Author Topic: Movie reviews etc...  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Rod

• Alma Jr.
Movie reviews etc...
« on: Feb 04, 2006, 12:50 PM »
I think froggy said it best.....which film this year will be remembered for years to come?  Brokeback to me will forever be a "break through"  film that defines a genre.  Yes there have been other good films, BUT Brokeback has what it takes to last forever....Tremendous short story, great screenplay, and last but absolutely not least.....Heath Ledgers performance, the spare, close to the bone, no cheese, no bs, no hollywood acting...the greatest internal job of living and being his character.....Jake Gyllenhaal...more open, more obviously hurting, forever trying to make a life with his love, and swallowing that dissapointment over and over again, but he cannot quit Heath. 
   This is a film that haunts me, and will forever be the first and greatest love story of my life.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Movie reviews etc...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:37 PM »
I think froggy said it best.....which film this year will be remembered for years to come?  Brokeback to me will forever be a "break through"  film that defines a genre.  Yes there have been other good films, BUT Brokeback has what it takes to last forever....Tremendous short story, great screenplay, and last but absolutely not least.....Heath Ledgers performance, the spare, close to the bone, no cheese, no bs, no hollywood acting...the greatest internal job of living and being his character.....Jake Gyllenhaal...more open, more obviously hurting, forever trying to make a life with his love, and swallowing that dissapointment over and over again, but he cannot quit Heath. 
   This is a film that haunts me, and will forever be the first and greatest love story of my life.

Ditto!

Thanks Rod!
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2006, 06:16 AM »
Once in a very great while, a film comes along in which all the elements - the casting, cinematography, screenplay, acting, direction - come together to form a perfect whole. It is that synergy that creates a masterpiece that affects everyone who sees it: a film that has the power to change people's thinking, and a film that will be remembered for ages.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2006, 08:32 PM »
Once in a very great while, a film comes along in which all the elements - the casting, cinematography, screenplay, acting, direction - come together to form a perfect whole. It is that synergy that creates a masterpiece that affects everyone who sees it: a film that has the power to change people's thinking, and a film that will be remembered for ages.

Apollonos, so very well said!

Thanks for posting!
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2006, 01:00 AM »

Apollonos, so very well said!

Thanks for posting!

Ditto

x Froggy
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2006, 01:05 AM »
Thanks, friends. Let's hope that synergy is enough to win BBM all 8 of those Oscars!  ;D  Go, Brokeback, GO!!!