Author Topic: MUSTSEE - Charlie rose interviewed with Heath & Ang  (Read 37420 times)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
MUSTSEE - Charlie rose interviewed with Heath & Ang
« on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Heath Ledger And Ang Lee Brokeback Mountain interview with Charlie Rose Video - 12/7/05

http://www.heathledgercentral.com/bbcharlieroseinterview.html

Who loves me now??
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 05:48 PM by ethan »
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Charlie rose
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Heath Ledger And Ang Lee Brokeback Mountain interview with Charlie Rose Video - 12/7/05

http://www.heathledgercentral.com/bbcharlieroseinterview.html

Who loves me now??

Me me me...(I am raising my hand). Thank you very much.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:08 PM »
So many great answers from Ang! Wow...

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Did it take long to load the file? I have waited it to load since you posted the link. Maybe it is traffic jam?
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Who loves me now??

Awww we always loved you  :)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Did it take long to load the file? I have waited it to load since you posted the link. Maybe it is traffic jam?

No it is working fine, but i cannot forward it to Heath's interview yet...it's loading gradually, am still at Ang's interview...its a really long interview!!!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Ok, I've got Heath now...he is gorgeous with his little tie..

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Didn't I hear someone mention Tiffany's???

stationbbm...take your time...I'm browsing the Tiffany's web site at mo! I like the 1837 range! LOL ;D ;D ;D

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Didn't I hear someone mention Tiffany's???

stationbbm...take your time...I'm browsing the Tiffany's web site at mo! I like the 1837 range! LOL ;D ;D ;D

Froggy:  O my goodness!  You have taken on sainthood. You and Ethan should make sure to put this Charlie Rose interview as a headline on the front of the forum website.  This makes Oprah's segment seem trivial.  Word of advice...Lead all the BBM regulars to this amazing, amazing interview. I cannot believe that this slipped through the cracks in all the pre-release material that was going around.  Ang Lee and Heath Ledger are captivating in their response to Rose's questioning.  Please make sure that the BBM forum audience is pointed directly to the link. Awesome in its content.  This is marvelous to watch; I was fixated on every word they said.  Also, be sure to tell folks that there is some loading time to get the interview to show up on most computers.  Patience will payoff for the gem of an interview that this is. 

Brilliant find, Froggy!  All kidding aside, you and Ethan are doing a marvelous job in reaching those who have been so profoundly impacted by this film.  This whole forum is a HUGE, HUGE SUCCESS.  I hope that there are others who will be equally blessed by your great effort.

stationbbm

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Word of advice...Lead all the BBM regulars to this amazing, amazing interview. I cannot believe that this slipped through the cracks in all the pre-release material that was going around.  Ang Lee and Heath Ledger are captivating in their response to Rose's questioning.  Please make sure that the BBM forum audience is pointed directly to the link. Awesome in its content.  This is marvelous to watch; I was fixated on every word they said.  Also, be sure to tell folks that there is some loading time to get the interview to show up on most computers.  Patience will payoff for the gem of an interview that this is. 

Yeah..it sure is a great interview..Ethan's changed the thread's title to make sure more members see it!

Brilliant find, Froggy!  All kidding aside, you and Ethan are doing a marvelous job in reaching those who have been so profoundly impacted by this film.  This whole forum is a HUGE, HUGE SUCCESS.  I hope that there are others who will be equally blessed by your great effort.stationbbm

thank you stationbbm, Ethan's forum is indeed amazing...I'm just glad I came upon it one day!

Offline hidesert

• Alma
Re: MUSTSEE - Charlie rose interviewed with Heath & Ang
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2006, 08:49 PM »
ALL HAIL FROGGY THE GREAT !!!!!!!

I went out for a few hours and Froggy works this miracle while I was gone.   

Add another 2 grand to that Tiffany order, my contribution for an outstanding job!

Vintage Charlie Rose interviews - his oak table can be intimidating to new interviewees but Ang is used to it.  Charlie's interviews are almost like intimate talks with celebrities and politicos mostly.  He's able to get inside of the people he interviews like they are telling him their secrets. 

I wish Charlie would do an interview with the whole BBM cast like the Oprah one. 
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 10:59 PM by hidesert »

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Well people keep talking about Tiffany's but ain't seen nuttin yet! ;D

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:27 PM »

The check is in the mail Froggy. It'll be there any day.  ;D

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2006, 03:31 AM »
that charliae rose show was an unbelievable find?  how did you do that--it was fu%k*ng unreal it was so good.  wow...thanks
karin

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2006, 03:44 AM »
that charliae rose show was an unbelievable find?  how did you do that--it was fu%k*ng unreal it was so good.  wow...thanks
karin

I had a great motivation!  ;D ;D

Offline glacier1

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2006, 09:03 AM »
After Oprah's very disappointing show, I hoped Charlie Rose or some other competent journalist would focus on the film.   Studios audiences almost always adversely affect the tone and quality of the interview.   Thanks for the link!   I'm hoping for a follow up with Mr. Rose, perhaps exploring the film's impact.
I realized that I, as a writer, was having the rarest film trip: my story was not mangled but enlarged into huge and gripping imagery that rattled minds and squeezed hearts.....Annie Proulx.

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2006, 09:27 AM »
TRIVIA:  While I was searching in vain for the Charlie Rose interview, I discovered on the charlierose.com website that they also have a forum discussing BBM: 

http://boards.charlierose.com/board/topic.asp?ti=16113

Different type of discussion than this board - interesting but different - more a literary discussion.

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2006, 11:11 AM by hidesert »

Offline Sanne

• Jack Fuckin' Twist
  • Alma Jr.
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Thanks !  :-*

Offline monicita

• Jack
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:30 AM »
Wow, totally blown away by the interviews. I love Ang. And Heath is a darling. So unhollywoodian...

Froggy, I salute you!

monicita
Love is a many splendoured thing...

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2006, 06:15 PM »
thank u froggy! u're the best!!  ;)

"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Wow, totally blown away by the interviews. I love Ang. And Heath is a darling. So unhollywoodian...

Froggy, I salute you!

monicita

;D

thank u froggy! u're the best!!  ;)

I know I know! Hehehe!
LOL
 ;D

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Thank's Frogg123 for the Charlie Rose interview, quite awesome. I know now they never tought one moment thsi movie would have that kind of effect, that is such a great achievement of their part, they deserve every honor they can muster. Bravo.

what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Froggy HELP!  I get nothing from that site - only a black screen.  Nothing ever loads, not even a few seconds.  What's up??  Is it the site maybe?  Did they take it down?  Or my browser?  (I'm at work, so it should be lightning fast).

-btb
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Froggy HELP!  I get nothing from that site - only a black screen.  Nothing ever loads, not even a few seconds.  What's up??  Is it the site maybe?  Did they take it down?  Or my browser?  (I'm at work, so it should be lightning fast).

-btb

When you open the page, first clic on play/pause, and let the file upload, it does take a very long time, coz it is a very big file...be patient..it will work!!
 ;)

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #24 on: Feb 15, 2006, 05:32 PM »
OMG you are magic!  I got about one second of music and could see CHARLIE RO--- on the screen and then it stopped.  I hope after it loads it will continue.  Before that, I was getting nothing at all, honestly.

-btb
He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly through his mouth and nose, hoping for the faintest smoke and mountain sage and salty sweet stink of Jack but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands. Make the pledge! Go Back to Brokeback whenever, however you can. Join the BTB Project.

Offline jeddd

• Cassie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Funny inconsistancy.  Ang is convinced Jack is murdered.  According to McMurty's Advocate interview, you cannot assume anything regarding Jack's death.  It's Ennis' fear that leads him to believe it was murder.  Odd how filmmakers on the same project interpret the same material differently.

Thanks for the video post.

Offline backtobrokeback

• Alma
  • Jack, I swear... --
« Reply #26 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:28 PM »
Got it!  What a great interview, of both of them. 

As for the ambiguity, I think that remained quite well in the film, in particular in Anne Hathaway's careful performance of that scene.  I could speculate that as a director, Ang Lee maybe had to find a way for the story to unfold in his own mind, so that he could proceed with decisions about tone and give direction to Anne, and put the flash of the murder in the right context.  Ambiguity may be the context, but just as we feel a need to decide one way or the other here on this board, I'm SURE he and the actors needed to find a way out of that ambiguity too; if no one really has a clear belief of what happened, the scene could very well slip from ambiguity to confusion or irrelevance.  It didn't, thank goodness.  It was brilliantly done, in part because Heath knew that Ennis *believed* in the tire iron, regardless of what Ang himself believes.

-backtobrokeback

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #27 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Got it!  What a great interview, of both of them. 

I'm glad you could see the interview!

x Froggy

Offline azur

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #28 on: Feb 17, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Like backtobro, I've tried several times to watch this interview online and it just ran a little while and then stopped.   Troubled by this, I did a google search and found a link where you can download it via BT...In such a way, you don't have to be interrupted by stops and stars...and can save it into your collection of BBM Interviews.  I already did since this interview is the best one I've ever seen so far...very detailed and to the point.

The quality of the clip is high and about 232 MB.  Enjoy~~

http://www.mininova.org/tor/172079

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #29 on: Feb 17, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Like backtobro, I've tried several times to watch this interview online and it just ran a little while and then stopped.   Troubled by this, I did a google search and found a link where you can download it via BT...In such a way, you don't have to be interrupted by stops and stars...and can save it into your collection of BBM Interviews.  I already did since this interview is the best one I've ever seen so far...very detailed and to the point.

The quality of the clip is high and about 232 MB.  Enjoy~~

Hello azur, thanks so much for posting this link. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here.