:26 PM »
it's ok to laugh or be humorous when u present ur movie.. but what i got from u guys is like they were laughing at what they were reading.. was it too long and a bit over the top? is there any way u could sum up what they had to say about presenting BBM?
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #350 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Wow. SAG just started in my area, and I'm shocked by such disappointing results. Calise de crisse de tabarnacle! Thanks for the heads-up - at least I won't have a coronary from surprise. I'll be watching Heath and Jake carefully. It was my understanding that the SAG awards were a pretty accurate indicator of the Academy Awards. If that's the case, things don't look good for our boys. Sad.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #351 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:30 PM »
yeah like i remember who even won last year for best actor...(who did?)

Ok, let's sleep friends.  I love Heath..yee haw 

Best movie  is....  good night...(we know...)
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #352 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Yes I am going to sleep too. Thanks for being with us tonight. It is disappointing but just wait for Tuesday Oscar nominations. I got 10 statuettes on the banner and I hope I will be adding more.

Good night everyone. It has been a great day here in the forum.

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #353 on: Jan 29, 2006, 11:38 PM »
Their BBM intro was rather cheesy---most of them were simply awful! Who writes that crap?  Also, were other films introduced by a couple?..I think that was a SAG stunt to get the boys together on camera....Tues...8:30am....
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #354 on: Jan 30, 2006, 12:08 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060130/en_nm/leisure_actors_dc;_ylt=AtZkagPVCVyub0M3mXAEuq9xFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - ABC's hit series "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" won top acting honors for television at the
Screen Actors Guild awards on Sunday as gay cowboy romance "Brokeback Mountain" hoped to lasso yet another major film award on the trail to the March 5 Oscars.

The "Lost" cast won the best ensemble performance award for a dramatic television series while "Desperate Housewives" received the ensemble award for best comedy series.

Paul Giamatti won the best supporting actor award for his role as manager Joe Gould in the boxing film "Cinderella Man," about the life of Depression-era boxer James J. Braddock.

British actress Rachel Weisz won best supporting actress for her role as the doomed activist wife of a British diplomat in "The Constant Gardener," a film based on a thriller by spy novelist John Le Carre.

It was the first nomination and win for "Lost," a castaway thriller that has helped reinvigorate ABC's prime-time schedule.

Felicity Huffman was named best actress in a comedy series for her work as one of the "Desperate Housewives." She is also a contender for best actress for her work in the film "Transamerica," in which she plays a man on the verge of completing a sex change operation.

Sandra Oh was named best actress in a television drama for her work as a fledgling doctor in "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC while
Kiefer Sutherland was named best actor in a dramatic series for his work as a U.S. agent out to foil terrorist plots in "24" on Fox.

Breathless and in tears, Oh, who also won a Golden Globe for her role, thanked her fellow Asian American actors. She said, "I share this with you ... be encouraged and keep shining."

Backstage, Oh said it was important that three actors of Korean descent had been honored by SAG. The other two were ensemble members of "Lost," Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin Kim. She added: "That's quite an advance and I am proud to be part of it."

Sean Hayes, named best actor for his role in the gay-themed NBC comedy "Will & Grace," joked about the anticipation building around Ang Lee's "Brokeback Mountain" as he accepted his award.

"First of all, I would like to thank Ang Lee for taking a chance on me," he said. "I know everyone in Hollywood knows it's such a risk to play a gay character."

"Brokeback" has won major craft guild awards from Hollywood producers and directors and a victory at SAG for best ensemble cast -- the top award given by actors -- could make it virtually unbeatable at the
Academy Awards.

BUZZ FOR 'BROKEBACK'

Directed by Taiwan-born Lee, the film has won critical awards and picked up four Golden Globes. It goes into SAG, whose actor-members constitute the largest voting group for the Oscars, with four nominations.

But not everyone is comfortable with the film, whose theme is a forbidden romance between two cowboys.

President George W. Bush ducked a question last week on whether he planned to see the film, and no movie whose theme is a gay romance has won a best-picture Oscar, the symbol of mainstream success.

In a Hollywood awards-show tradition, actors ambled up the red carpet, often steered by publicists, stopping to pose for the battery of assembled photographers and to answer questions from the celebrity press.

Sutherland drew screams from fans when he cut through a velvet rope to sign autographs.

Jake Gyllenhaal, a critical favorite for his turn in "Brokeback," offered an apologetic wave to fans as he was led into the auditorium to prepare to present one of the awards.

Up against "Brokeback" in the ensemble cast category are "Capote," about the moral crisis Truman Capote faced in writing "In Cold Blood," "Crash," a racial drama set in Los Angeles, "Hustle and Flow," about a pimp's dream of stardom, and "Good night, and Good Luck," about Edward R. Murrow's fight against Sen. Joe McCarthy.

Besides the ensemble award for the "Brokeback" cast, Heath Ledger is up for best actor, Jake Gyllenhaal for best supporting actor and Michelle Williams for best supporting actress.

Ledger competes against Russell Crowe for "Cinderella Man," David Strathairn for "Good Night, and Good Luck," Joaquin Phoenix for "Walk the Line" and Oscar favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman for "Capote."

Competing in the best actress category are Huffman for "Transamerica," Reese Witherspoon for "Walk the Line," Judi Dench for "Mrs. Henderson Presents," Charlize Theron for "North Country" and Ziyi Zhang for "Memoirs of a Geisha."

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #355 on: Jan 30, 2006, 12:59 AM »
boo hoo  :'(

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #356 on: Jan 30, 2006, 01:00 AM »

You are welcome, Bruce. There is no doubt that because of BBM, many will become Heath or Jake's fans because of their performance. No one knows and only time will tell. These young actors take a role which they may not even realize its impact on many of us here. I simply feel that it is a bit harsh on them for their introduction of BBM.

It may be the telepromter's problem and I also think the lines they were given to read were really awkward. I just hope we could put an objective light on this as we all did for BBM. They deserve to win because of their performances we like - not because of their personality or PR.

what was AWKWARD was the fact that when they were talking about the cowboys they were talking about their characters and themselves in those scripted words and they probably thought it was really a stupid thing to have to do.  that hand on hip thing was too weird...betcha he was a little tipsy.  probably booze, little sleep and frustration at always losing to capote dude.  and then they have to go up their and say this screwey stuff about themselves.  i forgive them.  i think jake was ready to do it straight but then heath started screwing with it/i was so nervous all night it was like i was up for award....oh their acting needs to be recognized.   i betcha paul newman had to wair forever to get awards-as well as redford.
heath needs to learn how to deep breathe.  he is a brandoish type-doesn't want to be there.  when he gets big enough and famous and respected enough he won't have to be.

this can't hurt their oscar chances all the ballots had to be turned in by january 21st--so it is already a done deal whatever the outcome.

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2006, 01:10 AM by karind1 »

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #357 on: Jan 30, 2006, 01:08 AM »
Okay, I just watched Heath and Jake do their routine, and Heath seemed to be the clear instigator by starting to laugh as they walked on stage. That business with Heath putting his hand on his hip was just weird. I couldn't tell if he was trying to get some hidden message across, or if he was suffering from acute PBS. I think it would have been less offensive if he had bent over and started retching! He did seem to be squinting as he was trying to read the teleprompter, so maybe the bright lights actually were hurting his eyes. Jake seemed to be trying to make the best  of an awkward situation. What a disappointment. I can't believe that BBM didn't get a single award. I guess all we can do now is hope for the best at the Oscars. Sigh.

Offline Jack_ME

• My philosophy
  • Lureen
  • Jack in Maine
« Reply #358 on: Jan 30, 2006, 01:44 AM »
Okay, I just watched Heath and Jake do their routine, and Heath seemed to be the clear instigator by starting to laugh as they walked on stage. That business with Heath putting his hand on his hip was just weird. I couldn't tell if he was trying to get some hidden message across, or if he was suffering from acute PBS. I think it would have been less offensive if he had bent over and started retching! He did seem to be squinting as he was trying to read the TelePrompter, so maybe the bright lights actually were hurting his eyes. Jake seemed to be trying to make the best  of an awkward situation. What a disappointment. I can't believe that BBM didn't get a single award. I guess all we can do now is hope for the best at the Oscars. Sigh.

I watched it again in repeat and if you notice, when they are introduced and coming onto the stage, Heath is heading off toward the opposite side of the stage, but Jake indicates their microphone is on this side of the stage and so Heath does a kind of halting abrupt somewhat exaggerated turn and they appear to cross each other's paths, and then do that once again to stand at the microphone. So right away there was a bit of confusion which could put a nervous guy off balance. Then when they stand at the microphone, Heath jams his right hand into his coat or pants pocket and starts to do that with his left hand too, but then pulls back and that's when his hand landed on his hip. I'm convinced that action was unconscious and just nervousness and absolutely NOT any sort of fag/fem imitation.

Just two nervous guys, having to read overwrought lines about THEIR OWN characters.....again I say....SAG organizers were stupid to have the actors introduce their own ensemble movie. Stupid. I felt that about EVERY film that was introduced. If fact it was so stupid I thought sure there had been a mix-up when the first film was introduced by one of it's stars.

Jack in Maine
MY PHILOSOPHY DISCLAIMER: All my comments concern the MOVIE and the content and inferences obtained there. All interpretations, projections, speculations, and opinions about plot and characters are based SOLELY on the content of the movie. They can not be argued or debated by quoting the printed short story. A comparison of the two media is an interesting discussion but must be a separate discussion.

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #359 on: Jan 30, 2006, 02:35 AM »
Great analysis, Jack! The more I think about it, the more I agree with your assessment. Our boys were just nervous, and they lacked the aplomb to recover from their initial confusion and from having to read those terrible lines. That kind of grace under fire only comes with experience, so I can't fault Jake and Heath for that. In time, I'm sure both of them will develop the urbanity to weather such a poorly organized show with more poise.

Well, Oscar nominations is less than two days. Cross your fingers, everyone!