Author Topic: Vote Jake: After-Elton 2008  (Read 11761 times)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Vote Jake: After-Elton 2008
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:47 AM »
Make him the winner again this year!

:)

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2008/hot100/voting

You only need to submit one name.  ;)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Vote Jake: After-Elton 2008
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2008, 08:37 AM »

For the second year in a row:  :)

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2008/6/hot100?page=0%2C19

-------------------------

1. Jake Gyllenhaal 
Rank last year: 1

Given how little we’ve actually seen of Jake over the past twelve months – two films that grossed only $43 million between them; his very low profile since the death of friend and Brokeback Mountain co-star Heath Ledger – it truly is a testament to Gyllenhaal’s enduring appeal to gay men that he topped our list for the second straight year. (It should be noted, however, that he edged out John Barrowman by only the narrowest of margins.)

What accounts for Jake’s ongoing appeal to gay men? His doe-eyed, boy next door (yet somehow smoldering) looks certainly don’t hurt, but we suspect what really makes gay men go for him is that he doesn’t have an issue going for us. From playing gay in Brokeback to appearing at a GLAAD award show to not feeling the need to distance himself from his gay fans (remember the shout out to us done in drag on Saturday Night Live?), Jake has done as much as any actor to show straight guys there isn’t a good reason to be afraid of gay guys (or gay roles).

Jake’s upcoming projects will showcase his range and willingness to tackle a variety of roles. This December he’ll be starring in director Jim Sheridan’s drama Brothers, then in 2009 moviegoers will see him tackle the romantic comedy Nailed before playing Dastan in Prince of Persia (based on the video game of the same name). Alas, none of his roles have him playing gay again, but we are curious to see what he does with his upcoming role as Joe Namath.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2008, 04:21 AM »
just for the records... i love what barrowman said about being second after JG....  ;) ;D
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

yb

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:48 AM »
I find this kind of votes rather strange, but hey, Heath managed to get a 34th position, I'm quite surprised by it.

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:23 AM »
just for the records... i love what barrowman said about being second after JG....  ;) ;D

I loved Barrowman's double entendre.  :)

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:26 AM »
I find this kind of votes rather strange, but hey, Heath managed to get a 34th position, I'm quite surprised by it.

Some people may have been uncomfortable voting for him after he had passed away.

It's certainly a barometer for current gay interest, and that is so changable (notice that many in the top 10 are relatively new to the list).  The fact that Jake won it twice in a row is quite a testament to the tenacity of his gay appeal.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2008, 07:05 PM »
i didnt find this thread until he had already won  %&) lol, and about the heath coming 34th i agree with tpe many people will have found it uncomfortble or hard voting for him after he passed... i think if this was not the case he would have came much higher...

Offline tpe

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2008, 09:27 AM »
i didnt find this thread until he had already won  %&) lol, and about the heath coming 34th i agree with tpe many people will have found it uncomfortble or hard voting for him after he passed... i think if this was not the case he would have came much higher...

What matters is that we support them both, in life as well as in death.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2008, 09:30 AM »
What matters is that we support them both, in life as well as in death.

yer :)