Author Topic: Jake Gyllenhaal & Heath Ledger  (Read 15029 times)

Offline atalley

• Jack
  • "Jack, I swear."
Jake Gyllenhaal & Heath Ledger
« on: Jun 06, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Not sure where to put this, so feel free to move if needed.  I just read an Interview that American Way Magazine did with Jake & his friendship with Heath & his death.  I think the link is americanwaymag.com, or you can go to IHJ.com & look at RIP Heath Ledger.  It was extremely touching.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
  • It could be like this,just like this...always
Re: Jake Gyllenhaal & Heath Ledger
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2010, 11:32 AM »
Oh,thank you so much for this information,Atalley ¡  :^^) I have found the link in IHJ and...what can I say? From all the interview one deduces not only how sensible Jake is,but how close they were,it's really touching,but I see also a kind of angry fatigue in Jake against so many interferences and unhealthy curiosity about Heath and their friendship.Anyhow,well said,Jake ¡  :clap:

The experience Heath and I had was also shared publicly with all the press and publicity we did. But what we shared as friends, though I respect the interest that so many people have in the mourning and grieving process and how it feels to other people, I feel like — and I don’t mean this in an unkind way — but I don’t think it’s anybody’s business but his and mine. So in that sense, to really respect him — and also the way he felt about his life and his private life and what he cared about, because he was a deeply caring and loving human being — every time anybody asks me any question about him, it would be like he was sitting next to me, and I know he would roll his eyes, because that’s the way he was. It was between us.”

Oh,my ¡... :_( :_( :_(
Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------
Heathcliff Andrew Ledger (1979-2008)/Rajel Karen Ashkenazi (1986-2008)
You will be forever in my heart,friends.

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2010, 11:38 AM »
By the way,in IHJ I have also found this link where they also talk about Jake's feelings about Heath's passing.It's really moving and sad seeing how bad he still feels when talking about this...

Ennis’s eyes gone bright with shock, mouth opening then closing again. “Love?” Ennis said finally, voice strangling in his throat.

Jack smiled sad. “Yeah, Ennis. Love.” Leaned forward and kissed Ennis’s temple, whispered, “What’d you think it was, all this time?”
("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline chowhound

• Lureen
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2010, 10:00 PM »
I think this is the link to the article in which Jake talks at more length than he has ever done before about Heath and himself:

http://www.americanwaymag.com/jake-gyllenhaal-maggie-gyllenhaal-editor-actor

He is more open than he has ever been before yet still understandably guarded. I think this is all we may hear from him on this painful topic - at least for some while.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Thanks for the link and this thread. I completely agree and understand what he meant.

The experience Heath and I had was also shared publicly with all the press and publicity we did. But what we shared as friends, though I respect the interest that so many people have in the mourning and grieving process and how it feels to other people, I feel like — and I don’t mean this in an unkind way — but I don’t think it’s anybody’s business but his and mine. So in that sense, to really respect him — and also the way he felt about his life and his private life and what he cared about, because he was a deeply caring and loving human being — every time anybody asks me any question about him, it would be like he was sitting next to me, and I know he would roll his eyes, because that’s the way he was. It was between us.”
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2010, 09:10 AM »
Thanks for the links. It's still so sad. :_(
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Thanks for starting this topic atalley, we actually moved it to this board in memory of Heath Ledger
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline rimasworld

• Ennis
  • If ya can't fix it ya gotta stand it
« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2010, 08:08 PM »
What a beautiful person Heath was to Jake and I understand why it is so hard for him and yes he's right..some things you share with a close friend are between you and that person and I know he will always keep Heath close to his heart. Jake is so sweet.

Offline WildCatIsle

• Joy, that near to me remains
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I'm sorry (I love you) It's alright (I love you)
« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2010, 05:54 PM »

Offline myprivatejack

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Really moving video,WcI ¡ It says a great truth; Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal.The best friends.Forever.The rest is silence... In all senses.Period. :_(

("If I asked")
                         ----------------

Offline Dangerina

• Alma
  • Truly, madly, deeply...
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:18 AM »
...But what we shared as friends...I don’t think it’s anybody’s business but his and mine. It was between us.”
This is nobody's business, but ours  :_( :_( :_(
A friend of mine who is also a true BBM fan believes there was even more between them that we can guess. She thinks this mental contradiction brought Heath to cemetry becoming the reason for that addiction to drugs (I mean... well...in the medical sense of course...). Perhaps there was no love as it is, no sex or whatever...but something that dragged them closer and closer to it - esp. Heath. She even thinks it was Jake's fault that Heath died - because it was only he who could save him.
As for me, I prefer to judge by myself. When I find myself ior my closest beloved er... say person (not man) in a trouble, I will keep silent - I won't talk about it with anyone, even with my mom - the heartache won't let me open my mouth. There were too many people who spoke too much after Heath's death. Even Michelle spoke her head off, Jake alone kept his mouth shut and is still keeping silent.
My only hope is that some day somewhere in heaven Heath and Jake will hold each other in their arms and their friendship, or, perhaps even something more will never grow old.
Life is ours, we live it our way.

Offline Dangerina

• Alma
  • Truly, madly, deeply...
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:28 AM »
Life is ours, we live it our way.

Offline BBMsheep

• Jack + Ennis
  • Little Darlin'
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2012, 04:06 AM »
I don't know if it's the right place to post my question,and maybe the subject has been talked before, but I was wondering if someone knows how Heath and Jake met each other?
Thanks!

:s:
It could be like this - just like this - always

Later, that dozy embrace solidified in his memory as the single moment of artless, charmed happiness in their separate and difficult lives. Annie Proulx